The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

get over it gameplay is feckin wicked all this bitchin is gettin to me

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

Why post on the thread if you dont care about it ?? and although you may find it "feckin wicked", some of us believe its gone slightly backwards in this release a thought that is also shared with Seabass from what I have read of his reviews and the press interviews he has done.

Even Seabass thinks its crap this year, i dont think he needs telling, its so dissaponting on every level, an opportunity missed, he will have to come up with the goods next year.

I sent them through emails, no reply or anything (as to be expected). I made a plea for ideas where else to send them to but there was no response - which is easy to forgive, Konami have made so little effort with PES2008 it's hard to make effort helping them fix it.

Cheers for all the hard work anyway I guess it would have been a surprise if anything actual came of it, knowing Konami..

Hi,

I traded my PES2008 in 2 weeks after buying it. Yesterday I went to my mate's house and we played some PES2008. My question is, we played online and took turns playing 1v1s, but the lag was just as bad as it was when I had the game, so, has this been fixed or is it just his connection? Surely it's been fixed by now but what confuses me is that he has a great connection...

Yes, thanks Jack for making the effort.

I've e-mailed Konami, registering my disappointment with PES2008 as well. I don't expect anything from it, just getting it off my chest helped though :D I guess if enough people tell them it's poor and return the game for a refund/trade-in then maybe they'll notice. I've gone back to PES5!

1° Master League scheme is outdated. Is the same from WE 6 :(

2° Edit Mode is VERY limited. Why? If don't have all teams licensed, why limit our editing options?

3° Very easy to score goals with long distance shoots.

Thank You.

I have worked out that it is not our connections thats an issue. Here my test.

Played online against a friend both using "wireless" connections.
Then got 1-2 bars and gameplay was ok slight lag and 2-3 times teleporting.
We played 4 games all with the same outcome.

Then we went online both "wired" connections.
Then got 1-2 bars and gameplay was ok slight lag and 2-3 times teleporting.
We played 4 games all with the same outcome.

Conclusion. You can a good isp connection and it will make no difference. The problem does not lie with the connection but Konami servers.

My next test is to get film both of us playing and then see what each player see's when the teleporting starts.

Why Konami??? why???? I played for 2 days and got bored of it, went back to FIFA

-horrible graphics for a PS3 game

-master league, they added new stuff like player interviews but it doesnt affect the game at all

-the menue for the master league looks like an old PC game from the 90's

-no english stadiums

-editing mode is very limited, you cant use adidas kits anymore

-game play feels like you are playing ice hockey, too fast

-annoying music

-players looks like in real person but the way PES did them, they look like zombies

- where is PES SHOP????

- why did they added sceens where you see the fans cheering for there team?? I mean its a good idea but if you gonna add that, please do it well, they look like an old PC game from the 90s

-please add more leagues! licensed or not but add them, so we can play a real Masrer League.... and please, please get the bundesliga back

however I saw the PS2 version and its good, so looks like konami concentrated more on the PS2 version and didnt worry about the next gen
What did Seabass smoke when he did this game??? its crap! am very disapointed

Last edited:

Because its pointless?

Its pointless, as freMM says.

If you have a spot on your chin and people tell you about it over and over you get fed up eventually.

Thats what Konami have!
They know they've f**ked up and they would probably read this thread and read hardly anything that they don't already know!

can you please help me ive locked my self out of ps3 pro evo 7 online and cant remember my password do u know how to get around this problem please?:((

I think complaining won't do much improvement as I'm convince that it's a Konami marketing plan to twist the game around like they are and therefore making millions of fans dissapointed.They're in for the money,i won't be surprised if PES 2009 is surprisingly good .I won't buy them anymore
So i'm wishing you guys luck with your work and hopefully it'll make a difference

I love the game over all. But I have a small comment..

I'd like the new PES2009 to be more affection realistic. For example .. when you play and score like 8-0 on your opponent .. and then they happen to score a desperate goal at the end of the match .. they still cheer and celebrate like its their winning goal. I suggest they make the feelings and celebration more realistic and based on the actual situation of the match.

My other comment is .. why not have the paramedic comes in the field and carry the injured player out in an emergency bed. Or even drive a golf-car to the field. That would be a cool add on to the realism of the game.

Just my opinion.

Why the hell Konami goes backward with this version? No 2vs2 online. The slow down is so bad. Pes2007 is much better. I wonder if the same group of people who made pes2007 made pes2008. Bottom line pes2008 is the worst version of winning eleven series. It stinks. I have wasted my money on this one.

i think the only plus point of pes2008 ps3 was players faces, most were spot on

apart from that the game is appalling

i have both ps3 and ps2 versions of pes2008,i played both about 50 to 100 games,than i returned to pes 6,a game i played until now about 2000+ games,and i enjoy playing online and single player,updating transfers and teamrosters.
as addicted as i am to pes6 as disgusted i am from pes2008.
firstly the gamespeed of both is to high,you cant control the ball like in pes 6,especialy the headers cant be timed and directed like in pes6,unlike in the past pes games the players dont have there own playstyle and feel about them,they all run in a high speed back and forward,closing in on the opponent in a not realistic way,not showing fatigue .
it does not pay to build up an atack like in a real footballgame, it does pay to play like a kickergame,passing like in a pinballgame and shooting at goal whenever you can,reflexses are important not so much footballskil and good timing.
the playermodels and for ps3 version the running animations are very bad.
the only good thing about the ps3 version are playerfaces from existing players, the editable faces however are much worse than the ps2 version,its to much work to edit ,and they always keep the same stupid expresion on there faces.
the lagging,slowdown, bad ballcontrol and unrealstic ballphysics make the ps3 version very frustrating to play,the ps2 version is not much better,pes6 was perfect why did fuck it up so badly,more teams ,more editable empty teamslots and the posibility to link the edited teams in leagues to existing competitions,making promotion or relagation possible,with european games and cups integrated in highest division would have made me happy,i just wanted pes6+.
the online experiance with pes2008 ps3 and ps2 versions is frustrating,the lagging and for ps3 version also the few options make the pes 6 online games look much better,no lagging during the games,and the delibarate laggers seem to be gone,maybe they are ruining the pes 2008 online now,i see much less gamers online now for pes 2008 compared to the begining of pes6,french ,spanish,italian and other european gamers staying loyal to pes6 online,with the english server being almost empty,
i think many british gamers moved to fifa 2008,something i would never do, there is always pes 6,the best football game to date,just hope they build up pes 2009 from zero,with a mix from pes 5&6 gameplay being the basis to build on.

I've resisted this for months and I hate to finally admit it...PES2008 is just not very good.

It's just not as addictive and satisfying as previous titles have been.

When I score a goal, it doesn't feel like I've accomplished anything. Scoring is just too easy...or just not the same as it used to be. You can go where you want to go much easier than ever before. So you don't have to build-up play to find a scoring chance.

I'm going back to PES6 or I'll even dig up PES5 and give it a go. Hopefully I can convice my friends to do the same. They are easily impressed by the HD aspect of the PES 2008. Not realzing that the gameplay just isn't there anymore.

I just want that feeling of scoring a hard earned goal back.

I have always hated fifa as the gameplay was poor but i have got so fed up that i got fifa08 over the weekend and i have to admit they have made vast improvements in the game. I can now play footy online with no silly bugs and shitty graphics. I can now lose to the openent rather than the glitch game programming.

I have had FIFA 08 for about 1/2 a year now and am only 'putting up' with it until Konami releases a PES title worth more than its weight in chicken poop. The only reason I bought the EA game is because WE: PES 2008 (360) was a piece of crap. FIFA 08 is decent for the time being though... Thank god for 8 way directional controls.

From starting playing the series at WE6: Final Evolution - I am not an old ISS bugger like some of you =) - it seems like the game's quality has fallen ever so slightly with each new release. WE9/10jap was different, but my PS2 had gone through it's second laser by then, and there was no more fun to be had with Winning Eleven unless I splashed some serious $$ for a new modded PS2; or a decent PC. But who wants to do that when PS3's and x360's are available? Buying another outdated PS2 made no sense to me.

Konami will not get any more of my consumer $$ until they decide to put their heads down, and crank out a soccer sim worth investing time in. And we all know that the only reason anyone ever invests time in anything, is hopefully because of the personal satisfaction they get from savoring the fruits of their labor - aka scoring a goal you worked hard to create from nothing.

Personally, I get no satisfaction from ANY of the recent PES titles - and not many people play PS2 anymore with PS3 being backwards compatible.

I hope somebody there has looked this thread over. Even if only to supplement the boardroom discussions about PES's future at Konami.

Back
Top Bottom