The official Beijing Olympics Thread

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Might as well start this off now. anyone gunna watch the ceremony? if its online i might take a peak at it this lunch time. i usualy watch the ceremony and see each country come out.

great stuff but im just abit upset that we will miss alot of teh action this time round seeing as most of teh events takes place in early hours!

come GB and the philippines. do your fellow countrymen proud
smile.gif
Love the olympics and looking forward to the tennis event especialy
smile.gif
smile.gif

Anyone even watch anything else besides the footie?

I'm guessing it's fun watching some dudes trowing discs on ice and using some sort of brooms.

Very nice goal btw.

It's an Aussie cop drama, great show :) I watched some olympic boxing in past years but that's the only event that remotely interests me, and that doesn't interest me all that much. Last decent olympics was 84 with Daly Thompson winning the gold, watched that in a caravan in Cleethorpes with my Dad :)

I don't watch all the sports, but I think its good for the athletes in it. Gives people something to play for and to pursue sports further. Its also a nice global gathering event. But every time politics arise, such as the boycotting stuff, it annoys me because it just shows how our world has to do with money and politics.

I don't watch all the sports, but I think its good for the athletes in it. Gives people something to play for and to pursue sports further. Its also a nice global gathering event. But every time politics arise, such as the boycotting stuff, it annoys me because it just shows how our world has to do with money and politics.

unfortunatley mate, as you grow older everything has to do with politics and money, work, your friends, your wifes parents, relatives, etc... and im not talking national politics, im talking you will need to learn the art of politics just to get on in life... and money will cause you much strife, at least for most of us.. sucks, but its reality

Well generally I don't care about the olympics, my country isn't represented ;)

Besides that I don't think China should have hosted due to their human rights and freedom of speech abuses.

Man this opening was some really really good shit. The best I have ever seen by miles.

I will watch Blanka Vlašić..she is the main favourite for gold..and she is nice to see :P

I will also watch rowers..gotta watch handball, waterpolo, basketball, tennis..and football of course

I cannot forget 100m..and 110m with hurdels

can someone explain to me the politics side of the olympics please with all this protest and what not

can someone explain to me the politics side of the olympics please with all this protest and what not

China treat Tibet really badly (alot of history) and alot of their citizens (Chinese) do not get some of the basic human rights like freedom of speech and everything is censored etc.

I read that they have banned English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish flags. Only the Union Jack can be waved - Is this true?

If so it just highlights the way Chinese government are harsh dictators that do not deserve to hold an olympic games.

Their government use alot of Agression against any protestors against them - even the most peaceful. Recently with the Tibeten monks being savagely beaten for protesting.

With there Censorship, aggression and oppression it just shows they have a lot of things to Hide and how can anybody trust that?!

If it is true that they demolished peoples houses for the games and its infrastructure to happen and then not compensate these people - then that is one of the most disgusting things I have heard and if True I am ashamed that we have agreed to partake in this Olympic games and so should other countries.

Back
Top Bottom