37' Vieri 2-1
45' Figo 3-1
66' Ventola 3-2

35' Cordoba: red card

MOTM: Toldo

Re: The PES6 Master League Thread

You need to pick 'Yes'.

Thanks.

I have fatigue turned on. I manage my energies :mrgreen:. Mainly though, in the second division you only have to play one game a week, and sometimes there's even a rest week. Add to that, my players have a good stamina rating.

- My latest ML results, had my first transfer window. Sent Guzman on loan to Fiorentina, that's all.

Atalanta Juventus 0-1 Trezeguet
Juventus - Besiktas 3-0 Trezeguet Trezeguet Del Piero

hi Don,

Won't this also mean that classic players can be bought up to though ?

cheers

db

Hi Db, 3 games of the new season gone and 3 defeats for me :( . I even went 1-0 up against Rosenborg (title challenges) but ended up losing 4-1.

I'm having trouble tackling, i can't seem to work out the best way to challenge/dispossess a player. They either glide past me, or i take them out and the ref steps in. Any tips?

hi mate

thats my main prob too!

the AI is so clinical now that once they sniff a chance on goal it's as good as in.

i spoke to jeff about this, and he reckons closing down the opp earlier (higher up the pitch) is the key. at LEAST one strong dmf is vital too i think - i played a few matches with fulham & man city and found big bouba diop and dabo to be real boons in terms of breaking down attacks.

i havent played an human opposition yet, i presume its less of a problem then ?

db

Maybe the fact that the Prof and Stringer Bell are struggling is due to the fact that they play with the very weak default players.
I play with Atalanta Bergamo which should be a better team than the default bunch and i have to say that i have less problems although i notice the difference too...i have far more yellow and red cards and i have serious trouble to start attacks out of the defense...i have the feeling that once the CPU team is in an attacking "mood" all my players can do is get the ball away but nothing more than that...this is the PES where i takes me the longest time to come to grips with ...

hi Don,

Won't this also mean that classic players can be bought up to though ?

cheers

db

Hi,

Yes, probably. But as always I leave the classic teams locked. Alternatively you could edit the classic players into other players.

I'm having trouble tackling, i can't seem to work out the best way to challenge/dispossess a player. They either glide past me, or i take them out and the ref steps in. Any tips?

Maybe instead of trying to disposses the opposition player, you could try to just stay in position and let them find a way to go past you. I defend like that anyway, just fall back and with :square: let some midfielders go after the player in possesion. Also I think simply running the ball of someone's feet is more effective than :x: . I'm also lousy at :circle:-tackling though.

I'm trying to stick with them, but they're beating me 9 times out of 10. The com's passing now is pretty damn good, if you ask me - totally taking me apart at times (with the default crew). The thing is, i know where the com wants to pass and move and so on. It's just seems so sluggish getting my players to do stuff. Every 50/50 challenge results in the com player getting the ball eg after a collision (even if i'm closer to the ball).

Essentially, i've become worse at PES since PES5. I would say due to Nokami's tweaks. To make it 'harder' they've just added a sluggishness/delay element to the gameplay. However, this finally means i have no worries about buying better players now, as i really need them.

espanyol.jpg

RCD ESPANYOL NOTICIAS

RCD ESPANYOL 0 AUXERRE 1

news4.jpg

LINK

You will need good results stringer...running out of money...i hopeyou can win a couple of training matches in the off-season period...
Hey Stan i just finished my second season last night, I arranged two friendly with D. Kiev and S. Prague. I've already played the first game aginst D. Kiev, which ended 2-2 (two late goals by Orlando).

But it seems both those matches won't bring in enough points for me and i had to sell one of my promising default players so i won't get a game over. :(

Maybe i shoud of arrange more matches, but the good thing is i manged to get a few players on a free transfer.

hi mate

thats my main prob too!

the AI is so clinical now that once they sniff a chance on goal it's as good as in.

i spoke to jeff about this, and he reckons closing down the opp earlier (higher up the pitch) is the key. at LEAST one strong dmf is vital too i think - i played a few matches with fulham & man city and found big bouba diop and dabo to be real boons in terms of breaking down attacks.

i havent played an human opposition yet, i presume its less of a problem then ?

db
Hey Db i find if you defend higher up the pitch the COM teams can easily cut through your defence.

Also i reckon on of the main problems in midfeild is i haven't got any strong midfeilders like the Bouba Diop type, i often look past them and go for midfeilders (DMF/CMF) with passing skills instead of a strong midfeilders.

Something i might need to sought out in the off-season ;)

If i'm in dire straits financially i always play as much friendly matches as possible...i only once had a game over...that was in PES5 with Standard de Liège, i simply bought too much players...which was really dumb considered that afterwards i could play only one more friendly...

My second season isn't looking good for game over. I have about 1400 points or so and my wages are about 8700. 3 games gone, 2 losses and i think i earned 20 points (1 goal) :)

Hi Db, 3 games of the new season gone and 3 defeats for me :( . I even went 1-0 up against Rosenborg (title challenges) but ended up losing 4-1.

Hey Professor Nutmeg when your 2-0 down or something and your in the second half, you bring on Burchet, play him in as a RWF on the right diagonally between your CF and RMF, put his arrow diagonally towards the goal, his defense to low...and you have a player who can cause a lot of havoc to the oppisition defense!

He literately just breeze past players easily!

Just keep running with him and when your on the wings, tripple tap :circle: and you've got a good chance of one of your players knocking the ball into the goal.

All the games i've won and drew were mostly because of Burchets "special guest" appearances. :D

Here's a game against Catania I won late on in the game when i brought Burchet on >Click<

Also about the talking i'm also in the same predicament as you, probably denirobob advice on getting a stronger might help.

ZENTRAL LIGA NEWS
logo-fcv.gif

VADUZ HOLD ON FOR WIN IN FIVE GOAL THRILLER

FCV_LCV_18.jpg

Vaduz's third goal sparked huge celebrations at the Rheinpark Stadion

FC Vaduz 3
Matt 32'
Elia 48' :applause:
Dante López 58'

Djurgardens IF 2
Sergio Gonzalez 45'
Thiago Quirino 68'

4-3-3: Ivanov - Louvion, Valery, Libermann, Jaric - Matt, Stein, Miranda - Prijor, Dante López, Elia.
MOTM: Eljero Elia

If at first you don't succeed, try and try ten times again. One could be forgiven for thinking this is basement side FC Vaduz's new club motto. After ten straight defeats, reaching back from midway through last season, Professor Nutmeg's side finally registered a thoroughly deserved win at home to Djurgardens and the relief was clear for all to see.

Last season's winter sigining Eljero Elia stole the show with two assists and a goal. The home side struck first when Matt played a sweet 1-2 with Elia, releasing the midfielder in the box to fire into an almost unguarded net. Djurgardens managed to level the score in first half injury time when Sergio Gonzalez found the net, heading past Ivanov from a corner. It looked like another disaster for the home side as once again a lead had been wiped out.

FCV_LCV_17.jpg

Midfield Dynamo Matt opens the scoring

Three minutes into the second half, Elia put Vaduz ahead. Paraguayan new boy Dante López held up the ball centrally outside the box. He then rolled it out to the overlapping Elia on the left, just inside the box, who sweetly met it first time, curling the ball sublimely into the top right corner (as we see Thierry Henry do it so often) beating a fully stretched Tourray.
Ten minutes later Dante López opened his account for the club heading home a powerful header from 18 yards, supplied by Elia from the left flank. The big money signing Paraguayan striker threatened throughout the game and may just look to warrant the club record fee payed for his services.

14.jpg

Portuguese midfielder Miranda's attempt is thwarted

The three points sees Vaduz move up one place from bottom spot, leapfrogging Djurgardens in the process. Vaduz will want to use this victory as a means to kick start their season. They await the arrival of Sparta Rotterdam tonight in the Division 2 cup first round. The club will surely need some sort of a cup run as their finances look in Dire Straits. If not the club may well drop out of the Zentral Liga altogether.

Last edited:

WELL DONE PROFF!!!!

i saw that first photo and initially thought a scrap had broken out :)

youve switched to a 4-3-3 now is that right ?

-

On a personal note chaps, I have decided to go back to the drawing board.

I played 2 and a half games this morning - 2 on professional level where i was Chelsea and lost 5-1 to Reading! and Arsenal and was 3-0 down to Newcastle within 30 minutes (i turned it off at ht)

To be quite frank i was getting frustrated and not exactly enjoying the experience. I decided to switch back to normal level and found the 'fun' factor again. I played chelsea-reading again which finished 1-1 in which i shaded possesion, but they opened the scoring with a beautifully taken kevin doyle effort.

Chelsea seemed signifigantly strong whilst Reading seemed feisty. Doyle, lita & hyeon still all caused me problems, however it wasnt as ridiculous as before where they were dancing rings around terry, carvalho and makalele.

So in terms of my Espanyol ML....

I have decided I'm going to begin again and go in a the 3rd level (and raise it later if it proves too easy, which i doubt given the AI's much improved finishing), i'm going to set the ML settings on very hard and also set the transfer settings to low.

The current fixtures on the club's official website will natrually disappear forever down the memoryhole.........

cheers

db

WELL DONE PROFF!!!!

i saw that first photo and initially thought a scrap had broken out :)

youve switched to a 4-3-3 now is that right ?

Wild celebrations sir, wild celebrations. I'm the one in the scarf btw ;)

Yup, switched to a 4-3-3 and i set my backline to "C," so they defended deep. Former vice-captain Stein, has now been given the armband this season, taking over from Valery. This was my formation. Ruskin was suspended, so Jaric moved to LB and Valery took up the CB position.

-------------------Ivanov

----------Libermann-------Valery

Louvion----------------------------Jaric

-------------------Stein

----------Matt--------------Miranda

----Prijor----------------------------Elia

----------------Dante López

Congratulations Prof...good to read this.
Where did you get Elia and Dante Lopez from ????

I getting near the midseason transfer period and i hope to buy at least one good player...i've also found a couple of Parguayan gems in my International Challenge with that team...so we may well see a Paraguayan delegation in Bergamo after new year.

Congratulations Prof...good to read this.
Where did you get Elia and Dante Lopez from ????

I getting near the midseason transfer period and i hope to buy at least one good player...i've also found a couple of Parguayan gems in my International Challenge with that team...so we may well see a Paraguayan delegation in Bergamo after new year.

Hi Gerd,

Elia i bought midway through the first campaign from ADO Den Haag, who were in my division last season. However, they got promoted.

Dante López i got from the Paraguay squad. He was Yakubu's replacement at Maccabi Haifa a few years back (when Yakubu went to Portsmouth) but he failed to live up to the African. He played for Genoa recently and now plays for FC Crotone in Serie B.

Anduele Prijor (or Pryor as he's spelt on the official website, it's a Dutch thing the "ij"/"y") i bought from Vitesse Arnhem. He's an AMF/WF and lends some height and power to my attack.

This is my first choice attacking trident, if you like. I hope soon they'll really gel and i'm hoping Dante López realises his potential, because he looks a very capable player. He's going to have to for the survival of the club. Big cup game coming up. I need the points!

Gerd, perhaps check out the left-footed Peruvian attacking midfielder, Cominges. I reckon it could well be time for a move to Europe. ;)

Last edited:

Wild celebrations sir, wild celebrations. I'm the one in the scarf btw ;)

Yup, switched to a 4-3-3 and i set my backline to "C," so they defended deep. Former vice-captain Stein, has now been given the armband this season, taking over from Valery. This was my formation. Ruskin was suspended, so Jaric moved to LB and Valery took up the CB position.

-------------------Ivanov

----------Libermann-------Valery

Louvion----------------------------Jaric

-------------------Stein

----------Matt--------------Miranda

----Prijor----------------------------Elia

----------------Dante López

When you play your defence deep don't you find it hard to build your attack from the back?

BTW does anybody here use manual attack?

hello mate,

i haven't played it yet. It's a cup game, so i hope to win it.

I didn't find a problem with building attacks from the back i don't think. I try to get it out reasonably quickly. I use manual attack. Mostly with counter and Opposite side attack.

Thanks Prof...
I had Cominges in my all-conquering trbele winning team Parma in PES4...he's very good.
I never played Dante Lopez in my International Challenge, i played Santa Cruz, Nelson Valdez, Cuevas or Cabanas upfront...

AS Roma - Atalanta Bergamo 0-0

MOTM: Martinez (AS Roma).

1. AS Roma
2. AC Milan
3. Inter Milan
4. Panathinaikos
5. Palermo
6. Udinese
7. Galatasaray
8. Atalanta
15 Ascoli
16 Livorno

Stupid! I have to start my ML over, accidentally removed my save file :rolleyes:.

OH well, gives me the oppurtunity to set the ML difficulty to hard or very hard instead of normal. I want more injuries and fatigue!

logo-fcv.gif

ZENTRAL LIGA NEWS:

VADUZ REACH SAFETY

05.jpg

Stunning Form: Dante Lopez struck four past Sparta Rotterdam

FC Vaduz have completed their second season in the Zentral Liga and have achieved finacial safety. However, the Liechtensteiners had to part with Brazilian forward Castello in the winter transfer period to make ends meet. Top players, Castello, Miranda and Dante Lopez were all transfer listed in an attempt to bring in cash, but it was the Brazilian's departure to Turkish outfit Besiktas that materialised.

In hindsight, Vaduz breathed a sigh of relief that they didn't part with Paraguayan striker Dante Lopez, as the forward hit stunning form midway through the season. The record signing found the net ten times in five games and finished as the division's top scorer with fourteen goals. That's an average of one goal per game. Despite the South American's incredible goal contribution, the club yet again finished 7th in Division 2.

Last Two Seasons Recap

Position: 7th
W:4 D:3 L:7 GS:22 GC:26 GC:-4

Position: 7th
W:4 D:1 L:9 GS:9 GC:26 GC:-17

Last edited:

logo-fcv.gif

OFF-SEASON ROUND-UP

FRIENDLIES

FCV 1 - 0 Waalwijk
FCV 1 - 1 Sparta Prague
FCV 2 - 1 Rennes
FCV 2 - 0 Udinese

TRANSFER NEWS

IN
:
Steinsson (ISL) - Free
Enrico Cardoso (BRA)(Djurgardens) - Swap w/ Espinas + 300 points
Medunjanin (NED) - Free
De Vries (NED) - Free

OUT:
Espinas --> Djurgardens
Iouga (Released)
Stromer (End of contract)

LOOKING FORWARD

If the pre-season friendlies are anything to go by, Vaduz may just be looking to raise the bar next season. Three victories and one draw, shows Professor Nutmeg is beginning to build something at the club. The manager finally secured the services of long term target, Enrico Cardoso Nazare, from division rivals, Djurgardens. The Brazilian proved an instant hit, netting three times in the friendlies.
Up front, Dante Lopez is now the only recognised out and out striker, but the Professor insisted he didn't need to sign another striker, due to the attacking versatility his squad has.
Furthermore, the clubs financial woes seem to be stabilising. Thanks to the successful friendlies and reshuffling the squad via the tranfer market, Vaduz will go into the next season already with 5864 points under their belt. THe squad wages, a mere 7479 points, shouldn't prove a problem to cover and indeed surpass.

FC Vaduz will go into the 2008 campaign with a compact, but versatile 20 man squad. This will ensure that every player will see action over the course of the season.

SQUAD FOR 2008

1 Ivanov
12 Lothar

16 Libermann
23 Louvion
17 Jaric
21 Giersen
6 Valery
3 Ruskin
2 Steinsson

10 Enrico Cardoso
22 Medunjanin
18 Prijor
13 Fouque
5 Stein
8 Matt
4 De Vries
7 Ximenez

20 Dante Lopez
19 Burchet
11 Elia

Finished 2nd in my first season with St. Etienne. CL football woohoo!

The team looks like this now:

---------------Janot-----------------
Diatta------Guillaume-Camara---Ilunga-
------------Pedro Mendes--------------
--------Wilhelmsson--Feindouno-------
M.Gonzalez-------------------Sakho---
---------------Utaka------------------

Signed Guillaume, Mariano Gonzalez, Pedro Mendes and John Utaka. Currently 2nd placed, trailing leaders Lyon by one point. Latest results:

Nantes 0x0 St. Etienne
St. Etienne 2x0 Auxerre
ES Troyes 1x1 St. Etienne
St. Etienne 1x0 Lyon
St. Etienne 1x0 OGC Nice

Prof, Medunjanin was my favourite player in PES5 for PSP...i won the Dutch Eredivisie with AZ67...if i'm not mistaken he doesn't play for AZ67 anymore.

Back
Top Bottom