The TV Show Thread

I absolutely loved Generation Kill. Too bad its only a summer series. Once you watch Generation Kill, you will start seeing the actors in loads of other shows such as True Blood, Fringe and ER.

Also watched the 2nd episode of the new Tim Roth show "Lie to me" made a pretty good start, we'll be sticking with it :)

I watched the first 3 and have enjoyed them all. I love when they use real life photos to compare the gestures. I also really like the guy with the radical honesty.

Dollhouse - 101

Decent pilot. It was way better than I thought it was going to be.
The show Mythology seems weak but, with the seriousness of the show, it stirs up enough my curiosity.
In fact, I like it because actors can act and there's no stupid dialogs. Good points !

7/10

Last edited:
Just finished Season 4 of The Office and I thoroughly enjoyed it, the 20 minute gag reel is hilarious.

Law and Order UK starts on the 23rd on ITV, I'm a fan of the three original shows but I have my doubts about this version, only time will tell.

Last edited:
Law and Order UK? Oh dear, horrible idea, hadn't even heard there was going to be one.

Edit: Just been reading up on Law and Order UK, Apollo from Galactica is one of the leads? Might not be so bad after all then, shame that the whole first season is just remakes of past L&O, having seen every episode ever made I'm sure to remember a lot of the plots.

Wife and I just watched Dollhouse 1x01, excellent.

Last edited:
Dollhouse 1x01 - 7.5/10

Quite enjoyable although it did seem to stretch things a little too far. Worth keeping an eye on though.

It's a shame the network insisted there be no "get to meet her before it all kicks off" in the pilot, they wanted it purely from the moment she's all integrated into Dollhouse, so for the viewer it means we're much more detached than we would be if we had the chance to know her before and understand what happened and why, I guess they'll trickle little bits of that in future episodes.

Fox wanted more action and less talking for the pilot of Dollhouse.
We got to see episode 2 instead of the "real" pilot because it is more understandable. The real pilot should be the next episode...

Not heard of it, I'll check it out. It's hardly something new looking at what it's about :( US TV needs new ideas like Lost or Prison Break instead of these detective shows. I'll give it a watch still though as I do like detective shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
...because the pilot was no pilot.
After a month, I can say that I don't really like the show. After the 1st episodes where it was a surprise, I think that, week after week, Whedon is going down in his fans estimation.
He said that Dollhouse is way better after episode 6, so I'll continue the watch the show (if it's not cancelled...), but I'm not excited anymore.

Currently watching Dollhouse ep4 after getting bored halfway through last time I tried to watch it. I kinda feel like Tuta does about it, it just doesn't excite me or make me want to watch the next episode.

Dushku annoys me with her attitude always coming across as smarmy or completely dense. I know it's her character as such but the way she portrays it is over the top I think. And I've said it before, this lead scientist guy pisses me off big-time. Really makes me want to punch him repeatedly with the way he pulls his facial expressions and his attitude.

On the other hand, Dushku's handler is a good character.

I'll keep watching until after episode 6 to see if it gets better but it's not as good as I hoped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Being Human on iPlayer though I think it's expired now. I think someone mentioned it earlier but it's a good show. Quite a witty script for a dark show. Good music too.

Just finished Being Human on iPlayer though I think it's expired now. I think someone mentioned it earlier but it's a good show. Quite a witty script for a dark show. Good music too.

The good news there is that its been commissioned for a 2nd series :D

I saw that. Yay. :DD

In other news Horne and Corden was shite. Aside from the camp reporter bloke. The rest was either rubbish, went on for too long or was a combination of the two.

I'm getting seriously fed up of Horne and Corden, and I didn't even bother to watch Gavin and Stacey so it's not like I can claim to have seen much of them. Thats just how annoying they are.

Back
Top Bottom