The Master League adventures thread

Re: The PES6 Master League Thread

Offensive festival ends in a draw:

Atalanta Bergamo - US Palermo 1-1

23' Ventola 1-0
42' Di Michele 1-1

MOTM: Ventola (who had to be replaced for injury just before the Palermo equaliser, he's out for 3 weeks).

Very good match: 42 shots on goal, 21 for each team and 50% ball posssession.
End to end attacking play from both sides with on a downside two very scrappy goals.
Best match in PES 6 up-to-date.

Atalanta is currently 9th.

Last edited:

He's loaned out from AZ to Sparta Rotterdam, he'll return next season.

Cup: Galatasaray - Atalanta 1-2

11' Tissone (Bellini)
18' Tissone (Zampagna)
93' Hakan Sukur (Heinz)

MOTM: Tissone

Ascoli - Atalanta 1-1

23' Bjelanovic
93' Vieri (free kick)

MOTM: Migliaccio

Atalanta - Panathinaikos 2-1

27' Papadopoulos (Ivanschits)
72' Defendi (Centi)
84' Zampagna (Migliaccio)

MOTM: Zampagna

Atalanta is currently 5th.

espanyol.jpg

RCD ESPANYOL NOTICIAS

Espanyol stumble at first hurdle, as Iberian Primera Liga kicks off...

RCD ESPANYOL 0 ATLETICO MADRID 3

news6.jpg

CELTA VIGO 2 RCD ESPANYOL 0

news5.jpg

más información

FC Sicily Master League Season 2007 (End of Season)

Unlucky with the two results denirobob.
-
Here is a short overveiw of my second season with FC Sicily. Don't have time to explain anything.

Key
winter16x163ve.jpg
= Mid-Season Transfer
summer16x168pq.jpg
= Off-Season Transfer
--------------------------------------

Italian League Division 2

1 Parma FC 29
2 Reggina 28
3 Atalanta 25
4 Catania 19
5 Empoli 17
6 AC Cesena 16
7 Genoa CFC 13
8 FC Sicily 9

Italian League Division 2 CUP

Quarter-Final Results
Atalanta 6-2 FC Sicily
---
---
---
Final
Atalanta 1-2 Parma

Transfers

IN:

Aguilar [DMF] (Udinese) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

Rinaudo [CB] (Siena) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

Manu [SMF/SS] (Benfica) ------> FC Sicily - Free Transfer (3 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

OUT:

Lorenzo [GK] (FC Sicily) ------> AS Monaco - 1614 (1 year contract)
winter16x163ve.jpg

Castolo [CF/SMF] (FC Sicily) ------> Bestikas - 1248 (2 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

Roberto [SB/WB] (FC Sicily) ------> Udinese - 2741 (2 year contract)
summer16x168pq.jpg

Transfers

Funds: 1106
Team Salary: 7960

Last edited:

Hi SB,

I think the Quarter Final result says it all mate :o) ouch!

What was your thinking behind the 3 chaps you brought in mate ?

-

BTW, some of you may be interested in the tactical ploy i used against Atletico.

Using the familar 4-2-3-1, I brought Fredson in on the right for Rufete. I wanted to prevent Martin Petrov flying forward, so i set the Brazilian to have a full def arrow and also to MM Petrov.

With Jonatas & E Costa providing a strong DMF shield in the centre, the plan worked well. At the end of the game Petrov, scored the lowest mark of any player, 4.5 and anytime he received the ball Fredson ensured he either passed inside or back and couldn't take on my full back.

Unfortuantly.....

Madrid basically reverted to the other wing utilising Maxi as often as possible. I'd decided to use with Moha on the other side to give myself a bit an attacking outlet, which as the scoreline suggests, was exploited and then some.....

db

Hi SB,

I think the Quarter Final result says it all mate :o) ouch!

What was your thinking behind the 3 chaps you brought in mate ?
Aguilar: I needed a tall, strong DMF, but didn't find one and I had to settle for Aguilar, since he was a free transfer and i needed another midfeilder because i only had 19 players at the time. His a 22 year old DMF, his physicaly weak, but fast and has decent passing. Hopefuly he might develop into a better DMF.

Rinaudo: He was on a free transfer and I needed another CB, he was a good choice. His big, strong and has decent pace.

Manu: Well I thought Espimas was going to leave the club, but knowbody came after him and i already brought Manu in on a free transfer. I tell you how good he is on my next post (On a overveiw his a fast, agile player...a type of player i need).

The COM came in for my promising SB, Roberto (aka Ruskin), instead and I had no choice buy to sell him. I needed the points to stay in the game.

-

Unlucky with the tactics denirobob BTW.

I sometimes use the man marking but most of the time i don't know if it evens works.

Last edited:

Fiorentina - Atalanta 0-3

11th Defendi 1-0
22th Zampagna (Defendi)
65th Zampagna (Tissone)

MOTM: Tissone

Cup: Atalanta - Galatasaray 3-1 (2-1)

16th Vieri (Migliaccio)
64th Bernardini (Centi)
77th Heinz (Inamoto)
82th Soncin (Vieri)

MOTM: Vieri

Atalanta - AC Milan: 0-2

42th Kaka
78th Seedorf

They were simply too good...

Well this looks fun, I have two ML teams at the moment, one that I'm about to finish the 3rd season with, and a new one that I have literally just started with the Default Crew of Costallo and Minanda etc.

This looks rather interesting seeing all your stories and stuff so Im interested, so I hope to take part in updates of my recent matches, my first team won division 1 after an awesome comeback from 4th at half season and lost the cup in final, 2nd season won the cup and league, again an amazing comeback from about 5-6th in the league at half season, 3rd season through in all the cups and top of the league with atleast 5 games left at most 8 games to go I think, then theres the new team which I will probably start after I finish this league with my first team, my first team are now really really good, loads of good players, although im only allowed players with names beginning with A, D or C (as its part of a offline tourny with ma mates, the alphabet challenge only allowed 3 letters), team name for these is Athletico Dancin Cougars and the new team is Lil' Saints, both on Top Player, and also cheat prevention on aswell so it gets all emotional, win, draw or lose lol.

So I probably go back in detail about my first team, and o the last couple of games, then try the whole of the new team.

Keep up the good work aswell you lot, really is interesting how you lot are getting on. Oh yeah formation for my ADC team is 4-4-2 well 4-1-3-2, 3 AMF's and 1 CMF or DMF, 2 CF's, 2 CB's and 2 SB's.

I needed a tall, strong DMF

Ickle 168cm tall Marcus Stein is bossing the holding position for me. The Vaduz captain sits just infront of the back four and takes out anyone foolish enough to cross his path :ram: He's a human traffic light set to red :lol:

ritzberger.jpg

Marcus Stein

Meanwhile, man-mountain stopper, Mattias Libermann, has lost his starting place to the Icelander Gretar Steinsson. I now tend to employ the giant German as a Huth-like character, bringing him on in the last 10 minutes or so to repel the onslaught of airborne attacks/corners etc that you tend to get when holding on to a lead. I've yet to chuck him upfront when needing a winner/equaliser.

sutter.jpg

Mattias Libermann

Midway through my third season and it's going well. One game into the 2nd half of the season and i've opened up a 6 point lead at the top! :) However, only one point separates 2nd from 6th, so it's a very open race, this season.

I'm really liking my formation too, a 4-1-2-3. It works out as 5 defenders and 5 attackers, if you like. The 1-2-3 part almost makes a "V" shape with a striker just above it.

Last edited:

hi mate

nice to see you're turning things round in the principality!

so this formation then, it's like this ?

-----------DMF------------
------CMF-------CMF-------
WF----------------------WF
------------CF------------

More like this. The DMF is close to the defence and the AMFs are pushed up further than CMFs. It looks a bit tighter on here than it is though.

------------DMF

------AMF---------AMF

---SS------------------SS
-----\----------------/--
-------------CF

I have no attacking arrows on the AMFs as they get forward often. The SSs however have arrows pointing diagonally inwards. The CF has an arrow pointing towards goal.

I've started an ML with German outfit Alemannia Aachen, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. It seems challenging enough, my early results have been pleasantly poor, but I'm struggling to get immersed in a way of playing.

I must have tried a different formation in every match so far, I just can't quite find a setup so far that fits the squad and most importantly is interesting to play with. I'm not looking for something successful, just interesting, perhaps unusual or creates a distinct style.

In my PES4 ML with De Graafschap, I had a precariously balanced 5-2-1-2 shape based on an aggressive libero and a floating AMF. It wasn't very successful but it was fun. In my PES5 Ascoli ML it was mostly a 4-5-1 revolving around Brighi as a central pivot and possession football. I think finding a unique style for a team makes a huge difference, I guess I'll just have to keep fiddling with it until I find Aachen's.

Hi nerf,

how about building the team around Jan Schlaudraff (apols if you are already doing so) - he scored an amazing goal the other weekend against bremen.

btw, when u get a mo, can u send me some info for your page on the ML portal please (ML history etc..)

ta

Hi Nerf,

All i can say is stick at it and try to keep a similar line-up every game, to raise your team work. Your only joy will come through goals and the odd win. The early days with the default crew was very hard and not so enjoyable. However, I'm in my third season now and i'm beginning to compete successfully.

BTW, some of you may be interested in the tactical ploy i used against Atletico.

Using the familar 4-2-3-1, I brought Fredson in on the right for Rufete. I wanted to prevent Martin Petrov flying forward, so i set the Brazilian to have a full def arrow and also to MM Petrov.

With Jonatas & E Costa providing a strong DMF shield in the centre, the plan worked well. At the end of the game Petrov, scored the lowest mark of any player, 4.5 and anytime he received the ball Fredson ensured he either passed inside or back and couldn't take on my full back.

Unfortuantly.....

Madrid basically reverted to the other wing utilising Maxi as often as possible. I'd decided to use with Moha on the other side to give myself a bit an attacking outlet, which as the scoreline suggests, was exploited and then some.....

db
Thanks for the tactics you posted up denirobob.

I learned a thing or two from it.

I played against Cagliari yesterday and I marked out two of their wingers aggressively and i have to say it worked perfectly (cool that rhymed! :mrgreen: ).

I won the match 1-0 with a goal from my inform striker Orlando (aka Ordaz). Was an important match BTW!

Peace!

espanyol.jpg

RCD ESPANYOL NOTICIAS

LACRUZ OUT FOR CLASH WITH FORMER CLUB

news7.jpg

Ageing centre half in tears on hearing the news from coach Valverde, according to club sources.

Born in Pamplona, Lacruz joined local outfit Osasuna and worked his way up from the B side to the first team, before leaving for the San Mames in 1997. In the summer, looking to find a suitable defensive replacement for Didier Domi, Albert Lopo and Pochettino, Espanyol decided to seek out the man who having spent 9 seasons at Bilbao wanted a fresh challenge.

In hindsight however, it looks very much as Lacruz was not the right man. After 3 poor performances in 3 starts, the own goal against Atletico was deemed to be the final straw. The odds on favourite to fill the slot alongside Jarque is Torrejón, and he will need to adapt fast to prevent Catalan's second club from enduring their worst liga start in recent memory.

Website

Hey Professor Nutmeg I just noticed that in your site you bought a player called Elia I thought you were talking about Micheal Mols. lol

Probably confused you when i was talking about his age hahahah!

Thanks for the tactics you posted up denirobob.

I learned a thing or two from it.

I played against Cagliari yesterday and I marked out two of their wingers aggressively and i have to say it worked perfectly (cool that rhymed! :mrgreen: ).

I won the match 1-0 with a goal from my inform striker Orlando (aka Ordaz). Was an important match BTW!

Peace!

hello mate

glad to hear it. it could well be that in pes6 players really seem to follow these sort of instructions better than in any prev version. i only set fredson to mm not mm agressively, as i always think that could allow either the player to get too tight and get turned or pick up a yellow card. thats just prob in my head though!

it seems as if your experience of it was a happy one.

which players did you use to mm ? your two full backs or did you utilise some wider mids ?

Obvioulsy, it is a negative tactic in many ways, do you recall Martin O'Neill doing that in the League cup final vs M'boro some years ago. Cant remember player in question - he was a scandinavian journeyman at leicester but it worked a treat, as he stuck with juninho all game.

db

I started an ML with Auxerre last night, but now i think i should start over, as I put them in division 1, instead of division 2. what do you chaps thinkg about that, which do you prefer?

hi cs,

well traditionally i have always started in Div 2, but always took so long to get promoted (usually 3-4 seasons) that I decided to begin in Div 1 with a relegation battle instead.

if your going with ligue 1 clubs, who else are you thinking of putting in there ? (the 2 belgian sides ?). That is one of the advantages of going straight into he top flight as you can gurantee at least for the first season that'll be accurate (e.g. 16 clubs from Le Championnat)

db

hello mate

glad to hear it. it could well be that in pes6 players really seem to follow these sort of instructions better than in any prev version. i only set fredson to mm not mm agressively, as i always think that could allow either the player to get too tight and get turned or pick up a yellow card. thats just prob in my head though!

it seems as if your experience of it was a happy one.

which players did you use to mm ? your two full backs or did you utilise some wider mids ?

Obvioulsy, it is a negative tactic in many ways, do you recall Martin O'Neill doing that in the League cup final vs M'boro some years ago. Cant remember player in question - he was a scandinavian journeyman at leicester but it worked a treat, as he stuck with juninho all game.

db
I'll explain that to you later, just got some work to finish of.

Peace.

db
Pontus Kaamark!

301995.jpg

Personally I haven't had much success with the man-mark feature. By the way, I think the difference between 'normal' and 'aggressive' is whether they follow them even when your team has the ball.

thats the fella!! good work sir. clearly you knowledge of black country football surpasses anyone else on evo-web! :)

see and i thought 'aggressive' meant giving them a bit of the vinny jones sack squeezing treatment when the ref wasnt looking

that showed me!

db

I started an ML with Auxerre last night, but now i think i should start over, as I put them in division 1, instead of division 2. what do you chaps thinkg about that, which do you prefer?

I always start in the first division in my first ML of a new PES version..
Afterwards i start one in the second division....

Good to hear your third season is succesfull Prof...it would be a sensation to see FC Vaduz win European silverware....if you succeed in doing that, i would be jealous...i must admit that it was one of my long term dreams to play a ML with a truly litle club...but i just kept on waiting until clubs like that are in the game...the thought to do that with the default bunch never crossed my mind...

Only one Cup match before Atalanta reaches the midseason transfer window...
After the first 15 matches Atalanta is currently fifth.

1 Inter
2 As Roma
3 AC Milan
4 Fenerbahce
5 Atalanta
6 Palermo
7 Lazio
8 Torino

Right this will be a biggy as since the last time I posted I played the remaining 9 games of my league and wooooo what a ride here we go:

First of all I play 4-1-3-2 like this (Starting 11):

Cech

Adriano - A. Ferdinand - Colocinni - Chivu

Aquilani

Donadel - Cesc Fabregas - Downing

Agi Pakarani - D. Bent

My subs and reserves are, Curci, Dawson, Cristian Zapata, Dagaka, Cicinho, Afellay, Ashley Young, Ambrose, Aissati, Adriano, Aguero, Aschenkatz, Clichy, Anthony Mchahon, Deranton, Camacho, Dorsoux, Anderson, Dos Santos, Diego Tardelli, C. Cole.

The league standings to start with was:

Team - Points - Wins - Draws - Loses - GS - GC - GD
Athletico Dancin Cougars - 59 - 18 - 5 - 2 - 58 - 22 - 36
Manchester United - 55 - 18 - 1 - 6 - 34 - 14 - 20
Barcelona FC - 51 - 15 - 6 - 4 - 36 -18 - 18
Inter Milan - 45 - 14 - 3 - 8 - 37 - 27 - 10
Bayern Munich - 41 - 13 - 2 - 10 - 36 - 36 - 0
Arsenal - 37 - 11 - 4 - 10 - 28 - 26 - 2

Now I was also in the cup for the D1 cup and also the WEFA cup, Final of the D1 cup and also the Semi and both legs needed to be played for the WEFA cup, so heres how they went.

Lazio 1 - 3 Athletico Dancin Cougars (CUP GAME)
De La Cruz (FK) - Agi Pakarani, D. Bent, Cesc Fabregas
MOTM = Aquilani
Comments: Well I scored first then they equalised in such a RARE goal, a free kick, first time the computer has ever scored a free kick against me so I was shocked, and it was the equaliser, but scored two more and kept my nerve phew!

Ajax 1 - 1 Athletico Dancin Cougars
Rosales - Agi Pakarani
MOTM = Agi Pakarani
Comments: Now this was a weird and annoying game, from winning the cup game earlier tought I would take the form into this game, but they scored the opener after the free kick was saved and went straight to Rosales for a easy tap in, now this is where it got baaaaad, so many shots hit the post, Chivu about 40m out left foot half volley, beat the keeper hit the post, then Agi got a goal to equalise, then he was through again, but I missed shoot and keeper got me :(, then I got a PK, which Chivu hot the post again, then Agi hit the bar soon after about 8m out, then Chivu again from edge of box, hit the post again, not a good game :( got a point though, Man U were closing in though.

Athletico Dancin Cougars 1 - 0 Lazio (CUP GAME)
Aschenkatz
MOTM= Colocinni
Comments: Well the return leg and I was already 3-1 up thought I would put most of my subs and reserves on to get the stats up and develop worked aswell, and go a extra goal to secure the win, through to the WEFA final! :D

Valencia 1 - 3 Athletico Dancin Cougars (CUP FINAL)
Villa - Diego Tardelli, D. Bent x 2
MOTM = D. Bent
Comments: Well this was a struggle, it seemed fairly certain my cup form was well in place, after Diego got in on goal, and done a nice little chip over the keeper for the ball to hit the post (defender ran into the post as he couldnt kick it from his angle) then it rolled slightly across the line the oncoming defender slid but it was too early and missed the ball, but it was over the line anyway, and he missed it so... Anyway, it wasnt over, Valencia broke and crossed it into the box, and Villa was left open and scored a easy free header and the game was on, my form lookd broken, 90 mins up it went into extra time, I brang D. Bent on for Adriano, and what a choice, he came on nd scored, then second half of ET he scored again sealing the win and the cup 3-1, cup form is in place, next up WEFA final vs Chelsea, oh yeah on the way to the final I managed to beat Bayern Munich 11-0, 8-0 away and 3-0 home :D

Real Madrid 0 - 0 Athletico Dancin Cougars

MOTM = Fabregas
Comment: Seems as my league form continued aswell, and now it spiced things up as guess what I was on 61pts and so was Man U but I had better GD so I was 1st still, but with this form, I might lose my next 3 remaining league games, and one of them was, yerp MAN U!

Chelsea 1 - 3 Athletico Dancin Cougars (CUP FINAL)
Robben - Agi Pakarani x 2, D. Bent
MOTM = Cesc Fabregas
Comments: Well this rounded up my cup form well and truly, I was put under pressure straight away, they got a break and Robben got the ball left one on one with Cech and he neatly slotted the ball home making them 1-0 up, PRESSURE, but soon after it was eased off as Agi got into a dangerous position and bang, 1-1, he soon then made it 2-1 and D. Bent finished it off to make it 3-1 a nice easy win after all, winning the WEFA cup for the first time, YEY!

Athletico Dancin Cougars 2 - 0 Bayern Munich
Adriano, Agi Pakarani
MOTM = Downing
Comments: Well all I have to say is, about time, and it was needed aswell especially seeing as United won aswell making us both on 64pts and we played next oooh the excitement.

Athletico Dancin Cougars 3 - 2 Manchester United
Aschenkatz, Adriano, Chivu (PK) - A. Smith, Scholes
MOTM = Aschenkatz
Comments: Now this has to go down as GAME OF THE SEASON, so close and nail biting, so much riding on it, and they are my bogey team, always score a header on nearly every corner they have or every cross. Well anyway the game kicked off, and I couldnt hope for a better start, Asch got near the goal, done a nice little turn and got space against Rio and placed a shot bottom right and made it 1-0 to me, soon after, they got the ball on the left wing, inswinging ball by Giggs, fell to the head of A. Smith who headered it into the back of the net, again a bloody header lol, anyway, soon after pressure was off and I took the lead, with a goal by Adriano who rocketed home the 2nd goal, but, then Scholes had his own little plan to wreck my chances, he got the ball on the edge of the box and literally SMASHED it into the goal, it didnt go top corner, it just went straight in to the left of the goal, heart ticking needed a goal, and trickery and turning in uniteds box caused a penalty, remembering Chivu hitting the post I decided to hit it down the centre and it paid off, 3-2 and it stayed that. Phew what a game, got upperty everytime they had the ball in my half lol, I only needed a draw and a win in ma next game to win due to goal difference but with this win it ensured I won, as my goal difference was far superior, and I would have to lOSE, by loads and they win by loads but that wasnt going to happen, so I won the league basically, well I thought.

Olympiakos 0 - 6 Athletico Dancin Cougars
Adriano x 3, Agi Pakarani x 3
MOTM = Adriano/Agi Pakarani (Couldnt Decide)
Comments: Well what a way to finish the season off a 6 goal thrashing and two players getting a hat-trick, many good goals aswell, the first was a absolute beaut out of nothing, Adriano turned the defender and headed to goal on his first touch after recieving the pass from Downing, and bang about 30m, straight in over the keeper, then 5 more goals after that, and that was it, I won the league for definate, the treble was done! Wooo hooo, hit the shower lads!

I just wish you guys could of seen the goals scored in those games alone, let alone the rest of my season and the seasons before that, some are saved, the better ones aswell. Anyway the final positions, PSV and Olympiakos were relegated from Division 1 into Division 2 and the promoted teams from Division 2 to Division 1 were Lyon (Were relegated from season before) and Sporting Lisbon, I won the league, league cup and WEFA cup, and the final standings (top 6) are as follows:

Team - Points - Wins - Draws - Loses - GS - GC - GD
* Athletico Dancin Cougars - 70 - 21 - 7 - 2 - 70 - 25 - 45 *WINNERS*
Manchester United - 65 - 21 - 2 - 7 - 45 - 23 - 22
Barcelona FC - 64 - 19 - 7 - 4 - 48 - 21 - 27
Inter Milan - 54 - 17 - 3 - 10 - 43 - 34 - 9
AC Milan - 49 - 15 - 4 - 11 - 44 - 32 - 12
Real Madrid - 45 - 12 - 9 - 9 - 35 - 27 - 8

Now im in negotiations off season set a friendly only the one against the Master LEague Youth Squad or something like that, and my aim is for 4 new players all youngish, a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and forward so they can stay and build the teamwork so they are good in the future, I have my eye on Ahmet whose about 19-21 (GK), Costacurta reborn at age 17 (CB), Corini think hes about 17-18 (DMF) and Chiesa reborn at age 17 (CF) all should be good for what I want, so I shall see how it goes, onto next season! Might have a kit change aswell.

Sorry for the long winded update, ill try and keep em smaller, its just it was the rest of the season all into one post. Sorry again.

thats the fella!! good work sir. clearly you knowledge of black country football surpasses anyone else on evo-web! :)
Well Leicester isn't black country, but I'll let that slide ;). It just amuses me that he has 'mark' in his name, I think I'd be disappointed if 'Kaa' didn't translate as 'man'.

What sort of info do you need? Your site is down today. PM me a list and I'll get it done for you.

Hi mate

yep, i did know but was just being an a@se :)

Im sure i recall an interview with the player after the final where he actually agreed with the interviewer that it was shame the viewing public hadnt been able to see Juninho shine, but he had his orders.

will do! - yep sorry - you can see the portal here (well proff nutmeg's) temporarily... http://www.mnfootball.info/ml_portal/ml_proffnutmeg.html

Back
Top Bottom