The Random Football Thread - Topic changed many times already!

Re: Argentina-England! PEKERMAN!!! :|

RuneEdge said:
I said Pele is OVER-RATED, not a crap player. He's good but not as good as people say, hence the word over-rated. People call him the best when the guy hasnt even left his home continent.
so what if he never left his home continent, most of the european players never have either... whats your point? Tevez is up there as one of the best in the world(currently), but since you have probably never seen him play, you dont mention him, there are players outside of europe who are better then the best players in europe, brazil produces five each year it seems... Argentina aint too shabby either, just because you dont play in europe does not automatically disqualify you from being considered great...

Wise words my American friend...
If that RuneEdge had actually seen Pele playing he would speak otherwise, if there is one thing that is impossible that is to over-rate Pele...
How brilliant players like Maradonna have been, there is simply no other player who is in the same league as Pele...
I agree that he behaved as a jerk after he hung up his boots but you can say the same thing about Maradonna, Best, Beckenbauer, Platini, Garrincha...come to thin of it, of the really great players Cruijff and Di Stefano are the only ones who did not behave as jerks afterwards.

Let's do something creative and make the best possible team of all times.

That would be something like this:

GK: Banks
CB: Beckenbauer
CB: Scirea or Bobby Moore
SB: Fachetti
SB: Ruud Krol

MF: Maradonna
MF: Pele
MF: Cruijff

FW: Van Basten
FW: Muller
FW: Garrincha

A team that is sligthly unbalanced perhaps...

GK Lev Yashin (U.R.S.S.)
CB Franz Beckenbauer (Germany)
CB Franco Baresi (Italy)
SB Roberto Carlos (Brazil) ---> in his best moment
SB Ruud Krol (Holland)
DM Obdulio Varela (Uruguay)
OM Garrincha (Brazil)
OM Johan Cruyff (Holland)
OM Diego Maradona (Argentina)
FW Pelé (Brazil)
FW Alfredo Di Stefano (Argentina/Spain)

A very wise decision...it seems Maradonna is in good shape at the moment ...i hope all continues to go well for him.

Heres a question for all the footy geniuses on the site...

Only 3 players have scored in every Premiership season since it began, who are they?

I will be popping in and out of here all night to check if anyone has the answer

rockykabir said:
Gary Speed?

The only old attacking player I can think of...

BINGO!

Thats your 3. Gary Speed, Alan Shearer and Ryan Giggs

Well done

Back
Top Bottom