The TV Thread

You could ask Sky to come round and cable up your front room that would be the easiest but it is likely to cost a fair bit, or you could threaten to cancel your subscription and they may do it for free.

My dad had a similar problem and he bought one of these:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344857/Trail/searchtext>TV+SIGNAL+BOOSTER.htm

It did the trick for him, get it from Argos as if doesn't work they take it back without quibbles.

Or you could get a freeview signal booster, I know few people who have got the one below and say that it worked really well for them:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36576&C=39883&U=booster_prod

Right, I'm after a bit of help guys...

My mum bought This TV, the twat in the shop blatantly lied to her and said it doesn't need an aerial, so he's a cock for a start. Next, I've got an aerial that we tried on the TV in her room, and all it picked up was 2 analogue channels, no digital, no freeview or anything.

So then I tried it in my room, (about 20 yards away from her room), and it picked up all 5 analogue channels, plus 3 or 4 digital channels. From this I take it that mum's room is just a bad signal area, but what can we do to improve the reception there? Signal boosters or something? Or will it just be easier to move the Sky box from my room to her room, (I don't watch it in my room anymore). How much are Sky likely to charge for this etc?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks :)).

Just re cable yourself Tim, bang a splitter on your end so if you need to you have it too, I did my whole house and put speakers in each room too. Dead simple...

what i would try..

have your aerial going into the back of the skybox aerial in.. then a cable from the aerial out to your tv (this would allow you to still get a signal from your aerial) and then on the rf out on the sky box run a cable to your mums tv

this will allow her to pick up the aerial signal from your box (terrestrial tv) and also allow her to watch the sky channel you are tuned into (you will need to enable rf out in the sky installer menu, 4,0,1)

anyways i think this should work and should only be the cost of a coaxial cable

Last edited:
Well, my Mum rang Sky yesterday to enquire about moving the Sky box from my room to her room...

We're getting Sky HD on 20th December downstairs, Mum's getting the current Sky+ box in her room, and I'm keeping the normal Sky box in my room! :DD

Poor old Coopz put off for life :LOL: but technology moving on now seem LED is becoming the future for LCD but to quick to jump on wagon yet i would say.

As for the Z4500 review not seen one Nick but few impressions on Avforums.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/8049520-post297.html
Hmm I liked the look of this one too but that does not sound good... Still the Kuro looking favorite, though I've just found out the new log burner my other half wants will end up costing me 2K so I may have to wait a little longer...

Hmm I liked the look of this one too but that does not sound good... Still the Kuro looking favorite, though I've just found out the new log burner my other half wants will end up costing me 2K so I may have to wait a little longer...

Tell your wife it's a recession, and burning wood is bad for the environment.

Get the Kuro :BOP::BOP:

Right, what's the best TV I can get for £300 guys?

(This seems like I'm being lazy, but I'm not - I respect you guys opinions and know that you know you're stuff :) )

Right, what's the best TV I can get for £300 guys?

(This seems like I'm being lazy, but I'm not - I respect you guys opinions and know that you know you're stuff :) )

Samsung LE32A456C has some good noises made about it, you need to tweak the settings but that's the same with all new sets, I think that's the right code. My mate has one and he loves it.
I think you can pick one up for around £340...
there are a couple of Plasies too but I can't remember the codes I'll have to check em...

I turned on my Sky HD box yesterday and I was greeted with a blue screen and the box wasn't responding.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Rmour has it thy it was caused by the new EPG getting sent to the boxes.

I turned on my Sky HD box yesterday and I was greeted with a blue screen and the box wasn't responding.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Rmour has it thy it was caused by the new EPG getting sent to the boxes.

!I had that the other day! first time ever. Turnt it off by the plug and on again then it worked.

weird though

if only i had a wall/room big enough

Twin Sony VPH-G90U projectors in a Blend on a 11ft wide 16:9 SMX screen. Source is the PS3

cliff12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom