The Master League adventures thread

Last two games of the group stage! Home to Atletico and away to Roma. All 3 of us are tied on 9 points currently with Maarsfort on 0 points in the group. We need 4 points from the next 2 games to guarantee qualification and 6 points to ensure we go through in first place.

Considering the 1-0 win away at Atletico I felt somewhat confident about the game but swapped to the 3-5-2 that worked so well in the away game and looked to just dominate the midfield as well as possible.

So heading into the final group game! It's a little complicated in terms of results needed to qualify. We have 12 points, Roma have 12 points and Atletico have 9. Atletico are almost guaranteed to win against Maarsfort and so that would also put them on 12 points with a better goal difference than both us and Roma. If we draw with Roma, we both go through but Roma goes through in first place. If we beat Roma, we go through top of the group with Atletico second. If we lose, we're out.

So with that in in mind I went for 3-5-2 and brought Rudiger into the back 3 to keep an eye on Dzeko. Azpilicueta moved to right back and Hazard partnered Morata up top. Setup to counterattack with the attack level immediately reduced. This game proved why, although he doesn't score as much as other forwards, Morata works so well in this setup.

Highlights for me are at 2:29 and 5:02.

I've tried to find something about a mager sack , but i found nothing on the web, so during a test for my db on ML (always did Skip match) i reached my goal :p

LOL
I find it funny that they use the word "sack" so often on the same screen.
No proper use of the English language. Zero.

PARRONDO.png

Argentinos are BACK!
Juniors go with new look for top flight return

After a miserable (albeit brief) spell in the 2nd tier of Argentine football, the club made famous by its greatest son (Diego Maradona) is back in the Primera Division and ready to make an impact with its youthful and exuberant lineup.

Promotion was clinched in style as the team romped to the title, losing just 6 games from the marathon 44 on offer. Manager Alfredo Berti compiled an attractive team, based around the talented trio of Mac Allister brothers and attacking threats such as Lenci and 15-goal top scorer Braian Romero.

Berti was expected to lead the team in its return to the top flight, however health reasons saw him step down from his role, leaving the job as potentially one of the most attractive in Argentina. So it came as a surprise when Club President Cristian Malaspina announced the appointment of relatively unknown Armando Parrondo as the teams new manager.

Parrondo stated at his opening press conference "I am here to take the team to the next level. We know things will be tough as we return to this division, but i have met the players and they are all focused in reaching the same goal, sustaining our position in the nations elite and pushing on to win the honours that this club deserves"

It is a bold statement to make from the rookie boss, but if his confidence can breed into the players at his disposal, then there is no reason that we wont see Argentinos Juniors return to the upper echelons of Argentine football and put out a team to grace the stadium named after Argentina's favourite son!

logo.png

January 2017:

BEL1.png

res1.png

Belgrano sink Juniors with late show!

It proved to be a less than desirable return to top flight football for Argentinos as their trip to Cordoba would end with a late defeat as the hosts Belgrano finally breached a stout defensive showing by the guests, to score a pair of goals in the final 20 minutes, capped by a fine header from Figueroa.

Argentinos offered little going forward with Lenci and Romero having half chances, but a late rash of fouls would see them left with 10-men as Sandoval saw his marching orders with a frustrating tackle at the death.

Its early days, but the refreshing football played by Argentinos under Berti in Nacional B, was certainly lacking in the teams display on Parrondo's debut.

HUR2.png

res2.png

Huracan do enough to open account!

A healthy travelling support saw Argentinos fall to a 2nd straight defeat as they faltered in their rally from a 2 goal deficit, mustering a solitary consolation via Cabrera midway through the 2nd half.

The hosts went ahead via Pussetto as he capitalised on a mistake at the back to slot past Lanzillotta. Then as Juniors hoped to get back into the tie, a sucker punch to start the 2nd half saw them chasing 2 goals once more. Cabrera's close range finish halved the arrears, before full back Torren saw a rasping volley tipped past the post in the dying embers of the affair.

Back to back defeats isnt the start the club wanted or needed and things wont get any easier as they open their home account against the mighty CA River Plate.

RIVER3.png

res3.png

Three of the Best!

Ignacio Scocco proved why he is one of hte leagues most potent threats as his 3 goal salvo fired River Plate to another win as they heaped more pressure on Parrondo and his failing charges at Argentinos.

A sell-out at the Estadio Diego Armando Maradona had hoped to roar its team on to a vital opening win on the season, but there was little hope of that as River lived up to their 'Grande' status, racing to a 3 goal lead on the back of Scocco's treble.

Lenci pulled one back for the hosts as they chased hard in the 2nd half and with Romero causing havoc on the wing, there looked to be more goals in Juniors armoury. Sadly time whittled away and the hosts would chase themselves down the tunnel under a barrage of abuse from the impatient home fans.

ML 2018 is better than 2017.
In ML 2017 I won everything with Watford (SS difficulty). Won Champion League in second season (1st participation in CL).

ML 2018, using West Ham United.

Everton 2 - 0 WHU
WHU 0 - 3 Manchester City
WHU 0 - 0 Arsenal
BHA 0 - 1 WHU
Watford 0 - 1 WHU

Player in:
Mandzukiç (£ 12M, initial offer £18M)
Sansone (£7M)
Haliloviç (£5M)
Diego Alves, Eremenko (free)

Outs:
Joe Hart (£12M)
Winston Reid (£21M)
Diafra Sakho (£7M)

All seem fair prices except W. Reid's.

ML 2018 is better than 2017.
In ML 2017 I won everything with Watford (SS difficulty). Won Champion League in second season (1st participation in CL).

ML 2018, using West Ham United.

Everton 2 - 0 WHU
WHU 0 - 3 Manchester City
WHU 0 - 0 Arsenal
BHA 0 - 1 WHU
Watford 0 - 1 WHU

Yes it is more difficult which is a good thing.

Matchday 6
WHU 2 - 1 Liverpool (Mandzukic 25' , 87'). First start for Mandzukic, 2 goals. MotM.
Could have been lost.

Matchday 7
Huddersfield United 0 - 1 WHU (the best game so far). League position #7.

Matchday 8
Swansea 0 - 0 WHU
Should have been won. Missed a glorious chance.

Last edited:
My playing style is slow build up and a bit defensive. Maybe it's perfect for Italian league?
I always play in Premier League.

The question is.. Can we actually feel a difference between the leagues?

But yes. Im very aware of my defensive approach. It is very important with Parma. I started really good, but know i'm having a lot of trouble creating chances. It is really great that this is actually happens. In FIFA i can play with the same tactic and approach all season.

Matchday 9.
WHU 0 - 3 Stoke City, very poor performance

Matchday 10.
Tottenham 5 - 1 WHU
Not a bad game actually, lost concentration and rhythm.

Last edited:
Matchday 11.
Manchester United 3 - 0 WHU

WHU 2 - 1 Bournemouth
Changing my formation from 4-2-3-1 to 3-3-1-3 (Bielsa?). I think I will settle with this new formation but need new players for it.

Matchday 13.
WHU 1 - 5 Leicester City (Slimani quintrick!).

Get Benatia for £10M.
Should get Rugani for similar price but the deal broke down (90% chance). I don't know, maybe I negotiated too much.

I am now what you say "having a blast". I started a new ML with Stoke City and just save/load AS Monaco 4-4-2 default formation.
I am enjoying it sooo much. Five games, 1 draw, 4 loses. There is a feeling I want more and more playing.
Can't believe it it only because a tactic/formation.

The club owner targeting #9 league position.
My target: anywhere but relegation.

Brescia v Ascoli . .a one man show . .lovely match, has a natural feel to it.. great long ball pass for the last goal.

Hey lads I’m new to this forum (have spent the last few years commenting in the PES fan forum).

Anyways, I’ve been trying to catch up on this thread looking at every post from the release of 2018 and I have to say I’m absolutely loving the enthusiasm for the game here.

I usually play online when a new PES is released until I get fed up, then I think about starting my master league campaign (normally West Ham).

This year I’m torn between starting with either West Ham, Sampdoria or Valencia. All teams I support. Any preferences from peeps on here?

Hey lads I’m new to this forum (have spent the last few years commenting in the PES fan forum).

Anyways, I’ve been trying to catch up on this thread looking at every post from the release of 2018 and I have to say I’m absolutely loving the enthusiasm for the game here.

I usually play online when a new PES is released until I get fed up, then I think about starting my master league campaign (normally West Ham).

This year I’m torn between starting with either West Ham, Sampdoria or Valencia. All teams I support. Any preferences from peeps on here?

Hi Tottiwhat and welcome . ..personally I prefer a continental flavour usually Serie B as do some of the other guys . .but if you're a hammers fan then EPL it is.

Ok Final game of the 3rd season. . .finished bottom of Serie b in first season and 16th in 2nd season and now 13th in the 3rd season. . so it's a slow progress . .Palermo v Brescia next.

Hi Tottiwhat and welcome . ..personally I prefer a continental flavour usually Serie B as do some of the other guys . .but if you're a hammers fan then EPL it is

Think I will go with Sampdoria eventually and drop them down to Seria B for the challenge. I’ve decided to test out challenge mode using Valencia first (fancy playing in the sunshine). they have a small tight knit squad with decent young players ready to develop. I’ll post some stuff up soon

Start of season 4 and first up we are away to Benevento who were relegated from Serie A . . Brescia made a big signing in bringing in Peneranda who looks the business . .. great match with a fantastic equaliser for Brescia . .great run, great pass, great finish.

Back
Top Bottom