The Retro-PES Corner

Little 32 team randomly picked cup I had this evening with the OF myself and @miguelfcp are working on at the moment - The World Youth League. 120 teams with squads of players born 01/01/01 or later. I was given Athletico Bilbao.

Oh and ignore the three letter names next to the teams in the results they are in my dat folder for another file and I forgot to remove them.

First up was

A right battle with a lot of fouls! I scored on 3 minutes and then the battle started. In the end it was enough to get us through.
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hdhp7TY.jpg[/img]

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/EjoFZM1.jpg[/img]
kyBVIcR.jpg
[/CODE]

Next up was

Boy are Atalanta a tough side. No wonder they put Brondby to the sword in the 1st Round. They seemed much stronger, particularly in midfield and it was one way traffic for a lot of the game. They have some real quality. My one moment is in a video at the bottom of the post. For a second I thought it was going to be getting posted in the goal of the week thread but it wasn't to be.
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/3hpZAIp.jpg[/img]

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/qctJlab.jpg[/img]

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/mcdHHXd.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/r0Sn0Sl.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/W2kxTy5.jpg[/img]

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/TFLL3NJ.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HKPZRp6.jpg[/img]

Look at that neat Odyssey TV logo!
I've heard about Colidio in real-life, and it seems he scored 5 goals in 5 apps for Inter in the UEFA Youth League this season. Could turn into one of the must-haves in a ML save on our World Youth League.

Look at that neat Odyssey TV logo!
I've heard about Colidio in real-life, and it seems he scored 5 goals in 5 apps for Inter in the UEFA Youth League this season. Could turn into one of the must-haves in a ML save on our World Youth League.

Yeah another piece of @sniglet art! :) I checked out the two guys at the top of the assists charts as well, one of them has 9 assists in the u19 Italian league this season so that's nice that he showed up well there too. @MadbaLL will be liking these youngsters they have I would think.

Doing a ML with Milan in WE9:LE and I'm having a grand ol' time. Not exactly a challenge given the team, but the nostalgia (even if I am still sour about United's 3-0 away loss to Milan in the 06/07 CL). Anyway, a couple of satisfying goals from my second match:

I love how Pippo will spend most of the match on the periphery and pop up with a goal. It's a very small detail, but I was amazed, I had to watch the replay six or seven times. Like a master of the dark arts, he pushes off the defender to make a pocket of space for himself. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes it doesn't. The fact that a 13-year-old game could capture such a thing so well is just brilliant. For the second goal, Kaka had been doing sweet feck all the entire half until he decided to make a marauding, 60-yard run and give the keeper the Medusa eyes. The opposition was quite poor, but hey.

Doing a ML with Milan in WE9:LE and I'm having a grand ol' time. Not exactly a challenge given the team, but the nostalgia (even if I am still sour about United's 3-0 away loss to Milan in the 06/07 CL). Anyway, a couple of satisfying goals from my second match:

I love how Pippo will spend most of the match on the periphery and pop up with a goal. It's a very small detail, but I was amazed, I had to watch the replay six or seven times. Like a master of the dark arts, he pushes off the defender to make a pocket of space for himself. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes it doesn't. The fact that a 13-year-old game could capture such a thing so well is just brilliant. For the second goal, Kaka had been doing sweet feck all the entire half until he decided to make a marauding, 60-yard run and give the keeper the Medusa eyes. The opposition was quite poor, but hey.

How did u make this game look so good? Any links please?

really surprised and happy with 2009 so far, the super cancel is very responsive but also snaps back in fast, so its easy to do all sorts of stuff with it, it also lets you play however you want, bit of pes 3 charme there, i never felt cheated too and many goals were scored on both sides which is very rare to happen

@MafiaMurderBag I think it's the 'let's take out this really good part and add something bad' and 'let's remove that bit that doesn't work well and add in this really good new feature' End result there's something new that really works while something much loved has been buggered!

@WhoAteMeDinner If Big Sam had a job he'd have given it a 5 year contract by now.

In other news, have you seen the plans FIFA have for the Club World Cup? Firstly they are playing it in Qatar in 2019 and 2020 to 'test' the new stadiums (don't be cynical ;) ) Then they plan to shelve the current format and have a 24 teams Club World Cup once every four years in the summer in place of the Confederations Cup. So there you have it. A 48 team world cup in 2026 that if it isn't already completely devalued by the increase will then become secondary to the 'big boys' club world cup.

@mattmid , matters mate, not being cynical. But you just explained why "mystery investors" are behind this. They have offered almost.20 billion dollars to fund this and a now shelved Global Nations League. Why would a bunch of shady business interests fronted by Japan's SoftBank for cleansing purposes throw around this much cash for a tournament nobody watches ?

:BLEH::BLEH::BLINK:

Push by Inzaghi!

Hello i found this option file with complete Serie B 2005 2006 For Pes 5.

- Serie B-Patch [Xavier75 & Fohra Gabbu]
- Serie B Mod Patch [TheX. Compatibile con SuperPatch 3.0+KitServer 5.1.2. Si tratta di una versione riveduta e corretta della Precedente B-Patch. Funziona da sola, senza bisogno di altro]

The link of this option file was died in the 2010, has anyone stored them on some hard disk or cd?

Hello i found this option file with complete Serie B 2005 2006 For Pes 5.

- Serie B-Patch [Xavier75 & Fohra Gabbu]
- Serie B Mod Patch [TheX. Compatibile con SuperPatch 3.0+KitServer 5.1.2. Si tratta di una versione riveduta e corretta della Precedente B-Patch. Funziona da sola, senza bisogno di altro]

The link of this option file was died in the 2010, has anyone stored them on some hard disk or cd?

It's possible it might be in here, @Titch would know if he sees this.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/old-pes6-of-bundles.78453/

@Lobbedball: (answering the question you made in the other thread) If we're just talking about gameplay here, overall, PES3 is definitely the superior game. PES4, 5 and 6 are likable, each in their own particular ways, but when it comes to getting the "full package" of an entertaining, fair and challenging football game, PES3 is a cut above the rest.

Yep, PS4. I've got it installed on PC as well with all Serie A stadiums, but something about the gameplay isn't quite the same as the console version IMO.
Good to know someone has been playing both versions to compare. I loved the game on PS4 at the time, I've recently installed the PC version and patched and although it runs buttery smooth, It still doesn't feel quite as good i remembered it. Wondered if it was just the placebo of the lack of graphical effects or something or if it was more than that...

PES17 is the one modern PES I have (PC) and although I did enjoy it, there were some things that really bugged me. The running is just flat our weird, there's a couple of examples of it in @Chris Davies clip. Also there seems to be too many fancy flicked goals or rockets from distance. Oh and the keepers who dive in a sort of floaty manner to get a loose ball look ridiculous. But, worst of all are the frigging menus! Designed to be as annoying as they possibly can be, particularly if you're trying to set up a cup with different teams. Scrolling back and forth and up and down, it's enough to lose the will to live, let alone play the tournament.

Good to know someone has been playing both versions to compare. I loved the game on PS4 at the time, I've recently installed the PC version and patched and although it runs buttery smooth, It still doesn't feel quite as good i remembered it. Wondered if it was just the placebo of the lack of graphical effects or something or if it was more than that...
It could well be my imagination, but this is my experience.

With the PC version patched up, it just makes you realise how little work Konami do in terms of presentation. Before you say DURRR, I know, we all know that - but when you SEE (and hear) what it COULD be like... It's pretty mind-blowing.

On PC I've downloaded 300+ stadiums (a lot of them are poor quality but it doesn't really matter), some with their own tunnels, some with their own pre-match music intros (e.g. Man City play "Right Here Right Now"), every team with their own chants (but recorded directly from the event, not recreated and edited in a studio in Japan)... Every league with its own scoreboard, ball and cup... It's incredible.

But. I think the AI seems a lot more one-track-minded on PC, and interestingly, I think they go for chipped through-balls a lot more - pre-empting PES 2018... I feel like there's something in that (i.e. whatever causes it in PES 2017 on PC, it's there on console in PES 2018)...

It could be my mind playing tricks, or my ancient PC - but it doesn't feel quite as responsive, and the pitch feels smaller. BUT, it's just mindblowing how good the game can look and what a difference it can make to how comfortable you feel playing the game. The Premier League and Serie A have every single stadium... That alone makes each match more exciting.

(Not my videos, but this gives people an idea...)

Last edited:
Watching that video, I also forgot to mention the annoying delay on replays waiting for the logo to come up before you can quit out of it, plus the sheer amount of them!

Plus the virtual assault, I mean sliding tackles, that are mental, launched in like an angry Roy Keane.

That aside though it is enjoyable.

Plus the virtual assault, I mean sliding tackles, that are mental, launched in like an angry Roy Keane.
Yeah I do agree with you there, I uploaded this a while ago from PES 2017 - KDB trying to get himself sent off from minute one... :LOL:

Yeah I do agree with you there, I uploaded this a while ago from PES 2017 - KDB trying to get himself sent off from minute one... :LOL:

Ohh this seemed he had something personal!!!!

As I told to Chris in the past through PM, although KONAMI states that the only difference in those games era, ps4vsps3-pc , are the graphics, there is something in ps4 version that “clicks” me more for some weird reason. I can’t tell if the response is the different, cause I play the pc to 19” screen and the PS4 to a 40” tv screen. But what I feel from my playing experience, after 500 hours in ps4 and more than 100 hours to pc, same ML structure, League , team and difficulty, the final result from my console experience was more enjoyable than my time on pc.
I do not know the tech issues, Chris did better job here, comparing them side by side. My final feeling about both versions was: the PS4 feels like a fresh new game, while the PC feels like a better-tuned PES2016 (pc), but with better defending AI, a fix of only low-shot goals and bigger-better models and physics. Also still don’t know if it is a placebo or anything else, but in ps4 in 0 gamespeed when I control the ball, I feel I have time to take decisions, while in PC I feel that everything happens faster, or the response is worse resulting the CPU team defender players , crowding me in many cases.

Last edited:
Ohh this seemed he had something personal!!!!

As I told to Chris in the past through PM, although KONAMI states that the only difference in those games era, ps4vsps3-pc , are the graphics, there is something in ps4 version that “clicks” me more for some weird reason. I can’t tell if the response is the different, cause I play the pc to 19” screen and the PS4 to a 40” tv screen.

Oh, I think it's very apparent that the console and PC versions feel quite different (prior to 2019, of course). I use the same exact setup for my PS4 and my PC, so the TV isn't an underlying factor. I've tried them one after another and the likes of PES 2017 felt much more responsive, smoother, and just more "complete" from a gameplay perspective. Vague terms, I know. Perhaps the superior visuals created the perception of superior gameplay, but whatever the reason, it was certainly noticeable.

Yep, PS4. I've got it installed on PC as well with all Serie A stadiums, but something about the gameplay isn't quite the same as the console version IMO.

i knew it... it looks and plays better than pc version, it's obvious on even short clip like that.

Back
Top Bottom