The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

1. On-line - sucks
2. Fans songs - same like in PES 1 (i will do this for every team in the game just send me money that i paid for fucking half game)
3. Music - i don't know who do this thing
4. Stadiums?
5. teams and int without licence
6. sound of ball when its kick'd - jesus like a drum (bump)

I want my money back, i buy PS3 only because PES, i spent 2 monthly salary to buy that and i become fucked up, i recived game that is the same like every pes from 1 to 6 + lots of bugs

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

Plataform: PS2.

I know that PS2 doesn't have the same power of the next-gen consoles but, why the PS2 version doesn't have all the new skills that are in the next-gen versions?!

This is my complaint. Konami please put all the skills in PES09 for PS2.

I've seen about everything here.. except for the 'play again - select' feature that PES has had before.. ie: pes6..
But they removed it for no apparent reason..

They need to bring it back, cause now training is a joke..
PES had the best training ever..

Those training challenges may even return.. lol

Yep, the patch is only a slight improvement online. Online for this game needs a major overhaul. Also, everyone's comments on the graphcis for this version was that it is a PS2 port with polished graphics. Well, with this patch, it appears that this is somewhat true. It appears that they removed the polish with the low resolution with this patch because it looks dull and not as polished and smooth as it first did. I play my games on HDMI ofcourse so this sticks out. Anyone can tell me how to remove this patch and I will be greatly appreciated.

Konami should be very ashamed of how they treated their customers with this game.

Peace!
JF

Speed to fast, Slowdowns on a £400 console!
Online LOL!!!! WTF is that!!
Editing????? NO untucked shirts, no base copy, no special hair, 9 crusty boots, no change player nationality, A scam option to allow us to put in faces! I say scam because we have 4 usb slots on our ps3's but you cant take pics from your pc and put them on a usb stick!
You need to by the stupid eye of judgement pack to get the camera...... and then... YOU CAN ONLY IMPORT 8 KITS and 22 FACES!!!
Same old ML, Stupid players cant play 2 games in a row coz they are tired! (no Im not holding R1) No it is not realistic.

Pitch textures are embarrassing, Crowd look like they belong on the commador 64! no camera swing, 15 staduims? with no english ones!, crap player models (they run like robots on ice skates) GOALKEEPERS LOOOOOOOOOL. I had to put every keeper stat up by 10. thats def, agility, response, jump, and keepers skills! And I gave them all 1 on 1 special ability! and guess what... They are still crap! so there is no satisfaction in scoring a goal!

This game is a joke. soz.

This game urgently needs:

- At least, 16 or 32 directions of movement and take out the railing as possible
- A realistic control of pace and turns.
- Free pass and power direction. Eliminate all the scriptedness feeling you have when you play.
- Free shooting (or even a semi, like in fifa, that's great), agian the "scriptedness" feeling must be avoided.
- Some tactical solidness (sidebacks remaining in its position andnot taking holidays when they want), your teammates don't do practically runs and you can't interact very much with them on the pitch.
- A new physics model for the ball and for the player collisions. Right now is a pinball mode and in single player deflections are scripted to the feet of the nearest com player. Tha'ts ultra-pathetic.
- Take out CPU cheats as the main and only way to develop single player.
- A rebuilt single player career mode with some realism regarding schedulings, tables and competitions.
- Good animations (I feel like watching and arcade machine). What the hell, with the money they do they can even sign the team who made the fifa animations (best animations ever seen in a sports game in my opinion).

All that means at least A NEW ENGINE. Loads of people working. Time. Investment. Minimum 2 years of work. All the things konami doesn't like at all. But it's the only way PES turns to be again a decent football game. Now it's a shameful mess.

PS: When all this is acomplished, then we would ask for stadiums, licenses, online modes, graphics, editing, music and even dogs and shark heads in the pes shop.

Last edited:
FIRST DRAFT

Okay, it's took me three hours, but here's the first draft of the letter. I need a few things from you guys now; suggestions of improvements, and suggestions of where to send this to, plus suggestions of who will publicise this.

A couple of notes before I proceed:

I was in shock when I realised just how far backwards PES has gone. Look at the amount of features that have been removed in the last year or two. That is absolutely shocking. Konami, you should be truly ashamed.

Is the UEFA Champions League competition in the Master League called the WEFA League? I can't remember the name of it.

And one last thing, I remember reading that some definite goals result in corners. Am I right? Nobody has reported this in these topics.

Cheers for all the effort you've put in, guys.

----------

Dear Sir or Madam,

I help run a website, www.evo-web.co.uk, that has been dedicated to Pro Evolution Soccer for nearly 7 years. It is a community of over 80,000 PES fans. With each new release of the game there has been discussion, praise and mostly happy gamers - PES has always been the most realistic football game available. But the next-gen release of PES2008 has been met with almost unanimous derision, with very little realism being seen when playing the game. In the hope that this will contribute to future PES titles, several topics of debate were created on our website so that all of the problems with PES2008 could be listed and fixed in future years by the PES development team.

Three kinds of issues were researched and compiled; factual issues (definite faults), subjective issues (improvements that are desirable but of less importance and also debatable), and finally removed features (features that were in previous PES titles but have inexplicably been removed and should be brought back).

I ask on behalf of 80,000 PES fans disillusioned with the direction that PES is heading in, please read this list and take on board our criticism to make the next PES the game it once was.

FACTUAL ISSUES

• (PC ONLY) It is impossible to save data if the Konami folder is on a drive that isn't the C: drive.
  • (PC ONLY) Short hair looks corrupt on certain graphics cards (e.g. R9550).
  • (PS3 ONLY) The game crashes if downloading from the PlayStation Network (PSN) whilst playing, offline or online.
  • Slowdown is evident throughout the entire game, on all console versions and even on high-end PCs. This occurs during gameplay, especially when playing on the wide camera angle in a stadium like the Bernabeu, but it occurs most horrendously during cut-scenes, replays and highlights.
  • Slowdown is particularly bad on PlayStation3, when playing the game through a non-HD lead on a non-HDTV. This renders the game unplayable for those with non-HD equipment.
  • Online play is disgraceful, with players disappearing and reappearing in different positions of the pitch, all of the time. The game is unplayable online, goals can be scored without even seeing the ball go into the net.
  • Graphical "tearing" is visible throughout the game.
  • There is a bug where you cannot man-mark a player if the player is within the zone of a zonal-marking player.
  • The referee in the Master League is always the same referee.
  • The player and team database is very inaccurate in certain areas; Leto is not transferred to Liverpool. Solksjaer is included in the Manchester United squad but he retired months ago. Puerta, the Sevilla player, has tragically died, but he is still included in the game.
  • Players sometimes run into the net and get stuck there for the half. They cannot be moved out of the net.
  • Cut-scenes can sometimes show errors such as players running through advertising hoardings and the physical building of the stadium when celebrating.
  • Facial hair is not allowed when using a camera to create a face. This means the player's face cannot be created properly.
  • In the edit mode, you cannot edit or photo-import onto the back of any kit.
  • You can only save upto 8 camera-created faces and upto 4 camera-created kits. There should be no limit imposed but the available space on the storage device.
  • When using the editor, you cannot create a new team, only replace an old one. You should be able to add new teams to the database without removing any. Or at least, there should be 100s of blank team slots, instead of just 20.
  • There is an invisible barrier when trying to get close to a throw-in taker. This should be removed.
  • The pass power-bar during free-kicks serves no purpose because it is hit with a set amount of power no matter what you do.
  • A lot of shots (free-kicks and normal shots) change curl direction abruptly in mid-air. This is not physically possible in reality.
  • Players sometimes freeze on the field and can only move again once another player touches the ball.
  • When playing in "fixed cursor" mode, it is impossible to pass and then immediately run quickly upfield. Pressing the pass button causes the player to pause after finishing the pass animation.
  • Players (including goalkeepers) do not always kick/throw the ball in the direction you press.
  • One-two passes fail when the original passer of the ball runs out of play. This would not happen in real life.
  • One-two passes fail when the original passer runs into an opposition player. He then stops completely rather than continuing to run, preventing the opportunity to pass back to him.
  • When bringing out goalkeepers to claim the ball, they will occasionally run in a straight line without trying to reach out and grab the ball, letting the striker shoot at an open goal.
  • The referee sometimes takes a long time when blowing the whistle for a free-kick, which can prevent the kicking team from having an advantage.
  • Once the ball goes out of play the "replay" option instantly becomes unavailable. This should not happen.
  • Substitution animations only occur when the team is winning.
  • Teams from "League C" cannot be used in the Master League. This should be fixed.
  • Night matches in the Master League Division 2 are very rare.
  • Rain effects (splashes when rain hits the pitch) are missing.
  • When diving in your own box, the referee cannot react.

SUBJECTIVE ISSUES

• (PC ONLY) Not many resolutions are available to choose from.
  • (PC ONLY) Online play has been set to 30fps only, which results in terrible slowdown issues.
  • The gameplay is much too fast.
  • It is much too easy to score.
  • Goalkeepers parry almost every shot, sometimes it seems that they are incapable of holding onto the ball.
  • Defenders sometimes let you run past them without even trying to get the ball off you.
  • Build-up play (midfielders passing the ball and trying to find spaces in the defence) doesn't seem to exist, the majority of the time you can run from defence to attack and have a shot without being pressured. Defenders might as well not be on the field.
  • Scorelines are ridiculous because of an imbalance in the game engine (attackers always have the advantage over defenders); 8-8 draws have been witnessed.
  • You can score from the half-way line quite easily using the long-pass button.
  • Scoring when 1-on-1 with the goalkeeper is much too hard.
  • The CPU scores almost every free-kick that is on target.
  • The CPU scores from almost every corner and there is very little you can do to defend them.
  • It is very hard to pass the ball to a player in your own half; the opponent always stands in the way between your players and the ball, so you have no choice but to hit it all the way up the field.
  • High through-passes can't be hit with enough power to land in-front of the player you want to pass to, meaning every attempt is intercepted.
  • A long-pass from one side of the field to the other moves far too quickly, much more quickly than is possible in real life.
  • Player stamina levels become low much too quickly. Players do not have the energy to play after two consecutive matches, which is not at all realistic.
  • Ball physics have become a lot worse, the ball does not move like a ball would move in real-life.
  • Collision detection in the game is very poor, players are constantly moving through each-other's physical bodies. Goalkeepers sometimes miss the ball with their outstretched hand by a large distance, but the ball bounces away off some invisible barrier. The ball can even go through a goalkeeper's chest and into the net.
  • Players take far too long to recover when stumbling, resulting in opposition players being able to collect the ball.
  • The game is sometimes very unresponsive, pressing a button to perform an action can sometimes not be recognised for several seconds.
  • Referees give far more cards to human players than to CPU players. Human players are punished far more regularly than CPU players.
  • The new penalty camera makes it very difficult for the goalkeeper to guage the situation.
  • You cannot create a cup with a Champions League format in the game (a cup with two-leg group stage matches).
  • The WEFA League in the Master League does not represent the real Champions League format (with two-leg group stage matches).
  • The WEFA League in the Master League includes three teams from your own league, which does not happen in the real Champions League.
  • There is no need to remove teams every year, such as Egypt. Why do new teams have to replace old ones?
  • CPU "cheating" is more evident now more than ever. Sometimes your player will take an extra-long time to react to a loose ball so that the CPU player will reach it first, sometimes your player will take a few extra steps before taking a shot so that the CPU player can tackle the ball from him, sometimes your player runs away from the ball and you have to use the "super-cancel" button to bring them back - but then it is too late. Sometimes there is even an invisible barrier around CPU players that your player bounces off when you try tackling him.
  • The Master League needs to be scrapped. Using "points" instead of real currency is very poor. Not being able to switch jobs in your Master League career (for example, starting with a small team and then managing a bigger team later in your career) is very disappointing. Only having two divisions, and not enough teams from each country (so, for example, you have an English top division and then a multi-league bottom division, meaning that you can't have a single-country league structure like real life), is very unrealistic.
  • Lower-division teams need to be included, not just top-division teams.
  • Why were Newcastle and Tottenham chosen for the two English Premier League license spots? Manchester United have won the Premier League title back from Chelsea, Chelsea finished a close second and won the title the year before, Liverpool have been in two Champions League finals in three seasons and Arsenal are one of England's biggest sides (currently top of the Premier League in the 07/08 season).
  • The Fantasista mode of Winning Eleven J-League Club Championship 2007 (where you controlled one player through his career) should be a part of the PES series, not just the WE series.
  • Players occasionally "skate" along the ground when switching between animations.
  • Running animations look ridiculous, some players nearly hit their backside with their heels when you press sprint. This does not look like real-life running.
  • Crowd graphics are poor, pixelated and ugly.
  • All goal-nets are now the same, when they used to be different in different stadia.
  • The English commentator, Mark Lawrenson, is a terrible voiceover artist. His commentary doesn't sound at all realistic.
  • Every time a player kicks the ball it makes a loud "thud" sound. You would not hear this noise from the distance of the camera in real life.
  • Players constantly use Brazil and Barcelona online, there should be a reward system where if you use a poorer team to win, you get more points.
  • There are only eight directions of movement. In reality a player can move 360-degrees.
  • Please consider cancelling the development of current-gen games and concentrate on PC/PS3/Xbox 360 versions only. Please consider rebuilding the game from scratch to take advantage of new technology. There are so many problems in the game from old versions - it is time that the game was rebuilt.

REMOVED FEATURES

• (PC ONLY) In-game chat messaging has been removed.
  • (PS3/XBOX 360 ONLY) You can no longer control the CPU sides in tournaments, meaning that you can't play multiplayer tournaments and control the team your opponent is facing.
  • Online 2v2 play has been removed.
  • The "rematch" option when playing an unranked game is no longer available.
  • Community mode (where the scores are recorded for each profile) has been removed.
  • Spectator mode has been removed.
  • The "International Challenge" mode, which includes World Cup Qualification, has been removed.
  • In the edit mode, the ability to edit the emblems of unlicensed teams has been removed.
  • The boot editor has been removed.
  • The option to untuck a player's shirt in edit mode has been removed.
  • The kit selection option has been removed. This results in several matches being played in same-colour kits.
  • Stock formations are no longer available when playing a league.
  • You can no longer turn off replays in the game settings menu.
  • You can no longer select a camera angle number.
  • You can no longer remove the radar from the screen.
  • The off-screen player indicator, an arrow that appears at the side of the screen when your selected player is not in view, has been removed.
  • The "percentage of completed passes" statistic has been removed from the match summary.
  • The snow weather condition has been removed.

Last edited:

Liverpool have been in two successive Champions League finals in two seasons. 2 in 3.

All in all that's awesome. They'd look at that and they'd be scratching their heads for ages and ages.

That's a lot of work, so the sooner they have that the better. That's providing they take any notice of it in the first place!

Cheers, fixed (I think, if I understood you properly - it's 3:40am, forgive me if I've misunderstood).

As for "providing they take any notice of it in the first place"... As I said in the first place, I doubt they'll listen, but as someone who used to love PES and now cannot stand the game, I feel like I at least have to try to get through to them.

(Even though I've tried three times since the turn of the millennium, and failed.)

But at least my complaints with this year's version are being echoed around the world.

“Try and fail, but don't fail to try.”

You're doing a good job. Ball will be in their court. A collective effort and you never know.

I see that in some points you specify PC only and etc but in some u dont why? At least specify its for like all versions or PC/PS3/PS2. I hope they take this into account for all versions including PS2, which they might ignore in the future.

Good points. Not sure where this should be sent.. I guess send it to all Konamis (UK, Germany, France, Japan, etc) hoping theres a better chance of it going through.

I see that in some points you specify PC only and etc but in some u dont why? At least specify its for like all versions or PC/PS3/PS2. I hope they take this into account for all versions including PS2, which they might ignore in the future.
The points that don't have "PS3 ONLY" or whatever apply to all versions, hence why there is no restriction next to them.

Jack, don't forget to send my love to Seabass aswell. ;)

Good effort, I salute you. I've managed to hog some hours of FIFA from my brothers 360, and I love it. Besides some AI issues and the occasional unbalanced gameplay (like opponents reacting instantaneously to a sudden stop or turn from you and beating you to the ball even though you had the element of surprise on your side), it is a really nice game. I hope they improve further for 09, and I perhaps won't need to long for ISS98 ever again.

Well done Jack, i think you have covered just about the whole thing without actually coming out and saying what i am thinking, that the game is crap!! I suspect Konami know its crap too, but i like the idea that through you, this community of fans, and lets not mess about, thats what we are, a loyal band of followers that have genuine concerns for the series that we have grown to love, there is a voice, i for one hope that the voice is heard by seabass himself and that the 2009 installment will make as all sit back and smell the grass!!!!
I think we need to send the letter to every konami address we can, plus, maybe to some of the gaming mags, even a few column inches may well do the trick.

Good work as always JB, the time and effort you put into this forum never ceases to amaze me. I wish there was a way we all digitally sign it too.. :applause: :applause:

When you haven't had a job for a year it's easy to get carried away. I'm still secretly hoping someone sees the effort I put into this and offers me a job as a data miner. *Pushes glasses up face*

I was wondering if we should make it a petition actually and see how many signatures we get, but it's one of those things isn't it... Most online petitions turn into a running joke, nobody signs it and the company doesn't care anyway.

I'm just thinking how we could put a little weight behind it, maybe send it to Games magazines etc... You could be our spokesman.. ;)

I think that's definitely what needs doing, Konami only take notice of magazines rather than the customers (remember the shitstorm that came out of the first bad review, THEY'RE REVIEWING OLD CODE :cry: etc).

Thanks for the big effort Jack...i don't agree with all the complaints but a lot of what you said is true...
I'm quite sure that the shit already has hit the fan in Japan, lets hopee they receive similar letters form other fan forums.
Maybe i'm too late with this, but i have a few suugestions:

- why trying to make a game every year???? with the possibility of downloadable content it is possible to have roster update for all (next gen platforms). Most fans are willing to pay (a smaller amount than a full game of course) for yearly roster updates.
- The PSP version will come out on january 8, that means that the team rosters will be out of date at the launch of the game, will there be a free update available????
- In the past the lack of licenses has proved to be a blessing in disguise. The lack of licenses has meant that alle over the world several communities have occurred
. Those big communities have made correct kits, appearances and stats. Will Konami attempt to implicate that community to the game and to the online aspect of the game. Will Konami attempt to listen to the thousands (millions) of hardcore fans (cfr. SIgames forums)????

also add they have removed been able to change nationality with the other c players

Jack, Great work I am so glad I mentioned that you should do this as its proven yet again that you can bring sense to any issue. If you want a few more exmaples about players in the wrong team..My favourite is Newcastle who I support they are the licenced team of this year, however Solano is still in the Squad and Beye and Faye are missing. I excuse Krul and others on Loan but a my Right back who I cannot play with online gets on my nerves....

Again Excellent Documented evidence...

One MASSIVE issue for me is the fact that you can no longer have Master League battles with your mates unless you ditch the development of players which also removes any rookies. I spent weeks preparing my team and building up some really promising rookies etc. only to find their stats and ages reverted to defaults when you play in Exhibition mode against a mates team. TOTALLY UNFORGIVABLE KONAMI! WHY??????? what happened to saving "My Best Eleven"? What also happened to the section where all your PVP master league matches were recorded?

PLEASE add this to your list under FACTUAL and REMOVED FEATURES along with the request to be able to pass a free-kick backwards (especially in your own half) in SUBJECTIVE.

Let's hope something good will come of this for the next game??

Last edited:

Don't forget the fact that when the opposition have a throw-in on one side, your winger, who plays on the opposite side, comes across the pitch to defend the throw-in for some reason. :shock:

Jack,

I would also stress how good WE7FE and others have been in the series they have got it very right in the past and need to review how they did it and then take it forward.

ps3 version
General complaints:
This games lost every beauty it had before!
1)less sponsored kits[-X.We expected at least the same.
2)Poor ball kits and ugly.there are other sponsors NOT only ADIDAS!!!
3)TERRIBLE goal posts kits(+ those horrible sandbags)[-X
4)Decreased number of editable kits...WHY???
5)Decreased number of stadiums...WHY???
6)Awfull camera views![-X
7)Very severe referees(they whistle and book with minimum contacts).WHY???
8)WE WANT BACK THE BUNDESLIGA LEAGUE AGAIN!!!
9)Incredible off-side whistls(even if the player is on the same line of the defender)
10)WHO CARES OF THE DOG HEAD KITS???This is not a POKEMON game!!!
Dear KONAMI authors take a good look of the jobs that amateur editors do for this game and you will understand the delusion and the mistakes you did.Start working for the joy of the gameplayers and not only for your profit!We expecting much more of you.Not this
crap!

Don't forget the fact that when the opposition have a throw-in on one side, your winger, who plays on the opposite side, comes across the pitch to defend the throw-in for some reason. :shock:

This.

Haven't been playing this version till recently because of college, life, and the like but this just stands out. It's absolutely retarded and so easy to take advntage of because a cross field ball in PES 2008 travels at warp speed so the throw in is taken and passed to the free man in acres of space on the other side.

Also extremely irritating is the fact that the right full back always forms a one man wall when a free kick is given in your own half not in goal range so, like before, the left side of the field has acres of space for the computer/human opponent to attack.

And that's just the extent of the problems from only a few playthroughs while inebriated. I'm not even going to bother reading this thread (although it''s purpose is very noble and I hope Konami pay at least some attention) because ignorance is bliss and I'll try to enjoy it for what it's worth. Single player is just too frustrating and under-developed for me to ever play it again but multiplayer can still be fun.

So in the format:

Factual
- Wingers drift to wrong side during opponent throw in
- Full backs form walls out of position

Personal
- Cross field balls and long passes in general are too fast and unrealistic
- Single player is wholly underdeveloped

Back
Top Bottom