The Retro-PES Corner

Into a new season of ML with sevilla this time, starting the first 7 matches in the season i managed to get to 5th spot 5 points behind a weird leader in malaga!!!! Yes malaga, realism down the toilet xd.
However on this day the 8th matchday of the season has me host real madrid currently second jn the standings.
I managed to make an early two nil lead thanks to some great goals from negredo especially that back header into the post and in, out of nowhere kaka gave me a headache with that rocket to make it 2 -1
Then a mistake of mispassing from me saw cristiano ronaldo get into his paces and no chance for me against this beast 2-2.
Not until a great effort from negredo saw his shot into the post and while a marcelo was trying to clear the ball i had bolted the pressure on him and made him strike the ball into negredo s legs and in, 3-2 for a great win at the sanchez pizjuan

A couple of gifs from my ML tester.

First one a fantastic save by Montpellier’s GK from Lamela’s deflected shot off of Llorente that was going wide until the spinning ball hit a puddle and went towards goal.

giphy.gif

Second one...
Someone posted a ‘new’ animation in the PES2019 thread of a player heading the ball on as he controlled it and then dribbled with it. Hmm...

giphy.gif

Also, i saw a new injury in PES2008!
Sturridge (who gets injured every other game) went down as players normally do and he was rolling around as play went on around him. But when the ball went out of play the scene showed him holding his ankle from a standing position. Never seen that before.

I love (or hate) the fact that Sturridge keeps getting injured. He hasnt had a long term injury yet though.

@Lobbedball Nice stuff! Loved the header on the second post. So natural!

By the way, in that or or two years Malaga had a rich owner or something and they did a quite good transfer market before economically collapse time later.. but I agree that maybe first spot is a bit too much tho :LOL:.

@mattmid wonderful one. I forgot there was backheel shoot in Pes 6. That the cpu scored a goal like that one is truly outstanding!

@geeeeee amazing gifs as usual. Look at that save.. a shoot, a completely casual deviation and then that fantastic low save of the keeper.. in a few frames, the essence of what Pes used to be..

Would love to see that injury bit, anyway. You didn't saved it don't you :D?

@miguelfcp Man your love for particular players is something else! Seeing how hard it is to acquire new guys in that particular challenge, I thought that given the opportunity you would have picked players in two different roles. Instead, I guess that chance was too juicy to miss. That Delios guy seems like quite a gamble to make! But I'm sure he'll pay. I can already see Stein take him aside during training sessions and give him some precious advices on how small guys should deal with 190 cm forward behemoths :D ..

@Madmac79 no unfortunately is was one of those cut scenes. I just looked on in shock thinking “hmm...i should be recording this” :P
Normally it’s the hamstring but he was literally bending down holding his ankle.

I also got Llorente injured as well about 10 mins later.

I had a funny moment, in a cup match i rested my players. So Winks and Onomah were playing. I was one nil up through Llorente who is a beast by the way. Then i was playing some fantastic one two’s with Winks and Onomah and then Winks dummied the defender. As i dummied the defender i pulled the PS2 out the tv cabinet and the power cord came out. :LOL:

@Madmac79: It's a gamble indeed...before confirming the deal I went through my squad and saw that Zamenhof and Ceciu, both 40 years-old now, won't last much longer. My bet is, they'll retire on the end of the following season so I'll get to bring in two more newgens then, and I'll be able to focus on bringing in the wingback to replace Ruskin I've been looking for for ages.

The Not Goal of the week Goal, (but as a Playstation 2 player, can't show it):

Description: The usual PES 3 ML league game, Arellano takes an in-swinging corner with more whip than a Dominatrix with attitude. :SHOCK: COM team manages to clear it as far as Dario Silva (bad idea), who is about sixteen yards form goal just beyond the far post.

Scissor kick volley top corner, as nonchalant as a two yard tap in. What a player. :BEER:

The Pes AI puts in a contender for goal of the week with a quick thinking finish by Llallana against me (Dundalk)

#1 Lallana PES6 (AI goal)

Not keen on all your defenders standing in a straight line like a bus queue, @mattmid . :NONO:
Can I loan you the full Big Sam coaching panel for a week ? You pay the wages mind.
There are about ten of them.

Fantastic goal @mattmid

I can see where my vote is going already.

I just wish I'd done it :) Actually I'm more than happy it was the AI. :)

@Madmac79: It's a gamble indeed...before confirming the deal I went through my squad and saw that Zamenhof and Ceciu, both 40 years-old now, won't last much longer. My bet is, they'll retire on the end of the following season so I'll get to bring in two more newgens then, and I'll be able to focus on bringing in the wingback to replace Ruskin I've been looking for for ages.

Unfortunately Zamenhof is as fresh as a daisy and has many years left I'm sure :CONFUSE:

Not keen on all your defenders standing in a straight line like a bus queue, @mattmid . :NONO:
Can I loan you the full Big Sam coaching panel for a week ? You pay the wages mind.
There are about ten of them.

:) They were about to launch into a full on Riverdance when Lallana spoiled the party. :LOL:

Big Sam would want about a million quid for that I expect. Apparently he was on talksport the other day complaining about the amount of money taken out of the game. Quite a bit of it's in his bank to be fair!

Back on pes 3 on the ps2 I had created kits manually using the in game editor for every team in the game. Not the real kits, but ones I dreamed up. Soooooo much time invested but the reward was amazing.Of course there's not a trace of evidence of all that hard work now .That was long before I had kids and had time to do that kind of thing.

Slightly off topic but as it brings a similar story with the way modern football is going in the way that PES has gone compared to the retro games... the beginning of the end? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45209407 As usual, stuff the fans, you don't get to go to this one matey, this is about us making more money, we don't care or understand what it means to go and watch your team. :R1

Some more highlights of my ML tester...

Spurs really struggling at the moment. I wish i didnt sell Kane, Erikson, and Trippier. Llorente is playing well now though even though he lacks pace his hold up play is brilliant.

@mattmid: On one hand I'd love for Zamenhof to retire as he's dead weight since season one, but on the other...it's Zamenhof, the living legend. It won't be the same without him - though we kind of are without him already, as he doesn't even show up to training.

As for your off-topic, and "tying" it up with a retro-PES experience, the path of absolute money-worship that football is following makes me like my ML save more and more. At least I can play and enjoy a "brand" of football which includes no player agents, no scandalous transfer fees, no carousels of transfers in and out every season, and players become part of the club until they retire, spending decades with the team.

@WhoAteMeDinner silly question, i’m guessing you have your mobile phone? If so, you can film your goals and upload them. I can kind of tell you how but it’s a lot foofery and faffery. Would be good to see some of your goals ;)

Thanks @geeeeee , I don't think I would manage to understand even the simplest explanation of phone / pc upload faffery. Took me days to get the damn IPOD nano software to work.
I like seeing other forum peeps cool goals anyway and will keep you up to date on the exploits of Dario Silva.

Kinda of a 1970s analogue person in a digital age. :shiver::shiver::shiver:

Slightly off topic but as it brings a similar story with the way modern football is going in the way that PES has gone compared to the retro games... the beginning of the end? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45209407 As usual, stuff the fans, you don't get to go to this one matey, this is about us making more money, we don't care or understand what it means to go and watch your team. :R1

Football is now pure greed and corporate marketing pretending to be a sport.

FIFA, UEFA, EPL, La Liga. :SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

.. and I tought games in the middle of the week were already bad enough.. lol.

If americans truly like football, they should try to make their own championship something more than the sad ballad of ex-stars in search for the last millions of their career. They certainly wouldn't lack the means to do so.

This whole idea of hosting official league games of other countries is squalid to say the least. And I think we'll gonna see much worst stuff in the next years..
God, this sport need so much to retain a genuine dimension of some kind.

If americans truly like football, they should try to make their own championship something more than the sad ballad of ex-stars in search for the last millions of their career. They certainly wouldn't lack the means to do so.

This whole idea of hosting official league games of other countries is squalid to say the least. And I think we'll gonna see much worst stuff in the next years..

@Madmac79 , this is only the tip of the ice berg. Squalid it may be, I agree, but holding domestic football fixtures overseas is a marketing and sales bonanza that the big European football clubs have been eyeing up with hunger for years. Look how the NFL and NBA constantly have regular season games in Europe. Be amazed if the Premier League don't try again soon to pull this out of the hat.

What started all this greed was back twenty five years ago, when the big clubs demanded that the old European Cup be bastardized into a hybrid league and cup competition to guarantee all of them a minimum number of televised games and revenue, which eventually brought about the mind-numbing double group stages before a single meaningful game takes place.

And finally, the leverage the likes of Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern, Man U and City and the Milan clubs exert on their home federations and UEFA is the ever present background threat to copy what the Premier League did in 1992 and break away from existing domestic leagues and form a European Super League, not overseen by UEFA, but by the member clubs.

Not sure if anyone can answer this, bit I was wondering what is the difference between J League Winning Eleven 2010, PES 2010 and Winning Eleven 2010 Aiko Samurai no Chosen? Any gameplay differences? Also, does J League Winning Eleven 2010 have all stadiums from that league?

I know this is a far-fetched questions, but thank you for reading anyway!

Edit: ps2 version, of course haha

Last edited:

You know what? I think it's us Italians who started it all. More precisely, Berlusconi's AC Milan (and I'm a Milanista).

Berlusconi was the first, as far as I remember, to treat his football team as a machine for producing revenue. Others followed, then, when they saw it was profitable.

@Rayemou I have no idea how to do that, but if it's possible then sure if you or someone has instructions on how to do that.
Lemme find a guide and I'll PM it to you :)

PSU is good because all it needs is a USB and modded PS2 with a recent version of uLaunchELF, compare that a pre-modded PS2 memcard costs £6.99 (the same as my domain cost me) and AR MAX costs £14.99 on ebay! Plus it is the format used by pcsx2 iirc

Been playing a bit more WEJL2008, Finally broke my goal drought on this game..

JIqHzhX.gif

Nothing spectacular but such a relief to score, keeper didn't have the heart to spoil my day. Only thing stopping me picking up a league is the japanese text. Only recognise a couple of those teams badges..

Picked up PES 2013 again last night, and it's easy to forget how polished this was before the revamp. The player models, stwewards, contextual passing and shooting really pushing that tech to it's limits.

Playing on Top Player, gutted this didn't go in..

stpV5kV.gif

Nice to see that even in later PES editions, when a world class player like CR7 shoots from outside the box, if a defender is challenging him, even with just some pressure, the shot will usually miss the target.

After 12 (yes, TWELVE) ML seasons in wonderfully addictive Winning eleven 7 world, it's time for something completely diferrent, pes 6. Now, 18 fantasy classic teams, best players in history of football. Eusebio, Pele, Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona, Pele, Platini.... Duncan Ferguson, Grella, Abel Xavier, Onopko.
Who will win? Weekly updates - best goals, standings...
Teams (KONAMI stats only)
Classic England
Captain : Bobby Moore
Formation :
nihGwIZ.png
Squad
7GFte02.jpg
Classic France
Captain : Michel Platini
Formation :
yFzdSmR.png
Squad :