The Retro-PES Corner

Capitalism can go fuck itself.
Where I live we have private schools ,for kids between 6-18,all those schools are owned by very shifty dudes/companies,none of the profit goes back to the kids but to offshore accounts etc,plus they get funds from the state/government to,same shit with assisted elderly living.
That school system,yup were the only ones with it (Sweden)
Such a ruthless system,both for gaming and all other areas.
People need to realise we need a sustainable system instead,don't need to be a hardcore DDR commie to get that

Actually my friend, schooling, healthcare and nearly every other formerly public service here in Ireland is set up remarkably in a similar way to Sweden. By the way, Sweden is always mentioned as some kind of ideal state in the UK and Irish media, you may laugh. Ireland is full of private schools and hospitals that are double funded by both private students and patients as well as by the state. And like in England, private schools here are registered charities too.

Considering all this grotesque theft and exploitation which gets called capitalism, the DDR east Germans were a bit right-wing for my tastes.

:BLINK::BLINK::BLINK:

Actually my friend, schooling, healthcare and nearly every other formerly public service here in Ireland is set up remarkably in a similar way to Sweden. By the way, Sweden is always mentioned as some kind of ideal state in the UK and Irish media, you may laugh. Ireland is full of private schools and hospitals that are double funded by both private students and patients as well as by the state. And like in England, private schools here are registered charities too.

Considering all this grotesque theft and exploitation which gets called capitalism, the DDR east Germans were a bit right-wing for my tastes.

:BLINK::BLINK::BLINK:
Ha ha got it (me I'm more Castro friendly)
Yeah I get that the system is wide spread,just saw a clip on our telly claiming our system is one of a kind (evil) system.
We use to have a good society,but crazy short term capitalism is going ape shit now,you use to be able to live in Stockholm (rented) but now all the rent apartments have been sold and cost €300 000 and up to live in.
Insane,just so the state/councils can cash in.
Which means wealthy it/media guys from the sticks move in,and obviously don't want to live in a noisy city,so concert halls gets shut down etc.
Shit system my friend

The less govern_ment the better, systems and "isms" are made to rule over people, there is no better one than another, just more tolerable ones imho.

The less govern_ment the better, systems and "isms" are made to rule over people, there is no better one than another, just more tolerable ones imho.
More freedom for us individual's,less pointing from upstairs.
We shouldn't have to pay a fortune if sick (thank god for free healthcare or at least at a very low cost)

I do not consider anything in such systems to be "free", you pay taxes after all, which in itself is a form of slavery.

I do not consider anything in such systems to be "free", you pay taxes after all, which in itself is a form of slavery.
Yepp,correct,but I'm Notting getting ruined if I break my arm either.
I just want to live in a society were everyone is getting a fair deal (health care/study etc) which makes me ok with what my society is about,some shit,some good,but a fair shake for the majority.

Yepp,correct,but I'm Notting getting ruined if I break my arm either.
I just want to live in a society were everyone is getting a fair deal (health care/study etc) which makes me ok with what my society is about,some shit,some good,but a fair shake for the majority.

Good discussion @cosmo and @rockstrongo , Sweden does not seem as ruined by extreme free market capitalism greed as other countries like the UK and Ireland.
But @cosmo , no government, no laws, no taxes. That is Nihilism dude.

Get a shotgun, you are gonna need it.....

:SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

Sweden is a *pieep* from what I can tell, nothing good about it. :THINK:

@WhoAteMeDinner
Its not so much about no governence, its more about by whom and how it is practiced, a relative new example to me were small remote villages in the carpatian mountains, mainly self regulating themselves. :)

I don't care about nihilism or any other such genres, its all written down by some shady men with unclear intentions, looking all this up will reveil that most of the writers in the human history were part of either the rosicrucians or *your lodge nearby*, and I cannot trust men that engade themselves in secrecy.

Good lads Matters and Miggy, still doing the football manager thing. What I love about this thread (really an entire world of it's own), is that we can all discuss our special themes and interests in the football world. The write ups of the COM v COM games are brilliant.
Just the Dinner does not do point and click gaming of any kind.

:CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

Thanks :) Does the Dinner have any words of wisdom for the Irish lads tomorrow?

Sweden is a *pieep* from what I can tell, nothing good about it. :THINK:

@WhoAteMeDinner
Its not so much about no governence, its more about by whom and how it is practiced, a relative new example to me were small remote villages in the carpatian mountains, mainly self regulating themselves. :)

I don't care about nihilism or any other such genres, its all written down by some shady men with unclear intentions, looking all this up will reveil that most of the writers in the human history were part of either the rosicrucians or *your lodge nearby*, and I cannot trust men that engade themselves in secrecy.
Nothing good...

In the context of our conversation of course, its nothing against the land or people, lets not start about politics etc here shall we :CLOSED::DD

Thanks :) Does the Dinner have any words of wisdom for the Irish lads tomorrow?

You are welcome Miggy. :D
Unlike Big Sam always stealing my management thunder. Directors of football are just waiting to take your office.

I will leave the Ireland manager to run the team. Just tell him not to let Keano talk to the players. He is on the loose again and as angry as ever.

:II:II:II

Matchday #6 preview
Ireland
Don't be fooled by their 4-2-1-3 formation: more often than not it looks more like a 4-2-4 with four men always looking for space behind and around the opponent's defense, two creative midfielders supporting that attacking craze and four guys who wish they had been born a striker, because life would be so much easier for them in this recklessly optimistic and blood-thirsty Ireland team - also, because they don't really do this defending thing that well.

There is absolutely no doubt about who's going to be Ireland's goalkeeper: Bazunu is not just Ireland's Key Player, he's one of the best keepers of the entire Youth Cup.

O'Connor and McKeown shall be the chosen centrebacks. Neither is particularly impressive but surely the former is better than the latter. The problem is, both are not that tall (178 and 183cm) and their aerial game is quite limited; also, they're not at all consistent enough to deal with the attacking powerhouses in this WYC.

O'Sullivan will play as rightback, Barry as LB. Again, there ain't much to see here: Barry is a forgettable individual whose only striking quality is his ability to be somewhat consistent in his mediocrity. The other one is...fast. That's it.

Manager Shai Gaiven is known for his insistence on playing positive, attack-minded football, even if his squad is technically limited to achieve what the manager asks of them. Even so, given Ireland will be up against a much stronger Croatian side, he'll have to strengthen his usually laissez-faire, fluid and careless midfield with the inclusion of Nugent, an individual who has as much footballing talent as Angela Merkel has for the game of basketball. His only purpose is to seek and destroy everything in his path.

Alongside him shall play Thompson, the team's (often unreliable) maestro. He can pick out any teammate with his laser-guided passing, providing he's in a good mood - which is rare.

The AMF role is harder to predict, as there are many options for Gaiven to utilize; nevertheless, we bet on Coffey to take it. You bet he's electric and just watching him play makes you pumped up, as he's far from your typical attacking midfielder: he's not at all creative, instead, he prefers to rely on his somewhat impressive dribbling skills. Call him a Central Winger, because he is one.

Though Caffrey is a natural (and skilled) striker, he usually plays as one of the wingers. He does so because he's a decent dribbler, isn't that slow and to top it off, he's a natural finisher. Now, we don't really have a clue on who shall play as the other winger. If I had to bet, Waters will be Gaiven's choice: a never-yielding and uncompromising fighter with a bit of skill, though not much.

Sixteen-year-old Parrott is our favourite to play as the sole striker. McAuley is pretty decent too, but Parrott is the complete package for he combines his scoring instinct with an ability to link-up well with his teammates, has speed, technique and a good head over his shoulders.

Key Player: Bazunu. Having recently signed a contract with Manchester City, Bazunu hopes to confirm his world class potential in the first-ever edition of the World Youth Cup. Save this article you're now reading, and come back to it in ten years: Bazunu will be one of the best goalkeepers of the world by then.

...ok, it's 2029. Was I right or not? Buy me a beer if I was.

Bazunu is pretty much a safe bet for the Goalkeeper of the Tournament award. He's not just an extraordinary stopper, he's also as consistent as any top-level pro footballer already at the age of sixteen.

Croatia
Despite their technically talented bunch, Croatia doesn't take any chances: this is a team built to endure defensively and then cynically let their creative players loose for them to wreck havoc in the counter. Their 4-2-1-3 formation often becomes a 4-5-1 when defending, and when attacking, Croatia expects their dynamic midfield and their exceptional winger to come up with something noteworthy.

What's that? Bazunu is one of the best keepers of the WYC2019? Hold my beer, says Ajax's Kotarski.

Croatian manager Dado Cpurso never plays any other keeper than Kotarski.

Sutalo and M. Krizmanic should pair up in front of him. This is probably one of the fastest centreback duos of this competition, though both are keen to waste too much energy during the match.

Gvardiol will play as leftback. He's a finished product by now, looking like a solid bet for a future sideback superstar. Attacks with ease, defends like a centreback; he's got the speed, the energy, and an unbreakable spirit. Though left-footed as well, Colina - no, not the referee - is usually the other sideback. Keep an eye out for this duo; these two will spend the whole match traveling up and down the wings with speed and style.

One of the centre midfielders will surely be Franjic, one of the best box-to-box midfielders in this tournament. He's got an engine that runs for days, yet he's skilled and clever enough to find his teammate whenever needed. Watch out when he joins the offense, as his attacking IQ is unmatched for a centre midfielder.

Trograncic, Pavlak and Palaversa would each be solid choices for the remaining CMF role. All of them are far from being defensive-minded, though Palaversa seems to be the most balanced of them all - one that perfectly juggles attacking and defensive duties.

Dinamo Zagreb's Antonio Marin is yet another player to look out for.

Though originally a centre forward, Sego shall be the other winger. Reminds me of a young Pedro Rodriguez: a kind of striker disguised as a winger, with both enough skill to dribble past opponents and also an ability to find space behind the defense to get him a scoring chance - which he then converts into goals often.

Baturina usually only plays about one hour, but I'll be dammned if those 60 minutes are not a joy to watch. Remember him for being a skilled finisher, a positively aggressive striker - though his poor first touch often lets him down. Just don't mention his lack of stamina, for Baturina enjoys football in small doses only.

Key Player: A. Marin. I might live a thousand years, yet I will never get tired of watching tricky wingers play football. Marin has read it all about wrecking the opponent's sideback and he applies that acquired knowledge like few others can. His game is based on breezing past opponents with skill and speed, then he either crosses it - nicely so - or he shoots from afar - a favourite pastime of his. He's Croatia's most feared offensive weapon and shall be one of the most exciting individuals to watch for in this World Youth Cup.

ukCyLEx.png

First time ever playing ISS Pro 98 and Germany just kicked my ass. It's alright though, I've already spent a few Escudos on ingame currency and bought myself Ziderm and Ronarid, this team is going places.

This a fascinating thread ... been reading it for a while now.

(Glad the politics theme appears to be done with. Nothing good ever comes out of that. @WhoAteMeDinner, you don't mean to divide everything up evenly between all people, do you...? And let everyone be equals ... That doesn't really work in practice)

Hello @juce , I agree it has never worked properly in the past and I never make a total judgement on any country based on their politics or economics. My comments are values and ideology based.

Internationalism and global community is the only way forward. Look at these forums, we are brothers all.

Judge not the man by the content of his wallet, but rather the content of his character.

:PRAY::PRAY::PRAY:

ukCyLEx.png

First time ever playing ISS Pro 98 and Germany just kicked my ass. It's alright though, I've already spent a few Escudos on ingame currency and bought myself Ziderm and Ronarid, this team is going places.

Good old ISS, Miggy, surely you need Coliuto, Koppers and Riggio too......

PS: Imagine if ISS and ISS 2 with those massive He-Man shoulders had PES 6's infamous COM team run blocking and shoulder charging.

:SS:SS:SS

Last edited:
He sure did @juce . Mind you apart from a lovely pivot turn in possession. Not that much of the Divine Pony tail's god-given skills show up in the early ISS games.

Don't worry Rocko and Cosmo. When the Dinners scheme for international and global leveling of all classes and false construct national boundaries is implemented, everyone will be a brother or a sister.

:BEER:
Sounds good Dinner,always believed that my national belonging (based on temper and waving of arms) will be in the Napoli area,sort me out on that one ?

Match Day 6 Ireland v Croatia

Ireland spring a surprise on Croatia, dispensing with the wingers and moving to a 4-4-2 that involves 3 CM's behind an AM in an attempt to swamp the midfield.

Ireland (4-4-2)

GK Bazanu
CB McKeown
CB L.O'Connor
RB O'Sullivan
LB Barry

CM Thompson
CM Caffrey
CM Coventry
AM Coffey

CF Parrott
CF McAuley

Croatia meanwhile opt for Palaversa and Pavlak in central midfield with Julardzija given the task at AM of linking it all up between the front 3 and those behind. A task he may well have a problem with given the three Irishmen he'll find in his area. Bajic surprisingly gets the nod up front instead of Baturina. Possibly thinking that Baturina's lack of stamina might be better used as an impact sub.

Ireland v Croatia.

Croatia started brightly with Pavlak winning a couple of challenges early on and Palaversa his midfield mate doing likewise. Ireland were pinned in early on and Sego got over a cross that Coffey did well to clear. Barry broke down the left shortly after in Ireland's first foray into the Croatia half and from that Caffrey shot wide when he might have done a bit better.

With Pavalak and Palaversa taking no prisoners in midfield Ireland were finding it hard to build anything of note, although Barry again got away down the left but nothing came of it. Suddenly Croatia came to life in the final third, when Julardzija struck a good shot that Irish keeper Buzunu did well to tip wide.

Croatia's front men were finding it hard to get too much room due to Ireland's three CM's who were physical and in their face at every opportunity. Giving them no room to dribble into dangerous positions. Gaps were beginning to open up wide though.

On 20 minutes Palaversa yet again won the ball from Ireland, he fed it out to Marin who to this point had been largely ignored. He got a cross over that the Irish defence were happy to head over the bar to safety.

A minute later and it was Marin again, this time driving at the right back. He got free but was too wide and his shot into the side netting was the wrong decision.

Palaversa, who was playing as if the ball was his own personal possession, not letting anyone in green have it for a minute won yet another ball that had Marin chasing it down but O'Sullivan did well to get in a challenge and the chance was gone.

Then it was Marin again with another dangerous cross but again an Irish head was there to meet it.

28 minutes and Marin who was suddenly everywhere whipped in another dangerous cross. This time it eluded the Irish back line, landing inside the six yard box at the back post. A tap in for Sego surely?

No! Somehow he shins it across the goal and out for a goal kick. Surely harder to do than score. What a miss!

30 minutes and this time Sego is wide, he pulls it back to Pavlak, who sends it low into the box towards Marin. He swings a leg at it but can only kick O'Sullivan who has slid in and intercepted brilliantly. Stopping a certain goal there for sure.

Ireland finally get back into Croatia's half but it's Pavlak there to win it back. They push straight forward and work it to Marin, he lays it inside to Bajic, 10 yards out. He swings at it and puts it over the stand!!

Croatia could and should have been out of sight by now.

The Irish midfield are doing well enough in front of the bo, closing down pretty much anything coming through there but Croatia are finding room out wide to create chances. Now all they have to do is take one.

There's time for one more Marin cross before half time but although Bajic wins it ahead of the defenders for the first time, he heads well over.

Half time and 8 shots to 2 to Croatia tells one part of the story of the first half. 0 on target tells the other. Sego's miss will be causing sleepless nights and not just for him. Marin is causing all sorts of problems out on the left after Croatia strangely ignored him for the opening 20 minutes. He's put over several crosses that were worthy of better end results, not least the Sego chance. Ireland need to either do better against him or stop the service to him somehow.

The second half begins and it seems Ireland have decided just how they are going to stop Marin as O'Sullivan clatters through the back of him leaving him rolling on the ground. O'Sullivan is booked for the foul on Marin but he will feel it was well worth it. It appears Marin's game is over. From the free kick the left back Gvardiol makes a surging run that sees him cynically brought down just outside the box. The irony now is that free kick taker Marin is off and Kapitanovic is on in his place.

Croatia take the free kick and it eventually is cleared out to Palaversa who gets to it first, steadies himself and lets fly with a good effort that just grazes the crossbar!

Suddenly Kapitanovic is in acres of space flying down the left wing. He crosses to the far post where Sego and Barry are about to challenge for it when Barry goes down in a heap and the whistle blows, much to Sego's annoyance who felt Barry had fallen over.

On 60 minutes a Kapitanovic cross is headed clear by Caffrey but Palaversa heads it back in and Bajic this time back headers it. It beats the keeper...

and comes back off the post!!! Bajic sinks to his knees in disbelief.

Ireland are still somehow in this contest. Kapitanovic is getting in as many crosses as Marin did. Another one is met by Julardzija but blocked by Mckeown, who also valiantly blocked the follow up shot from the rebound as well. Great work their by the Irish defender.

In a rare trip forward Ireland win a free kick 30 yards out. Parrott strikes it well but it's straight at the keeper and easily dealt with.

Another cross from Kapitanovic sees Bajic beat the keeper to it who had no right to be coming out for it at all really. But again he can only head it over wastefully.

This reporter checks the score again to make sure it is still really 0-0.

20 minutes to go, can Ireland get to extra time? They'd fancy their chances at penalties seeing as Croatia have been like a jigsaw. Going to pieces in the box.

The pressure on the Irish goal continues unabated. Every time Ireland win it, Pavlak or Palaversa get it back. It's as if they have some kind of advance knowledge of where the clearance is going to go. The Irish defence is playing well though despite the chances they are giving up under the relentless pressure.

82 minutes gone and suddenly the Irish defence make a mistake! Cheevers who had come on as sub dwells on the ball at the back and in a panic, tries to belt the ball clear only to hit it straight at Bajic who was closing him down. The ball richochets away off to his side and behind him. Croatian sub Baturina is in! He's in space with the other Irish CB further away.

Baturina blazes clear, they're not going to catch him. This could be game over. He steadies himself near the edge of the area as the keeper comes out. He lets fly with a thunderbolt...

and it's gone wide!!! He falls to his knees, he knows he should have scored. The Croatian manager is jumping up and down with rage.

85 minutes gone now and Croatia lose the ball in midfield and Irish sub Waters makes a run down the right. He plays a 1-2 with Thompson and is clear down the right touchline. He strides into the box towards the goal line, cuts it back and Parrott is first to react and is on to the ball first on the edge of the six yard box! He hits it...

and hits the post!!! He can't believe it. Croatia scramble it clear out towards the touchline. Waters has it back as he chests it down nicely and in one movement sticks it straight back where it came from, hard and low. Parrott who hadn't switched off despite his disappointment is again first to react....

GOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! He clips it home. Unbelievable scenes as the Irish go crazy. Where on earth did that come from!? Dinner is on the pitch! He's in the scrum of players going mad.

Croatia have two minutes of the ninety left to do something.

Straight away full back Tomaskovic is down the Irish left, he moves into space, whips it over midway into the box towards the near post where Pavlak is charging into the box. He meets it with his head on the run...

but it goes wide.

Then Kapitanovic threatens to get away down the right but O'sullivan is quickly in for the tackle and the danger is gone.

The ref blows the whistle and it's all over!!! Ireland in the ultimate smash and grab!

Round Up

One of the most one-sided games I've seen in a while. How Croatia have not won that I don't know. Chances galore. An absolute sitter missed by Sego. And yet for all of that the Irish defended valiantly. They filled the box with bodies when the crosses came in as out wide was the only avenue they gave them. The shear amount of times Croatia were in and around their box, the chances had to come but each and every one was missed. Ireland had few opportunities but they made one count and in the end that was all that was needed.

M.O.M Pavlak. Him and Palaversa bossed midfield throughout the game, both won countless tackles and interceptions, stopping Ireland before they could get near the back four even into the Croatian half sometimes. Palaversa came as close as anyone to winning it as well with a great strike that only just went over and Pavlak had a half chance at the death. Both deserved to be on the winning side.

Worthy mention. O'Sullivan. The Irish right back on the face of it had a very tough afternoon as first Marin and then Kapitanovic rained in crosses coming from his side, yet for all that he made some key tackles and blocks as well and you could say in scything down Marin he possibly helped win the game for his team.

Disappointment. Bajic. Way too easily hounded off the ball by the Irish defence and apart from hitting the post his efforts were not even close, typified by a swivelled effort that ended up as a souvenir ball in someone's car in the car park outside.

ft.JPG
Match Highlights:

Last edited:
Match Day 6 Ireland v Croatia

Ireland spring a surprise on Croatia, dispensing with the wingers and moving to a 4-4-2 that involves 3 CM's behind an AM in an attempt to swamp the midfield.

Ireland (4-4-2)

GK Bazanu
CB McKeown
CB L.O'Connor
RB O'Sullivan
LB Barry

CM Thompson
CM Caffrey
CM Coventry
AM Coffey

CF Parrott
CF McAuley

Croatia meanwhile opt for Palaversa and Pavlak in central midfield with Julardzija given the task at AM of linking it all up between the front 3 and those behind. A task he may well have a problem with given the three Irishmen he'll find in his area. Bajic surprisingly gets the nod up front instead of Baturina. Possibly thinking that Baturina's lack of stamina might be better used as an impact sub.

Swamping the midfield.....Giovanni Trapattoni and Martin O'Neill must have had a word with the current manager.

And proving I read the amazing match reviews, how did you see me in the scrum @mattmid , ?

What a win.....:GSCARF::GSCARF::GSCARF:

Last edited:
I'll be on vacation starting next month, can I still pick a team that I want the tactics to be mine?
I can just pick an underdog so probably just missing some of the latest round 32 matches, you then just need to adjust the cards/injuries etc and keep my tactics, would be cool, suggest me your pick on the weakest team and I'll take that, will then try to make a compact/universal tactic to be good against most other formations or something, that kind of thing.

Pierluigi Collina is defending VAR.....
.:NONO::NONO::NONO:

Now the Dinner has a special place in hell for VAR. But in time, the bald genius is bound to see sense too and it is hard to be annoyed with the PES 3 cover dude.

It worked better at the WC when he had the supervision of the whole thing I think, but in the leagues its a nightmare, I guess the genius cant do it all by himself. :BLEH:

It worked better at the WC when he had the supervision of the whole thing I think, but in the leagues its a nightmare, I guess the genius cant do it all by himself. :BLEH:

It is not even the hairbrain offside or penalty decisions that make me mad. Football is almost unique as a sport with gameplay that is fluid and continuous, without arbitrary breaks and timeouts.

Back
Top Bottom