1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The official Beijing Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jonneymendoza, 8 August 2008.

1. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    Might as well start this off now. anyone gunna watch the ceremony? if its online i might take a peak at it this lunch time. i usualy watch the ceremony and see each country come out.

great stuff but im just abit upset that we will miss alot of teh action this time round seeing as most of teh events takes place in early hours!

come GB and the philippines. do your fellow countrymen proud [​IMG] Love the olympics and looking forward to the tennis event especialy [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Anyone see Giovinco's goal vs Honduras??? Stunner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9XL8he0lc

Anyway, Kobe Bryant says he might take Italian citizenship!!! He wants to buy a house in Italy, he already speaks fluent Italian and lived in Italy until he was 18.

3. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Anyone even watch anything else besides the footie?

I'm guessing it's fun watching some dudes trowing discs on ice and using some sort of brooms.

Very nice goal btw.

4. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Im going to be watching all of Italy's sports, the main ones, such as swimming and volleyball. We usually get golds in these.

5. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Never seen so much marketing on something I can only describe as boring... meh...

6. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    I may watch one or two of the track and field stuff that's all probably...
    I'm of the opinion the number of events could and should be halved, it's become a bloated sow of thing now...

7. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Fuck the olympics! No City Homicide until it's over :(

8. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    What's that when it's on? :SS

9. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    It's an Aussie cop drama, great show :) I watched some olympic boxing in past years but that's the only event that remotely interests me, and that doesn't interest me all that much. Last decent olympics was 84 with Daly Thompson winning the gold, watched that in a caravan in Cleethorpes with my Dad :)

10. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I don't watch all the sports, but I think its good for the athletes in it. Gives people something to play for and to pursue sports further. Its also a nice global gathering event. But every time politics arise, such as the boycotting stuff, it annoys me because it just shows how our world has to do with money and politics.

11. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    usa beat japan, im going to be into the soccer and bball, and maybe the sprinters

12. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Basketball is always good in the olympics, so is football and volleyball.

13. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    unfortunatley mate, as you grow older everything has to do with politics and money, work, your friends, your wifes parents, relatives, etc... and im not talking national politics, im talking you will need to learn the art of politics just to get on in life... and money will cause you much strife, at least for most of us.. sucks, but its reality

14. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Well generally I don't care about the olympics, my country isn't represented ;)

Besides that I don't think China should have hosted due to their human rights and freedom of speech abuses.

15. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    Handball is the best ;).

16. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Man this opening was some really really good shit. The best I have ever seen by miles.

17. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    FREE TIBET !!!

18. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    I agree

19. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    UK already saying our opening will be better... Yeah right, we wont even be ready!!

Last edited: 8 August 2008
  20. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    UK opening will feature simulated stabbings of foreigners.......

21. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    With synchronized binge drinking and then the modern triathlon, first to down 15 pint's then stuff two fiery kibabs, followed by a mass brawl...

22. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sad but true :(

23. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    You can still give your OG to Paris if you feel you won't be able to organise them ;).

24. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    You can have them, we'll still be paying for 2012 in 2021... :((

25. fila

fila Facemaker

19 May 2008
    Šibenik, Croatia
    I will watch Blanka Vlašić..she is the main favourite for gold..and she is nice to see :P

I will also watch rowers..gotta watch handball, waterpolo, basketball, tennis..and football of course

I cannot forget 100m..and 110m with hurdels

26. The_Special_One

The_Special_One #helpmemeetgenie

17 August 2007
    Lovely Estoril
    #geniearmy
    Agree.

27. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Theyve already said that 2012 will feature stuff such as breakdancing and Caribbean music etc. Tbh I can't see that being good....

28. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    can someone explain to me the politics side of the olympics please with all this protest and what not

29. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    China treat Tibet really badly (alot of history) and alot of their citizens (Chinese) do not get some of the basic human rights like freedom of speech and everything is censored etc.

I read that they have banned English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish flags. Only the Union Jack can be waved - Is this true?

If so it just highlights the way Chinese government are harsh dictators that do not deserve to hold an olympic games.

Their government use alot of Agression against any protestors against them - even the most peaceful. Recently with the Tibeten monks being savagely beaten for protesting.

With there Censorship, aggression and oppression it just shows they have a lot of things to Hide and how can anybody trust that?!

If it is true that they demolished peoples houses for the games and its infrastructure to happen and then not compensate these people - then that is one of the most disgusting things I have heard and if True I am ashamed that we have agreed to partake in this Olympic games and so should other countries.

30. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    QFT.