The Retro-PES Corner

@miguelfcp , remember our Sousa discussion a couple of days back ? Started him in the central striker role in league game seven and after three league games: six goals and two assists. He scored four in one game, shredding a tough Serie A side Liviorno 1 - 6 away. Marchand, the left-wing-forward got four assists and Sousa scored the first PES 6 (PS 2) one-on-one with the goalkeeper dribble goal I have seen from any player. Sublime and imperious. :BEER:

Big shout out to you pal......:TU:

Last edited:
@WhoAteMeDinner You say that like it's a bad thing :D The thing is it's meant to be amateur football so 5 seasons down the line a team with a few superstars in it wouldn't be very realistic. Remember that with Amador all the other teams are similar so even the ML defaults could compete :)

We had an idea to 'self police' with development on and once one of your players reached say 6 stats with at least 70 then he was 'sold' to a Professional team and you'd have to release him. Problem is of course that the AI won't do that! However it would be a good "Challenge" option to do that with development on.

@WhoAteMeDinner You say that like it's a bad thing :D The thing is it's meant to be amateur football so 5 seasons down the line a team with a few superstars in it wouldn't be very realistic. Remember that with Amador all the other teams are similar so even the ML defaults could compete :)

We had an idea to 'self police' with development on and once one of your players reached say 6 stats with at least 70 then he was 'sold' to a Professional team and you'd have to release him. Problem is of course that the AI won't do that! However it would be a good "Challenge" option to do that with development on.

@mattmid , ahhh ok mate, that makes more sense. A fair contest. There will be plenty of tip-tap pass moves in the box I would say with four yard shots to score I imagine. :DD:DD:DD

Never been so in difficulty, but hell this is why I'm loving this game, I didn't want an easy journey to the glory, it's so satisfying to win a match.
I've beaten West London White 2-1 but unfortunately it was the League Cup. In W4 I lost 3-0 to PES United. I guess it's going to take more than three seasons to reach the glory with the WEFA Championship

PES 6 (Playstation 2) Default and Youth Players Challenge Season Seven Final Update

Funny how PES often is a reflection of real football. UC Sampdoria so often the Serie A bridesmaids to the big boys of the two Milans and Juventus Testosterone TUE :NONO:.

We had a great season: 5 Wins / 5 Draws / 4 Losses.

The league's top scorers and assists tables finished with Sousa as top scorer and another of our youth player list wonder signings Marchand as top assist player. Sousa scored an astounding eight goals in just five starts as the centre-forward and he is a lone striker as I always play wing forwards on each flank up front.

Now to the crunch issue, twenty points enough to sneak into the second promotion place in Division Two, often it can be ? Nope, sadly, three more points were needed and in the last three league games Sousa was not fit and my other strikers: Sahafi and Carter are hit and mainly miss. We lost one, drew one and won one.

But not a pyrrhic victory by any means. We are going up next season. I can smell the fear in our opponents dressing rooms from here.

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

@WhoAteMeDinner: About Sousa, I'm still very impressed that you managed to turn him into such a terrific goalscorer, but it does show how important mental stats are for players in retro-PES. One of these days I'll start a ML with a team filled with players that have good/great mental stats (Teamwork and Mentality) but have overall mediocre/bad statsheets even, and see how far can I take such a team.

@mattmid , took your advice and his stamina has increased a good bit during the end of season friendlies and offseason.

Season Nine has just begun and UC Sampdoria has just turned around a two goal deficit in league game three and beaten Caopolo 3 - 4 away from home. A very good team and they have the best forward line in the league. Sousa yet again made players like Obinna and Guito look small, he scored two and assisted a third. Four already this season for the Portuguese maestro, move over CR7.....

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

@WhoAteMeDinner Well, whoever it is, don't blame Mourinho because it would certainly never be his fault. Blame the players, the opposition, the ref, the assistant referees, the interviewer, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, the FA or failing that the clocks going back. Or perhaps you could publicly slag off Luke Shaw several times and then claim the glory and act like you're his best friend when he rediscovers the form he had before you took over?

Hello community...
I did the EXACT same thing with the NHL series two years ago. NHL17 was the last NHL video game I bought after having bought either an NHL series or 2K series hockey game every year since 1993. I, on the other hand, didn't go back to try other modes because I only play offline seasons, but I did go back to 2K to recapture what having fun playing NHL was like. I also now only play older NFL and MLB games. To me, PES is still the only series that continues being good in football while FIFA is only good with tons of mods and community fixes. Out of the box, it has the depth of a mobile game, so I don't count FIFA as a game that is "good" anymore. That being said, I rarely have more fun than when I'm playing a patched version of PES6.
Anyway, I totally understand and empathise with your post and glad you wrote it. Forums and gaming communities in general are going to have to change because there is a massive divide right now between those in forums to talk about points and cards and powerups and those of us talking about just getting back something sports games used to give us 10-15 years ago.

ML Amador: Season 1 as South East.

Well, we've reached the halfway point in the season and despite being knocked out of the cup on away goals by Beiras after a 1-1 at home and 0-0 away we sit in third place thanks to a gritty 2-0 away win to leaders Andorra La Vella in the last game, a game that Andorra had every chance to win but couldn't take their chances. It's a very tight league that is separated by just 6pts from top to bottom.

table.png

CM Nathan Chapman leads the scorers with 2, one behind the League's leading scorer, Urbano Torres of Andorra. Meanwhile AM Leigh Bryan is amongst the assist leaders on 2.

Top rated is Kirk "Dick" Whittington on 6.3 who I'm hoping won't be attracting interest from Greater London.

Results so far

SE 0-2 Down
Zeeland 0-1 SE
SE 0-1 South West
SE 0-0 Leinster
Beiras 0-1 SE
SE 0-0 Zuid-Holland
SE 2-0 Andorra

:OT: Incoming rant, be warned anyone not familiar with my PES puritan and old school football views and some might say left leaning principles, @mattmid , @miguelfcp and @rockstrongo know them well. (*Anything underlined is the work of the devil).

Tonight's UEFA Champions League game between Man Utd and Juventus FC could just as easily have been a Google XI against and Apple XI, in a competition organised by Microsoft. Football is now such a swamp of corporate greed and gluttony that simply playing in these corporate competitions is enough to line the pockets of the owners and shareholders of these businesses. And nobody really gives a toss who wins as all the clubs make money from the show.

Soon these corporate entities will be off to pasture's new like US Sports franchises which regularly abandon one city in favour of a sweeter financial feast in another part of the country. Man Utd would fit well in China I imagine.

:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

@WhoAteMeDinner I'm sure The Premier League Will become PL East in the future when it expands with MLS.
Completely agree on your views regarding product nr1 Vs product nr2.
Imagine growing up supporting let's say United,not as a TV supporter in the Midwest of Usa,but as a local lad,and seeing what's been done to a great club,sad!
Not trying to offend anyone,but for me The PL is complete rubbish,overpaid players,soft grounds with middle-class corporate people (of course there's others there to) trying to experience an atmosphere instead of creating it.

On the CL note,my game for the evening were AEK Aten vs Bayern.
Noisy,shitload of flares and smoke,hostile as it should be

Tbh I rather watch the EL than CL, especially with the odd eastern European teams playing in a grey stadium filled with locals instead of tourists than a shiny Bernabeu/Old Trafford/Juventus Stadium(or whatever it's called nowadays due to sponsorship)

Hats off for the lads who got tired of The glazer family and started their own team in manchester

@rockstrongo , totally agree that grounds in the likes of Italy, Greece and some more modest clubs in eastern europe still have atmosphere and true fans. That is why real football grounds have moats and athletic tracks, so the fans can have a party in the stands, throw a few flares, smoke bombs and bangers and the track between the fans and the pitch provide a perfect safe area to chuck all these things onto, and the players don't get in harms way.

Wonder how many football club owners refer to their teams as "franchises" these days ? :R1:R1:R1

@rockstrongo , totally agree that grounds in the likes of Italy, Greece and some more modest clubs in eastern europe still have atmosphere and true fans. That is why real football grounds have moats and athletic tracks, so the fans can have a party in the stands, throw a few flares, smoke bombs and bangers and the track between the fans and the pitch provide a perfect safe area to chuck all these things onto, and the players don't get in harms way.

Wonder how many football club owners refer to their teams as "franchises" these days ? :R1:R1:R1
Guess there's way to many owners who think their clubs are franchises,part of their investment portfolio etc.
Love the smell of beer Pyro and herbs on the stands.
Nowadays it's more common with the "scent" of white wine and sushi rolling in from the executive area.
Sad shit mate
#amf

Back
Top Bottom