The TV Thread

Question,

Since Ive moved and used a different "provider" I get channel bleed from the last analog channel in the digital channels. Ive got cable going into the tv from the wall and also into the digital receiver > scart in the tv.

Read it might be a faulty tuner but all the other scart/hdmi/vga channels dont have a problem.

Whats the best solution? Just take the cable out of the tv?

No problem, I like the sound and look of widgets on the TV's but it has USA only written all over it.

Also Pioneer's conference has been cancelled at the last minute, like Toshiba last year.

EDIT: Wipeout and GT in 3D

Last edited:
It aint out of stock in the shop and people who want a good TV would pay well over a grand

£1000 is very cheap for a TV like that

I spent about £1700 on a 40" Samsung that had 1080p. This was back when 1080p was unheard of. You can get the same TV for less than half the price now probably. That one was for myself which I paid for all at once.
The second TV was also a Samsung but it was a 50" plasma for around the same price along with a "free" DVD player, speaker system and a fancy glass stand. That cost about the same but I only paid half of it and it was bought at a gift for my dad.
Don't regret the second TV but the first was probably the stupidest money-related decision I've made. :CONF:

EDIT.
Ok, its not twice as much as £1000 but its still a lot of money.

I spent about £1700 on a 40" Samsung that had 1080p. This was back when 1080p was unheard of. You can get the same TV for less than half the price now probably. That one was for myself which I paid for all at once.
The second TV was also a Samsung but it was a 50" plasma for around the same price along with a "free" DVD player, speaker system and a fancy glass stand. That cost about the same but I only paid half of it and it was bought at a gift for my dad.
Don't regret the second TV but the first was probably the stupidest money-related decision I've made. :CONF:

EDIT.
Ok, its not twice as much as £1000 but its still a lot of money.
dont even start...
i bought a 56 inch mitsubishi diamond series, native 1080i back in 2002, rear projection, weights 550 pounds, cost me $4500... I could now buy three 61 inch dlp 1080p sets for that much

Nick Cave = Serial Procrastinator

ash = skint

EDIT: Tim =
coolpink.gif

Does anyone here have a Logitech Harmony remote?

That price is putting me off as well, the 555 looks like a good alternative, its £42 at Misco but their delivery charges are high.

Its still cheaper than the Amazon price though.

Anyone have a Panasonic Viera TH42PZ80B, can pick one up for £800 inc 5yr Warranty... It's the biggest I can fit where I want till I knock walls down, and my bust Sammy will cost me nearly 200 notes to fix so I may as well get a new set...

That price is putting me off as well, the 555 looks like a good alternative, its £42 at Misco but their delivery charges are high.

Its still cheaper than the Amazon price though.

I'm going to look the 555 up on the logitech site and see if it will connect to all of my things (The Haromony one did) then I am going to order it :DD

For £40 you can't go wrong! - I saw it on amazon for £60+ and I thought I would just get the Harmony one for a bit more. But With the 555 at this price I am going to go for it.

Might read a few more reviews jsut to make sure aswell.

Thanks Tobi.

Anyone have a Panasonic Viera TH42PZ80B, can pick one up for £800 inc 5yr Warranty... It's the biggest I can fit where I want till I knock walls down, and my bust Sammy will cost me nearly 200 notes to fix so I may as well get a new set...

I got that for £759 with the warranty about 4 months ago. I like it, not had any problems, good picture.

Back
Top Bottom