The Retro-PES Corner

@miguelfcp , ahhh I think you would have stuck it out too mate. For me PES 6 was a whole new ML experience and totally new gameplay challenge, so a bit like you trying to master PES 2 all over again perhaps. There is great fun in getting beaten as much as winning as you have often pointed out here.

Have now really got to address some massive holes in the UC Sampdoria squad. Urbs Reggina who we ironically beat in the Div 2 Cup final finished TWELVE points clear of us in Division 2 and hammered us in both league games.

Currently in the off-season window and browsing the neo-seeker youth player list while playing as I need serious talent additions in the right side and midfield playmaker areas. Sousa can't win every game on his own with a forty yard maze-like dribble around the pitch.

PES Youth Players / Newcomers Question: Anyone know a player called Rogoilo ? A Brazilian SS striker who was in the list as a seventeen-year-old newcomer ?

@geeeeee Sounds like there were some great games there. I know what you mean about going off on tangents with other things :) I've been working on an alternative gameplay OF for Amador, going back to something I did with my Norwegian leagues along with the new amendments I'd made when doing the Amador file. Alongside that I've been working on doing the National League using the same calculations/formula. What I'm thinking of doing is to do the NL, Lge 1 and 2 to make 72 teams and then set up a ML whereby D2 consists of the bottom 8 in the National League then for D1 I'll go across in the style of Lge 1 1st,2nd,3rd,4th will go into A,B,C,D and so on down the leagues so that each D1 has six teams from Lge 1, six teams from Lge 2 and then four each from the National Lge.

That sounds like a good idea. There is something satisfying when creating players and teams and using them and watching them play out on the pitch. The problem for me is all these things take time and it can be ongoing. Then you don’t get much time to even play it. Being honest i havent even had a chance to download the full Amador yet, i played the demo and thought it was excellent but because i have my own editing to do and games to play i didnt want to get side tracked.

Keep it up though matt, i think it is great that we are able to share what we are doing regardless of what PES and what project. :)

Guys, have you tried PES 2018 mobile?

I know, it sounds crazy, I am old fashioned fan of PES 4,5,6 and WE 9 LE but this PES 2018 mobile really got me recently. It is full of MyPlayer shit that I hate but you can play vs. COM and these matches are suprisingly very good, very smooth and feel realistic. Any of you have the same feeling?

I would pay for full version with master league and all other single player stuff :)

I havent played this but after reading your post i was tempted. What tournaments can you play vs CPU?

Late Evening Update:

Division 2 Cup Final Result: UC Sampdoria 4 - 1 URBS Reggina

Our first trophy in ten seasons and the toughest one to win. :shiver::shiver::shiver::DRUNK:

Well done DinnerWhoAteYer :P it must have been so satisfying after all that perseverance :APPLAUD:

@geeeeee , thanks mate and all the sweeter as we lost three previous Divison 2 Cup Finals and won it at last with a CMF converted into a striker and bugger all AMF or playmakers in the squad of any use or quality.

We totally thrashed the opposition as well....:DD:DD:DD

@geeeeee , all the sweeter as we lost three previous Divison 2 Cup Final and won it at last with a CMF converted into a striker and bugger all AMF or playmakers in the squad of any use or quality.

We totally thrashed the opposition as well....:DD:DD:DD

That’s excellent, no better feeling than taking your time and getting through all the low points to finally win something. It feels satisfying when you do that. What are your goals for the team now?

That’s excellent, no better feeling than taking your time and getting through all the low points to finally win something. It feels satisfying when you do that. What are your goals for the team now?

Well the main goal now for UC Sampdoria has to be promotion to Division One. The first four league games of the new season has seen our defense come of age. Four clean sheets, but our attacking options remain a big problem. Sousa, the converted CMF to forward is injured for a month and we only scored three goals so far and drew two of the games.

PES is never meant to be easy after all.....:shiver::shiver::shiver:

PES 6 ML Striker Crisis

Help needed, any really good newcomer / youth player strikers in the PES 6 player database ?
My main man: Sousa is injured for month and he scores sixty per cent of our goals each season.
And none of the so-called strikers in the squad can hit a barn door with a beach ball.

:CURSE::CURSE::CURSE:

Have you tried Park? He's not great but he might do a job, he appeared around season 6/7 for me so not sure if he'd have been signed by someone now though. Hamsun still around?

Have you tried Park? He's not great but he might do a job, he appeared around season 6/7 for me so not sure if he'd have been signed by someone now though. Hamsun still around?

Nope, Hamsun, Ordaz, and Ostwaut all failed to progress and develop into strikers that could score more than three or four goals a season. Carter and Sahafi are the two youth list forwards I signed. And their stats are now at a level that suggest they should be capable of leading the scoring lists each season. But nothing from them.

Sousa being injured I am almost certain has screwed our chances of promotion. I can see another four or five 0 - 0 draws coming up without him. He won't be fully fit right away in three weeks either, as players take a while to regain sharpness, very PES realism as always.

:(:(:(

@WhoAteMeDinner: I think I remember Sahafi, don't give up on him just yet. I also signed the Park guy @mattmid mentioned and he was absolutely horrible for a good 3/4 seasons after bringing him in, was close to giving up on him but suddenly, he just starts scoring like a maniac. Mind you, his statsheet stayed pretty much the same after all those years, evolving at a very slow pace, and I didn't change playing styles/tactics at all. There's absolutely no logical explanation to why he began scoring all of a sudden, he just...did.

I'm currently taking another break from PES3. Sometimes playing too much one game can detract the fun from it.
I'm playing PES2009 on the PSP, and i think i like it better than PES2008 or PES2010-2014. Feels like a mix of both eras, slower than PES2008, more fouls and 1-touch errors than PES2010-2014. No slowdowns lag when the box is crowded by a lot of players, is also a plus. Besides, the master league is old school style with Leagues A,B,C,D but with 20 teams in each one and 12 teams in Div 2.

So, i started a Master League on it with the defaults, playing the "Pep Challenge". Basically, i will have to play with Barcelona 2011 tactics from @Chenghis.Khan with the defaults. I used Shakhtar as my team, because well, i like their kit. League A is PL, League B is Serie A, League C is Liga and League D is a mix of Ligue 1/Eredivisie/Other teams. In Div2, there are also some french teams like Lorient/Lille/Grenoble, dutch teams like Vitesse/Heracles or even other teams like River Plate.

1540891761-img-5042-1.jpg

1540891771-img-5043.jpg

I must stick with the tactic no matter what and build slowly a team more adapted to this kind of strategy than the defaults. I forgot how utter shit the defaults are after PES3. Ivarov, Valeny, Libermann and co struggle so much with the high line, Castolo can't hit the target and Minanda is too lazy to pressure and easily tired. The best one yet is surely Gutierrez, i made him my captain. Other notable players so far are maybe Stein/Dodo/Ordaz/Fouque/Hamsun/El Moubarki. The defaults in general struggle so much with the high pressure tactics, i must rotate a lot and most of the time players finish the game with entirely depleted stamina bar.

9 games in, 6 defeats, 1 draw, 2 wins, currently 10th in the league. I just lost the first leg of div 2 cup, with a 1-3 defeat at home. Winter transfer market can't come soon enough.

@WhoAteMeDinner Big Sam said you should try Kevin Davies :DD Go on, give Hamsun a try, he was a battering ram for me, the other teams couldn't get him off the ball.

@mattmid, I understand your idea mate. But in PES 6, as you know well. All stats, abilities and physical sizes seem to need to be supercharged in order to have real impact on the pitch. So for example when I discovered the dribble control of players only improves in any substantial way when the dribble stats go above 90. Then think what size a player needs to be to have a game-changing contribution: Adebayo Akinfenwa aka "The Beast", comes to mind. Hamsun I stuck with for four or five seasons, and he just did not do very much.

I'm currently taking another break from PES3. Sometimes playing too much one game can detract the fun from it.
I'm playing PES2009 on the PSP, and i think i like it better than PES2008 or PES2010-2014. Feels like a mix of both eras, slower than PES2008, more fouls and 1-touch errors than PES2010-2014. No slowdowns lag when the box is crowded by a lot of players, is also a plus. Besides, the master league is old school style with Leagues A,B,C,D but with 20 teams in each one and 12 teams in Div 2.

So, i started a Master League on it with the defaults, playing the "Pep Challenge". Basically, i will have to play with Barcelona 2011 tactics from @Chenghis.Khan with the defaults. I used Shakhtar as my team, because well, i like their kit. League A is PL, League B is Serie A, League C is Liga and League D is a mix of Ligue 1/Eredivisie/Other teams. In Div2, there are also some french teams like Lorient/Lille/Grenoble, dutch teams like Vitesse/Heracles or even other teams like River Plate.

1540891761-img-5042-1.jpg

1540891771-img-5043.jpg

I must stick with the tactic no matter what and build slowly a team more adapted to this kind of strategy than the defaults. I forgot how utter shit the defaults are after PES3. Ivarov, Valeny, Libermann and co struggle so much with the high line, Castolo can't hit the target and Minanda is too lazy to pressure and easily tired. The best one yet is surely Gutierrez, i made him my captain. Other notable players so far are maybe Stein/Dodo/Ordaz/Fouque/Hamsun/El Moubarki. The defaults in general struggle so much with the high pressure tactics, i must rotate a lot and most of the time players finish the game with entirely depleted stamina bar.

9 games in, 6 defeats, 1 draw, 2 wins, currently 10th in the league. I just lost the first leg of div 2 cup, with a 1-3 defeat at home. Winter transfer market can't come soon enough.

@fmicablues7 , me too. I really enjoy PES 3 all the more with playing the PES 6 ML save at the same time.

@Chenghis.Khan , another classic username on evo forums. Sounds a bit like a terrifying football club owner who boils his players alive if they lose a game.

How would you like that Paul Pogba.....:NONO::NONO::NONO:

@WhoAteMeDinner: I think I remember Sahafi, don't give up on him just yet. I also signed the Park guy @mattmid mentioned and he was absolutely horrible for a good 3/4 seasons after bringing him in, was close to giving up on him but suddenly, he just starts scoring like a maniac. Mind you, his statsheet stayed pretty much the same after all those years, evolving at a very slow pace, and I didn't change playing styles/tactics at all. There's absolutely no logical explanation to why he began scoring all of a sudden, he just...did.

@miguelfcp , I think that might be down to you. Getting to understand what even a low stat player can do in a game can take ages and is worth every effort to make them game winners, not easy in any way. Nice one.
:BEER:

As for Sahafi, agreed, he sometimes has a remarkable performance evey half a season roughly and strangely enough forced a winning goal yesterday in a league game we looked certain to lose.

UC Sampdoria are now second in Division 2 after nine games. :PRAY::PRAY::PRAY:

@fmicablues7: It's been a long while since I played PES09 on PSP, but I remember 08 with a classic OF was great fun - if it wasn't for the "lag" you spoke of that affects corner/free kicks mostly (and when there are lots of players in the box). I tend to gravitate to more recent PSP PES because they have all the stadiums, while in 09 you have to play in Blautraum Stadium for the rest of your life...

Recently I've tried a new thing (for me at least): set up the PPSSPP emulator (PSP emulator) on the PC, connect the PC to the tele through HDMI, and then fire a PSP game. Holy sh*t what I've been missing! You can play the games with much better image quality, and mostly, you can play it on a big screen and with a proper controller - I'm using a PS3 one -, escaping the horrendous "analog stick" of the PSP. Playing long sessions on the PSP usually makes my hands go numb, it's so uncomfortable.

Tried a few PES11 matches - hadn't played any PSP PES in a very long while - and absolutely loved it. I never played 11 on the PS2, only played up until 09, but I'm more and more convinced that the PSP games play different than the PS2 versions. Mostly, I have noticed a very demanding attacking CPU (it's so hard to contain good dribblers), and are much more aggressive defensively as well, particularly when transitioning from attack to defense and when creating pressure zones. This makes you have much less time on the ball. Furthermore, I'm enjoying the ball physics but I suspect it's actually the fact that I'm playing it in HD and on a TV that makes it stand out.

If you guys have the possibility of setting up this system, I recommend trying it out to experience a PSP PES in its splendor. Years have gone by since I began playing a lot of it and these games are still on my top favourite football games of all time.

I havent played this but after reading your post i was tempted. What tournaments can you play vs CPU?

You can't play any tournaments, that's most shitty about that mobile game. All you can do is MyClub stuff, which is playing agains teams of other players controlled by game (or you can play real multiplayer). That really sucks, I would love to play master league or at least friendly matches and I would have no problem to pay 10-15 € for that game.

On the other side, It's enough for my toilet break in the work :-D

@WhoAteMeDinner An open bus tour on the cards, surely? Did you win the league or 2nd, not that it really matters anyway :)

@mattmid , a bus tour and a night on the town with the most beautiful women in Genoa for the UC Sampdoria players. We finished second but we beat Catania, the table toppers 1 - 2 away from home in the final league fixture and ended up just two points behind them with 26 points, a good haul for Division 2.

Sousa was capocannoniere yet again with nine goals, (his third Div 2 top scorer award). He was sublime and magical all the way in the run-in, scoring six goals in the last five games for goodness sake. Catania had: Guarin, Henry and Valeron in their team and Sousa made them all look ordinary.

@miguelfcp , I know that Portugal gave the Royals the old boot a century ago (Britain you could learn from that). But do great Portuguese citizens still get honours like knighthoods ?
Cavaleiro Sousa perhaps.....

:TU::TU::TU:

@WhoAteMeDinner: Yes we do
Ordem_do_Infante_D_Henrique_-_Laco.jpg

Ronaldo's got one of these already, so Sousa won't be the first footballer getting it.

Don't know if you'd want that...after the end of the monarchy our country dived in a deep political crisis that span for more than a decade, until Salazar began his rule as supreme leader with a fascist government...

@miguelfcp and @mattmid , two questions about playing an ML Division 1 first season in PES 6. Does the standard of COM teams improve alot ? (Have not seen much difference in standard between Division 1 relegated teams and Div 2 ever present teams in many Division 2 seasons).

And secondly, do ML points for league and cup wins and draws increase much as in PES 3 ? I need to know in order to gauge how much funds I can risk in salaries for players. The top youth players like Sousa, Sasaki and Barth in my squad demand close to 1000 salary points a season, well worth every penny.

The salary cost of the youth list and default new-gen and re-gen newcomers seems to be the best indicator of just how well the players develop and improve over the seasons. You only get donkeys for peanuts it would appear.

Your expert default save ML advice is always pure gold. :SAL:

did anyone notice any gameplay difference between pes4 and we8i?
Not sure about any difference, but FYI, I do have WE8I for the PS2 and while it plays a great game it does suffer from some slowdown in and around the penalty area, sometimes.

did anyone notice any gameplay difference between pes4 and we8i?

I always felt the we games were softer and looser with how they played, the ball always felt looser and the players softer.
I felt this with we8i and especially we8 asia

PES 6 (Playstation 2) ML Default Squad and Youth Player list save Update:

Have just begun season twelve of this challenge and the first season for UC Sampdoria in Division One. Sousa is right on it again, no problems with the Division One big boys. Class and genius has no price tag (Paul Pogba you could learn something). :NONO::NONO::NONO:

Sousa stands at a not exaxtly towering 1.74m, not sure what that is in old money but he is short compared to most of the other team members. He also has a rubbish jump stat, which you would think means he can't head the ball two yards right ? Nope, a hat-trick of headers in the first thirty five minutes against Udinese and that was that. Simple. :YES::YES::YES:

Back
Top Bottom