The Master League adventures thread

So decided to star a ML with Nottingham Forest cause i like their kit with the Pes created lineup. It was really tough to get to the 3rd season as i couldn't really buy and strengthen during the 1st two given how low the budget is. 3rd season i remembered the free agents :... and my team was revamped except fro the RB as he was at 75. I am enjoying it on the whole and hope my frustration don't make me stop as overall if you overlook them it is an exhilarating experience as it was in the old days.

However, one question to my fellow ML players is how the hell is every team able to string passes so easy at the back in tight situations !! sometimes it is just ridiculous as i have a player cornered and all his normal pass lanes blocked and he still is able to have the quickness of thought to find a way out of it. This is ok if it is not the same every single time i have them pegged in front of their goal. I am playing on super star difficulty and i really hate dropping it down as it is the one i play all the time but would it help to drop and without losing the challenge ?
Yeah it's a bit ridiculous when they play them selves out of trouble,depends on what level of scripting the CPU are in sometimes,when it's relatively script free they clear it instead.
I'm getting a proper challenge on TP and manual,don't know if you're on assisted passing,if so,dropping it to o manual will get the game tougher

Yeah it's a bit ridiculous when they play them selves out of trouble,depends on what level of scripting the CPU are in sometimes,when it's relatively script free they clear it instead.
I'm getting a proper challenge on TP and manual,don't know if you're on assisted passing,if so,dropping it to o manual will get the game tougher

I am playing on 1 bar assist, i will try on manual but since it was introduced i never warmed to it. Just like you said though all they need to do is it clear it more often, it is ridiculously scripted and its killing my enjoyment of the game as the games starts getting repetitive as i can't dare press high up the pitch any more.

I am playing on 1 bar assist, i will try on manual but since it was introduced i never warmed to it. Just like you said though all they need to do is it clear it more often, it is ridiculously scripted and its killing my enjoyment of the game as the games starts getting repetitive as i can't dare press high up the pitch any more.
I think,and this is just me,that the game has changed a lot since the last patch,more playable now.

When I came back to this game,didn't play it for 4 months,because of what you described,now I've finished my Torino ML first season,those games played recently,the past weeks have been really good.

One thing I noticed when returning to it was that I hadn't set up my tactics properly and they could play through my team easily.

I'm using frontline pressure,aggressively,and also special tactics" swarm the box" and "gegenpress" and they can't play through me anymore,at least not as easy,plus my players keeps a better distance to the CPU.
Try and set some special tactics,and the worst thing you can do is backing off and letting them have space and time.
Hope it helps,it's done a lot for me

Since I had a very good second half of my ML with Torino,most games played really good I decided to restart a ML with all Serie B teams edited,less long balls etc.

First game with my AC Milan ML,and it was the derby Della Madonnina Vs Inter.
Very high pace in this one,thought I'd set game speed wrong.
Great game,3 yellow cards a piece,had to defend for my life at times,but the CPU played very good,not a chip inferno like it always use to be.

Kalinic came out as my big saviour,along with Calhanoglu (probably misspelled) and I won the game 2-0.
Sour grapes for Kalinic,out for two months with an injury,so I have to find a replacement for him.

Since I had a very good second half of my ML with Torino,most games played really good I decided to restart a ML with all Serie B teams edited,less long balls etc.

First game with my AC Milan ML,and it was the derby Della Madonnina Vs Inter.
Very high pace in this one,thought I'd set game speed wrong.
Great game,3 yellow cards a piece,had to defend for my life at times,but the CPU played very good,not a chip inferno like it always use to be.

Kalinic came out as my big saviour,along with Calhanoglu (probably misspelled) and I won the game 2-0.
Sour grapes for Kalinic,out for two months with an injury,so I have to find a replacement for him.

Good to see it has improved somewhat and hopefully scripting is less of an issue hereon in

Parma in my 2nd game was a tough affair.
Andre silva scored the game winning 2-1 goal in the 79th minute.
Next up PSV in my Champions league qualifications,had a 1-0 win in my first game away.

Last edited:
Three games played on my ML stream.
First up Roma at home,turned out to be a great game,ended 3-3,after Biglia smashed in the equaliser late.

Second game,Basel in the CL,at home.
Felt like the old Pes 18,couldn't really defend and I had trouble all over the pitch.
Won it 4-2

Third game,Palermo away,had a great time playing it,very tough,had to work my ass off to get some sort of a result,ended 1-1,should have scored a winner at the end,but a great game.

I'm in 4th place after 4 games,2W and 2D,and I'm really enjoying it.
Wish I had the time to edit all other teams outside Serie A/B for even more fun.
Thanx for watching,let us know if You're streaming,always fun watching

Three games played on my ML stream.
First up Roma at home,turned out to be a great game,ended 3-3,after Biglia smashed in the equaliser late.

Second game,Basel in the CL,at home.
Felt like the old Pes 18,couldn't really defend and I had trouble all over the pitch.
Won it 4-2

Third game,Palermo away,had a great time playing it,very tough,had to work my ass off to get some sort of a result,ended 1-1,should have scored a winner at the end,but a great game.

I'm in 4th place after 4 games,2W and 2D,and I'm really enjoying it.
Wish I had the time to edit all other teams outside Serie A/B for even more fun.
Thanx for watching,let us know if You're streaming,always fun watching
I was your watcher last night, but i was tired after work and my connection or the stream platform had issues .I lost the first half against Basel cause i was stuck buffering in formations screen and in the second stuck near the game end i got asleep. :P Not from the game, from waiting the stream to buffer.. :)
In my next post a big surpirse goal from my ML adventure. Bcause i dont want t say much words now, i have recreated some legends of my era like Ronaldinho, Adriano, T. Henry,Ronaldo with their real current age for example 41,39. For their stats im mixing some of my own formulas with lastest apperance of eachl player in pes as active player+his age his max potential etc Trying to reproduce them keeping their status to regen as the beloved pllayers but trying also to keep them realistic,i dont want to give 70 stamina for example to a 40 years old veteran when tere are players in the database active 26-27 years old with below 70 stamina..Comming in a while...

The empreror is back! Not an original Adriano style goal, it was even with the ''bad" foot but is difficult to play those players with a PES 6 approach in 2018.TO be honest the goal is not so special. The general momentum with Adriano's signature goal celebration is what motivates me more! :)

The empreror is back! Not an original Adriano style goal, it was even with the ''bad" foot but is difficult to play those players with a PES 6 approach in 2018.TO be honest the goal is not so special. The general momentum with Adriano's signature goal celebration is what motivates me more! :)
Great goal,nice through ball and chip.
It's the Inter Adriano ?
Great player,bit of a temperament.
I know Zlatan Said he was the best player he ever played with

Yeah the Inter Adriano. Like much this player. Shame he ended his carrier with this mindless selfdesctruct. The face build is not so similar to the original one as it was the best face build i could find in the Youtube for Ardiano pes 16-17-18 version which share the same face build mechanics.
Something else i wanted ask you. As i mainly use Conservative pressuring+all out defense since pes 2016 or 15 i cant remember. Do you think aggresive and frontline pressure works better in 18? In 17 i prefered contain and press only in ceratin moments but in 18 as there is mucjh more space there are times that i think of trying it, but im afraid my back line ends up in the midfield.

Yeah the Inter Adriano. Like much this player. Shame he ended his carrier with this mindless selfdesctruct. The face build is not so similar to the original one as it was the best face build i could find in the Youtube for Ardiano pes 16-17-18 version which share the same face build mechanics.
Something else i wanted ask you. As i mainly use Conservative pressuring+all out defense since pes 2016 or 15 i cant remember. Do you think aggresive and frontline pressure works better in 18? In 17 i prefered contain and press only in ceratin moments but in 18 as there is mucjh more space there are times that i think of trying it, but im afraid my back line ends up in the midfield.
I use both "swarm the box" so the can't chip in to my box as special tactic,and gegenpress with frontline pressure.
It's almost a must,it's to much space otherwise.
Works great for me.
When using the gegenpress in opponents box to pick up rebounds or pressure them to lose possesion,I've scored a few goals doing that.

But frontline pressure,aggressive is a must,if that still leaves to much space,use gegenpress,your players will be tired around the 75-80th minute but I recommend it

I use both "swarm the box" so the can't chip in to my box as special tactic,and gegenpress with frontline pressure.
I.... but I recommend it
I use for ATTACK counter attack+wide+short pass+maintain formation and in DEFENCE,all-out defence+conservative with a 4-3-3 with DMF-CMF-CMF ,SS-SS as wingfielders and a CF. When im back 0-1 and want equalise i turn on advanced tactics GEGENPRESS and attacking fullbacks. When im ahead for the last 20 minutes i turn on swarm the box+Centring targets as i return the two SS in RMF and LMF in a 4-3-2-1 (4-1-4-1) actually so can have someone to cross in counter attacks,i prefer it over counter target which works better but find the CF too isolated. In previus PES i used to defend with AI pressing [] and with the my controlling defender covering his back by following with super cancel and containing. The fact is that [] pressure works much different this year, it can be used in the correct timing with the correct positiong so 7/10 times it is uselees for me at least, when i get counter attacked and donmt have time to set up my defence line properly.

I use all-out defence+conservative with a 4-3-3 with DMF-CMF-CMF ,SS-SS as wingfielders and a CF. When im back 0-1 and want equalise i turn on advanced tactics GEGENPRESS and attacking fullbacks. When im ahead for the last 20 minutes i turn on swarm the box+Centring targets as i return the two SS in RMF and LMF in a 4-3-2-1 (4-1-4-1) actually so can have someone to cross in counter attacks,i prefer it over counter target which works better but find the CF too isolated. In previus PES i used to defend with AI pressing [] and with the my controlling defender covering his back by following with super cancel and containing. The fact is that [] pressure works much different this year, it can be used in the correct timing with the correct positiong so 7/10 times it is uselees for me at least, when i get counter attacked and donmt have time to set up my defence line properly.
Yeah timing is everything,I often get caught high up,but I've pushed down my defensive line a lot,plus have two fast and strong CB covering the central area,so it pushes their counter attack wide,and I can often deal with it there,cover my space in the middle,pressure moderate.and not to hard until my wingers are back.

But I do get caught and they score that way,in the other hand I'm ok with that,it's the weak point for me,and we all need one

I used to trick players by giving them lower salary and high WIN+Goal bonus as i almsot never won or score smany goals. :P But now with my better performance, it costs too much. :D

So in my Paris FC ML that i said from the other topic, TopPlayer/ClassicMode/PassAssist-LV1, i promoted 1st at last.i secured a +7 so i simulated some games. Now i am in summer i have classic budget issues as my Transfer Budget is 30.000.000 and my wage budget is -2.000.000, (ffs give us a budget slider at last),also i have 16 players squad so i can only take players on loan and wait until the season in Ligue 1 ends so if i take a good position and participate in CL or EL to rebalance the finances.

At the summer of 2020 i am also in EURO 2020 coaching National Team of Greece. I made the national team calls and i made a 3,5 stars roster. In group stage i was with Croatia (4,5stars), Slovenia(3,5stars) and Croatia (4,5 stars). I qualified to knockout undefeated 3W-0D-0L with astonishing games. The awesome moment was now, that im playing the knock out stage of 16 against France after France's national anthem and before ours (Greece-HELLAS), the speaker/our speaker (we have greek commentary since 2011, i hope also in the 2019) said some extra motivating words for Greece and Greek people, pretty sure it is outside of the international commentary "scenarios".

BONUS CONTENT: This is for you @rockstrongo ! My striker and EURO's 2020 first scorer Kostas Mitroglou who played for Benfica and now for Marseille makes a goal celebration by making his hands like guns, cowboy "pistolero" style, both in real life and also something similar in game. When he used to celebrate like this in Greek Super LEague ,Olympiacos President told him the next time he will do the "guns" celebrations he will be released imidiatelly from the club. But nowadays as you know "pistolas" are the trendy topic. :P :P :P
00:35 the celebration.

Last edited:
So in my Paris FC ML that i said from the other topic, TopPlayer/ClassicMode/PassAssist-LV1, i promoted 1st at last.i secured a +7 so i simulated some games. Now i am in summer i have classic budget issues as my Transfer Budget is 30.000.000 and my wage budget is -2.000.000, (ffs give us a budget slider at last),also i have 16 players squad so i can only take players on loan and wait until the season in Ligue 1 ends so if i take a good position and participate in CL or EL to rebalance the finances.

At the summer of 2020 i am also in EURO 2020 coaching National Team of Greece. I made the national team calls and i made a 3,5 stars roster. In group stage i was with Croatia (4,5stars), Slovenia(3,5stars) and Croatia (4,5 stars). I qualified to knockout undefeated 3W-0D-0L with astonishing games. The awesome moment was now, that im playing the knock out stage of 16 against France after France's national anthem and before ours (Greece-HELLAS), the speaker/our speaker (we have greek commentary since 2011, i hope also in the 2019) said some extra motivating words for Greece and Greek people, pretty sure it is outside of the international commentary "scenarios".

BONUS CONTENT: This is for you @rockstrongo ! My striker and EURO's 2020 first scorer Kostas Mitroglou who played for Benfica and now for Marseille makes a goal celebration by making his hands like guns, cowboy "pistolero" style, both in real life and also something similar in game. When he used to celebrate like this in Greek Super LEague ,Olympiacos President told him the next time he will do the "guns" celebrations he will be released imidiatelly from the club. But nowadays as you know "pistolas" are the trendy topic. :P :P :P
00:35 the celebration.
Great goal gesture,even better Pyro at Karaiskaki

Out of curiousity:

Has anyone of you ever changed the team within one ML?
I´m talking bout the offers you get as a coach to train other clubs in other leagues.

I have never done that, as I always wanted to stick to my team...never really saw much sense to do so.

How about you?

Out of curiousity:

Has anyone of you ever changed the team within one ML?
I´m talking bout the offers you get as a coach to train other clubs in other leagues.

I have never done that, as I always wanted to stick to my team...never really saw much sense to do so.

How about you?
I change every 2 years in 2018. In previous PES with bigger MLs i changed every 3 or 5 years. My usual path is start from PEU league, after 2-3 years go to LEEDS in FL, promote play CL,EL and after the FIFA world club cup i go to Panathinaikos to play with some nice Greek regen players or to my Hometown (AO Kavala,Greece, Regional semi-professional League team the last years). My dream for a full ML campaign, was always to do this and after this circle, go to Latin America League (bra,arg,chi etc) win the Libertadores and Fifa world club cup and after go to Asian and do the same with AFC and FiFA World Club .Plus to all these take a national team and win the Regional Competition Cup (Euro-Copa AFrica etc) and the World Cup (Mundial). But this part takes too many seasons, i have never achieved to last until do all these as ususally i restart the ML for some reason. Maybe i'll do in 2018 which is the underdog PES for a sooo long ML.:FISH:

Last edited:
That sounds pretty interesting.
I guess I`ll try that...thought of changing a few times but then I was scared to lose interest or to feel sorry to abandon the team I built up.

That sounds pretty interesting.
I guess I`ll try that...thought of changing a few times but then I was scared to lose interest or to feel sorry to abandon the team I built up.
It is sad to leave behind your built-up team, but it is also a satisfaction to watch their progress after you leave and see that the team you have created goes on fine and progresses even with someone else leading and relying on your base frame.
It also depends on what typr of player you are.Someone may keep the basic XI for season. I personally am the type that changes almost 7/11 every season by selling and promoting players. Like the pokemon protagonist, that changes pokemon team in every new region!! :P :P

It is sad to leave behind your built-up team, but it is also a satisfaction to watch their progress after you leave and see that the team you have created goes on fine and progresses even with someone else leading and relying on your base frame.

That´s a good point!
Never saw it that way. I´m gonna try that soon^^.

It also depends on what typr of player you are.Someone may keep the basic XI for season. I personally am the type that changes almost 7/11 every season by selling and promoting players. Like the pokemon protagonist, that changes pokemon team in every new region!! :P :P
It's a good way to see it,I'm having a hard time leaving my team (Milan) 4 season in (Pes 17) I'm even gonna let a few guys retire while in my team.
Hopefully I'm gonna be able to play season 5 and 6 before Pes 19

I'm on a proper shit streak in my Milan ML.(Pes 17)
Season four now,and after winning both the league (2nd year in a row) and the CL,it's a tough opening to my fourth one.

After 8 games I'm in 6th place,only 5 pts after leaders Juventus,but still a tough opening to my season

After beating Roma in my 5th game,stunning 4-2 win it's been a downhill race.
1-3 Vs Juventus 2-2 at home Vs Club Brugge (CL) 0-1 Vs Fiorentina and the icing on the cake,1-2 at home Vs Frosinone.
And I'm really enjoying a tough spell after 3 successful seasons.
Not being heavily scripted games since my TS is 92-96,but in crucial moments it's there.
Need to start winning real soon

Back
Top Bottom