The Retro-PES Corner

So after the 2009 ML effort I started a PES6 ML default with Siena in D2 on hardest settings, my gameplay global stat edit on top of Milanista OF, and finally with the ball physix tool that really transforms the gameplay, more careful with the sprint and traps, more midfield battles etc it has PES5 build-in now, best of both problem solved. :CALM:

wide cam moved further away with zoom tool and angle 9 on 15 min its a sim now, but im always overly excited at first so lets wait, not sure on what type of playthrough to choose yet, maybe buy young italian players and sell them for big monaay

@cosmo: You're damn right about the ball physics mod, it's really something else. Why Konami removed the wonderful ball physics from PES5, that I'll never know.

...hmmm, the Retro-PES Bible can help you with that. Where's @WhoAteMeDinner when you need him? Anyway, check out the first page of the thread and you'll find the biggest ML challenge compilation there. It'll certainly give you some ideas for your save.

@mattmid: What has @rockstrongo been feeding his players? Those two guys don't look like youth footballers, I think I'll complain about it to the WYL staff...

...oh sh*t.

@rockstrongo Funny story with Coppola. After I'd finished the youth file I still hadn't played as or against Torino at any stage then I played them in a cup and thought who the hell is that guy in midfield! I genuinely thought I'd made a mistake with his height so I went to look him up online, turns out I had, he's grown another 2cm since then! :LOL: He's actually 205cm now!

Meanwhile in France, Lyon are ready to go

Lyon.JPG

@mattmid: Coppola my friend, if there's any chance you're reading this, please cut back on your Nephilim diet, try eating like a goddamn normal human being for a change. You see, PES6's height limit is exactly 205cm so if you happen to grow any taller, Lord Seabass will have to fulminate you from the game. No glitches in the Matrix here buddy...:NONO:

Good Luck facing Coppola in the midfield.
I've set him up in farmhouse,rumours says he's eaten most of the lambs,farmer is sending hefty bills every other day.
I actually didn't see his height until you mentioned it @mattmid

Pretty scary guy,started shaving at the age of 9 I think

last night the third generation of Maldinis made his Milan debut.
feeling old yet..

@rockstrongo That's the evil of going to football :D You first go as a kid and look at all those 'grown-ups' playing, then you are suddenly the age of the young players breaking through, then you find yourself older than most of the players, then a player surfaces that you remember watching their dad, then you're as old as the manager and from there I guess it's all downhill!

@rockstrongo That's the evil of going to football :D You first go as a kid and look at all those 'grown-ups' playing, then you are suddenly the age of the young players breaking through, then you find yourself older than most of the players, then a player surfaces that you remember watching their dad, then you're as old as the manager and from there I guess it's all downhill!
Or creating a player (yourself) in a game and realising your birthdate isn't there:?

I’m enjoying the reading guys. I wish I had a better working PC and more time I would have joined you in the Youth League that you have set up.

I started a new ML with the original PES 2008 option file and the defaults. I am into my 3rd season now and it has been so good if a tad frustrating at times. In the first 2 and a bit seasons I have been finding Gutierrez very frustrating. I mean he has the best stats and yet he struggles to control the ball at times and struggles to finish. But then in my last game, I played him as a left winger with Fouque (his first game for a season and a bit) as a AMF and both linked up so well. In the match before I subbed Gutierrez in the first half and told him “that’s your lot son!”

This is what I love about retro PES is the little scenarios that come about all through the matches, the seasons, and the imagination.

Also, Espimas, how good is his shot. He has scored some screamers coming in from the right. It’s just too bad that he is getting old and declining.

I bought a new GK called Woods and replaced Ivanov and you can see the difference straight away with his handling. Although he made a blunder on his debut when he allowed a shot to go through his legs. But the 18 year has a strong mental attitude and has done well since.

After 5 league matches it is 5 draws with only 3 goals scored but like i said i hope Gutierrez has found his best spot.

@geeeeee sounds like you're enjoying your trusted old Pes 2008.
I have a very cheap laptop (although new) for my Pes 5-6 gaming,so it doesn't take much playing those old games.
Hope to see you when the league after this one starts.

@geeeeee So may stories develop don't they? Even in the space of our Youth World Cup we had games like China beating England 3-2 which you could never have seen happening. A sneaky 1-0 or on penalties perhaps but they were 1-0 and 2-1 down and came back to win 3-2 in extra time, an absolutely incredible game. The great thing is these are real players and we're getting to learn about who the next generation of star players may be which, as Miguel pointed out, is highly ironical using retro PES :)

You'll have to keep a special eye on the Youth League as Tottenham are in it as you've probably seen. Hopefully you can join us for the full league which will start after this one. Which I guess will be early November as this one is 14 games long. Would be great to have you involved. :) You can even do it just from the PES6 editor if you want.

@geeeeee: Interesting, you're not the first to say he's not getting that much out of Gutierrez. In every save I've used him for more than a decade now, he always is either the best or one of the best in my team, not just stats-wise. Currently on my PES08 ML, he's half-a-dozen matches away from his 400th match wearing the glorious ML United shirt, and he's scored more than 300 goals now - by far our top scorer of all-time, Ordaz comes in second with at least less 150 goals than Guti.

And about Espimas, in my save the guy barely declined over the years and at the age of 40 he still played regularly - before retiring against my will.

Stein for example is 37 now, plays every match and still, at times, he even evolves an attribute or two!

Been playing around lately with J-League Club Championship 2008.

It's possible to start a Master League with the Defaults, but here you get a team filled with original, Japanese defaults I've never seen on any PES before...plus Minanda and Castolo! They're the only two "PES defaults" in the starting squad.

The ML world is truly amazing.
You can choose to play a typical retro-PES-like ML where you get an international selection of clubs of your choosing in both D1 and D2 - even with Japanese sides there thrown into the mix. This is one of three options.
Another option: imagine you want to play as Milan. You can start in the Serie A, but unlike in PES (or the first option I told you about), you don't have a 2nd Div "attached" to your league. This looks like basically a League Mode + Master League combo; I'm yet to see how this works particularly when it comes to the WEFA competitions - that is, if they even exist here...
The last one: J-League 1 and J-League 2's teams are the only ones available, for to get an all-Japanese ML environment. However, you can still buy players from any team in the game, not just from the Japanese sides.

I've chosen this last option and have started a ML with Ehime FC, one of the weakest teams of the J2. The squad is dog-shite but I've found the Japanese Minanda, so there's that.

tPqZI5o.png

I believe he even has the same special abilities as Minanda.
I was able to bring in a Spanish winger who'd rightaway become by far our best player: then, I realized I had just spent 6000 PES WEN points and now, for to pay a total of 14000 WEN in salaries, I had just...2000. :D Had to restart the save.

The gameplay is fantastic, so far it plays practically as PES08 PS2 which is truly my cup of tea. The overall weaker stats of the J-League (particularly the J2) players provides a much more scrappy, realistic experience a-la-PES5.

---

The PES - ahem, WE? Shop is quite interesting. I see one's able to buy a few world legends like Valderrama, Marcelo Salas, but the player catalog is filled mostly by Japanese players.

In typical Japanese fashion, not only can you buy the usual huge dog heads, dinosaur and penguin suits, as well as the ostriches; there's also...this.

VPi6fQ3.png

@geeeeee sounds like you're enjoying your trusted old Pes 2008.
I have a very cheap laptop (although new) for my Pes 5-6 gaming,so it doesn't take much playing those old games.
Hope to see you when the league after this one starts.

Yes ‘Rocky’ really enjoying it. I think one of the things i like is i can get a good 3 games played in an hour and it still feels nicely paced. When i play FIFA or rarely new PES i normally pick 15 or 20 mins halves so it takes about an hour to play one game. And if it’s a defeat that’s it. My mood is deflated for the rest of the night.

Also it means i can get through seasons a bit quicker. I don’t think i have ever finished a season in FIFA or newer PES.

I’m really enjoying your interview by the way. So much we agree on. You sound different to how i thought you would. Because of your username I expected you to sound a bit more like Captain Caveman (old 80’s cartoon) :P

@geeeeee So may stories develop don't they? Even in the space of our Youth World Cup we had games like China beating England 3-2 which you could never have seen happening. A sneaky 1-0 or on penalties perhaps but they were 1-0 and 2-1 down and came back to win 3-2 in extra time, an absolutely incredible game. The great thing is these are real players and we're getting to learn about who the next generation of star players may be which, as Miguel pointed out, is highly ironical using retro PES :)

You'll have to keep a special eye on the Youth League as Tottenham are in it as you've probably seen. Hopefully you can join us for the full league which will start after this one. Which I guess will be early November as this one is 14 games long. Would be great to have you involved. :) You can even do it just from the PES6 editor if you want.

I watched some of the games Matt and they were good. I think my problem at the moment is time, playing my ML and spending everyday working towards a new PES2008 option file without the classics.

Also, being totally honest, i would prefer to play online rather than watch a cpu v cpu match (even though the games look good ;) ). I will definitely be keeping an eye on Spurs with Parrot playing.

@geeeeee: Interesting, you're not the first to say he's not getting that much out of Gutierrez. In every save I've used him for more than a decade now, he always is either the best or one of the best in my team, not just stats-wise. Currently on my PES08 ML, he's half-a-dozen matches away from his 400th match wearing the glorious ML United shirt, and he's scored more than 300 goals now - by far our top scorer of all-time, Ordaz comes in second with at least less 150 goals than Guti.

And about Espimas, in my save the guy barely declined over the years and at the age of 40 he still played regularly - before retiring against my will.

Stein for example is 37 now, plays every match and still, at times, he even evolves an attribute or two!

That’s great migs, that is what is good about the game the fact that we have different experiences. Playing on the left wing has definitely improved Guti.

@geeeeee thanks man!
Funny thing that we all have some pre knowledge on how we all sound,me I'm picturing a lot of our users based on their avatars etc.

Managed to play a whole season on FIFA 19,1 in 18 and 3-4 on FIFA 17.
Outside Pes 6 my most played Pes game is 17,10-15 seasons on it.
And like you I'm also playing 20 min on those games.

Right now I'm playing Pes 5-6 and I feel 10 min is enough there,I probably bang it to 15 later on

Not enough time to watch the whole match but caught the closing exchanges which - going by the stats - were indicative of the game.

Early days, but zero shots on target is a bit of a worry.

Yep, all the chances for Zagreb seemed to be weak headers from the edge of the box that went wide! Might need to drop in a deeper forward to link up with the midfield more. As you say, early days for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom