The Retro-PES Corner

@mattmid , did not make the promotion places in season nine. But the tenth season looks like it could be the one. Two wins and a draw from first four league games and now third in Division 2. Took your advice on using the adjust training menu for the first time and the likes of Sousa and Jaric developed the speed stat by a couple of points. It does accelerate the player development in the off season alot more.

@miguelfcp , your fellow Portuguese: Sousa scored nine goals last season, so his first season was no one-off. This central midfielder is a top striker now. He dribbles the ball to within ten yards of goal as his shooting stats are still very modest, amazing player, what game intelligence.
:TU::TU::TU:

Last edited:
@WhoAteMeDinner Lucky I didn't have any money on it :D I'll have to find what that smell was now then if it wasn't your promotion :D Yeah that can really help get a stat moving up nicely with the pre season training. Maybe cut out any doubt and just have Sousa dribble his way into the goal?

@WhoAteMeDinner hope your watching PSG v Napoli if watching any CL tonight.
Despicable club,but the noise is back at Parc De Princes.
Insane atmosphere,almost like it was in the 90s

Wonder why most vanilla football fans have no clue on french ultras and terrace culture,imo probably best in europe.

I´ve been currently trying out several editions since PEs 5. This week I´ve noticed the one that gives the most fun in PES 2017. There´s something about the ease of play in superstar. CPU actually has first touch, and that is a game changer. I can time my tackles. Players are more responsive, without being overpowered stats wise. There´s a good balance.
This morning I went back to 2018, and it was ping pong all over the place, no CPU dribling at all, and the thing that strikes me the most... CPU players will pass the ball to the attacker no matter what. I was playing against V. Guimarães and their CM´s were constantly lobbing balls to their striker, even if he was totally outnumbered, sometimes with 3 players on him. Still, he always managed to receive the ball perfectly with his chest and score, inside the box, like he was totally alone on a sunday walk. No pressure at all.
At least in 2017 I can see the CPU having some trouble while trying this kind of stuff. I think I found my fix for the next couple months.

Rock it´s exactly what I´m experiencing. Though it´s not the most beautifull game on visuals, and the mechanics look a bit old at first, there´s something on the flow and logic of eatch match. If I cut the pass lane, CPU stops and looks for another way, so positioning is a form of defending. It´s a bit harder (at least for me) to drible past defenders, but so it is for the CPU, wich makes the game fair. Also, I get more fouls out of this one. Heck I´m even playing Superstar with manual pass and I´m currently first on spanish 2nd division.

Tried 2018 this morning thinking that I could get the same satisfaction on Superstar manual pass, and I couldn´t be more angry, frustrated and pissed on how the game played. So 2017 it is. Gonna play it for a few good seasons now, since I really never gave it that chance.

@xicpanad I had a few good games on Pes 18,then back to its normal crap.
I think Pes 17 is more subtle than most people think.
Dribbling is tough,I mix up dribbling with the odd double tap on speed button to either pass a player or draw freekicks.

Defending is beautiful in this game,I love defending,my back four is 82-85 ovr and solid as hell.
It's a great game,the only reason I have 8-9 seasons on it,plus 8-9 from a previous save is because it's a fun and good game.

I'm playing on -1 gamespeed,thinking about dropping it to a heavy -2.
20 Min and manual top player (should go SS though)
Glad you like it mate

Yep, playing 20 mins too, SS manual pass. It´s not as hard as 2018 on TP. Like I said, CPU needs to control the ball, there´s no such thing as tiki taka all the way. I actaully have time to position my players, unless CPU counter attacks with a fast play... I just feel it´s more natural than recent editions. Curious about the new 2019 update though, but my hopes are not that high.

Rock it´s exactly what I´m experiencing. Though it´s not the most beautifull game on visuals, and the mechanics look a bit old at first, there´s something on the flow and logic of eatch match. If I cut the pass lane, CPU stops and looks for another way, so positioning is a form of defending. It´s a bit harder (at least for me) to drible past defenders, but so it is for the CPU, wich makes the game fair. Also, I get more fouls out of this one. Heck I´m even playing Superstar with manual pass and I´m currently first on spanish 2nd division.

Tried 2018 this morning thinking that I could get the same satisfaction on Superstar manual pass, and I couldn´t be more angry, frustrated and pissed on how the game played. So 2017 it is. Gonna play it for a few good seasons now, since I really never gave it that chance.
I had posted about 17 last year before 2018 was retro!!! :P In superstar it gives me the best result a footie game can give with a human like CPU which is not blindtcheating. I’m between 17&18 all this time waiting for 19 to get “fixed”.
2018 is as you describe,unstable as hell.As @rockstrongo said months ago is like a “crazy girlfriend “.The one day you have perfect sex and feel delighted and the other day behaves in an unexplainable way that makes you wait until broke up.My theory is that besides superstar/legendary which are unplayable for ML ,the rest difficulty levels are pretty the same as the scripting negates any other effect and play the same.Im on TopPlayer here,the only reason I keep playing it,is the editing job I put into it and the unfinished mission I have to win something.After 10+ different saves and about 40 different seasons my only trophies are a PEU super cup and a Ligue2 1st place win.I started an edited pes league now with German+Greek+Turkish+Cyprus teams and I harassed Bayern two times 3-1,but for a PES2018 reason I cannot win for 4 consecutive matches AEK-PAO-PAOK-APOEL who all are at the bottom of the table!!
So as I said if you don’t play SS/legend don’t care too much about the difficulty,every other level is the same in a 2018ish way.

Yep, playing 20 mins too, SS manual pass. It´s not as hard as 2018 on TP. Like I said, CPU needs to control the ball, there´s no such thing as tiki taka all the way. I actaully have time to position my players, unless CPU counter attacks with a fast play... I just feel it´s more natural than recent editions. Curious about the new 2019 update though, but my hopes are not that high.
I think,only four games played,it's a good update,more patient playing,I think you'll like it.
But right now,I'm to bad at Pes 19 to enjoy it.
I thinks it's one of the hardest modern Pes for sure,and now the Cpu doesn't low cross cheat,but play you out of position with smart passing and mixing it up.
So I'm gonna stick with 17 for a while longer

I had posted about 17 last year before 2018 was retro!!! :P In superstar it gives me the best result a footie game can give with a human like CPU which is not blindtcheating. I’m between 17&18 all this time waiting for 19 to get “fixed”.
2018 is as you describe,unstable as hell.As @rockstrongo said months ago is like a “crazy girlfriend “.The one day you have perfect sex and feel delighted and the other day behaves in an unexplainable way that makes you wait until broke up.My theory is that besides superstar/legendary which are unplayable for ML ,the rest difficulty levels are pretty the same as the scripting negates any other effect and play the same.Im on TopPlayer here,the only reason I keep playing it,is the editing job I put into it and the unfinished mission I have to win something.After 10+ different saves and about 40 different seasons my only trophies are a PEU super cup and a Ligue2 1st place win.I started an edited pes league now with German+Greek+Turkish+Cyprus teams and I harassed Bayern two times 3-1,but for a PES2018 reason I cannot win for 4 consecutive matches AEK-PAO-PAOK-APOEL who all are at the bottom of the table!!
So as I said if you don’t play SS/legend don’t care too much about the difficulty,every other level is the same in a 2018ish way.
When 18 plays good,it's really good,dribbling,shooting etc
To bad (for me) it's a bit up and down.
Maybe after a season it'll calm down (like all Pes games first season awful)
Good post mate

I think,only four games played,it's a good update,more patient playing,I think you'll like it.
But right now,I'm to bad at Pes 19 to enjoy it.
I thinks it's one of the hardest modern Pes for sure,and now the Cpu doesn't low cross cheat,but play you out of position with smart passing and mixing it up.
So I'm gonna stick with 17 for a while longer

Funny that now that I settled with one of the versions, 2019 is updated and it seems to be looking good. Not enough to convince me yet, but maybe I´ll pick it when I find some good digital deal. I think I´ll stay with 2017 for now. At least I know for sure what it has to offer.

Funny that now that I settled with one of the versions, 2019 is updated and it seems to be looking good. Not enough to convince me yet, but maybe I´ll pick it when I find some good digital deal. I think I´ll stay with 2017 for now. At least I know for sure what it has to offer.
That's my strategy as well,I need to restart Pes 19,and my leagues are a Mish mash right now,to be able to have both Serie A and B,I've swapped PL and championship with Italian league and Pes league
Which means is really messy,when I start a new ML, I'd probably go for Ligue 1&2 since they're licenced,to bad there's no stadiums for it.
So I'm gonna keep playing Pes 17,and tomb raider/La Noire/mafia 2 until I feel the need to restart a fresh Pes 19 ML

@WhoAteMeDinner hope your watching PSG v Napoli if watching any CL tonight.
Despicable club,but the noise is back at Parc De Princes.
Insane atmosphere,almost like it was in the 90s

Wonder why most vanilla football fans have no clue on french ultras and terrace culture,imo probably best in europe.

Nah @rockstrongo , only one UEFA :NONO: competition that I have any remaining respect for is the Europa League. As my leftist views see it as a chance for the little guys in club football to win a trophy and also maybe because the awful Premier League clubs hate it for some odd reason.

Except of course the excellent and proper football man: Unai Emery. I am not a fan of any English club, (always rejecting in my youth a stupid demand in Ireland that everyone supported Man Utd, Liverpool or Celtic, what nonsense).

Mr. Emery is a perfect successor to Mr. Wenger who's teams played football of the gods.

@WhoAteMeDinner Lucky I didn't have any money on it :D I'll have to find what that smell was now then if it wasn't your promotion :D Yeah that can really help get a stat moving up nicely with the pre season training. Maybe cut out any doubt and just have Sousa dribble his way into the goal?

@mattmid , Big Sam's pungent aftershave perhaps. It keeps the flies out of the dressing room as well.

:SICK::SICK::SICK:

@WhoAteMeDinner Talking of the European football, UEFA showing yet again they could care less about the fans with the ridiculous early kick offs. How are people supposed to get to a game at 5:55 after work on a week night? Not that they care, it doesn't effect their gravy train.

@mattmid , all about the television rights and spreading fixtures out across about six months for the group stage that is often decided after the first three or four fixtures of six in each group, as only Spanish and some German clubs seem to really want to win it, and Arsenal under Emery of course, who won it three times with Sevilla.

The whole thing of drop-outs from the Champions League entering the Europa league knock-out stage does undermine the standing of the competition alot however.

The whole thing of drop-outs from the Champions League entering the Europa league knock-out stage does undermine the standing of the competition alot however.

That is one of the most ridiculous things they have ever introduced and that's saying a lot. Apparently if they get knocked out of the Europa League they go into the Checkatrade Trophy now (and don't get me started on that competition either with the premier u23 clubs in it!)

Nah @rockstrongo , only one UEFA :NONO: competition that I have any remaining respect for is the Europa League. As my leftist views see it as a chance for the little guys in club football to win a trophy and also maybe because the awful Premier League clubs hate it for some odd reason.

Except of course the excellent and proper football man: Unai Emery. I am not a fan of any English club, (always rejecting in my youth a stupid demand in Ireland that everyone supported Man Utd, Liverpool or Celtic, what nonsense).

Mr. Emery is a perfect successor to Mr. Wenger who's teams played football of the gods.
I think Uefa must bring back the only European cup worth mentioning,The Uefa Intertoto cup.
Proper tournament,no glory hunters d the stand,just the lads who traveled 15 hours in a bus.
Had a few good trips myself

I think Uefa must bring back the only European cup worth mentioning,The Uefa Intertoto cup.
Proper tournament,no glory hunters d the stand,just the lads who traveled 15 hours in a bus.
Had a few good trips myself

The only problem was they started it in about late June, although I accept that's not a problem for you as your season is well underway then.

Although of course on the flip side I always think it must be very hard for any Scandinavian teams who reach the later stages because they restart in your pre season.

The only problem was they started it in about late June, although I accept that's not a problem for you as your season is well underway then.

Although of course on the flip side I always think it must be very hard for any Scandinavian teams who reach the later stages because they restart in your pre season.
It's strange,our season ends in November and starts in march again
I think the only reason why Östersund didn't kick out arsenal in the EL last year was because of that.
First game Vs arsenal came after a long break 2nd game at the Emirates was a whole different story..

My brother and me played some excellent games in our LEWS CUP 2017-? on PES2008 PS2
Here were the results...i am ‘g’ he is ‘a’, amount of shots in brackets.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/35xiuwo63umm6iw/2018-10-26 05.16.31.000.jpg

Hopefully the link works :P

What is so great is that we are both locked together in wins. After 97 games i have won 49 and he has won 48.

Last edited:
@geeeeee Great stuff :) What an extra time that Utrecht v Napoli game must have been!! :SHOCK:

Yes it was. The funny thing is my brother got a player sent off when we went 3-2 up and he didnt really mean it kind of. It was a rush of blood and he hit the slide tackle button. As soon as he pressed it he said “why did i do that!!!??”

The best game was Hull 3 Ipswich 2 (me). Ipswich getting a goal either side of half time but then started to tire. They say that 2-0 is a cagey scoreline and once he got a goal back Hull pummelled the goal. Our players were shattered but held on until the 88 min when Evandro span and turned on the edge of the box from a corner and smashed home the equaliser. Then extra time they scored but then we had a couple of chances in extra time, Hews with the best in injury time set up for a 20yrd screamer that the keeper palmed out.

I might start recording the matches once we get into the last 32. Some will get a bye into the next round as the numbers won’t work out otherwise.

Also Amador guys, sorry i will convert your option file for ps2. Being honest i got into FIFA aargh! Then got sick eargh! On top of that my old chunky gaming laptop does not work with wifi anymore so i have to bring it downstairs to plug straight into the cable. So it is a bit cumbersome to download the file. I will do it though ;)

@geeeeee Sounds like there were some great games there. I know what you mean about going off on tangents with other things :) I've been working on an alternative gameplay OF for Amador, going back to something I did with my Norwegian leagues along with the new amendments I'd made when doing the Amador file. Alongside that I've been working on doing the National League using the same calculations/formula. What I'm thinking of doing is to do the NL, Lge 1 and 2 to make 72 teams and then set up a ML whereby D2 consists of the bottom 8 in the National League then for D1 I'll go across in the style of Lge 1 1st,2nd,3rd,4th will go into A,B,C,D and so on down the leagues so that each D1 has six teams from Lge 1, six teams from Lge 2 and then four each from the National Lge.

Guys, have you tried PES 2018 mobile?

I know, it sounds crazy, I am old fashioned fan of PES 4,5,6 and WE 9 LE but this PES 2018 mobile really got me recently. It is full of MyPlayer shit that I hate but you can play vs. COM and these matches are suprisingly very good, very smooth and feel realistic. Any of you have the same feeling?

I would pay for full version with master league and all other single player stuff :)

Guys, have you tried PES 2018 mobile?

I know, it sounds crazy, I am old fashioned fan of PES 4,5,6 and WE 9 LE but this PES 2018 mobile really got me recently. It is full of MyPlayer shit that I hate but you can play vs. COM and these matches are suprisingly very good, very smooth and feel realistic. Any of you have the same feeling?

I would pay for full version with master league and all other single player stuff :)

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

PES 6 (Playstation 2) Default Originals and Youth Player List Challenge Season Ten Update:

Mostly lows and some highs to end the season, a terrible run-in of league games in which UC Sampdoria only managed two draws and two losses in last four games and finished fifth place again some seven points adrift of a promotion place, and in Division Two, that is a country mile.

Sousa scored eleven league goals, an all-time high and was top scorer in Division Two for second time in three seasons. That makes eight, nine and eleven goals in last three seasons from the Portuguese maestro of all positions. Sort of like CR7 without the bird trouble.......:BLUSH::BLUSH::BLUSH:

Back
Top Bottom