The Random Football Thread - Topic changed many times already!

Zidane is probably the best player since Maradona, followed by van Basten and Romario. I think it's strange nobody mentions Cruyff (ok, I admit I'm Dutch), the man changed the face of football.

Re: Argentina-England! PEKERMAN!!! :|

fd1972uk said:
As for the Pele thing, your having a laugh right. No doubt there where greats in that team there, although I can't speak in detail too much as I wasn't born when the guy was at his top, but jesus look at his record. You must be thick not to think that something like 80 goals in 90-odd Internationals and 1200-ish goals in 1300-ish games (recorded) is for an over-rated player.
I said Pele is OVER-RATED, not a crap player. He's good but not as good as people say, hence the word over-rated. People call him the best when the guy hasnt even left his home continent.

Random football fact:

It is a commonly held fallacy that footballs are these days much lighter than their older, leather counterparts.

In fact, regulations have stayed the same for weight of footballs since the game began (16oz). However, leather balls do absorb a lot more water which makes them considerably heavier, plus new materials make modern balls much more aerodynamic and thus travel a lot faster when kicked.

:mryellow:

Random thread topic change perhaps?

Just watching Turkey v Switzerland, some turkish player just did a shameful dive but 'earned' himself a penalty (seriously, do these refs even bother being trained anymore?). Thinking about, what are some of the worst dives you've seen?

And yes, Rooney v. Arsenal that ended a run which otherwise would still be effect, of cousre we've heard enough of that one.

How about Pires v, was it Portsmouth when he just flung himself into the box without the ball?
But i can't imagine the prem is best, links to vids are appreciated :)

Ronaldo(9) is one of the most convincing divers I've seen, just look at his face when he falls over!!

I have to disagree.
Don't get me wrong, I have seen him do it, but it's very rare. But the ratio has gone higher since he joined RM. But there is no such thing as a player that doesn't dive.

But the Oscar for best actor on the pitch goes to João Pinto, now on Boavista.

Revan said:
I have to disagree.
Don't get me wrong, I have seen him do it, but it's very rare. But the ratio has gone higher since he joined RM. But there is no such thing as a player that doesn't dive.

That just goes to show how good he is at it, he's even fooled you. Next time you're watching a Real Madrid game and Ronaldo gets fouled look at his face, whether he's touched or not he'll make the most horrified face in the world. Just keep your eye on the slow motion replay.

lumlum said:
That just goes to show how good he is at it, he's even fooled you. Next time you're watching a Real Madrid game and Ronaldo gets fouled look at his face, whether he's touched or not he'll make the most horrified face in the world. Just keep your eye on the slow motion replay.

Well lets be honest and quite crude....but I doubt its gonna be the most difficult task to make his mug look horrid(!)

ouch! \\:o/

With the likes of Zidane,Thuram,Figo & Nedved all coming out of retirement for their worldcup swansong....do you guys think there will be more to come out of retirement for this chance? Queue Scholes & Bergkamp?

phrase said:
With the likes of Zidane,Thuram,Figo & Nedved all coming out of retirement for their worldcup swansong....do you guys think there will be more to come out of retirement for this chance? Queue Scholes & Bergkamp?

I doubt scholes would come back to sit on the bench, he wouldn't be ahead of Lampard or Gerrard. Maybe if one of those 2 were to get injured he might, but not at the moment.

damn ..i tought you could only make moves like that in Streetfighter and Mortal kombat...

341133195254438b2ff63dd20.gif

The 10 best players of all time

1 Pele
5 Maradonna
6 Cruijff
7 Di Stefano
8 Garrincha
9 Zidane
10 Beckenbauer

And no i haven't forgotten 2,3 and 4 but Pele is so far above the rest of them... Oh yes kids: i'm old enough to have seen Pele actually play. Pele did not seem as outstanding as Maradonna because he played in a better national team. But one has to admit that the Brazil team of 1970 (the best team i ever saw) had far better opponents than Argentina in 1986 (the only WC where Maradonna was outstanding). The German team which played the fianl in 1986 pales in comparison to the German team of 1970-1974 (Beckenbauer, Netzer, Breitner, Muller, Maier, Hoeness, Vogts). And Italy never had a better team since 1970 (Riva, Rivera, Mazzola, Boninsegna, Fachetti,...) The Uruguayan team that was eliminated by Brazil in the semi's in 1970 was the last great Uruguayan team and had the best keeper in the world (well maybe after Banks to indulge you English people): Mazurkiewicz. And who did Argentina eliminated in 1986 in the semi-finals??? Belgium !!!! Who??? Belgium... That Belgium team is considered a fairly ordinary team in Belgium.
What Maradonna did with Napoli is impressive, but Pele never came to Europe because in the 50's, the 60's and the 70's Brazilian players rarely (if ever) played in Europe.

And then there are people who think that Pele is overrated...Jesus...the guy won three world cups (Maradonna 1) and scored more than 1000 official goals...and on top of that he was well behaved...

Everything gets better the longer ago, it's the truth. The myth grows it seems. When you look at Gerd's list it's mostly players from way back (except for Zidane and maybe Maradona). I wonder which players will be considered great in 20 years who are playing now.

mattster12 said:
I'd add George Best to that list, even your number 1 pele reckoned he was the best player he ever saw.

I agree Best was one of the best players (no pun intended btw) to set foot on a pitch but man, its Pele we're talking about here...The man voted El Hadji Diouf as one of the 100 greatest players ffs! :roll::lol:

Best was one of the best for a few years but in the end it was all wasted talent (a huge Best fan, of all the pkayers i listed he's the player i prefer..).

OK just to get things back on track here's some nice pics of hum... training of a club from denmark. Odense is the name of the club, they didn't won a game for a month and fell to 5th place. Some fans sick of the situation decided that players needed to blow of some steam and hired a stripper to invade the training grounds, and she did.:mrgreen:
here are some pics:
13gl2.jpg

25ln1.jpg

36dy.jpg

46aq.jpg

62re.jpg

88xv1.jpg

93bn.jpg

105yx1.jpg

116yl.jpg

132du.jpg

147cw.jpg

158ys.jpg

178zq.jpg

185gc.jpg

I wonder what this means?

(Sorry for the number of images, there were more and I tried to choose the best to "ilustrate" the moment :mgreen:)

Stan said:
The 10 best players of all time

1 Pele
5 Maradonna
6 Cruijff
7 Di Stefano
8 Garrincha
9 Zidane
10 Beckenbauer

And no i haven't forgotten 2,3 and 4 but Pele is so far above the rest of them... Oh yes kids: i'm old enough to have seen Pele actually play. Pele did not seem as outstanding as Maradonna because he played in a better national team. But one has to admit that the Brazil team of 1970 (the best team i ever saw) had far better opponents than Argentina in 1986 (the only WC where Maradonna was outstanding). The German team which played the fianl in 1986 pales in comparison to the German team of 1970-1974 (Beckenbauer, Netzer, Breitner, Muller, Maier, Hoeness, Vogts). And Italy never had a better team since 1970 (Riva, Rivera, Mazzola, Boninsegna, Fachetti,...) The Uruguayan team that was eliminated by Brazil in the semi's in 1970 was the last great Uruguayan team and had the best keeper in the world (well maybe after Banks to indulge you English people): Mazurkiewicz. And who did Argentina eliminated in 1986 in the semi-finals??? Belgium !!!! Who??? Belgium... That Belgium team is considered a fairly ordinary team in Belgium.
What Maradonna did with Napoli is impressive, but Pele never came to Europe because in the 50's, the 60's and the 70's Brazilian players rarely (if ever) played in Europe.

And then there are people who think that Pele is overrated...Jesus...the guy won three world cups (Maradonna 1) and scored more than 1000 official goals...and on top of that he was well behaved...
Quoted for truth.

Back
Top Bottom