The official Beijing Olympics Thread

China treat Tibet really badly (alot of history) and alot of their citizens (Chinese) do not get some of the basic human rights like freedom of speech and everything is censored etc.

I read that they have banned English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish flags. Only the Union Jack can be waved - Is this true?

If so it just highlights the way Chinese government are harsh dictators that do not deserve to hold an olympic games.

Their government use alot of Agression against any protestors against them - even the most peaceful. Recently with the Tibeten monks being savagely beaten for protesting.

With there Censorship, aggression and oppression it just shows they have a lot of things to Hide and how can anybody trust that?!

If it is true that they demolished peoples houses for the games and its infrastructure to happen and then not compensate these people - then that is one of the most disgusting things I have heard and if True I am ashamed that we have agreed to partake in this Olympic games and so should other countries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBnHMpHGRY&feature=related

All you really need to know about Chinese "Government"'s treatment of human rights... They did this to their own people in Beijing...

Saw the opening ceremony yesterday. What a fantastic spectacle, the discipline those performers had. Whoah.

I have a feeling the London Olympics will just be a few fireworks some computerised lighting thing and a bit of singing.

guys,do you really understanding the history of China?have you been China?have you been Xizang(Tibet)?
i just want to say it again "Stop lying"!do not fooled by the medias plz!

Welcome to China.
You will know the true Tibet and China.
Stop lying by western medias plz!

Yes the western media lies, all Chinese people are free, all Chinese people have freedom of speech, the internet is not censored in China, people can visit every website on the internet right? People can freely and openly discuss their personal and political and religious beliefs without fear of arrest or persecution right?

http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=11008&size=A

About 270 Christian leaders are arrested in Shandong for reading Bible together
The underground Protestant clergymen had gathered in Linyi’s Hedeng district where police, coming from 12 different towns, arrested them. About 150 are still in prison. A secret campaign to “normalise” underground Protestant Churches is still underway.

Welcome to the free and true China......

man that sounds terrible. i can see why alot of people are not watching the olympics. pathetic realy. tehre gvoermant sounds like a bunh cof retards and heres me thinking mr brown/Blair are bad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

http://zh-yue.wikipedia.org/wiki/六四事件

I like China, and I like Chinese people, but the "Government" is very cruel to it's own people.

lol, dude, do more research of China. Not only learn knowledge from wiki, everyone could edit and supplement it. Useless, You can think about how mess up if I use wiki for my paper work.:DANCE:

Nowadays people should know how to get rid of brainwash or single-way thinking. I mean the global world, whatever, whoever, wherever.

Last edited:
lol, dude, do more research of China. Not only learn knowledge from wiki, everyone could edit and supplement it. Useless, You can think about how mess up if I use wiki for my paper work.:DANCE:

Nowadays people should know how to get rid of brainwash or single-way thinking. I mean the global world, whatever, whoever, wherever.

Well I actually remember the event back in 1989. But since you don't believe it happend here are more links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/4/newsid_2496000/2496277.stm
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB16/documents/index.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/jun/01/china.johngittings
http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/tiananmen/

Why don't you tell us a little bit about it all then?

Explain why what we are saying is wrong - and put an Argument forward. Don't just keep saying random sentances saying we are wrong.

Look I know the media are arseholes - I am married to an Israeli Lady and I believed everything the news was telling me before. It wasn't till I went to Israel and heard about what was actually going on there and met the people that I realised alot of things were not true.

So I understand what you are saying - but you should give an argument for what you are saying and not just tell us we are wrong.

So what? More declassified document? Pictures? Videos? :LOL:

Look at the big picture, not only these links. Some is truth, some is shit. And retrieving same things from the same place then repeat that thousands times doesnot mean anything. May be it works for most ordinary people, But not for all history researcher.

Why don't you tell us a little bit about it all then?

Explain why what we are saying is wrong - and put an Argument forward. Don't just keep saying random sentances saying we are wrong.

Look I know the media are arseholes - I am married to an Israeli Lady and I believed everything the news was telling me before. It wasn't till I went to Israel and heard about what was actually going on there and met the people that I realised alot of things were not true.

So I understand what you are saying - but you should give an argument for what you are saying and not just tell us we are wrong.

I doesnot matter you believe it or not, and by the way, I never saying you are wrong. Be you self.:LOL:

So what? More declassified document? Pictures? Videos? :LOL:

Look at the big picture, not only these links. Some is truth, some is shit. And retrieving same things from the same place then repeat that thousands times doesnot mean anything. May be it works for most ordinary people, But not for all history researcher.

History researchers usually get their information from people that were around at the time. Diary's, newspaper reports - Eye witness reports etc

Were you there? do you know anything different? If so tell us!!

Stop dismissing everything and laughing and actually tell us something!!

Event took place but very very limited documents had been approved, The description of the event might be over estimated.
Assertive arguements not equal to the truth.

Why haven't they been approved? - why is there little documentation?

Maybe because the Government has supressed this information and will not let anybody talk about it?

Anyway it looks like you don't know much about it - you are just playing Devils advocate, which isn't a bad thing to do and it makes people think.

But I don't think you have changed peoples minds because you haven't backed it up with anything.

I'm not a big fan of China's government, but I do think that a lot of the reports are overemphasized by western media and governments to put pressure on China, since it is developing to be a major powerhouse in politics, economics and military.

Lets try to keep this thread about the actual olympics, some people actually enjoy them! Like me! There are many things I don't agree with, but the Olympics was never going to be cancelled, so I'm going to watch them, much like buying child-labour made products (supported by the local governments to stimulate jobs).

Why haven't they been approved? - why is there little documentation?

Maybe because the Government has supressed this information and will not let anybody talk about it?

Anyway it looks like you don't know much about it - you are just playing Devils advocate, which isn't a bad thing to do and it makes people think.

But I don't think you have changed peoples minds because you haven't backed it up with anything.

Your comment is personal, I feel sorry for you.

My last word is 'Everyone, be yourself.' :LOL:

It's not personal as I agree with him.

So you're keep avoiding answering ?
I may be a fool, but please give us proofs that contredict everything that has been said here ;). If you're sorry for us it's sad.

Day 2 :
We got 3 medals today : but no gold :(.

Yeah on a lighter note.. I watched the Women's Football yesterday and it was awful. For the first 2 or 3 minutes there was not a single pass that went to a teammate (apart from the kick off) they were just lumping it from one end to the other and fouling each other it was terrible.

Team GB won a gold today so thats good at least we got one!

I watched 20 minutes oif the Japan game and I thought they were doing good : a lot of team spirit and short passes, it was very different of the style that men are playing but enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom