The Master League adventures thread

Don´t know about you guys but I can only enjoy night matches. Seems slower and more patient. Maybe just my impression though.

I tend to play mostly day games as stadio orione looks really nice in hazy sunshine im kind of saving the night games for if and when we reach europe

A DIFFICULT START TO THE SEASON FOR PADOVA CALCIO IN SERIE A

vla2_Untitled.png

5 defeats in a row to start life in Serie A and dumped out of the cup by SPAL was a bit of a shock as the team seemed so strong in gaining promotion and was improved further in the transfer market by signing fringe players

AMF Lo Celso from PSG free

CMF Pizzaro from Sevilla £11mill

also the beanpole striker Carrillo was signed from Southampton in an attempt to find a target man after bids for Graziano Pelle and Llorente were declined Carrillo was a short term solution to give us height in attack

After being ripped apart by Juventus 4-1 Fiorentina 4-0 and Roma 3-1 the new signings had to be dropped from the starting line up as there was no time to wait for them to fit in with our tactics as points on the board were needed.
Reverting back to the 11 that gained us promotion started to produce results

a very impressive 3-3 draw with table topping Inter started the revival and despite the odd 1-0 blip vs Sassuolo 4 draws and 2 wins have put us above relegation on GD alone its going to be a tough season but things are looking up after a disaster of a start. A particular highlight being Lazzari's Free kick vs Torino

ezgif-1-33ba5916c1.gif

and Vlaovics performance vs Empoli dragging us back from 2 nil down against our relegation rivals with 2 superb finishes

vla_Untitled.png

A DIFFICULT START TO THE SEASON FOR PADOVA CALCIO IN SERIE A

vla2_Untitled.png

5 defeats in a row to start life in Serie A and dumped out of the cup by SPAL was a bit of a shock as the team seemed so strong in gaining promotion and was improved further in the transfer market by signing fringe players

AMF Lo Celso from PSG free

CMF Pizzaro from Sevilla £11mill

also the beanpole striker Carrillo was signed from Southampton in an attempt to find a target man after bids for Graziano Pelle and Llorente were declined Carrillo was a short term solution to give us height in attack

After being ripped apart by Juventus 4-1 Fiorentina 4-0 and Roma 3-1 the new signings had to be dropped from the starting line up as there was no time to wait for them to fit in with our tactics as points on the board were needed.
Reverting back to the 11 that gained us promotion started to produce results

a very impressive 3-3 draw with table topping Inter started the revival and despite the odd 1-0 blip vs Sassuolo 4 draws and 2 wins have put us above relegation on GD alone its going to be a tough season but things are looking up after a disaster of a start. A particular highlight being Lazzari's Free kick vs Torino

ezgif-1-33ba5916c1.gif

and Vlaovics performance vs Empoli dragging us back from 2 nil down against our relegation rivals with 2 superb finishes

vla_Untitled.png
Welcome to the league mate....:)

haha thanks its been a bit of a shock how fast the top teams play going to have to play better to stay up

haha thanks its been a bit of a shock how fast the top teams play going to have to play better to stay up
It is tougher,but you’ll make it,takes a bit of getting used to compared to Serie B.
I played one season as Palermo as a side project to my Milan save,and it was tough as hell pal.
Good luck,and keep posting I’m enjoying reading it,so does others,might start posting here again,been a while

Back in the saddle again,picked up my Pes 17 ML again.
I had 6-7 seasons on my first save with Milan,but managed to overwrite that one I guess.
This is my second Milan save,had two full seasons,and the start of a third when I picked it up again.
16 games in on my Serie A campaign,I’m knocked out of the Coppa Italia,one game left of the CL group stage,where I’ve already QF for the last 32.

Previous seasons
Season 1. 5 th in Serie A,Qtr finals in Coppa Italia qtr finals in Europa League
Season 2. Won the scudetto,qtr finals in Coppa Italia,won Europa League.
Also won the UEFA super cup this season.

Been cautious with my transfers,have a ton of good youth players that slowly starting to take place in my squad.players like Mauri/Cutrone/Locatelli/Calabria/Livieri/De Santis/Crociata/Vido.
But have made a few solid transfers over the seasons like:Laporte/Roussillion/Weigl/Draxler/Moura/Bernadeschi.
Often 1-2 players in per season,still have my older guys playing well.
Just made an offer for my first player this season,Insigne from Napoli.
Transfer funds available :€38 million salary €33 million

Anyway game 16 of Serie A,toughest challenge so far,Juventus at home.
If I win,I’m up to 4th in the league,currently in 7th place.

First editing in a while for me,so got lazy and just threw in some replays of it.
Plus,YouTube has made this process with its latest update a mess to do

Hey guys, thanks for having me on your forum! I come with a Master League challenge for my fellow PES lovers should you choose to accept! :)

-Full Manual control settings

-Top Player (tried Superstar it's just ridiculous with the other things in mind)

-Only use Classic default players, no transfers allowed, however you can get the made up players from the youth team (not the regens though)

-Start in bottom league, e.g Championship (England 2nd league)

-Prepare to be frustrated

In honour of the legend that is Castolo, I've made him my manager and I'm streaming my progress occasionally at:

www.twitch.tv/No9Castolo

I'll post pictures and videos occasionally too at:

www.instagram.com/No9Castolo

Hope to see some of you there to follow my journey! I also hope to follow your challenge too should you choose to take it :)

A bit about me - I've been playing ISS/PES since ISS on the N64 every year, it's a real passion of mine and the default players in Master Leagues have been close to my heart. In the last 5 years or so I've felt like I needed more of a challenge and have been enjoying the freedom that comes with playing with my control settings all on manual. In the last few years (not this one as I don't play online this year) I've been one of the highest ranked Full Manual players in the world - so hopefully it will be entertaining to watch me play! Although I'm still not great at skill moves I must admit...

Good luck No9Castolo should be a tough challenge maybe spice it up with games vs 5 star teams on superstar !

Nice vid rockstrongo my best pes ml since 2008 was on 2017 its an under appreciated game really for all its faults its a fun ml to play its just about the right amount of a challenge

I´m starting a new 2017 ML in Spaninsh 2nd division, Top player, manual passing, -2 speed. This game is too good to let it die. I was testing for a few days with a previous Master League, and boy the agression is so cool in this one! So many fouls, and variety compared with 2018. Gonna get my fix for the next days eheh.

Good luck No9Castolo should be a tough challenge maybe spice it up with games vs 5 star teams on superstar !

Nice vid rockstrongo my best pes ml since 2008 was on 2017 its an under appreciated game really for all its faults its a fun ml to play its just about the right amount of a challenge
Thanx mate.
It is,maybe not the best game out there,but here's the thing,if you managed to play 5-10 seasons on a ML or FIFA career mode,it doesn't matter what other people think,or how "realistic" a game is,if it keeps you playing,it's a damn good game.
I think I've had the following stats
Pes 13 5-6 seasons
Pes 15 6 seasons
Pes 16 4-5 (Horrible keepers,and very scripted)
Pes 17 7+3 (so far)
Pes 18 1/2 season

It's all about the right amount of challenge,as you say,my first Milan save on 17, I did take my team to two Scudettos,two EL titles and a CL title,then rebuild my team cause it was a problem with the salary cap,and had a tough season in mid table again.
Truly a fun game

I´m starting a new 2017 ML in Spaninsh 2nd division, Top player, manual passing, -2 speed. This game is too good to let it die. I was testing for a few days with a previous Master League, and boy the agression is so cool in this one! So many fouls, and variety compared with 2018. Gonna get my fix for the next days eheh.
Cool,looking fw to seeing some reports pal.
Which team?

I haven't posted since my Juve game,simply because I have Inter the next game,then Fiorentina,tough games,need to build up some guts for those two.

I chose Valladollid. Still studying the team and tactics to use, but I´m pretty sure I´ll use a lone striker, and some pinpoint crossing wingers, so time to go shoping. The team is really old, overall. Need to get some fresh blood, so I brought in Kishna and Cervi (wingers) and Carriço (CB) on loans. I´m pretty much set for now, latter tonight I might start the game with the first match.

I chose Valladollid. Still studying the team and tactics to use, but I´m pretty sure I´ll use a lone striker, and some pinpoint crossing wingers, so time to go shoping. The team is really old, overall. Need to get some fresh blood, so I brought in Kishna and Cervi (wingers) and Carriço (CB) on loans. I´m pretty much set for now, latter tonight I might start the game with the first match.
Can't beat that feeling of starting a fresh ML pal:)
Good luck

If we are talking about F. Cervi from Benfica,he is a pretty good addition . For my playstyle he was a lil bit slow for winger but was good playmaker as amf or cmf.In 2017 he is a brilliant ML signing cause he has the team role "smart player", so if you put him in starting XI and assign him as captain you take an increase of 11~15 points in Team Spirit.

That´s the one! I´m hoping to use him to deliver good crosses, as I´m going to play with a strong striker in the box. He has the pinpoint crossing ability and his speed is not a big issue hopefully beause I´m playing a slightly patient approach, based on possession rather than speed and counter attacks. Still, I´m pretty sure he´ll be fast enough to cause problems on most matches, since this is 2nd division after all.

If we are talking about F. Cervi from Benfica,he is a pretty good addition . For my playstyle he was a lil bit slow for winger but was good playmaker as amf or cmf.In 2017 he is a brilliant ML signing cause he has the team role "smart player", so if you put him in starting XI and assign him as captain you take an increase of 11~15 points in Team Spirit.

I actually chose Rayo Vallecano instead, don´t know why I said Valladollid anyway.
First two matches, lost 0-1 and won 0-1 (Elche and Girona). The team seams very solid, as I´m playing with a 4-5-1 formation, and you´re right... in the 2nd match, I had to use Cervi as the classic number 10, and he was all over the place, making great runs, exploring space and causing havoc in the opponent´s half. It´s nice to see this kind of behaviour from our team.

I actually chose Rayo Vallecano instead, don´t know why I said Valladollid anyway.
First two matches, lost 0-1 and won 0-1 (Elche and Girona). The team seams very solid, as I´m playing with a 4-5-1 formation, and you´re right... in the 2nd match, I had to use Cervi as the classic number 10, and he was all over the place, making great runs, exploring space and causing havoc in the opponent´s half. It´s nice to see this kind of behaviour from our team.
Aah,Rayo,the people’s team,good choice

A bad run of games for Padova but all is not lost...

1pad_Untitled.png

1pad2.png

A run of 7 games without victory has kept Padova in trouble but the difference between us and the other bottom sides is we can grind out draws and keep our heads above water for the time being.It all started well with a 2-1 win away to Chievo that made us start looking up and dreaming of the europa league places being within reach but we came back to reality..

AC Milan at home started well a nice team goal gave us a 1-0 HT lead and not giving them a sniff of our goal other than half chances

ezgif-4-26552ae6db.gif

Donnarumma kept us from scoring again and Milan woke up in the second have and ran out 2-1 winners a shame since overall we deserved a point

next up was second place Lazio they absolutely battered us 17 shots to 4 but we kept it to 1-0 until the 91st minute when summer signing Carrillo came on as a late sub and finally did what we paid for rising up like salmon and planted it top corner for us to steal a point Lazio made a mistake of still being set to attack trying to finish us off and we exploited it

ezgif-4-ac1d829f7c.gif

Benevento away was a frustrating game we should never have found ourselves 2-1 down but talisman Lazzari once again got us out of trouble and kept Benevento from pulling away in the table with a fine long range effot that ripped the net

ezgif-4-6d6aec6a4d.gif

and so to the half way point of the season we face Sampdoria who beat us away 1-0 on the opening day.Yet again we conceded first and found ourselves trying to fight back and times like that you call on one man Carrillo!

Carrillo came on and caused all sorts of trouble in the box being the big beanpole he is eventually Lazzari forced it in with a rare headed goal for another point to take us above Hellas Verona and keep the fight alive to stay in serie A

ezgif-4-277b2ce1ab.gif

our next run of games includes Juventus,Inter,Roma, and Fiorentina 3 of which beat us by more than 3 goals earlier in the season but we are a lot stronger now so we should at least compete this time

PES 2018 I played some time on Pro, and it was quite a challenge to be honest. PES 2017 I play on TP though, it is much easier than PES 2018, mainly less scripted.

Ah OK. I've tried top player but found it difficult. Or maybe I can't be bothered these days with the extra challenge and just looking for something that's balanced and won't send me into tantrums :D

BTW I've already posted this in the main thread but I'll post it in here as well and possibly continue doing so since it's more relevant here.

I'm still playing my pes 2018 ML in the championship managing Reading. I don't know why but I'm still hooked. I'm almost winter transfer period and clinched myself a good Italian youth player called Orsolini, an Atalanta winger. In real life he's a Juve player who's been loaned out to Atalanta and now Bologna. Should boost my chances promoting to the premiership.

I'm also trying to secure the services of centre back Hall from QPR and Gibson from Middlesbrough. Also trying to lure in Shelvey but he's a bit costly for me. Will see. Need him to replace Edwards who's been OK so far, but don't think can make it up there in the premiership.

Trying to get rid of dead wood as well placing a good chunk on transfer list. The young ones who might have a future I'm sending on loan.

At the start of the season I've signed Ortuño from Valladolid. His stats aren't the best but he has a good finish with a 81 stat, which has been doing wonders for me. So far he's played 13 of the 20 league games and netted 19 goals!

I'd like to think I have a solid defense but they're OK so far. Trying to sign the 2 mentioned above to make my back solid.

The first 7 games we struggled a lot and were in 17th position. Got my act together and now we're on top. I hope this run continues!

A couple images:
DZQgSSEVoAAg6rB

DZQiE4eVQAEC1IZ

I've received offers from Aston Villa and Rayo Vallecano to manage them but won't be interested in moving anywhere until I've journeyed the premiership with Reading first.

My ML starting level for the period 2015-2017 was superstar.Always starting woth squads a lil bit worse than ML default squad and signing the same "youngsters" : danilo barbosa,neto (sp. Recife),roger martinez etc.In 2015-2016 it used to take me 3 seasons to start challenging the EPL with Leeds utd ,starting from EFL. In 2017 i found superstar more friendly as i challenge and most often win my league every year.My only problem with script is that for the first 3 seasons with my starting squad i cant go past the scripted CL or Europa League semifinal.After season 4 when regens start becoming OP i win also european cups.

To avoid any confusion i dont find it cheap easy just challenging and rewarding enough.And to give you my playing profile to understand me better,that im not a prodigy i have only vs ML AI superstar ~65% winrate vsCOM.
In the ps2 era when difficulty was with stars and after until PES6 i ised to play one level below the hardest,think was PROF,as i disliked the fast tempo of the TOP level and the limited lanes that you could play the ball.Anywhere except for side lines was a forbidden area to play football.Also i usef to play slow buildup "tiki-taka" before it was cool!! :p
In the 2011-2013 i was trapped between prof and top.Prof was easy after two seasons and top was unplayable cause every foul/free kick against me was goal for the AI in the last minutes and rhe rival teams for the championship were making only wins in the season matches against other CPU.
The most wierd thing in PES 2012 that show me that difficulty is relevant was that a close friend of mine that i was beating him easily against our local tournaments (konami cup) and ive rarely lost to him,was doing prety better than me against COm winning ten seasons all the treble crowns in Topplayer when i was struggling in PROF.
In 2018 i used to play superstar with 90% loss rate and now im in TopOlayer with winrate 50%.Aprox 2wins-1draw-1loss per 4 games.

Last edited:
Padova on the brink of safety

padtable_Untitled.png

After a torrid few months where we just could not get any luck Padova went 10 game without a win from late Jan-March.The team faced some tough fixtures and some soul destroying last minute goals just when we seemed to be heading for points.The losses to relegation rivals Torino and Udinese hurt but a 5-3 home loss to Roma where we were 3-2 up in the 75th minute sums up how bad things were getting

padresults_Untitled.png

Things had to change so I decided to mix the team around and give fringe players a chance in the first team and we finally clicked again, in fact we have been playing our best football since I became manager

Chievo at home started the revival a 3-0 win and total domination by the Biancoscudati was started by some great hold up play involving Lazzari inside the box shielding off the defender and laying off the ball to Vlaovic to rifle into the bottom corner

ezgif-4-81b94b839a.gif

Juventus away ended 0-0 we rarely had any chances but our goalkeeper Bonaiuti played his best game saving a penalty vs dybala and earned us a much needed point and his manager some thinking to do after he has been looking for a replacement between the sticks for next season

Milan away was maybe the best game I have played on 2018 we lost 2-1 but it was an incredible game that I didnt want to end in all honesty Milan were the slightly better team although we gave the san siro a shock going 1-0 up after 3 mins through Lazzar but eventually the Milan tidal wave broke us down their winner a beautiful goal of methodical build up that ended with Iwobi sliding in at the back post

Lazio away a game I expected us to struggle in turned out to be an incredible performance again we took the lead from a corner Gomez heading in then after that the game was end to end Lazio forcing an equalizer after a goal mouth scramble but what happened next had me jump out of my seat..

ezgif-4-02e8ac8beb.gif

Coric our croatian midfielder has been off the boil often this season I expected him to really grow after a good debut in serie B but he was superb in this game and capped off his performance with the winner in the 90th minute smashing in a shot from outside the box that gave their Gk no chance 2-1 and 3 points

Only 4 games to go and 3 points between us and Hellas Verona who as fate would have it we are playing in the penultimate game of the season away it is going to be tense but with 3 other home games vs Napoli Benevento and Genoa we should survive in our first season in the top flight

other club news

Lazzari is now the top scorer in Serie A with 21 goals heres hoping he doesnt match Igor Prottis record of being top scorer and relegated in the same season back in 1995 with AS Bari

Padova have released a new third kit after complaints of too many kit clashes this season with our red and white strips the kit will make its debut in the Hellas Verona relegation decider hopefully it brings the team luck

padkit_Untitled.png

Zoff saves Padova Calcio! but...not himself

padfinzoff_Untitled.png

Padova survived relegation after a really tense last 3 games in which they were in and out of the relegation zone

a 2-2 draw with Benevento after we amazingly had 18 shots to their 9 we should have been 3-0 up at half time but only went in a goal ahead. Come the second half some disgraceful defending and an even more sickening penalty for Benevento put us 2-1 down and in serious shit! but thankfully Lazzari buried our last chance in the 84th minute to save a point

ezgif-1-312813aed2.gif

So to Hellas verona away who are a point behind us. A win would secure our safety and send Verona back to Serie B but they had other plans and ran out 1-0 winners. We had our chances to snatch a draw but to be fair they deserved it I thought we are almost certainly doomed now 2 points behind them with 1 game left

Genoa at home but Hellas had to play AC Milan away so we went for it starting off set to red attack and it paid off an early header in the 10th minute got rid of any nerves

ezgif-1-8a57563038.gif

The game was one sided after that and we ran out 3-0 winners Genoa didnt even have a sniff so Padova just played out the game and waited for the final whistle and the reaction of the players to see if we had done enough..

The whistle goes and theres celebrations all around we did it! Hellas lost 3-1 and we stayed up by a single point

padfintable_Untitled.png

Shockingly after the game I was sacked I barely had time to enjoy staying up when the chairman appeared and said he is giving me my P45 before blowing his cigar smoke in my face. News circulated in the press Padova ultras dragged him out of his car outside the stadium and demanded he lets me stay

I guess thats it then I leave the club in amazing shape established as a Serie A team with £37million in the bank, a very healthy wage bill and an exciting squad on good with great players who next season I believe I would have taken to the europa league places a real shame.So now Zoff has decided to take a sabbatical until Pes 2019 he will spend the summer watching the world cup and looking out for new talents for his next team

padova_Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom