The Movies Thread

way to spoil the film for others lads!

I also thought Will could have just threw the grenade then with the 10 sec delay, dive into the hidehole thing and shut it, throwing the grenade saying bye bye to the aninmated freaks

NO SPOILERS lads! Some people might not have seen it yet (including me)!

Use:

these tags!

:)

They're not zombies. Zombies are walking dead people. They were just infected. I think in the book they were supposed to be vampires, hence the not being able to go into the light.

They're not zombies. Zombies are walking dead people. They were just infected. I think in the book they were supposed to be vampires, hence the not being able to go into the light.

yeah ive never seen a zombie that had an a reaction to light...

or move so quick...

they usually have limbs falling off...

eyes missing....

it would have been a peace of piss for the fresh prince!!

Nah The Departed is alot better IMO...

and based on actual events...

the character Nicholson plays is based on a the 2nd most wanted guy on the FBI wanted list after Osama...

Whitey Bulger..

There is also a series on FX called Brotherhood about the same story...

yeah but it was a far stretch from whitey bulgers character and the events surrounding him, i read the book about it, much better then the movies, i think it was called "black mass" GREAT book, and the movie isnt really based on actual events but i can see how nicholson is based on whitey bulger

I'll add they are humans that have lost their humanity.

yeah but it was a far stretch from whitey bulgers character and the events surrounding him, i read the book about it, much better then the movies, i think it was called "black mass" GREAT book, and the movie isnt really based on actual events but i can see how nicholson is based on whitey bulger

im gonna seek that out...

you seen BrotherHood??

Theres lots of loop holes and loose ends in I Am Legend..could have been better and more detailed.

I just watched AMERICAN GANGSTER and it was mind blowing! It is somewhat on par with The Departed but Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe just burns everyone in this movie.Top notch acting which could lead to Oscars perhaps.

Downside of it is that whatever that is depicted in this movie is literally only about 20% true.It is based on a true story but most events on the movie is hyped up.It is a great watch,highly recommended.

Theres lots of loop holes and loose ends in I Am Legend..could have been better and more detailed.

I just watched AMERICAN GANGSTER and it was mind blowing! It is somewhat on par with The Departed but Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe just burns everyone in this movie.Top notch acting which could lead to Oscars perhaps.

Downside of it is that whatever that is depicted in this movie is literally only about 20% true.It is based on a true story but most events on the movie is hyped up.It is a great watch,highly recommended.

its okay, but missing something...

maybe cos frank lucas isnt really a personality, if had been about nickey barnes it may have had a little bit more to it..

the departed shits all over it tho...

knocked_up_ver2.jpg

Watched it with the missus, not usually my sort of thing, really enjoyed it though. Dags has told me to get Superbad so I am waiting for that to come in the post, he reckons it's really funny. :)

Knocked Up is great...can never get enough of Kat Heigl and her puppies...best new set of 'twins' on the sliverscreen in my opinion.Seth Rogen is also good in this movie.

Anybody seen Cloverfield???

Apart from getting visual nausea the first 10 minutes when the movie started and worse after the attack happened...this movie is nothing.

A few good thing was the visual effects and the way this movie was made(which is also a bad thing)...I mean,it would be no different if it was to be made like another monster movie like Godzilla...

7 out of 10 for me.

Over-hyped.End of.

Is SuperBad worth getting on Blu-Ray? £17.99 on Play.com, I'm extremely tempted.

And I'm gonna go watch Cloverfield regardless. I get the feeling its going to split the audience right down the middle on whether its good or not.

Got Sweeney Todd to see next week, really don't like the look of it, but if it means a day off college, then it's fine by me.

I got mine from there.

Yes its worth it, there are tons of extras.

Isn't Cloverfield out in early Feb over here?

Watched Superbad the other day. It was awesome. The last time I laughed this much was when I watched Knocked Up!

Will be watching Eastern Promises with some friends today.

Just finished watching. While not as epic as HOV, I think it was a great movie. It captured the Russian mafia atmosphere really well. Viggo Mortensen did an amazing performance yet again. And the fight scene was one of the best I have seen recently along with the one in Bourne Ultimatum.

its okay, but missing something...

maybe cos frank lucas isnt really a personality, if had been about nickey barnes it may have had a little bit more to it..

the departed shits all over it tho...

huh mate? you mean a real person, cause he was... but the movie is farce and most of it are out right lies, american gangster. The corrupt cops the movie portrays were busted some 10 years before, the DEA was never that corrupt, this is backed up by facts not something you see in a movie. In fact the kind that actually busted frank lucas was DEA and not some new jersey cop... that charcter was made up... but yeah frank lucas did exisit and he was just released from prison...

Back
Top Bottom