The Retro-PES Corner

Good game @Special4988
Hey Matt,sorry didn't reply to your comments ,I couldn't see them.
I saw the game on my laptop,and made my comments over the phone,sorry brother,just reading up on them over the laptop now.
This was such a good idea,thanks for having me Matt.
Team sheets in tmw right?

@mattmid Do you repost the game on here? I wasn't able to watch the game live. I tried clicking on the video, but it said it was unavailable. Excited to see how it went!

@Special4988 What time did you try to watch? It should just start from that post with the video in even after the 'premiere' is over. I'll pm you the link anyway in case it's still not working for you.

Test League Week 1 Round Up

rnd1table.JPG

rnd1 results.JPG

rnd1goals.JPG

rnd1 pass.JPG

rnd1 keep.JPG

Below is the 'Season Points' that will be used when we start the Full League, so for now these are just being tested out to make sure the values we are using pan out correctly over a season.

These SP's are generated from the player's performance stats in each game and go towards the development of the player. Certain factors (like age) will modify this total but these players (under 20) will get the full amount. General, Attack and Defence are applied to different player stats depending on position and stat.

rnd1 sps.JPG

So for example here, Babbi of Atalanta had a great game and being aged under 20 would receive 100% of the points and have gained almost a third of the hundred points he'd need to move a stat under 75 up by one at the end of the season. So if he played like that in each of the 14 games he could move up by close to 5 on stats like MEN/TWK 'IF' they are under 75. If they are already higher then it takes more than 100 to move up a level (see MIMA thread for more details on that - full explanations will be posted soon in there)

Last edited:
Appreciated with professional weekly report. Very detailed stat for manager to analyse their team and player's performance.
Thanks @mattmid for your dedication and hard works

What kind of rules do we have regarding yellow cards?
And I saw that my Millico is out for a week.
And next game is Vs Atalanta,I strongly believe that's a very tough team to face.
Will make some adjustments later on

2 yellows = 1 game ban 1 red = 1 game ban

It's being played out in league mode at the moment. I've tested swapping in and out players for 18 man match day squad and all seems to work fine so as long as that continues it will all be played out in that mode. So with that in mind 1 week injuries will be entirely up to you as to whether you want to risk starting them or maybe risk them on the bench and chance the AI bringing them on. Otherwise of course just move them out of the 18 if you want.

Should there be a problem with playing it in league mode (hopefully not as it helps with the context of each match, particularly later in the season) then we'll revert to what we did for the cup. 1 week injuries can be ignored and are allowed to play the next game, any longer are out for their injury period (minus 1 week).

As it stands....

De Bie Tottenham is banned for one match (for wiping out Millico!)

Oakley-Boothe Tottenham is injured for 2 weeks

Millico as you say 1 week, so up to you if you want to chance him. I know sometimes the AI subs players off if they are carrying an injury and started, as I've had auto subs on before when playing and forgotten to remove an injured player only to see him subbed off after about 5 minutes and thinking, oh yeah :LOL:

Last edited:
@MafiaMurderBag I've enjoyed the first part of the 2006 World Cup series, in particular the Argentina vs Ivory Coast and the Brazil vs Croatia matches, had they been in real-life, they'd be a part of World Cup folklore!

There are a few errors in the patch in regards to names, though. Mendoca from Angola is actually called Mendonca, and Kuffor is spelt Kuffour.

Keeping it in league mode is probably the best Idea (unless there's something that gets screwed up by doing so) must be easier for you to keep track on injuries and bans.

Btw when it's all over with the league (before the next one that is) I'm looking to set up a ML myself,I'd like to get a few links on stadiums (Serie A).
Love that I'm playing on Olimpico in Turin

@MafiaMurderBag I've enjoyed the first part of the 2006 World Cup series, in particular the Argentina vs Ivory Coast and the Brazil vs Croatia matches, had they been in real-life, they'd be a part of World Cup folklore!

There are a few errors in the patch in regards to names, though. Mendoca from Angola is actually called Mendonca, and Kuffor is spelt Kuffour.
Thanks for watching mate, There's just something really magical about the way this game creates moments like this, It's so perfectly balanced. It's not like every time a giant team plays hey get nerfed against a smaller team like they do in the modern games and it's not rare enough either where it's next to impossible for a smaller team to match up because of stats either. So when it does happen, Just like it does in real life there's a sense of "That happened because anything is possible" and sometimes a little bit of luck.

Argentina played poorly against Ivory Coast and probably got cocky against a hungry newcomer that felt inspired by Cameroon '90 and had something to prove to the world. Brazil however had many chances to extend there lead and floundered them. All Croatia needed was to be decisive with their finishing on 2 occasions.

What makes these older PES games perfect for tournaments is the storytelling that unfolds as the competition unravels. Form and momentum seem to carry over, Some teams get a kick up the arse and improve, Some start well and get worse. Some players simply have the Midas touch and play the tournament of their lives and some players just don't even arrive.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, I've already recorded all the group games now but i'll be sure to correct them for the knockout stages.

Won the D2 cup (after being denied in the final, last season) and league, third time s charme and finnaly Serie A!

Ruskin is keepin the old spirit as a starter, and Dodo is amazing as always.

Another great game!

Congrats to @miguelfcp! I feel like it could have gone either way in the end. That own goal was equal parts disappointing and hilarious! Happy with the midfield contribution, and Baturina took his chances well (deflection on his first?). Defence might need some positional training, conceding just before halftime was a killer.

Sad to lose, but enough positives going into the next game. Thanks for the broadcast @mattmid!

Quite a game wasn't it! Yes it hit the legs of the defenders and then a bit of leg spin on the ball on the bounce took it in the goal :) I thought he had his hat-trick for a second when he spun on that late chance.

World Youth League Week 2

Porto v Dinamo Zagreb
Some good goals in there, The own goal was a freak of an opener but also quite amusing and bizzare. PES's ball physics were worlds above FIFA's in the PS2 era, You'd never see such a wicked deflection on PS2 FIFA.

Loved the setup for Fabio Silva's goal, Nice unintentional first touch with the whiffed header to set him up nicely. Think the goalkeeper was jet lagged for this game haha.

New episode of World Cup 06 is up!

Match Day 2 gets underway with rescue efforts beginning for the heavy favourites such as Argentina, Holland & even World Champions Brazil who experienced shock defeats in the openers. Some thrilling games and some stunning goals await in Episode 2!

Thought these might help managers to get a good idea of who played well (or not) so after each set of games i'll post one of these up. Here's the 1st Round so you can see what it will be.

The colour code goes from Red (best) to Blue (worst). All 8 teams are compared together so think of it as the player's performance across the league for that week. Bear in mind the subs will likely be blue-ish due to the lack of minutes on the pitch to do too much. Any sub getting into orange or above probably had a really good impact on the game.

First the over all team stats for the week compared. The points are the total of all their players for the game in that category.

Team stats 1.JPG

And now for the matches. Goalscorers names are highlighted in Orange, Assists in Green, if they did both then they are orange/green.

What it does also show is the AI is pretty good at subbing off ineffective players and doesn't just replace tired one's. Look at Sipos for Dinamo Zagreb, just 6 passes and 1 interceptions in the 60 minutes he was on the pitch before the AI subbed him. Franjic came on and virtually matched that in 30 minutes. An astute bit of management from @sniglet to swap them for this week's match ;)

Stats Din v Mar.JPG

Stats Lyo v Por.JPG

Stats Ata v BM.JPG

Stats Tor v Tot.JPG

The inaugural game of the first edition of Winning Eleven 9 Copa America (1930) played between me (Chile) and my cousin (Brazil).

In the first game of the tournament, played in a knock-out system, Brazil faced a very motivated opponent. In a very tactical and tied game, marked by the pressing of the attackers on the back lines, Brazil exploited the mistakes of the Chilean full-backs and managed to advance to the semi-final after extra-time. Each team missed out on scoring opportunities.

Chile 1 (Villalobos 43')
Brazil 2 (Preguinho (Carvalho Leite) 32', Russinho (Carvalho Leite) 93')

Back
Top Bottom