The Pretender
Veronica Mars
Buffy
Red Dwarf
The X-Files
Dead Like Me
Freaks and Geeks
Rome

@Placebo : I want to start Homicide soon.

Shit yeah Deadwood, how did I forget that? Easily in my top5 all time shows, nobodies eyes can act the way that Timothy Olyphant could act with his eyes in that show, such intense, controlled rage always under the surface of his character, scintillating performance by him, and of course also by Ian McShane, Al Swearengen is to Lovejoy, as John Wayne Gacy is to Mary Poppins.

Rome is also an excellent call, absolutely superb series, especially by the two main leads (British actors FTW!).

Tuta, first couple of seasons of Homicide are as good as any TV show in modern history, it declines over the seasons but collectively it's still a superbly written and acted show.

It was getting there, first few apps were average to decent but it really picked up later on, real shame it didn't get the chance to show us where it was heading.

I would have The Shield in my list but I'm waiting for five to show the final season.

:RANT:

:))

I just can't bring myself to get episodes the other way.

Anyone here watch Monk? I've been watching the new episodes on Hallmark recently and I'm enjoying it.

I've got some episodes of Psych recorded too but I haven't watched them yet, from the promos it looks like its similar to Monk...

Watched the first episode of The Mentalist last night, REALLY enjoyed it! Made me laugh quite a lot but it's also really quite clever how things get worked out. Definately one I'm sticking with :D

Yeah it's an excellent show, the wife and I really like it, also doing well in the US, beating established shows so at least we'll get to see a whole season of it ;)

For those who like to be forewarned about which of their beloved US TV Shows is about to be canned by know nothing cunt TV execs to appease the trailer park trash reality TV show watching unwashed masses, here's your site: http://tvbythenumbers.com/

Interesting to see Eleventh Hour is winning its slot (good to know as I like that show), Mentalist is kicking ass and taking names, and surprisingly Lie to me beat 24 by 300k viewers.

Latest show to be "put on hiatus" (that's cunt TV executive talk for we're going to cancel it as soon as we can) is Ugly Betty, silly cheesy trashy show but it really was a guilty pleasure :)

For those who like to be forewarned about which of their beloved US TV Shows is about to be canned by know nothing cunt TV execs to appease the trailer park trash reality TV show watching unwashed masses, here's your site: http://tvbythenumbers.com/

Interesting to see Eleventh Hour is winning its slot (good to know as I like that show), Mentalist is kicking ass and taking names, and surprisingly Lie to me beat 24 by 300k viewers.

Latest show to be "put on hiatus" (that's cunt TV executive talk for we're going to cancel it as soon as we can) is Ugly Betty, silly cheesy trashy show but it really was a guilty pleasure :)
Thanks for that Placebo, I'm always amazed at what stays and what gets chopped State side...

As for Ugly Betty I watched some of the first series then it went off with the flowers...

Sounds like Friday Night Lights is going to get cancelled very soon.

Also watched the 2nd episode of the new Tim Roth show "Lie to me" made a pretty good start, we'll be sticking with it :)

I watched the first and like it a lot, well its Tim Roth :),
but these crime, patient, whatever of the week are pretty much the same deal, one big polemic eccentric leader etc.
I think I will stick with just one or watch when the season is done.
Its just too much to follow.

Last nights Chuckj was in 3D, which was great for Americans who had the 3D glasses to watch the Superbowl but sucks for everyone else :(

Big Bang Theory, anyone watch? We ran out of shows for Sunday/Monday so I was looking for something, saw this looked decent and we've already watched about 10 episodes, really funny, appeals to the geek in us :)

Also watched the first episode of "The Beast" the new "gritty" cop show with Patrick Swayze, not bad :)

Yep, I watch The Big Bang Theory and I'm fairly sure Nick does too. Pretty funny show, the nerdish jokes crack me up sometimes.

Last week's episode when Sheldon tried to come up with an algorithm to make friends was hilarious.

Two episodes of Scrubs tonight too, yay. :)

That Big Bang Theory is terrible if it's the one I'm thinking of. Granted Ive only seen about 2 eps but I really didnt like it.

I thought the first few episodes were quite poor, but they realized that some of their stereotypes sucked and changed the direction. I think its a lot better now than when it started.

I'm watching the Season 2 re runs on C4 at the moment, 2 episodes in and its OK so far.

I hated TBBT for a while but as Milanista said it changed and I really appreciate the show since. For me, it's miles better than How I Met You Mother (who has 3 good seasons, most of the times it's not interesting but some episodes are amazing so I can't stop...). Even with a great NPH, I don't smile very often. I don't know if "The Adventures of Sheldon" will be as funny in 2 years, but this season 2 is perfect to watch once in bed :).

Last edited:
The third episode 3 of the The Big Band Theory S2 was a good one, also I've started Generation Kill and it reminds me of Band of Brothers and Jarhead.

Back
Top Bottom