The Master League adventures thread

++ OFC transfer news ++ OFC transfer news ++ OFC transfer news ++

KARRER LANDS DREAM INTER MOVE

Kickers Offenbach officials confirmed two sales this morning, as Aristide Bancé agreed terms with FC Porto and Alexandre Karrer's 'dream' move to Inter was finalised.

The 24 year old midfielder was linked with a host of Bundesliga clubs this summer after coming to prominence during OFC's emphatic promotion push, but found the lure of the Serie A giants an opportunity not to be missed.

Kickers fans will be disappointed to lose another promising young player, along with Bancé, the 2.Liga's leading scorer last season, but will breathe a sigh of relief if this means that talismanic captain Peter Perchtold is set to stay with the club.

Rumours abounded that the Italians were watching Perchtold when scouts were spotted at the Bieberer Berg Stadion, but with the close of the transfer window imminent it appears that the influential midfielder, named the 2.Liga Player of the Season thanks to an impressive haul of 10 goals and 16 assists, will lead OFC's survival bid for the coming season.

het_taartincident_ontmaskerd.jpg

OFC SEEK STRENGTH WITH DOUBLE DUTCH SWOOP

Kickers Offenbach looked to bulk up for a testing Bundesliga campaign as two new signings jetted in from the Eredivisie.

Swedish international Fredrik Stenman arrives from FC Groningen for €4.85m to add further size to an increasingly imposing back line. The former Bayer Leverkusen defender can play centrally but is expected to slot in at left back, after contract talks with Sidney broke down and the Brazilian vacated the spot this summer.

Meanwhile Tim Janssen (pictured), a Dutch Under-21 European champion back in 2007, agreed personal terms with Kickers following the expiry of his contract with NEC Nijmegen.

The tall target man's arrival could quieten rumours that OFC were lining up a bid to bring back Hannover forward Dino Toppmöller, a former fan favourite at the Bieberer Berg Stadion who is reputedly seeking to leave his recently relegated club. Hannover, however, would be looking to recoup the cash they paid two years ago if the deal is to be reversed.

++ OFC transfer news ++ OFC transfer news ++ OFC transfer news ++

...which sets me up nicely to talk about another ML rule I'm experimenting with at the moment. The only thing I haven't liked about this enjoyable Offenbach ML is that I've been drowning in cash since the start. This might partly be down to a string of transfer fees from sale after sale (averaging at least two per season); money is no longer any concern.

I wanted a way of further regulating spending, to which end I've come up with a fairly arbitrary way of setting a budget. Basically, your salary budget is your transfer budget too. During one season, you cannot spend more than your wage total. Mine is about 11000 at the moment, so my transfer budget is the same (or €11m, as I sometimes think of it).

It forced a decision on me in this transfer window. I had already spent €4.6m on a young Swiss winger during the winter break, so I was limited in what I had remaining to spend in the summer. I could have blown the lot on Topmoller, who I'd love to have back and who is now interested in re-joining, but I was desperately in need of a left back and there were none available on free transfers. In the end I chose to spend the money on Stenman and pick up a free agent striker as a stop-gap, so the Topmoller bid will have to wait until at least the mid-season window.

Just thought I'd share that idea in case anyone wanted to have a go at adopting the same rule.

You are right Nerf about the money. I am swimming in money too although I didnt had such a good season. It sounds like a good rule.
Tim Jansen sounds like a good signing. Quite a few clubs were fighting for his signature last season. He chose NEC were he had quite a dissapointing season.
@Gerd
Pocognoli is a great left back. In the beginning he wasnt playing much but half way the season he fought his way back into the starting 11. He played rest of the season LMF or LB. A very promising player, just like the other Belgians at AZ. As far as I am aware there is not coming a fourth belgian to AZ...

NBSN_C3blondel.MM.jpg

Blondel leaves Club Brugge for AS Caen

Left midfielder Blondel who gave 13 assists last season leaves Brugge for AS Caen for an astonishing amount of € 6.3 million. The highest transfer ever for Brugge.
The assist king of last season was ready for a step higher: ''Caen is a stable, nice club and a division higher then Club Brugge. Now I can challenge my skills with the best of the world'', said Blondel.
GFK was not happy with the lost of one his best player: ''But I understand the chairman, such an offer you can't refuse. I wish Blondel all tthe best''

Hmm, a shame I had to let him go. He was really a usefull player with an good pass. Also a pity he was a Belgian; now I have to look for another Belgian player to keep the balance...

EMPOLI NEWS.....SERIE A.....EMPOLI NEWS....SERIE A....

EMPOLI DARE TO DREAM

a_LSaudatiEmpoli_412x232.jpg

Luca Saudati

With only five games left to the end of the Serie A season, three points currently separate what is a three horse race for the 2010/2011 Scudetto title. AC Milan (56) lie one point ahead of surprise challengers, Empoli (55), who themselves glance over their shoulders at Inter Milan (54), just one point behind the Azzurri in third place.

Empoli have staked their claim after a series of outstanding displays on the field. Most recently Professor Nutmeg's men came back from 2-0 down against Palermo, to win 3-2, Luca Saudati claiming the winning goal late on. Empoli's Rey Volpato currently leads the capocannoniere charts with 19 goals. His strike partner Daniele Corvia follows close behind with 17 goals to his name. Both will look to add to their tallies, if they wish to fire their club to a shock title, the likes of which hasn't been seen since Hellas Verona's 1984/1985 Scudetto victory.

Great run there Prof, if you could win it, that would be a big achievement...
And yes Corvia is doing splendid with 17 goals.

Yes, i can't quite believe it myself. Something is wrong :JAY: Is the computer being nice to me?

Still, i'm not complaining, as i haven't played like this for years. The table looks a bit different for a change, what with Empoli up there and Juventus down in 7th at the moment. Although they look like they're going to get up into the European places at some point, i'd think.

I'l let you know what happens. :))

EMPOLI FINISH SECOND

dh4dp5.jpg

Volpato was the league top scorer

Empoli FC were denied a maiden title by an efficient Inter Milan on the final day of the 2010/2011 Serie A season.

The Scudetto was decided on an exciting final day of action, where AC Milan, Inter and Empoli all looked to get their hands on the Scudetto.
Empoli travelled the short distance to Florence, for a derby showdown, while Inter faced Napoli away. Despite Empoli defeating Fiorentina 3-0, Inter's victory over Napoli kept the Nerazzurri's noses in front and handed them another title win, as Empoli finished agonisingly short as runners-up.

The Azzuri's title surge was helped by top scorer Rey Volpato's 22 goals and his partnership with Daniele Corvia, himself claiming 19 goals. The duo sent shockwaves through Serie A this season and it's now believed bigger clubs will be eyeing the Tuscan hitmen. Empoli will now automatically qualify for next season's Champions League group stages.

Final standing
Inter 69
Empoli 67
Milan 66

VOLPATO JOINS CELTIC

31279_hp.jpg

Volpato was the league top scorer

Empoli forward, Rey Volpato, has signed for Celtic, in a deal worth €5.6M. The striker found the net 22 times last season and put many clubs on alert as he fired his way to the 'capocannoniere' title. Everton and Fenerbahce also expressed an interest in the talented forward, but Celtic eventually won the race for his signature.
Empoli appear to be resigned to losing their talents who shine in Tuscany. Like Nicola Pozzi before him, Volpato has headed to a bigger club, after achieving success at the stadio Carlo Castellani.

Meanwhile, Daniele Corvia has expressed his interest in staying at Empoli, despite growing interest from clubs around Europe.

I wouldn't say i fabricate it much Nick. Ok, there is no currency in the game, but i just change points for Euros. The rest is pretty much as it happens, eg clubs coming in for my best players and me selling if they're higher up the club rankings. As the club representative, if you like, i decide which move is best for the player, in terms of realism. For example, the last line of my previous post about Corvia, translates as: Offers came in for Corvia from clubs, but they were lower ranked and in coutries/leagues where he doesn't want to play.

Despite its flaws and frustrations, the ML can be fun. I've had two fun ones in 08, Strasbourg and Empoli. For me, it's a case of keeping it real: Not to go crazy with transfers and superstars, not to expect to win much silverware, apart from perhaps the league cups to begin with, etc.
It was a particularly exciting season with the unexpected title challenge.

I wouldn't say i fabricate it much Nick. Ok, there is no currency in the game, but i just change points for Euros. The rest is pretty much as it happens, eg clubs coming in for my best players and me selling if they're higher up the club rankings. As the club representative, if you like, i decide which move is best for the player, in terms of realism. For example, the last line of my previous post about Corvia, translates as: Offers came in for Corvia from clubs, but they were lower ranked and in coutries/leagues where he doesn't want to play.

Despite its flaws and frustrations, the ML can be fun. I've had two fun ones in 08, Strasbourg and Empoli. For me, it's a case of keeping it real: Not to go crazy with transfers and superstars, not to expect to win much silverware, apart from perhaps the league cups to begin with, etc.
It was a particularly exciting season with the unexpected title challenge.
It would be nice to have a football game with all that in there to start with don't you think, and with technology as it stands now, I think it's more than possible to do, for too long we have been drip fed mediocre improvements and had the damned exclusive licence crap stifle the football gaming market... :((
Keep up the fun guys...

Nice topic! I'm playing PC - Master League PES 6. I will participate here. My team on 2nd Season:

1st Division - League C
Galatasaray
galatasaray-logo.jpg

Squad:

1 Isaakson

13 Fulldrishe
4 Heinze
19 Cihan H.
3 Evra

16 Lucho Gonzalez
22 Sasa Illic
14 A.Hleb
7 Wilhelmsson

58 Hasan Kabze
99 Ümit Karan

I play with the harder difficulty, 10 minutes, auto save and default option file.

Galatasaray aiming for the cup
serhankarabacak_marek05denizli.jpg

Heinz scored twice against FC Nantes-Atlantique.

The Turkish team, which won 2-1 in the first match, made a excellent work in France with a tremendous 0-4. Without Wilhelmsson, Galatasaray showed an excellent team play, and it's a candidate for the League C Division 1 Cup. The next Quarter-Final match it's against the powerfull german team, Bayern München.

More info at: http://www.galatasaray.org/

*Sorry for my bad english.

EMPOLI'S NEW FACES

Transfer News

With the new season arriving, Empoli have been busy in the transfer market, as the Tuscans prepare for life in the Champions League group stages. The Azzuri have been boosted by the return of striker Nicola Pozzi, who resigned from Rangers after one season in Scotland.

OUT
Volpato - FW (Celtic)
Corvia - FW (PSV)
Corradi - FW (Atalanta)
Kujovic - GK (released)

IN
Berni - GK (Lazio)
Canini - DF (Cagliari)
Floccari - FW (Atalanta)
Cavani - FW (Palermo)
Pozzi - FW (Rangers)

¡Unbelievable! Ümit Karan signed in Torino
Umit_Karan_575285.jpg

Ümit Karan was the top scorer of this season with 10 goals.

In the middle of the present season, Karan leaves Galatasaray (13-2-0). "I want to play another kind of football, and it's time for the young players like Ozcan for grow up" he said.

Another transfers:

IN
Messenger (Free)

OUT
Ümit Karan (Torino)
Sasa Illic (Sampdoria)
Hasan Sas (Ajax)
Tomas (FC Belgium)

*Sorry for my bad english.

FC Valenciennes win both Champions League and Ligue Un:

Semi-final:

Valenciennes - AC Milan 4-1
13' Kaka
42' Ishizaki
70' Pavelyuchenko
77' Pavelyuchenko
83' Pavelyuchenko

AC Milan - Valenciennes 3-3
3' Seedorf
10' Kaka'
16' Kaka'
65' Pavelyuchenko
82' Pavelyuchenko
90' Pavelyuchenko

Final:

Barcelona - Valenciennes 0-2

37' Savidan
45' Pavelyuchenko

sommeil_art.jpg

david-sommeil_joueurfoot.jpg

Valenciennes' players dedcated their double to team mate David Sommeil who stil is in hospital after his mild heart attack.

My Empoli ML is still on-going, there'll be some Euro news soon.

Has anyone played with the Default ML players in 08? I had a go the other day and i've saved them so that i can use them in other modes. The striker Gutierrez is pretty cool. He works well in a 4-5-1.
I always get a sense of satisfaction scoring with these guys and indeed winning a game. You've got to pass to feet and build moves and when it comes off, it feels a bit like the PES/ISS of old.

Just started my ML, got some players and stuff but somehow i think the difficulty is strange this time, or perhaps it is that i'm new to PSP. But i set it to "regular" and it was so hard, they anticipate every pass, they kick the ball from anywhere and it's a goal, then if i go for an easier difficulty i win 7-0. What the hell, where is my middle point :s.

Just started my ML, got some players and stuff but somehow i think the difficulty is strange this time, or perhaps it is that i'm new to PSP. But i set it to "regular" and it was so hard, they anticipate every pass, they kick the ball from anywhere and it's a goal, then if i go for an easier difficulty i win 7-0. What the hell, where is my middle point :s.

IMHO the PSP versions are very difficult. After trying for 3 consecutive years i play it on "level 4" (is that Professional). But every year when buying it, i have to start on "amateur" level...i think it's much more difficult than on PS2 and PS3. But the PSP version of PES2008 is the best one...

I miss playing the old game.

However maybe I'll get the PS3 and get the new one, regardless if it's mince or not.

Then start a ML thread up again.

Does take me back with the ML topics and hidden gem players.

FD

The best thing about ml on ps3/xbox360/PC is that division 2 has 20 teams as well as other 4 first divs. That's what really makes game much more interesting as if you get relegated or start in div 2 it's much harder to come back/move up. Plus in pes 2009 they finally introduced different levels of negotiations and player morale which should add some realism to the game.

IMHO the PSP versions are very difficult. After trying for 3 consecutive years i play it on "level 4" (is that Professional). But every year when buying it, i have to start on "amateur" level...i think it's much more difficult than on PS2 and PS3. But the PSP version of PES2008 is the best one...

True, on PS2 i was able to play on the higher difficulty and still get good results on ML.

Anyway i managed to get the promotion but i'm struggling to not relegate xP, i'm on 14th place now.

So far my best player is Cavenaghi with 7 goals on week 9.

EMPOLI NEWS.....CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.....EMPOLI NEWS....CHAMPIONS LEAGUE....

EMPOLI HOLD BARCELONA

a_LSaudatiEmpoli_412x232.jpg

Saudati equalised with seconds to spare

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, GROUP STAGE, FIXTURE 2
BARCELONA 1 Messi 67'
EMPOLI 1 Saudati 90'+1

Empoli stunned the Camp Nou with a late equaliser in last night's champions league group game.

The Catalan giants looked very comfortable in the first half, fashioning many chances, while the visitors' only efforts were expertly denied by German keeper, Timo Hildebrand. Ronaldinho picked up an injury midway through the first half and was substituted with Thierry Henry. The Frenchman however made little impact after his introduction and remained quiet for the remainder of the tie. Rafael van der Vaart rattled the crossbar from a free-kick, as Barcelona eagerly looked to take the lead.
Davide Bassi had to be on top form to keep out further shots on his goal, but eventually the breakthrough came in the second half, when Messi lept on a defensive blunder and stroked the ball past Bassi.
In response, Professor Nutmeg tinkered his attack, seemingly refusing to concede defeat. Sergio Floccari gave way to Edison Cavani and it was the Uruguayan who calmly set up Luca Saudati in the box, deep in injury time, as the Italians pulled off a memorable result.

Back
Top Bottom