The Master League adventures thread

Motivated by the harsh words by coach @rockstrongo :D, I started a new Master League with Juventus, always superstar and classic, taking it a bit more seriously, in a small project to fully test out individuality (after a good numer of games on this one, I'm planning to take a small team maybe in a smaller League like Brazil or Argentina).

I bought the ex Vidal, J.Rodriguez and on the last day of market Cavani, out went Asamoah and Betancur (I don't really have the will/time to grow youngers for now).
First 4 matches I won 3 and draw one, but they were all good battles even tho sometimes honestly CPU feels too strong against smaller teams like Crotone or Benevento. But some others the momentum switch and I can enjoy a good siege like I did against Atalanta when they were winning only by one goal (Higuain equalized for me in the end). The pace is still excellent, the randomness of situations keeps being very good and the basic shooting keeps convincing me, I confirm that's definitely better than the last years. I also LOVE the keepers this year.

I'll leave a small example of randomness I particularly liked here, in this Mandzukic goal, nothing special but it really felt good to see the feint by Cavani, the first post with his terrific bomb, the other post and then finally the tap in.. forgive the quality:

Last edited:
Motivated by the harsh words by coach @rockstrongo :D, I started a new Master League with Juventus, always superstar and classic, taking it a bit more seriously, in a small project to fully test out individuality (after a good numer of games on this one, I'm planning to take a small team maybe in a smaller League like Brazil or Argentina).

I bought the ex Vidal, J.Rodriguez and on the last day of market Cavani, out went Asamoah and Betancur (I don't really have the will/time to grow youngers for now).
First 4 matches I won 3 and draw one, but they were all good battles even tho sometimes honestly CPU feels too strong against smaller teams like Crotone or Benevento. But some others the momentum switch and I can enjoy a good siege like I did against Atalanta when they were winning only by one goal (Higuain equalized for me in the end). The pace is still excellent, the randomness of situations keeps being very good and the basic shooting keeps convincing me, I confirm that's definitely better than the last years. I also LOVE the keepers this year.

I'll leave a small example of randomness I particularly liked here, in this Mandzukic goal, nothing special but it really felt good to see the feint by Cavani, the first post with his terrific bomb, the other post and then finally the tap in.. forgive the quality:

Great stuff Mac,having a strong team really sticks out compared to weaker.
After 3 seasons on 17 with Milan I had 84-85 ovr players on all positions,and they played so smooth.
Try to sign Draxler and for balance on the MF,a monster

Started a Master League with Torino 15mins, default settings, superstar and challenge(changed to classic half way through to avoid the sack) and finding it really tough

Played 30 league games and 9 points from safety so relegation is looking likely although was 14 points off at one stage.

Somehow got through the Europa league group with 8 points, took a late goal in the final group game to see us through. Managed to beat Ajax in the last 32 3-2 on aggregate with Everton up next.

Since I've got team spirit up to 80 and signing andre Gomez from Barca finding games much more winnable plus having belotti banging in the goals who is a beast helps.

Here is match 7 against Huddersfield that i am beginning to see as my bogey team because they just knocked me out of the cup.

I included the commentary this time to see what it was like 10 years ago.

It wasn't a great game if I'm honest I think I was a bit tired when playing hence some of the bad defence from me.

Some people are describing challenge mode as another and less good experience?

I think Challenge only makes the thing more scripted. I was playing TP, Manual pass / Adv. Shooting AND Challenge and it was a nightmare. Went to Classic, thing got a little bit more relaxed. Changed to PA1, and went into SS. But SS is heavily scripted. TP is balanced for Manual Passing if you play Classic. Maybe Challenge + PA1 is balanced, too.

I was playing SS + Manual passing + Adv. Shooting, but I'm seeing too much scriptfest.

I think Challenge only makes the thing more scripted. I was playing TP, Manual pass / Adv. Shooting AND Challenge and it was a nightmare. Went to Classic, thing got a little bit more relaxed. Changed to PA1, and went into SS. But SS is heavily scripted. TP is balanced for Manual Passing if you play Classic. Maybe Challenge + PA1 is balanced, too.

I was playing SS + Manual passing + Adv. Shooting, but I'm seeing too much scriptfest.

You're perfectly right Ianni.

Here's an example of the script in my favour. . Ternana beat me easily in the last meeting but in this one they didn't turn up . ..watch the first goal for me. . I was in acres of space and allowed to score . .the same thing for the second goal .. third goal was decent and I loved the finish. .in the next match I was beaten 2-5 while playing the same "successful" tactics in the last 3 matches which I won. . this is scripting at it's worst.

Ok the team are improving slowly .starting to pull away from the bottom three a bit . .slow progress feels right in ML in my opinion . .you appreciate wins and improvement more . .. anyhoo next opponent Spezia.

The "Derby" Avellino v Brescia. . haven't managed to beat them in 3 meetings.

Smashing game Dec,still blows me away how good keepers look.
Haven't played in almost a week,fouls/switching etc has got my ML to a halt.
Hopefully they'll patch it soon

Great match v Genoa . .robbed by a shite winner for them but had 2 great chances at the end and blew it

still going Serie B then deco? looking forward to see if the patch improves things, I do miss the ML stories, might have to give Bari a second chance if i oick up the game

Short highlights Cittadella v Brescia

that is the reason I don't play master league. The play before the final goal was perfect pass followed by perfect pass and flicks..the goal was also perfect pass followed by another back heel..horrible..also it's just end to end there's hardly any midfield play

still going Serie B then deco? looking forward to see if the patch improves things, I do miss the ML stories, might have to give Bari a second chance if i oick up the game

It's either Serie B or Leeds but I prefer 3-5-2 Italian type football.. . I wouldn't put the house on Konami fixing things they way that we'd like them to be . . .a few slight tweaks, fix switching and add fouls /penos and I'd be happy . . .hopefully we'll be back sharing stories after the patch.

Back from the dead .. when you think you have chosen the wrong tactics and it looks like you have no chance of getting back into the game. ..stick to your game plan and be patient ..Novara v Brescia

Im in big dilema.I used to play ML with low stat clubs in superstar.This year i made 3 attempts 2 with pes united and 1 with Spal superstar/chalenge mode and i ended 3 times second from bottom.I tried in top-player but i won every match 2-0,3-1 without any difficulty. Should i stay in superstar for more than 2-3 seasons and wait for TS to go over 80-85 or is it inevitable to play an ML with weak team in superstar this year?

Im in big dilema.I used to play ML with low stat clubs in superstar.This year i made 3 attempts 2 with pes united and 1 with Spal superstar/chalenge mode and i ended 3 times second from bottom.I tried in top-player but i won every match 2-0,3-1 without any difficulty. Should i stay in superstar for more than 2-3 seasons and wait for TS to go over 80-85 or is it inevitable to play an ML with weak team in superstar this year?

I'd stay in Superstar and wait for TS to rise. . .I usually play Superstar manual but find it tough this year . . top player on manual feels right. .. remember that the first season is designed to keep you at the bottom.

@slamsoze Actually playing with Nottingham Forest, only made 2 signs, started bad. Then I played like a "small team", defensive, building slow every attack, won the league suffering every match. If you play focused it's actually possible to use small teams, the last matches were easier with a TS of 80, but you still have to try to keep the ball most of the time.

Premier League has been hell of a job this season, singing also has been hard, draws with big teams (Chelsea, ManU), some wins also, and trying to win against "lower" teams should be enough to get to europe, i hope.

Back
Top Bottom