The Master League adventures thread

Re: The PES6 Master League Thread

Ickle 168cm tall Marcus Stein is bossing the holding position for me. The Vaduz captain sits just infront of the back four and takes out anyone foolish enough to cross his path :ram: He's a human traffic light set to red :lol:

ritzberger.jpg

Marcus Stein

Meanwhile, man-mountain stopper, Mattias Libermann, has lost his starting place to the Icelander Gretar Steinsson. I now tend to employ the giant German as a Huth-like character, bringing him on in the last 10 minutes or so to repel the onslaught of airborne attacks/corners etc that you tend to get when holding on to a lead. I've yet to chuck him upfront when needing a winner/equaliser.

sutter.jpg

Mattias Libermann

Midway through my third season and it's going well. One game into the 2nd half of the season and i've opened up a 6 point lead at the top! :) However, only one point separates 2nd from 6th, so it's a very open race, this season.

I'm really liking my formation too, a 4-1-2-3. It works out as 5 defenders and 5 attackers, if you like. The 1-2-3 part almost makes a "V" shape with a striker just above it.
HAHAHAH! I had to laugh at the bolded part because it so true!

I get pissed of everytime you score a goal and in the dying minutes the COM just go crazy on your defense! They either dribble past your defense and score a goal or fucking win some corner and one of their players piledrivers the cross into goal! Fucking piss me of!

I've drawn and lost games becuase of that shit!

About Stein his a useful player, but in don't play him all the time, but when i do plays well. His 28 now and still good!

Last edited:

hello mate

glad to hear it. it could well be that in pes6 players really seem to follow these sort of instructions better than in any prev version. i only set fredson to mm not mm agressively, as i always think that could allow either the player to get too tight and get turned or pick up a yellow card. thats just prob in my head though!

it seems as if your experience of it was a happy one.

which players did you use to mm ? your two full backs or did you utilise some wider mids ?

Obvioulsy, it is a negative tactic in many ways, do you recall Martin O'Neill doing that in the League cup final vs M'boro some years ago. Cant remember player in question - he was a scandinavian journeyman at leicester but it worked a treat, as he stuck with juninho all game.

db
I've heard the story about that league cup final recently, but at that time i was quite young and i didn't watch football as deeply as i do now, so if the match was on TV i wouldn't of bothered watching is, since it wasn't an Inter Milan playing! lol!

Anyways the players i used was Rea, who was my leftback, to mark Esposito on the rightwing and Liberté (aka Valeny), my RB, to mark Langella on the leftwing. I played Leone (aka Libermann), my man-mountain stopper as PN would put it, to mark Suazo up front! And it worked quite well.

The marking were all set on aggressively!

Also when you've got a player marking someone aggressively they tend to follow them almost everywhere and this is could probably leave gaps in your defense!

Nearing the end of the season with St. Etienne. Won the league with some 14 points ahead of Lyon. No more consecutive championships for them, 5 was enough. Lost the French Cup final against PSG at St. Denis, 2-1.

Now for the CL final, against Man Utd. I'm confident that i can get the result but let's see.

FC Sicily Master League Season 2008 (End of Season)

Key
winter16x163ve.jpg
= Mid-Season Transfer
summer16x168pq.jpg
= Off-Season Transfer
--------------------------------------
Siena_players.jpg

Siena players celebrate thier promotion to D1

:arrow: Italian League Division 2

1 Siena 34
2 Torino 26
3 Atalanta 25
4 Empoli 19
5 Catania 18
6 Genoa CFC 16
7 AC Cesena 14
8 FC Sicily 8

My team finished bottom of the league, again, for the third time running. Wasn’t really a surprise, since I had a 20 man squad, which turned into a 19 man squad after I sold Hamidi. Plus I was more focused on the Cup!

Italian League D2 Overall Best Player: Vieri (Atalanta)
Italian League D2 Top Scorer: Chiesa (8 Goals) (Siena)
Italian League D2 Top Assister: Buscé (4 Assists) (Empoli)

FC Sicily Player of The Season: Dodo (6.1 AR)
FC Sicily Top Scorer: Orlando (3 Goals)
FC Sicily Top Assister: Flavio (2 Assists)

:arrow: Italian League Division 2 CUP

Quarter-Final Result
FC Sicily 1-1 Siena

Had a good cup run this season which started of at home to Siena. I Basically played a defensive game in which I played a 4-3-2-1 formation where I had 3 DMF holding of attacks from players like Chiesa, Locatelli and Raul Meireles. It worked quite well, I got a draw out of the game though, which I didn’t mind, just as long as the Siena didn’t score a goal. Now in the away match my plan was to be really attack minded and get the away goal. I played a attacking 3-5-2 formation with one DMF, a CMF, two SMF (with attacking arrows pointed upwards) on either flanks, Manu as my SS and Ambrosi & Orlando as my two CF. This formation worked well for me, I won the match 1-0, with a goal by Manu, who’s pace and agility caused all sorts of trouble Siena defense.

Semi-Final Result
Catania 0-2 FC Sicily

In this round, against Catania, I used the same tactics as I used against Siena, which was to play defensively in the home leg and go all out in the away leg to snatch an away goal. Worked again! I won the first game which was an away game 1-0, with a header from Franceschini (aka Ximelez). In the second leg not only did I manage to hold out attacks but I go goal from Manu early in the second (who had a great game!). I was through to the final.

Final Result
FC Sicily 0-2 Torino

Well in the final I didn’t know whether to attack or play defensively, since this wasn’t a two legged tie. I decide to go for a 3-6-1 formation to try and hold of Torino attack for most of the match and then try and get a late goal by bringing on Manu late in the game. It didn’t quite work well. Managed to hold them off in the first half but fell apart in the second with tow goals from Abbruscato.

defeated.jpg

defeated!

I wasn’t disappointed that I lost in the final, since I just wanted a good cup so I can earn some points to cover my teams wages. Which I did and I also managed to make extra points when Flavio (aka Fouque) became the top scorer.

>Here's all the highlights of the cup matches<

Italian League D2 CUP Overall Best Player: Fiore (Torino)
Italian League D2 CUP Top Scorer: Konan (3 Goals) (Torino)
Italian League D2 CUP Top Assister: Flavio (2 Assists) (FC Sicily)

:arrow: Transfers

AngeloRea1.jpg

Rea, playing against Milan's Kaka, makes a move to the south of Sicily

IN:

Rea [CB/SB] (Messina) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Rea I s a very useful defender who can play all along the back as a CB, RB or LB. His a right footed player with a good left foot which makes him have the ability to play across the back four, with his weak foot frequency/accuracy both being 6. His also tall (185cm) and strong (balance: 84) and has a bit of pace on him to. When I first looked at him I wasn’t sure to bring him in (even though he was on a free!), but I noticed he could play as a SB, and had a good weak foot frequency/accuracy and I needed a LB badly after Roberto (aka Ruskin) left for Udinese. So I snapped him up.

Manzoni [SMF] (Atalanta) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
I sold Eugenio (aka Espinas) to Ascoli, so it was I brought in a younger player to replace him. Manzoni is an already good RMF who needs a bit of improving to do. His fast (top speed/acceleration, 83/85), good on the ball (technique/dribble acc./dribble speed, 78/78/77) and has is decent at crossing and passing the ball (s. pass acc./s. pass speed/l. pass acc./long pass speed, 77/71/72/75). His weak point is probably won’t go back and defend, his defense is 48. But still a good player though who can develop into a better player, which at the age of 21, turning 22 next season, will.

Husek [DMF] (Sparta Prague) ------> FC Sicily - €3000 (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
One thing that was missing from my team was a tall, strong DMF (which was probably the reason why struggling in a lot of matches). Husek fits the bill. His balance is 86, his jump 77 and stands at 186cm tall. It took me two offers to get him, which I had to pay over the limits for; He originally cost around 2300 something and I paid Sparta Prague 3000 with and extra 150 on his wages just to get him.

OUT:

Hamidi [CF] (FC Sicily) ------> Reggina - €2004 (1 year contract)
winter16x163ve.jpg

-
Hamidi is a good goal scorer but the problem with him is his to damn slow! He is always gets pushed of the ball and was really ineffective when he played, so I put him on the transfer list and sold him to Reggina.

Ferrari [SMF/WG] (FC Sicily) ------> Sparta Prague - €2895 (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Ferrari (aka Macco) was sold after I brought Manzoni, so he would have a hard time getting into the first team especially with Manu being above him on the pecking order. So he moved to east of Europe to play his football in Prague.

Eugenio [SMF/WB] (FC Sicily) ------> Ascoli - €3588 (1 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
I had Eugenio on the transfer list since last season and was hoping to cash in on him the 35 year old SMF, which I did and for quite a lot of points. He was decent player for me, but was getting slower and he was really physically weak (balance, 68.), so he did become a bit of a liability.

:arrow: Players

Goalkeeper

1 Ilario
ita.gif

Defenders

13 Rinaudo
ita.gif

3 Jorrado
ita.gif

2 Gillian
rsa.gif

6 Rea
ita.gif

15 Leone
ita.gif

17 Liberté
sen.gif

22 Stefano
ita.gif

Midfielders

5 Dodo (C)
ita.gif

7 Manzoni
ita.gif

11 Franceschini
ita.gif

10 Flavio
ita.gif

16 Aguilar
col.gif

18 Settimio
ita.gif

25 Firmani
ita.gif

4 Husek
cze.gif

14 Manu
por.gif

Forwards

20 Ambrosi
ita.gif

9 Orlando
ita.gif

21 Burchet
ita.gif

:arrow: Finance

Funds: €4404
Team Salary: €8418

Last edited:

hello mate

sounds like some good buys there. I like the sound of Husek, although for some reason i've always prefered more stocky shorter players in the DMF role.

Do you really only have 1 keeper ?!?

db

I see you've gone for a 20 man squad SB. Same here. Funnily enough, Vaduz have a 20 man squad irl. You really don't need anymore in Div2, especially if you get eliminated from the cup in the first round every year. Now that i've managed to reduce the amount of suspensions i got (better tackling), my squad isn't stretched at all. Div1, Europe and cups, well that'll test our mettle.

Ivanov has been ever-present between the sticks for me. Lothar has played in one cup game, i think. I wouldn't mind an injury to my first choice keeper though - you know, to create a weak link and all that (Hilario @ Chelsea v Barca and all that).

Speaking of injuries, before I started my Aachen ML I went through the Aachen squad and nudged all the A injuries down to B injuries. I've already had a few occur; all short-term yellows, but the increased frequency is much more realistic.

If I had the time and patience I'd go through my OF and set 90% of players to either B or C, but that would take so long. Perhaps we should suggest it to Compulsion as an addition to his global editing options. It would be nice if you could just say 'set all A to B', or knock them all down one level, then it'd be a much smaller job to go back and set the really reliable players back to A, if you see what I mean.

Two hard fought points there Db.

Regarding injuries. The com's having some, but i generally rest players when/if they become knackered. I understand they're more likely to pick up injuries if they're stamina is low, no?

My friends sometimes when i read your posts i think i'm playing an other game.
Most of you seem to struggle while my Atalanta team is doing fairly good...5th in division one isn't that bad...Yet, i'm sure that most of you are better players than i am....

Second i've had quite some injuries: Ventola on two occasions and Defendi once.

Stringer playing with Atalanta i have Manzoni in my team. He's not bad but the CPU gives him always very low ratings (4,5 - 5 - 5,5) even when IMHO he has played a very good match.

Atalanta's best player to me is Migliaccio. This must be subjective, when i let the CPU put the team with the abilities of the players as main factor, he isnt even in the team.

For the first time since playing PES i play very defensive: 4-3-2-1, maybe that's why i'm doing rather good.

Right Im about to start my ML Default Player team league, starting tonight probably, anyone have any ideas for good formations for Southampton FC. Dont forget its with Costalo and Minanda and co.

So any help?

Oh yeah for my other team, I managed to get a 1-1 draw in the friendly, got rid of Cristian Zapata, and Anthony McMahon, and got Costacurta and Chiesa reborn at 17 now :D

how about building the team around Jan Schlaudraff (apols if you are already doing so) - he scored an amazing goal the other weekend against bremen.
Not bad at all!

Well it set me on the right track, thanks db. I started off with that in mind, and although the end result isn't built completely around him, he's a cog in what so far seems like a fun system to play.

I've got a sort of lob-sided 4-4-2/4-3-3 going on, one fullback narrow and defensive, one wide and attacking, that sort of thing. Quite similar to the system I used with Levante for a couple of seasons at the end of PES4, but sadly without the monstrous Felix Ettien this time. Anyway, it's a good starting point.

Not too successful though! The first match with this system went quite well, Schlaudraff bagged two good goals against Hertha Berlin, but they equalised in injury time. That was followed up by some shambolic defending in two crushing defeats (3-0 and 3-1) and Aachen are back at the foot of the table again. Great! ;)

Speaking of injuries, before I started my Aachen ML I went through the Aachen squad and nudged all the A injuries down to B injuries. I've already had a few occur; all short-term yellows, but the increased frequency is much more realistic.

If I had the time and patience I'd go through my OF and set 90% of players to either B or C, but that would take so long. Perhaps we should suggest it to Compulsion as an addition to his global editing options. It would be nice if you could just say 'set all A to B', or knock them all down one level, then it'd be a much smaller job to go back and set the really reliable players back to A, if you see what I mean.
Hey nerf i did what you did.

I set all my default players injury to B (2 of them have C) and set all the Serie A players who have A for injury to B.

I got the idea from del piero.

espanyol.jpg

RCD ESPANYOL NOTICIAS

RUFETE RELISHING VALENCIA REUNION

news10.jpg

After picking up two vital points in midweek, things certainly aren't likely to get much easier for Espanyol as the weekend approaches. First up is a tussle with Valencia before the much anticipated Derbi Barceloni.

Los Che old boy Francisco Rufete, is certainly looking forward to facing his former teammates on Saturday. He is also confident that the blanc-i- blau can cause an upset against one of the strongest squads in Spain.

Zabaleta and Costa remaining the favoured pairing in the centre, Jonatas, who missed the game at the Anoeta is likely to remain on the bench. With Fredson and Ito also available to operate in the holding role, the competition for midfield places is really hotting up.

website link

hello mate

sounds like some good buys there. I like the sound of Husek, although for some reason i've always prefered more stocky shorter players in the DMF role.

Do you really only have 1 keeper ?!?

db
Husek has been a decent player so far. Needs a bit of improving.

I've been playing with one goalkeeper for two and a half seasons now. :)

I've put every goalkeepers condition to 8. So Ilario been able to play every game for me.

I see you've gone for a 20 man squad SB. Same here. Funnily enough, Vaduz have a 20 man squad irl. You really don't need anymore in Div2, especially if you get eliminated from the cup in the first round every year. Now that i've managed to reduce the amount of suspensions i got (better tackling), my squad isn't stretched at all. Div1, Europe and cups, well that'll test our mettle.

Ivanov has been ever-present between the sticks for me. Lothar has played in one cup game, i think. I wouldn't mind an injury to my first choice keeper though - you know, to create a weak link and all that (Hilario @ Chelsea v Barca and all that).
Hey Professor Nutmeg i never really choose to play with a 20 man squad, it's just the players i sold and the amount of players i was able to bring in.

But i like to have a limit of 23 players in my team, instead of 30 or something, since every player will be able to get a game. Plus it makes it a bit more challenging when your small squad is stretched with injuries and suspension.

My friends sometimes when i read your posts i think i'm playing an other game.
Most of you seem to struggle while my Atalanta team is doing fairly good...5th in division one isn't that bad...Yet, i'm sure that most of you are better players than i am....

Second i've had quite some injuries: Ventola on two occasions and Defendi once.

Stringer playing with Atalanta i have Manzoni in my team. He's not bad but the CPU gives him always very low ratings (4,5 - 5 - 5,5) even when IMHO he has played a very good match.

Atalanta's best player to me is Migliaccio. This must be subjective, when i let the CPU put the team with the abilities of the players as main factor, he isnt even in the team.

For the first time since playing PES i play very defensive: 4-3-2-1, maybe that's why i'm doing rather good.
Yeah, Manzoni is a good player, better than i thought he would be.

Doni seems to give me the most trouble in your Atalanta team. He plays as a AMF, his tall, strong and takes the corners and the freekicks.

GOING UP!

FC Vaduz Crowned 2008 Division 2 Champions

fc-vaduz-chiasso01.jpg

Liechtenstein minnows FC Vaduz achieved promotion to the Zentral Liga Division 1 last night, in what was a nailbiting end to the season.

Having squandered a seven point lead, Vaduz were seemingly unable to achieve early promotion in their third season. Instead, the Liechtensteiners saw themselves leapfrogged by rivals Heracles Almelo on the penultimate day. A loss in the last fixture to Excelsior could have spelt disaster. Nevertheless, manager Professor Nutmeg motivated his charges for a 'must win' game, in which victory, although guaranteeing promtion, didn't guarantee the division title.
A brace from goal-scoring sensation Dante López and a strike from Enrico Cardoso sealed a deserved 3-1 victory over Excelsior. Concurrently, Heracles Almelo were subjected to a shock 3-2 defeat at home to basement side Waalwijk, ensuring FCV grabbed the title. Celebrations reached fever pitch as news came through of Heracles' result.

Paraguayan striker Dante López yet again hit double figures for the club, two seasons in a row. The striker bagged eleven goals, three less than last season, yet he still claimed the Division's top scorer award for a second season running. Brazilian Enrico Cardoso, followed closely behind his South American compatriot, chipping in with nine goals in his first season.

Final Standings for Season 2008

FC Vaduz 25pts
Heracles Almelo 23pts
Excelsior 21pts
S. Rotterdam 20pts

W:8 D:1 L:5 GS:25 GC:22

Top scorer: Dante López (11 goals)
FCV Player of the season: Enrico Cardoso

Last edited:

GOING UP!

FC Vaduz Crowned 2008 Division 2 Champions

fc-vaduz-chiasso01.jpg

Liechtenstein minnows FC Vaduz achieved promotion to the Zentral Liga Division 1 last night, in what was a nailbiting end to the season.

Having squandered a seven point lead, Vaduz were seemingly unable to achieve early promotion in their third season. Instead, the Liechtensteiners saw themselves leapfrogged by rivals Heracles Almelo on the penultimate day. A loss in the last fixture to Excelsior could have spelt disaster. Nevertheless, manager Professor Nutmeg motivated his charges for a 'must win' game, in which victory, although guaranteeing promtion, didn't guarantee the division title.
A brace from goal-scoring sensation Dante López and a strike from Enrico Cardoso sealed a deserved 3-1 victory over Excelsior. Concurrently, Heracles Almelo were subjected to a shock 3-2 defeat at home to basement side Waalwijk, ensuring FCV grabbed the title. Celebrations reached fever pitch as news came through of Heracles' result.

Chilean striker Dante López yet again hit double figures for the club, two seasons in a row. The striker bagged eleven goals, three less than last season, yet he still claimed the Division's top scorer award for a second season running. Brazilian Enrico Cardoso, followed closely behind his South American compatriot, chipping in with nine goals in his first season.

Final Standings for Season 2008

FC Vaduz 25pts
Heracles Almelo 23pts
Excelsior 21pts
S. Rotterdam 20pts

W:8 D:1 L:5 GS:25 GC:22

Top scorer: Dante López (11 goals)
FCV Player of the season: Enrico Cardoso
Congratulations on your title win mate! :)

Have you had any offers for Dante Lopez yet, without putting him on the transfer list? The COM seems to give you a lot of points for them.

Yesterday i got a offer from Lazio for Orlando, they were offering 6400 and something! I refused the offer BTW.

Seconded. Well done Proff, after a les sthan auspicious start, it's great to see you've turned it around. Which teams are in Div 1 btw ?

db

mymu_anthony_costa_lead_203x152.jpg

ps - why does from Anthony Costa from Blue play for you ??!?

I'm just about to start the off-season now. I've accumilated a healthy amount of points, so i'm not in need really. However, if a bigger club came in for Dante López, i'd sell him, regretfully of course, just for the realism of it. The finances would be used to attract another striker or indeed, i'd develop another young talent.

If i remember correctly, it's the rest of the Dutch sides in Div1 - Ajax, PSV etc mixed with the Scandy sides that went up, Rosenborg and Copenhagen so far.

Last edited:

I'll go for a 4-5-1 mate.

Cheers, I decided to opt for te 4-5-1 type formation although its actually 5-3-2-1 as I use 2 DMF's a CMF and 2 AMF's.

Southampton FC are looking for promotion or top two finish for the new 2006 season, with their new manager Romaninho21 they are hoping for success and a good start to the season.

Good luck for Minanda as the new captain of Southampton FC, here is a few comments from the new manager:

"I have decided to play Ivanov in goal, from left to right for defence its, Valeny, Stremer, Jaric, Ruskin, then in DMF positions its Stein and Iouga, CMF is Espimas, and the two AMF's are Minanda and Huylens with Castollo bein the lone striker."

Southampton got off to a fairly good start of the season to good opposition. Heres the result below.

Southampton FC 2 - 2 Celtic
Huylens x 2 - Vennegoor x 2
MOTM = Forgot one of Celtics players I think.
Comments: Well it was a hard fought battle by both teams, Southampton started well with good posession getting into good positions but Celtic were the ones to score the opening goal, that was quickly answered by Huylens who slipped one in just inside the box, good chances by both teams, but it was a deadly cross met by Vennegoors head to settle the deadlock to put Celtic ahead 2-1, Southampton however kept their nerve and passed it around nicely, with a fabulous goal by Huylens after awonderful team movement and passing to get a point from the game, and it ended 2-2.

Southampton FC were now 3rd after the first game, a good start indeed.

Stringer, in the OF i use (can't remember which one) Doni is still with Mallorca and i forgot to "repair" that...and worse is to come...for that reason i started a new ML with Atalanta and once again for some reason i forgot about Doni (Alzheimer's disease)...
Doni is a player i loved in some of the previous PES versions, he was in the Italian national team then...

Prof: congratulations....go on and win the CL with Vaduz...

Bought one player in the mid-season transfer window, Togoles SMF Selaya.
Tried to buy an Angolan SMF who was pretty good at the WC, but he refused to come...same for Mbark Boussoufa of Anderlecht.

Played two matches after the mid-season transfer window:

Atalanta - Galatasaray 1-0

28th Vieri
MOTM: Donati

Cup: Atalanta - Panathinaikos 1-0

35'th Defendi
MOTM: Defendi

Atalanta are currently fifth in the league and in the semi-final of the Cup.

So anyways, may I ask what everyone's record is in ML, not overall, but whatever season you're in now. Mine:

W D L
8 3 0

FC Sicily Master League Season 2009 (End of Season)

Key
winter16x163ve.jpg
= Mid-Season Transfer
summer16x168pq.jpg
= Off-Season Transfer
--------------------------------------
lasnik-andreas.jpg

The Austrian who changed everything around

:arrow: Italian League Division 2

1 Cagliari 31
2 Genoa CFC 25
3 FC Sicily 23
4 AC Cesena 21
5 Catania 19
6 Atalanta 17
7 Empoli 14
8 Chievo Verona 9

Had a good season by finishing third in the league, could of been promoted in the last game of the season against Empoli, which I won 1-2, but Genoa won their game aganst Atalanta so it wasn’t possible. The season didn’t start of good though; three defeats, couple of draws and one win, left me second from bottom, after seven games played. But that all changed when I brought in Lasnik, the Austrian Int’l, during the mid-season break, which saw me win five games in seven. Lasnik pace and power produced some excellent performances on the left where he was just causing havoc to RBs/RMFs!

Italian League D2 Overall Best Player: Vieri (Atalanta)
Italian League D2 Top Scorer: David Suazo (8 Goals) (Cagliari)
Italian League D2 Top Assister: David Suazo (5 Assists) (Cagliari)

FC Sicily Player of The Season: Lasnik (6.7 AR)
FC Sicily Top Scorer: Orlando (5 Goals)
FC Sicily Top Assister: Manzoni (2 Assists)

:arrow: Italian League Division 2 CUP

Quarter-Final Result
Catania 1-2 FC Sicily

I won the first leg away 2-1 with my attacking 3-4-3 formation. The second leg at home I drew 0-0, I used a defensive 5-4-1 formation. Through to the semi-final.

Semi-Final Result
Genoa CFC 5-2 FC Sicily

My tactics back fired on me for this tie. I lost 3-2 away, which wasn’t a bad result considering I got two away goals. The second leg I lost at home I lost 0-2, my defensive formation got ripped apart!

Final Result
Genoa CFC 3-1 Empoli

Italian League D2 CUP Overall Best Player: Longas (Empoli)
Italian League D2 CUP Top Scorer: Figueroa (4 Goals) (Genoa CGC)
Italian League D2 CUP Top Assister: Tissone (2 Assists) (Tissone)

:arrow: Transfers

danny_wintjens.jpg

Stringer Bell has faith in the Dutch goalkeeper

IN:

Lasnik [SMF] (Austria Vienna) ------> FC Sicily - €3850 (3 year contract)
winter16x163ve.jpg

-
Okay, basically I signed this guy because the weak point of my team was the LMF. Franceschini was just getting bullied by opposing team players! It wasn’t even funny, everytime he got the ball and a player was coming towards him, he would simply get barged of the ball sooooooo easily, couldn’t even make a run or get a cross in and was starting to get slow (wasn’t a surprise since he was 33). So I decide to bring in Lasnik in the mid-season, which was risky once since it put me into further financial trouble! But it paid off well. He was fast on/off the ball, really strong, had good dribbling skills and always got into good attacking positions on the left, where he could deliver a cross in or run toward goal and get a shot in. Plus it was hard for players to get him of the ball. Probably the best player I bought so in my ML! The bad thing about him is he can’t play every single game (condition: 4) and I’ll have to rest him once in a while. This wasn’t a problem this season since I’d been knocked out of the cup and was able to get a breather during the cup weeks.

Bruno Moraes [CF] (FC Porto) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Moraes was brought in as an extra option upfront. His different from the other forwards I had in my team. He is much more technical than all of them and is left-footed, which is something that could be a benefit if I put him upfront with Orlando (right-footed). He doesn’t have a great deal of pace and isn’t that strong, but hopefully his technique and powerful left-foot could be added factor to my team.

Wintjens [GK] (SC Heerenveen) ------> FC Sicily - €1000 + Aguilar (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Been trying to get Wintjens all trough my ML campaign, but didn’t have sufficient funds to get him. Finally I did this season with Aguilar as part of the deal. Wintjens is a 26 year old, 200cm tall, Dutch goalkeeper that will likely go straight into the starting eleven. I hope he can develop into a really good ‘keeper by the team his 30, his goalkeeping skills at the moment is 79, hopefully the more games he plays the better he gets.. I’ll have two good goalkeepers in my team that I can rely on after spending two and a half season with just one (Ilario).

Di Dio [CB] (Reggina) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Thought I bring in this another defender, just in case Stefano and Liberté aren’t up to task of filling in for Rinaudo or Jorrado, when absence. Basically Di Dio is a 24 year old CB who could possibly develop into a good defender.

Pieri [SB/WB] (Sampdoria) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Pieri was a last gasp signing. I originally wanted to bring in a LB, (as back up for Rea) who could play as a LMF to (to cover for Lasnik, when his not playing), but wasn’t able to bring one in. So I brought in Pieri instead as a make-due-signing.

OUT:

Franceschini [SMF/WB] (FC Sicily) ------> Besiktas JK - €1555 (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Franceschini was proving to be a liability on the left of the midfield because he was soooo slow and physically weak that he couldn’t even get past a player and put in a cross. After I brought in Lasnik during the mid-season break, he was basically a bench warmer for the rest of the season, thus proving to be surplus to requirements for next season. So I sold and now his honeymooning in turkey.

Aguilar [DMF] (FC Sicily) ------> SC Heerenveen - €1000 + Wintjens (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

-
Aguilar wasn’t able to get into the team on a regular basis, he is quite an average player plus he was to weak, which is a problem when I’m trying to hold onto a lead and opposing players are skinning past him! So I thought I send him to Holland as part of the deal to bring Wintjens in.

:arrow: Players

Goalkeeper

1 Wintjens
ned.gif

99 Ilario
ita.gif

Defenders

16 Di Dio
ita.gif

23 Pieri
ita.gif

13 Rinaudo