The TV Show Thread

Just caught up on 'How I Met Your Mother', 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' and 'The Big Bang Theory' as well. Oh boy, they can't get any funnier.

Oh, and I think the last few episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory' have been pretty good actually, specially the last one.

On the other hand, I've run out of funny shows to watch, so I could do with some suggestions. :D

Latest episode of Chuck was brilliant. And again, possibly the best in this series. In fact I might have enjoyed it enough to say it was the best episode of Chuck.

Gotta say his ex is pretty stunning though :DD

Oh yeah, I've just seen it as well. Quite funny really, definitely one of the coolest episodes of this season.

It took me a while to realise where I knew his ex from too. She's damn fit. :D

For me the season premiere was better. It introduced really well the season.
I don't want Sarah to be sad....

That's great to hear, the finale was great.

I love Scrubs too!! We've just started watching them from the beginning, the first episode was great! You just feel so sorry for JD on his first day, bless him. I'm loving the kind-of-flirting between him and Elliot, and Dr Cox is so hilarious and sharp. Also the Janitor freaks me out a little, but funny.

Indeed. It's my favotire show as well, I love it. It's the most complete show on TV, you experience so much throughout 20 minutes, you're laughing out loud and then a couple of minutes later you're feeling like crying. I just hope they don't ruin it with this eight season that seems like it's been forced upon everyone. :(

Oh yeah, I've started watching Gavin and Stacey, it's really good. I remember watching a couple of episodes on TV a few months ago and thinking the show was great.

Ah, and I totally forgot about Entourage, I really feel like starting to watch the fifth season but the truth is that I barely remember what happened at the end of the fourth. Erm, fuck it. I'm watching it, not even if it's just to see Mr. Ari Gold. :YES:

Thought the last episode of True Blood was pretty good.

I'm glad that Amy (Jason's girlfriend) is dead, did my head in whenever they went into that dreamstate and bouncing around fields etc. Just went on far too long and became boring.

And how annoying is that new vampire girl that's constantly whinging?! :CURSE:

Story seems to be picking up a lot more now :)

Did anyone watch Lead Balloon? Watched it last night and thought it was brilliant :D

Scrubs is superb, is there any news on when season 8 is out? All I know is that NBC took it over as ABC were going to cancel it. Maybe
they're waiting for Elizabeth Banks to finish making all these films so she can carry on as Kim ;)
This always make me laugh:
YouTube - Scrubs- Ted the lawyer's band

Someone mentioned Smallville a page back. I only started watching it from a couple of seasons ago but became hooked, so might pick up the first seasons in the Jan sales. I'm liking that in the current series you can see it linking to the films, except he still hasn't sussed out flying yet...
One more thing: Erica Durance & Laura Vandevoort (Lois & Kara) = hubba hubba! :LOVE:

Is this weird? I prefer to 'store' a whole season and watch several episodes a night over 2-3 weeks. It might be sad, but it's the best way to watch the big shows. I think my best was starting Day 2 of 24 on a Friday and finishing it on the Sunday!
Programs like Scrubs & LA / Miami Ink I put on my iPod and watch them on the train as they don't really need as much attention as shows like Lost or 24.

I hope I'm not the only one - does anyone else do this?

I've not "stored" TV shows out of choice. But I do like watching old series' and watching a good few episodes in a row.

A few months back I think I watched something like 6+ episodes of 24 on my day off work :LOL:

I'm like Jamesy. I've seen hundreads of seasons but for me it's easier (and I prefer) to watch a season during one week, especially with shows I never watched before.

The only show I'm storing on purpose is The Shield season7 and the week of the series finale I'll watch every episodes (in fact from today to next wednesday :D ). I can't watch it one by one.

It's the same with Smallville, but only because I never finished the last season :D.

True blood - 111

A bit boring. Can't be great all weeks.

Last edited:
Ah, and I totally forgot about Entourage, I really feel like starting to watch the fifth season but the truth is that I barely remember what happened at the end of the fourth. Erm, fuck it. I'm watching it, not even if it's just to see Mr. Ari Gold. :YES:

S5 of Entourage has been pretty good on a whole so far, they have been a couple of filler epsiodes but thankfully the rest have been good. The current storyline right now looks like its building onto a permenant one for next season.

I watched S1 and 2 of Alias back to back in less than 3 days in September.

Last edited:
With shows like BSG and Firefly, I went through about 2 episodes a night. Same for In Treatment at the moment.

About Entourage - even if they are fillers, its just such an entertaining show to watch!

How I met Your Mother was great this week too, loads of funny moments.

Bloody hell, I hadn't laughed so much for quite a while. This new episode of How I Met Your Mother was fantastic, definitely the best of the new season. Barney is fucking awesome. :YES:

Oh, and I'm really enjoying Entourage, I'm only a couple of episodes into this season but it's really cool, Drama and Ari are brilliant.

I just watched the new ER and think that this was probably the best episode I have ever watched. Moving stuff.

i am stuck somewhere in the middle of season 13 (abby saving the people from the crashed bus, forest whitaker guest appearance etc.) - i've seen most of the episodes but in german so i wanted to get on the track again with the original sync - but they bore me :CRY: i need to get myself together and start watching again...

Back
Top Bottom