The Retro-PES Corner

@MafiaMurderBag - Once again, a very entertaining video! Every match was end-to-end, and what on Earth happened to Germany? After such a bright start, they showed us a classic example of one team failing to take their chances, and the other succeeding.

Some really great games this weekend. 13 goals in 4 games including a 0-0!

Next weeks fixtures - team changes for Thursday (or before if you like!) if you have any - can you just drop a pm saying no changes too if you are keeping everything the same so that I know.

Premiere times are subject to change but should be as stated - if it's not a good time for you let me know though and I can change it.

wk3fixt.JPG

The second game of the tournament was played between the 1929 Copa America champions and runners-up. The great Argentinian team, considered to be one of the two top contenders for the title, along with the hosts, was beaten by a talented Paraguayan side led by Aurelio Gonzalez and young Delfin Benitez Caceres. The Argentine stars played very selfishly and lazily, without any team spirit or strategy, having underestimated their opponents, whose goal was an act of pure will rather than technique. The defeat was as much shocking as it was deserved and it caused a great deal of joy among the Uruguayan public. The local papers are mocking the Argentinians and everybody believes the triumph of la Celeste is certain with their main rivals out.

Estadio Pocitos, Montevideo

Paraguay 1 (Gerardo Romero 63' 9:44 ) Argentina 0

@MafiaMurderBag - Once again, a very entertaining video! Every match was end-to-end, and what on Earth happened to Germany? After such a bright start, they showed us a classic example of one team failing to take their chances, and the other succeeding.
Thanks man, Was a lot of fun producing it. There seems to be something about Ecuador on this game, In my 2002 series, they beat Italy in their group, Qualified for the knockout stages with 3 wins out of 3 and didn't concede a single goal - Then they were knocked undeservedly by Belgium.

Maybe Germany underestimated them and got a little cocky in Berlin.

World Youth League Week 2 Round Up.

The weekend kicked off with a thriller in Portugal as a freak early own goal got the hosts ahead. Zagreb stuck at it though and got back into it with a goal from Baturina just before half time. Their minds were still in the dressing room though as Porto quickly got back in the lead right after half time. Dinamo showed their character though, levelling things again within 2 minutes. Porto quickly mounted their own response and were back in front on 51 minutes, ending a sequence of four goals in twelve minutes either side of half time! They managed to see the game out for three valuable points.

Next up was a very scrappy affair between Bayern, who are yet to get going and Marseille who are proving to be a very hard nut to crack, yet to concede in 180 minutes of football. Unfortunately for them they are also yet to score. However their rock solid defence was enough to keep them unbeaten and gain another point.

The third game was an end to end affair at White Hart Lane. Tottenham and Lyon exchanging shots in equal measure. Griffiths put Lyon ahead with a fine controlled finish that back up keeper Oluwayemi had no chance with. After a bright start from Lyon, Tottenham began to get control late in the first half culminating in a great chance for Parrot that he put wide. He followed it up a minute or so later with a header that struck the top of the post. They did get level after half time though with a fine run and angled shot from Richards. A nice individual effort. Blows were exchanged at either end before Gouiri won the game for Lyon late on with a fine free kick that found the top corner. Oluwayemi got a hand to it but could not keep it out. A great game that could have gone either way and despite starting with two defeats there was plenty of promise from Tottenham here. Lyon moved top temporarily with their second win.

It was Atalanta who took top place from Lyon. They took the game straight to Torino from the first whistle and within nine minutes a shell shocked Torino found themselves two goals down. They settled down though and fought their way back into it with a goal just before half time. Strong play from Ibrahimi that saw him end it with a lovely one-two with De Angelis before striking the ball home from the edge of the box. It stayed that way until the 68th minute when Kone was fouled for a free kick out near the corner of the penalty area. An inspired substitution saw Nivokazi come on and get on the end of a nicely clipped in free kick from Kulusevski, powering a head in off the bottom of the post with his first touch! Kulusevski, who was brilliant throughout, got himself on the score sheet late on with a great finish to round things off. Atalanta are on fire in front of goal early in the season and deservedly went top with the win.

wk results.JPG

wk table.JPG

@Flipper the Priest Mouko and Ake are unavailable for the next match with injuries
@Special4988 Oakley-Boothe is still out for one more match
Baro also out for 2 games for Porto

No other injuries this week and F.Vieira (Porto) and Millico (Torino) are back from injury and available again.

No players have suspensions for this week.

Stats to follow.

Yes my Torino boys have been spotted walking home from Bergamo,probably have to sneak in to the city in the early morning hours.
Great game from Atalanta though,I knew they'd be very tough!
Interesting game Vs Dinamo Zagreb Up next

@rockstrongo I think you missed Millico as well as you'll see from Rauti's match stats shortly! Going on the stats it might have been ok to let Sportelli on the coach :D

Ha ha yes.
I'll be setting up my team a bit differently next time ,took a chance on keeping a 0-0 game Vs Atalanta with a very defensive side.
Already looking fw to the next game

The third quarter-finals game, played between Peru and Mexico, was expected to be entertaining and so it was. Mexico were a better squad in the first half, taking an early lead, and the Peruvians attacked for most of the second, but the team who scored the next goal were the Mexicans again. Villanueva headed a goal immediately afterwards but he and his teammates wasted two excellent opportunities to equalize in the last minutes.

Estadio Pocitos, Montevideo
Peru 1 (A. Villanueva 75' 11:56 )
Mexico 2 (Roberto Gayón 16' 2:24 , Luis Pérez 72' 11:11)

Played J-League Winning Eleven 10 Club Championship on and off this days. Needed some J-League atmosphere.

The title is the ultimate evolution of the Pes 6 mini-saga. As always, no national teams, J1 and J2 and pretty much all the regular team clubs.

To my surprise, many teams are completely unlicensed. For example half of Serie A.. maybe it was a Japan problem since in the later chapters Serie A was always pretty much complete. Go figure.
To my horror, Lazio is unlicensed too and they represented it.. with a red and yellow team and a damn wolf as a badge.. some sort of fake as roma.. I killed for much, much less :LOL:.

Anyway, I started a J-League with Vissel Kobe. On the field there are newer animations, different change of directions for the players and other stuff that gives it a taste pretty different than Pes 6. CPU is very varied and the game super enjoyable, but that was expected.. all the game remembers very vividly We/Pes 2008, indeed. Another nice thing which I'm not sure I've ever noted before (no idea if it was in some other J-League) is players bowing down to their supporters after the game. Small details which make the experience even more magic..

Back
Top Bottom