The Master League adventures thread

The effort most of you guys putting in your videos and stories is amazing! Respect to that!
Really love reading that and watching your vids.

I picked up my ML yesterday after a couple of months and I had a lot of fun!
I´m in the 3rd season december with Aston Villa, switched to full manual at the beginning (before I played with basic shooting and manual passing).

Had many missed shots, but also scored screamers which is so damn rewarding!

My best players are Alvaro Morata and Inaki Williams.
Them two score the most goals and work very well together.
But Morata is injured for the next couple of weeks.
Lobato is getting his chance, even he is a better SS than an MS.
Mbokani, middle striker...I signed him from the youth players a year ago, but this guy never really gets into play.

He scored ONE lucky goal...always get´s pushed off the ball and never really finishes.
He´s probably too young yet. I´ll keep him and loan him to other clubs...maybe he´ll go through some good development.

The last game against Newcastle though:
Opponent kept sliding on Inaki Williams a lot. Poor guy was lying on the pitch in pain many times (who said CPU never fouls???). Many yellow cards for newcastle players.
Then at the end of the match, my co assistant tells me, Inaki Williams is injured...coming back somewhere in january.
Fuck! Both of my strikers are down and Mbokani is not a good replacement and Lobato is exhausted very quick!
Hell No! (Hell yeah! That´s what a good ML needs to be!!!! ;) )

And that just now, where I´m having my last game in the championsleague group games.
I´m in the third place behind Barca and gonna play Lazio Rome.
Only when I win against Lazio and Barca loses the next match, I´ll stand a chance to stay in the tournament.

Chances are very low...specially now where both of my best strikers are down.

Since Mbokani is a bad bet, I´ll let Coman - who usually plays as a winger - play as the middle striker, since he has the best rating in there.

I´m curious...

Sounds good . .try put vids up Chief .. love to see some action.

Dear journal,

I don't know why I brought you with me on the bench today. Maybe I just need something to write my thoughts onto, and my assistant manager doesn't like tattoos unfortunately.
Not that I had much to write about in the first half: a handful of corners for us, a couple of goalmouth scrambles (obviously leading to nothing, it's Cunturipa we're talking about) and Zarquagena being completely non-existent.

Second half underway, the flow of the game doesn't change much: we attack, they defend... And then Ribera picks up a loose ball just outside the box and scores. His shot is nothing special but who cares, we're finally ahead!
It took us way more than expected to score against a relegation contender but the important thing is that we've finally done it.
Still 1-0 up, I decide to sub Lafuente in. I call Ribera near and ask him if he feels like going on or not and he just says "I'm fine Gavin, if you sub me off remember that I know where you live". Puigcorbe leaving the pitch it is, then.

Minute 70: how come Zarquagena managed a shot on goal? Are we going crazy?
Corner for them, the ball gets headed out of play by Lafuente. Another corner, Malafaia scores. WHAT? Are you SERIOUS?
Then they come down the left, the ball gets passed in, Caceres controls it... 2-1. For them.
I wish this was PES: I would just hit the 'power' button on the console and then reload the match like nothing happened.

But it's not over yet: stoppage time, a cross from the left reaches Ribera... He gets dispossessed, he fights and wins the ball back, he shoots... HE SCORES! I can't believe it dear journal, we equalized! Léo again! I've never seen him play such a great match... He saved us!

Now, dear journal, this maybe isn't the result I would've expected but hey... Being 2-1 down until the very end of the match and then seeing a late equalizer scored by a player that I would've subbed off is already good enough for me.

Gavin​
Man..Ribera!
Saves the day,thought that you were heading for a loss.
Looked a real good game

The effort most of you guys putting in your videos and stories is amazing! Respect to that!
Really love reading that and watching your vids.

I picked up my ML yesterday after a couple of months and I had a lot of fun!
I´m in the 3rd season december with Aston Villa, switched to full manual at the beginning (before I played with basic shooting and manual passing).

Had many missed shots, but also scored screamers which is so damn rewarding!

My best players are Alvaro Morata and Inaki Williams.
Them two score the most goals and work very well together.
But Morata is injured for the next couple of weeks.
Lobato is getting his chance, even he is a better SS than an MS.
Mbokani, middle striker...I signed him from the youth players a year ago, but this guy never really gets into play.

He scored ONE lucky goal...always get´s pushed off the ball and never really finishes.
He´s probably too young yet. I´ll keep him and loan him to other clubs...maybe he´ll go through some good development.

The last game against Newcastle though:
Opponent kept sliding on Inaki Williams a lot. Poor guy was lying on the pitch in pain many times (who said CPU never fouls???). Many yellow cards for newcastle players.
Then at the end of the match, my co assistant tells me, Inaki Williams is injured...coming back somewhere in january.
Fuck! Both of my strikers are down and Mbokani is not a good replacement and Lobato is exhausted very quick!
Hell No! (Hell yeah! That´s what a good ML needs to be!!!! ;) )

And that just now, where I´m having my last game in the championsleague group games.
I´m in the third place behind Barca and gonna play Lazio Rome.
Only when I win against Lazio and Barca loses the next match, I´ll stand a chance to stay in the tournament.

Chances are very low...specially now where both of my best strikers are down.

Since Mbokani is a bad bet, I´ll let Coman - who usually plays as a winger - play as the middle striker, since he has the best rating in there.

I´m curious...
Nice to hear that your back in action Chief.
Yes had my fair share of strikers getting hacked down
Hope you get through in the CL even though It looks a tough challenge.
Welcome back Chief

Man..Ribera!
Yeah, a great match by Ribera!
A very strange thing happened with him indeed...
I chose Cunturipa because half of their squad is made of players in their 30s (which are, thus, declining) and I thought that finding the appropriate youths to replace those veterans would be a good challenge... But I got really attached to some of them (especially to Ribera, who is 35, and to Lafuente, who is 30). Now I've received a good (and I mean VERY good) offer for Ribera, but I can't force myself to let him go (even if everyone in the world would argue that letting him go now is the only sensible thing to do).

Yeah, a great match by Ribera!
A very strange thing happened with him indeed...
I chose Cunturipa because half of their squad is made of players in their 30s (which are, thus, declining) and I thought that finding the appropriate youths to replace those veterans would be a good challenge... But I got really attached to some of them (especially to Ribera, who is 35, and to Lafuente, who is 30). Now I've received a good (and I mean VERY good) offer for Ribera, but I can't force myself to let him go (even if everyone in the world would argue that letting him go now is the only sensible thing to do).
I hear you,have the same thing with Milan,except Niang Donnarumma and Romangioli,most of my players are around 30.
I refuse to sell Montolivo/abate/mexes/Kucka/Bertolucci etc.
But at the same time I have 5-6 very good youngsters out on loan,those guys will step into the squad next season (Mauri/Locatelli/cutrone/Calabria)
It's tough when you get attached to your players

Sampdoria had an easy 2-0 win over Pescara followed by a 1-1 draw with Crotone which they should have won . . ..next up is Roma .. . scrappy match . .

Denied a last gasp winner against Inter . . . . noooooooo!!!!!. . .. it was destined for the corner.
Handanovic 1- 0 Dec from Dublin.
That's just a killer save man
Starting season two tonite, rejuvenated when I found out that the stadium issue on Xbox just was a typo

First game of season two.
And it turned out absolutely breathtaking
Haven't had this in years.
You could clearly feel scripting/momentum on their side,but game was superb
Could quite make it through Palermos first press,they pressed my very hard from my box to the halfway line.
Great game,shit result

First game of season two.
And it turned out absolutely breathtaking
Haven't had this in years.
You could clearly feel scripting/momentum on their side,but game was superb
Could quite make it through Palermos first press,they pressed my very hard from my box to the halfway line.
Great game,shit result

Looked a great game . . .you should have won . ..I came up against Palermo tonight and also had a great match .. I played Moncada for the first time in over a season and he does this. . .he's off the transfer list now.. .we won 2-1

Looked a great game . . .you should have won . ..I came up against Palermo tonight and also had a great match .. I played Moncada for the first time in over a season and he does this. . .he's off the transfer list now.. .we won 2-1

That's a proper screamer,you'll probably get Neymar cash for him
Funny to read about shooting trajectories in some forums...
Just like you I've had some cool stuff happening to.
Good win mate.
I got a killer game vs Chievo in the making

2nd game of the season,Chievo away.
This game....man how sweet it is right now,probably bite me in the ass a few games down the road
My new signing Draxler is getting warm,plays great as a AMf,my other two,not that impressive yet.
And Niang showed me why he's not a bench player tonite

Game 3,no vid.
Vs Lazio,and I snatched a win,2-0!
Lucky win I guess,the gameplay is going bananas,after two incredible games this one wasn't
Felt like the CPU had PA 3 and +2 game speed,and knowing every move I made before I made them.
So I guess I'm headed for a few horrible ones
Nevertheless great win

2nd game of the season,Chievo away.
This game....man how sweet it is right now,probably bite me in the ass a few games down the road
My new signing Draxler is getting warm,plays great as a AMf,my other two,not that impressive yet.
And Niang showed me why he's not a bench player tonite

Great match bud.

Great match bud.
Cheers,yeah it really was,lose,unpredictable,had the upper hand in shots etc,but amazing.
Can't really believe how much this game surprises me.
For instance,CPU sliced a corner,the ball was out before reaching the penalty area.

Game 4,Bologna away.
A few notes first.
Last time around I played 5 seasons,4 of them with advanced through balls.
This time around,I've completely forgot about that,so for this game I brought advanced through balls back.

And what a difference in game play it makes,everything is looser,variations in goal scoring through the roof,a completely new game for me.
Look at Bolognas first goal,the miss kick by my defender,and one other detail,the goal and my goal keeper,see if you can spot my mistake there...a hint is the action I'm taking directly afterwards.

Best game I've played in ages,though my first two were outstanding,this one...omg.
To bad Fat-boy Destro were a pest all game long.
Amazing game

Game 4,Bologna away.
A few notes first.
Last time around I played 5 seasons,4 of them with advanced through balls.
This time around,I've completely forgot about that,so for this game I brought advanced through balls back.

And what a difference in game play it makes,everything is looser,variations in goal scoring through the roof,a completely new game for me.
Look at Bolognas first goal,the miss kick by my defender,and one other detail,the goal and my goal keeper,see if you can spot my mistake there...a hint is the action I'm taking directly afterwards.

Best game I've played in ages,though my first two were outstanding,this one...omg.
To bad Fat-boy Destro were a pest all game long.
Amazing game

That looked great fun . .great 3rd goal for Milan and great save by your keeper near the end.

Hey! Is it possible to play a offline master league together with a friend in another area(online). I know about share play but that ends in 60 minutes which is quite annoying. And if im not wrong if it ends in a middle of a game we cant just go back to share play and keep goin with the match. For me it didnt work, but maybe i did something wrong.

But is there another way or is it just share play thats the solution?

Hey! Is it possible to play a offline master league together with a friend in another area(online). I know about share play but that ends in 60 minutes which is quite annoying. And if im not wrong if it ends in a middle of a game we cant just go back to share play and keep goin with the match. For me it didnt work, but maybe i did something wrong.

But is there another way or is it just share play thats the solution?
Share Play is the only way to do it on console, as far as I know, and you should be able to renew the connection after 60 minutes by just starting up Share Play again (works for me)!

Back
Top Bottom