The TV Thread

what about the deal on the one listed? Do you know the model codes for the new panas nick? Never really been a big fan of the panasonics . Reliability aside

what about the deal on the one listed? Do you know the model codes for the new panas nick? Never really been a big fan of the panasonics . Reliability aside

What are you going to use it for mainly, LCD was ruled out for me due to the gaming side.
Pioneer do the best plasma screen on the market but you pay top dollar.

CRT Philips were very good never had an LCD Philips though...

For the money I can't fault my Pana, we have a Samsung LCD in the bedroom and for gaming I prefer the plasma, if I could have fit the 50" Pioneer in our lounge pre building work I would recommend spending the extra...

Yeah im gonna be gaming on it quite a bit - so im now coming round to a plasma

-
think im going to go for the th50pz80 - there going to be replaced soon but they are going for 999 atm

Yeah im gonna be gaming on it quite a bit - so im now coming round to a plasma

-
think im going to go for the th50pz80 - there going to be replaced soon but they are going for 999 atm

Good price for a 50" screen, check you get a 5 year warranty, richer sounds do a 5 year for less than £100, if you have dead pixels they will replace the set no questions...

cheers nick for the help -

after some searching ive bought a th46pz85 for 850 inc delivery.

ill report back when ive set it up.

decided to save some money as im trying to convince the missus on a bose system lol

I'm thinking of getting a 23' Samsung to use as my computer monitor / plus a tv screen, I've seen many people around with it especially here on EW!

I found a deal at a local store which is selling it at 150 quid, should I go for it?

Dragging up the thread from the depths.

Was in town today as seen a deal in the paper I couldnt believe, an LG32' LCD panel for under 300 quid at Currys, I was thinking of getting it as an HD tele for my bedroom, anyhow, while in there, it says, also available 37 and 42, the 37 is 399 and the 42 is 550, which I aint going near.

So now I'm thinking of taking my current 32' Panasonic LCD to my bedroom and replacing it with the the 37' LG, the series is LH2000 series, it's LG37 LH2000. Does anyone know any decent reviews on the set or have one even? Or do I just save my moolah till the LED's (man alive those sets look sooooooooooooo good, even against the plasma's) all drop in price in a few years

How much are we looking at for an average 40 inch OLED TV right now?
I think the LCDs are about £700 at the moment.

The new Samsung LED's start from around £1000.

I did a search for the LG model but can't find any reviews on it, its might be an old model.

I've seen 37LH7000.

Last edited:
Cheers Tobi, I thought maybe it was an older model too, however Amazon have it on their books as of the start of May this year, there is no reviews on the site either, plus you can only pre-order it as such. I guess it's a budget type LCD, was just looking to see if anyone knew anything about them, went to go have another look tonight, but Currys were closed.

Does anyone know if Currys let you demo tv's, I'd love to take down my Xbox and hook it up to see how it handles games, it's meant to have a response time of 5ms, which is ideal. It's a 720p panel, made in Poland, One HDMI at the back, one at the side, VGA in, Component, Optical out etc. It was sitting beside a 32 LCD Pany, which did look head and shoulders better, but it was twice the price!

I know most PS3 games are only 720p and the Xbox is native at that, though it has the software bunt to 1080p. So dont think the 720p thing is a big deal.

Well Currys are nobs so I doubt it.

And I wouldn't judge how they perform from how they're set up in that shop. I'm surprsed the employees can even turn the sets on let alone set them up properly.

Unless you're on about the actual design/styling of it, in which case never mind :P

Cheers Tobi, I thought maybe it was an older model too, however Amazon have it on their books as of the start of May this year, there is no reviews on the site either, plus you can only pre-order it as such. I guess it's a budget type LCD, was just looking to see if anyone knew anything about them, went to go have another look tonight, but Currys were closed.

Does anyone know if Currys let you demo tv's, I'd love to take down my Xbox and hook it up to see how it handles games, it's meant to have a response time of 5ms, which is ideal. It's a 720p panel, made in Poland, One HDMI at the back, one at the side, VGA in, Component, Optical out etc. It was sitting beside a 32 LCD Pany, which did look head and shoulders better, but it was twice the price!

I know most PS3 games are only 720p and the Xbox is native at that, though it has the software bunt to 1080p. So dont think the 720p thing is a big deal.

unless your going to sit 12 inches from that tv 1080p wont matter.. 1080p only matters with 50 inch and more, and about 6 feet away at that size... i can grab a fucking sweet 50 inch 720p plasma for about $899, if i was looking i would

I need a TV as my monitor is due to be sold today and I'm after replacing it with a 32" or 37" TV. Anyone know any good sites that are cheap and reliable with delivery?

I'm able to spend around £300 if anyone can recommend any specific televisions?

I've been going back to that one actually, Tobi. Each time I look around, I always seem to compare the TV to that Toshiba.

I've just checked the Comet site as I could get it at lunch but they want an extra £70 the robbers :(

That's why I'll never buy a TV from those kind of high street shops, Argos prices are terrible too.

Independent retailers ftw!

Save a bit more money and get a 42-50" 1080p TV

you can pick them up for 500 to 700 quid now

Back
Top Bottom