The Master League adventures thread

Thanks gerd. I couldn't believe it. I thought i was out.

About that final. It was a classic game, which went to extra time. Alaves came back several times and lost only by an own goal.

Menseguez is in the PES Shop (PS2) with many other Bundesliga players (a few other Wolfsburg ones too)

Congratz man. It will be interesting to read about the final as i'm a lfc fan. ;)..B.T.W, Pozzi looks like a really good player. ;)

just wondering if anyone can help?

I started a ML with Man city and done really well with one game to go i was joint on points and GD with Man United anyway after playing the last game and it loads the fixture results from the other leagues it crashes at the same point!

iv tried swapping OF but no matter what it wont load past that point has anyone experienced this? does it mean if i start a new ML it will prob still crash at that point or is it just that ML data thts corrupted for some reason?

I lost. Gutted :((

Thrashed 6-0 by Liverpool. The computer was in full-on scripted/cheat mode. My players turned to stone. The com got all the remarkably handy rebounds and bounces. It's as if i wasn't there. Babel got five goals!!! Any shots i took, even from close range, lifted over the bar or went wide. I managed to hit the post once, from distance, otherwise i don't think i got any shots on goal. I wasn't allowed.

THREE PES i waited for this and it turned out to be total rubbish. The game was over in minutes. I would replay it, but i wouldn't want to bring myself down to the computer's level.
As i said. Gutted. Meh!

I know, it's only a game. :COAT:

There is no cheat mode *waves jedi hand*

jedi_mind_trick.jpg

Meh, well, that's definitely the end of my season as my card corrupted.

So Prof has officially left Empoli. Two 2nd place Serie A finishes and a Champions League Runners-up medal, were my best achievements. Grazie Empoli.

In the meantime i'm back on PES5, which plays a lot better.

Bring on PES 2009! The become a legend mode should be class and lead to more than a few good career following threads on this forum.

Only just over a couple of weeks to go.....

Completely off-topic: i just bought FIFA09...i really like the demo.

I will once again buy the PSP version of PES2009.
I really liked the PSP version of 2008.
Although it's too difficult for me...i played a ML with WBA on the highest difficulty and i got thrashed every match: 4-0, 5-0, sometimes i scored a goal...i may be called a cheater but i did not like that at all...

I started a new ML with Sienna and the second highest difficulty...this gives more realistic results.
Started the season with defeats against Inter, Juventus and a 3-2 win against Fiorentina.

What? Really?

My friend downloaded a patch that includes an extra difficulty called superplayer or something like that and i won Man Utd with LFC 3-1. Wierd. :S

Scored a lovely goal with build up play, in PES5 last night. Sweet passing and movement between Ximenez and Castello resulted in the Spaniard scoring, to register a 1-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt. Remember the Bundesliga? :-pp

Hey guys, since PES 2009 demo is out what's your opinion on that? Of course if you played it. Will you continue with those amazing ML stories and if yes do you have any idea what team you might choose?

As you may know i've been playing PES5 again recently. I've got a bit of an ML going on with the default crew (in Div 2) in the meantime, before the release of 2009.
Five is so much better than 2008 (obviously). Better playability, lower scores. I've had three 0-0s in a row, not dull ones, but hard-fought battles, defending, missing chances etc.
I forgot about the great chesting animation too, where a player chests down a high ball, off to another nearby player.
Plus there's the plethora of great little players, including Bundesliga players, to trawl through and sign.
Also, i knew it was in the game, but for the first time i saw the ref give a drop ball, after the opposition kicked the ball out for an injured player. Amazingly i don't think i saw it the first time around in 5. May have just forgotten it though.

hello chaps! hope you are all ticking over nicely.

I have played the pes2009 demo on the ps3 and having played the ps2 pes2008 version it was quite a change (mostly getting used to sharper visuals)

I think it's pretty decent although i just bought fifa09 yesterday and have to be honest and say from the limited time playing that I think that seems to now have the essence of 'playability' that pes had in the early days e.g. pro evo 1.

I think i may well be playing the management mode in that as it seems as if you have much more of a say in the off field side of things. I am sure I will give the BAL mode a good go though.

db

I'm a bit apprehensive about 2009. Either way, i'll most likely be playing a PES of sorts (could stay on 5, if it's uninspiring). Fifa can start well, but after a while i seem to go off it. Although i bought a nice new TV the other day, which could help. I found Fifa very hard to see on my old (26" i think it was) tv. I could hardly read the text.

Exactly Prof...things are very litle in FIFA...but after awhile you are used to it...

I've bought FIFA a week now and i absolutely love it...i've been doing a very PES-like thing i've made a custom league with Dutch, Belgiann, Danish, Swiss, Swedish and Austrian teams (a huge league: 24 teams).

In order to get used to the game and before i start the real work (Manager Mode and Be A Pro mode) i play this league with Standard (well known in Liverpool). It's great...

I'm not so sure anymore if i will buy PS3 PES2009 (but will end up buying eventually i guess), i will certainly buy the PSP version....if i start a manger Mode...i will report about it in this thread (unless people don't like it).

[PES5] Wow, almost scored a Geovanni-like cracker with Iouga last night. A scorcher from about 33 metres out (roughly halfway between the box and the halfway line). It curled slightly past the beaten keeper and hit the inside of the right post and then rebounded across the goal behind the keeper. Despite being my DMF, he likes to get in on the action, coming in for headers on corners (scored the first goal of the season) and shooting from distance (as he's got a strong right foot). Go Iouga!

I have to make the FIFA confession too, I caved in and am enjoying 09 in BAP mode. It could just be the novelty, we'll see how long it lasts.

I can see myself owning both games this year. This is the first FIFA game I've played since 2000 (which was rubbish!).

still off topic:

Does the the computer still do funny subs, like a defender for a striker, with that defender playing as a striker (ie not coming on to add to the defence)? That was a bug last year in F08.

I just like to keep abreast of the latest advances in football simulation, db.

Prof, I haven't seen that yet myself. Although my coach insists on playing me out of position on the wing rather than central midfield. It needs a 'complain to the gaffer' option!

Ok, so i have finally played the PES demo on Xbox. Having played both Fifa and PES demos, i'm unimpressed by both. It could of course be the controller, but i just don't feel that i'm part of the action. I don't feel in control.

So PS2 PES for me once again. It's still the better version/game for me.

It could of course be the controller... I don't feel in control.
I know what you mean, I really didn't like the 360 controller for PES either. I'm a D-Pad player and the 360 D-Pad is just horrible. Fortunately I found PC Logitech pad that I much prefer.

Having to use the 360 analogue with FIFA 09 is taking some getting used to.

Back
Top Bottom