The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

You better translate whatever letter you send into Japanese otherwise you're wasting your time.

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PS) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

Well i shall add the problem that you can not load images from the HDD in order to edit players.

Maybe not such a bad idea to make a few suggestions too...

1 Make use of the massive PES community (kits, boots appearances, stats...other companies do it too).
2 online suggestions:

a Online Ml with in the exhibition mode (i.e. with the actual teams like they are in the game)
b Online Ml with user created teams (every single player is created by the users and this within certain limits, this to make sure that all teams have more or less the same strength).

3. other community related activities and content.

My Message ,,, Just Get Of Ur Arses Nokami And Make A gAME That is worth the money we pay for it !!!!

I spoke with konami yesterday and i told the guy i bought the ps3 version which was plagued with issues, he told me on a personal level to return the ps3 version and excahnge it for an xbox version despite there being a patch within 2 weeks, to me that indicated that the ps3 version wouldnt be fixed to the level of the xbox version.

edit: sry forgot to say im lucky enough to have both consoles!

PlayStation 3

Factual:
- unable to register players into national teams after several successful transfers on the same team i.e. Tunisia.

- Red Star Belgrade is spelt as Red Star Beograde

Crvena Zvezda Beograd is a real name (not Red Star Belgrade)

Factual

Standard Dribble Speed of players is over exagerated especially with Barcelona where 6 of their players can run faster than any player on the pitch. I accept Henry, Messi, Ronni, Eto are fast and I can probably except that on double tapping the sprint button they should be able to outpace my defenders but on single sprint they canno tbe caught and Inesta, Deco and Poyol are not that fast in real life. this is why Barca are the online team of this version with nearly everyone picking them.

Factual,

If you are downloading anything from the PSN when trying to play PES2008 even offline the game crashes and requires you to reboot the PS3 at the switch as all functions are disabled.

Factual:
Still unable to pass backwards from a free kick. Mostly given very few options if still in your own half.
Appauling chat options in online. R3 chat is a joke and unable to edit the in-game messages. Most of the default ones are retarded.

Last edited:

Factual:
Still unable to pass backwards from a free kick. Mostly given very few options if still in your own half.
Appauling chat options in online. R3 chat is a joke and unable to edit the in-game messages. Most of the default ones are retarded.

Actually yes they have taken out the ability for you to amend the messages, although thats not a bad thing as people can't say things about my mum now...

Actually yes they have taken out the ability for you to amend the messages, although thats not a bad thing as people can't say things about my mum now...

So many replies rushed through my head then mate!!!
I've decided to leave it ;)

Take a look at this site: http://rescue-pes.de.vu
Maybe it's not such a bad idea to join them and do something together.
i find PES2008 better than most here but i too think that Konami should receive a message that the fans are fed up...

Stop complaining, loads of people complained about Pro Evo 6 because it was to much like 5. But when awesome patches came out we all played it.

Players running like F16´s, they have wings, you can make maradona s goals in every games you play;
slowdons, poor graphics;
lag;
shirts selection;
no repeat in treining mode;
where is the stadiums??
pitch ridiculous, the grass with badest colours;
edit mode without possible to make shirts, badges, etc...
bad music,
english premier league with only 3 teams licenced;
etc
etc
etc...

THE WORST PES EVER!

come back isspro98!!
and i want my money back, konami!!!

500 euros ps3 + 70 euros (pes2008)
where is the game of next generation?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

PS3

Personal+Factual

Other Teams 3 and the ML second division.
I thought what a great idea having a full 20 team 2nd div so i could create 20 championship sides and have a great ML. So they remove the option to use them. WHY?

Scan Editing.
Unbelievable! (i thought) limited to 8 pictures. On a 60GB machine WHY?

PERSONAL GRIPE.
How come pc gamers can totally modify their PES, and on my next gen PS3 with internet compatability can do sweet f.a.

I praise your idea JB, but please people be serious and don't even waste a single line with non-sense complaints like "bad music". First the music is not that bad, and second WHO THE FUCKING CARES ABOUT MUSIC???? Just EA junkies, and that is all (no personal offense to anyone):

First of all I want to say that I like the game, but clearly is not the revolution we expected, and the worst part of all is the slowdown specially in replays (in-game there is almost no slowdowns at all, even with stadium effects ON).

I have PS3 version!

Factual complaints:

- Edit mode must be completed (I agree with the guy that said every single thing in the game should be customizable). Badges, players, teams, etc. Unlimited pictures loaded via PS3 HDD. Unlimited slots to create our teams. Etc etc etc
- Fix the slowdowns
- More stadiums (less than last gen versions=BAD)
- More leagues (licensed or not). I suggest Portugal, Brazil and Argentina leagues. If other, better yet.

Factual complaints:

- Players are unstoppable. Even with Nesta or Puyol you can run from one penalty box to the other one.
- Graphics are fine, but could be better (honestly this is the complaint I less understand, the graphics are pretty good, could be better, but they are GOOD, not bad). Slowdowns don't mean bad graphics, mean BAD CODING/PROGRAMMING.
- Camera angles back.
- Shirt selection and short/shirt selection back.
- Menus can be improved (they are not so bad, but they can be much better)
- Goodbye CPU cheating (I win almost every game, but the CPU cheats are pretty annoying, and they are for sure)
- One thing that also annoys me is that the players stamina drains too fast. Example: if you play with Maldini one game, in the other his stamina bar is at 25%. No way! He can play only half of the games. Only players with 85 stamina or more can play all the games and that is UNREAL. Seedorf/Pirlo/Kaka/Gilardino plays a lot of consecutive games with no clear drain on his physique/stamina. This is just stupid, last version was probably the other end, but now the stamina drains too deep and quickly (if you know what I mean).
- Licensed boots/balls from other brands (Nike, anyone? Also Reebok, Puma, etc.)
- Emblems added to the game for editing (Puma, Nike, etc, and some sponsors if you want... thos included in the licensed kits would be nice).

And the final complaint which resumes all:

PLEASE KONAMI, DON'T SELL US A GAME WHICH IS HALF BAKED, HALF MADE, HALF FINISHED! WE, YOUR CUSTOMERS, DESERVE RESPECT!

I can go on but for now I think it is enough. Any innovation on gameplay (i.e. speed a bit slower) it is welcomed, but the game is good now, with the changes I suggest.

Praises to the dictator JB!! I mean... mod!! :lmao:

Last edited:

I praise your idea JB, but please people be serious and don't even waste a single line with non-sense complaints like "bad music". First the music is not that bad, and second WHO THE FUCKING CARES ABOUT MUSIC????
Mate, we are on the same page. Don't worry. It's subjective anyway, of course; some people love the music... Some very strange people, but they do. Anything about music etc. (i.e. that which is subjective) will go in a seperate, "suggestions" letter. But the primary letter is the bugs/glitches/steps-backwards letter.

How long before you're ready to send JB?
Good question; there's plenty of stuff now but I'm just worried I'm going to miss an excellent post from somebody. I think this is a good time to send it though, enough people have played it for a long enough period of time to see all the faults. So I'll get typing it up over the next week or so. God help me.

good luck kid, remember to include this, there are people like me, who have played pro since iss on ps1, this is the first game i haven't bought on launch. And until konami show the kind of willingness to improve the game like they had in the past, i and we wont be buying it.

So who cares about music? Who cares about commentary?

I think the reason we are sending this letter is because we want a better game and it would be very good for Konami to listen to their fans.

Personally, i think gameplay, tactic options and gamemodes are the most important things that i like in PES but why should we conform ourselves with just that?

PES should improve in every aspect of the game. I think Konami should take maybe more than one year to release a new version, it seems they are always rushed and deliver games unfinished or without any improvement from previous versions.

Anyone like Starcraft Broodwar? Well, this game is for PC and it is still popular. Blizzard, the company that created it has announced StarCraft2. They still havent anounced a release date, because they want the game to be better than the 1st one, which was an awesome game. Quite a difference with Konami dont you think?

JUST ONE BLODDY THING I WANT

FIX THE FACE AND KIT IMPORT BUG

Version: ALL

Factual complaint:
- PS3 version is unplayable

Personal complaints:
- Still no decent 1 player mode. This goes for ages now. Have a look at Fifa 08 or even the old mighty Sensible World of Soccer to learn how to do a decent one replacing the silly Master League. Licenses doesn't matter as long as full editing is possible
- We need MORE teams! Loads more, again look at fifa 08 or swos
- Possibility to edit ALL teams name,shirts,badges,etc. Even licensed ones as we might want to replace them by any other

I do think Konami won't bother reading this, but it doesn't matter trying...

Fact

You cant stock formations anymore when you're doing a league of any kind. I'm referring to previous games where you could press start and then STOCK FORMATION without going into formation menu.

also in the patch take barca out!!!

lol

About the music, it is not about deserve more, it is more about the music is fine now, I really don't care. The game needs to be improved, not the music!

Back
Top Bottom