The official Beijing Olympics Thread

The population of GB is about the same as the whole of Italy.

Really it all boils down to the fact we are the best indoor cycling nation, probably overall the best rowing nation and we've done well in the Pool.

Best hopes on the track? Oghurugu.

Last edited:
At last, a medal for Portugal, Silver in the Women's Triathlon.

2rdbtvt.jpg

Last edited:
The Basketball thing: why are the english and americans so damn uptight?

Marca reminded that the americans did this at the 2006 championships in Japan:

1218698005_1.jpg

The military salute, which supposedly offended the people of Japan.

Again I ask, why? Because of something that happened 60 years ago? Wtf?

Everyone should listen to people like Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Lewis Black, and just chill.

If a group of oriental people made the opposite, and made their eyes round to poke a little fun at westerners, would any of you be offended by that? Jesus Christ.

all that picture above shows is that the japanese and marca know nothing about our culture or customs..., but in know way did that have anything to do with japan or WWII, the japanese took it the wrong way, and i can understand why they would be offended, but it was done out of context, im sorry but what the spaniards did was in context... and its hilarious how marca can confuse racisim with that.. and its also ironic those three guys are black

Last edited:
Another set of idiots, the olympics have nothing to do with anything military, it's a stupid if not ill thought out and imature gesture.
They no doubt claim they are doing it to show there support to their fellow Americans involved in the various conflicts around the globe... :CONF:

so you heard they reason they did this was to show support for the wars american forces are in right now? where are the quotes. Lots of people here salute the flag, and it has nothign to do with the military.

so you heard they reason they did this was to show support for the wars american forces are in right now? where are the quotes. Lots of people here salute the flag, and it has nothign to do with the military.

What you do in your own back yard is different to an international event though don't you think gomito, I thought the old hand on heart was the usual thing to do... I'm not condemning I just think it's a little ill advised..

What you do in your own back yard is different to an international event though don't you think gomito, I thought the old hand on heart was the usual thing to do... I'm not condemning I just think it's a little ill advised..

i guess, but thats always been a fault of americans abroad... its ignorance more then out and out stupidity, those three guys probably never took a history test in there lifes! and not because there black, cause there elite athletes and elite athletes in the united states are treated better then royalty in england, but yes its ill advised, but to compare it to an overt racist act is way dumber

Thing is someone compared the eyes thing here to other forms of racism like, making monkey sounds to upset black players.

Well, the chinese DO HAVE narrow eyes. Black people are obvioulsy not monkeys.

I don't think it's anywhere close, the two examples i wrote about above.

The fake slit eyed thing is making fun of Chinese people, thus it's denigrating a race of people, just as monkey chants are done to denigrate a race of people, it's all racism from the same hymn book.

Thing is someone compared the eyes thing here to other forms of racism like, making monkey sounds to upset black players.

Well, the chinese DO HAVE narrow eyes. Black people are obvioulsy not monkeys.

I don't think it's anywhere close, the two examples i wrote about above.

not all chinese have narrow eyes! jesus christ.

Funny how Sprinting captures the imaginations so much.

Chris Hoy won three gold medals in one games and broke every record avaliable, invidually and team wise. He got a day or two of adulation along with the rest of the golden brits, won't last as long as Bolt's for effectively doing the same thing, racing other competitors.

That bolt is amazing though, he can go faster to. Just looks so casual. His stride is bigger than everyone else, but still puts his power effectively on the track like a shorter person would.

Funny how Sprinting captures the imaginations so much.

Chris Hoy won three gold medals in one games and broke every record avaliable, invidually and team wise. He got a day or two of adulation along with the rest of the golden brits, won't last as long as Bolt's for effectively doing the same thing, racing other competitors.

That bolt is amazing though, he can go faster to. Just looks so casual. His stride is bigger than everyone else, but still puts his power effectively on the track like a shorter person would.

We don't like winners in this country, it's damn weird the guy would be a god in the States if he was American, or french in France... :SS

shocking judging in all the contact sports. Luckily the judges just overthrown a bizare decision in favour of the Chinese in Taekwondo.

But that 17ry old lad the other day clearly hit the Chinese dude about 50 times in the face and didn't get any points, in fact he was peanalised!

Looks like the Russians have overtaken us :(

badly hurt by the BMX and Tripe Jump Failure.

Funny how the top four in the table are probably the four major millitary powers.

he was leading and got disqualified, that kick was soft btw if your going to get banned for life at least do something better :DUMMY:

Best part of the olympics so far

When competetors attack referee's

_44953436_matos_getty.jpg

The ref looks like he needs a Carrot!!

It was crazy - I couldn't believe it when they showed it. What a Prick!!! - He is banned from every tournament now.

Back
Top Bottom