The Master League adventures thread

Transfers

logo-fcv.gif

New Faces, New Era

425569.jpeg

Al Habsi: Overlooked at Bolton Wanderers

Division 2 champions FC Vaduz are busy preparing for the top flight of the Zentral Liga and bolstering the squad is high on the priority list. The manager has dipped into the transfer market and attempted to bring in some more quality to the prinicipality side.

Omani goalkeeper, Al Habsi was the first of a handful of signings. The ex-Lyn shot-stopper signed on a free, after being released by Premiership side Bolton Wanderers. Al Habsi saw very little action at the English club and will look to challenge current number one, Vladimir Ivanov for the starting berth.
Ex- FC Chiasso and Servette youngster Bruno da Mota joins from Sampdoria. The Swiss yougster looks one for the future. Brazilian striker Jaja will offer height and presence upfront. Meanwhile, Argentine defender Cabrera and Hungarian centre back Péter Máté have come in to bolster the back line.

Pre-2009 Friendly Results

FC Vaduz 1 - 3 Arsenal
Enrico Cardoso

A shock lead was soon chalked off by the Premiership giants.

FC Vaduz 3 - 2 Rangers
Dante López
Elia
Dante López

Scots equalised twice, but couldn't stop the Paraguayan's winner.

Last edited:
Re: The PES6 Master League Thread

January 2007

schlaudraff_jan_Aufmacher.jpg

Schlaudraff abandons Aachen

Alemannia Aachen's hopes of survival have been dealt a severe blow by the shock departure of star man Jan Schlaudraff.

The talented young forward, Aachen's top scorer this season with three goals, made his feelings and ambitions clear when Bayer Leverkusen approached with a €5.4 million bid early in the mid-season transfer window. Personal terms were agreed without hitch and Schlaudraff will look forward to linking up with his new teammates at the BayArena.

He leaves Aachen hovering one point above the relegation zone, facing an uncertain struggle to remain in the top flight. It remains to be seen whether a replacement can be found before the end of the month, with morale surely dented amongst players and fans alike by the departure of their key forward.

Ouch! Things had just started to turn around, the players were settling into the system, then the transfer window arrived and a bid came in for the one player I didn't want to sell. However, my ML rules state I have to accept any bid from a club higher in the WEFA Rankings, which Leverkusen are, and off he went...

Wow, that was quite soon. I've still had no bids for players i haven't transfer listed.
My Transfer Frequency is 'Normal', Master League Level 'very hard'. He wasn't transfer listed either.

Hmm, that'll make things tougher... :-k

What are peoples rules for their ML team then?
I have quite a few, but the main ones are:

1) Only three incoming transfers maximum per season, only one of which can be a Free transfer. This makes improvement gradual because you can't just go and cheaply replace your entire squad within a few seasons.

2) If a club higher in the WEFA Rankings bids for one of my players, I have to accept - see above. I also try not to buy from clubs higher in the WEFA Rankings. It's just to try and extend that feeling of being a smaller, less attractive club.

3) No trades; traditionally the AI is not very clever in trade deals, and they hardly ever happen in real football. Trading is a too-easy way of getting rid of players you don't want and spending less on transfers.

Plus various other small rules trying to make things a bit harder and more realistic. Obviously no classic players either (and I avoid those wonderkid re-gens when they first appear).

All in the interest of fun :thumbup:

I'm not sure about that Prof...i hope so.
I think it's about injuries, fatigue and willingness of other players to come to your club.

nerf's rule about bids from higher clubs is a good one...nice idea...will try that too. In the mid-season transfer window two clubs made a bid for Defendi. Both were higher ranked, i should have let him go by nerf's rules...if it would have been Vieri i would have transferred him...but since Defendi is only 21 years old, he had to stay. In the future however, i will apply that rule too.

I also have a that i do not buy regular players from big clubs. Fringe players however, i like to buy...also like to buy young promising players (a loan would be more realistic)if i play in Europe.

Played two more matches with Atalanta.

Torino - Atalanta 0-1

35th Centi
MOTM: Centi (8,5: very high in my experience).

Atalanta - Lazio Roma 2-2

24th Mauri
44th Bombardini
54th Rocchi
83th Ventola

MOTM: Migliaccio (6,5 = the usual points for my MOTM).

That last match was a very enjoyable one.

Atalanta are currently 4th on equal points with Fenerbahce.

1 AS ROMA
2 Inter Milan
3 AC Milan
4 Atalanta
5 Fenerbahce

There is a big gap between the top 3 and Atalanta.

I'm not sure about that Prof...i hope so.
I think it's about injuries, fatigue and willingness of other players to come to your club.

Sure, those things, but i wonder if it considers trying to buy your top players, because without them, it's harder.

Nerf, do you make an exception on free transfers when you get promoted? (a one off). For example, on the continent at least (not so much in England) many of the newly promoted teams tend to bring in quite a few players when promoted (i'm thinking Italy/Spain). Alavés, for example (a couple of seasons ago) brought in a good few free players. In fact, Wesley was the only player they actually bought. The old, acquiring players from the demoted sides (when you're promoted) is a good one, a long with eyeing players in clubs remaining in Div 2.

Interesting idea, Prof. Sounds like a realistic one-off scenario.

On the other hand, not making the exception (i.e. keeping free transfers at one max) would make things even harder in your first season in the top flight, so... there's a choice there. But I see what you're getting at.

My Transfer Frequency is 'Normal', Master League Level 'very hard'. He wasn't transfer listed either.

Hmm, that'll make things tougher... :-k
Hey nerf i had a bid for a player who wasn't transfer listed, which was Orlando and it was a 6000 something bid. Turned it down though.

Also about does rules you made, i can remember in the PES4 ML thread you putting up a similar one, which was rule a started following from there on. Made the ML more enjoyable for me.

Nice one.

espanyol.jpg

RCD ESPANYOL NOTICIAS

news12.jpg

LITTLE BUDDA BASKS IN HOT WATER

Ivan De La Pena faces a disciplinary hearing,
after offensive gesture with rivals shirt causes uproar!

Espanyol's midfield playmaker faces censure, a fine and even possible suspension, after appearing on live TV last night and soiling the infamous red and blue of the club's city rivals.

During an interview on Televisio De Catalunya, the former Barcelona player appeared to wipe his nose with the shirt, much to the surprise of Futbol Cat host Jordi Sunyer.

191449151.jpg

This morning, Barca captain Carlos Puyol stepped into the row, suggesting that such a situation would only be caused by someone "lacking sufficient class" and that it might be best for all concerned should coach Valverde not pick the mercurial midget for the game.

espanyool_barsa_412x232.jpg
- DLP gets involved in some afters during last season's Derby

However, despite the intense ill feeling generated, it is still expected that he will take the field for El Derbi this evening, no doubt to a white hot reception from the Nou Camp faithful.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Prof, how did you tempt the guy from CSI Las Vegas to Vaduz???

I'm starting an ML on PES3 - changing everything to fictional teams and players (was much quicker than trying to correct the names, stats etc.!) If it's interesting, I'll let you know!

Unlucky SB, i'd say if you had got promoted your finances would have been ok. But 10,000 points to make in Div 2 will be tough.
Hey Professor Nutmeg in my current season (2010), i'm 3rd place in the league and i've got two more games to play. Hopefully if i win both games i will be promoted and thats if Livorno (who are second) can draw/lose one of their two games.

I don't think i can make up all the points, i'm currently on 6000 something, probably will have to sell some of my players (which might have to include some of my promising players).

The title is out of my hands by the way, Chievo got a good points game at the top of the table.

Peace.

Well, depending on my club situation i'll sell or not. I'm playing with St. Etienne atm. I've won the double on my second season (CL and league) and the double on the third one aswell (CL and Cup). I still have 2 matches to play and i'm trailing leaders Lyon by one point. That's quite a good situation. Considering i'm receiving offers from mid-table teams around the world, i'm not selling. Why would you leave the European champs to play at Espanyol?

Current line-up:

---------------Janot-------------
-Ebondo-Guillaume-Camara-Mathieu-
--------------Perrin-------------
-------Wilhelmsson-Moutinho------
M.Gonzalez----------------Ribéry-
--------------Utaka--------------

Last edited:

Sampdoria Genua - Atalanta 1-1

22th Manzoni (Defendi) 0-1
63th Ruben Olivera 1-1

MOTM: Srna (Sampdoria)

Cup semi-final first leg: Sampdoria Genua - Atalanta 1-3

5th Centi (Zampagna) 0-1
12th Ventola (Adriano) 0-2
18th Ventola (Conteh) 0-3
54th Bonnazoli (Bonnani) 1-3

Well, depending on my club situation i'll sell or not. I'm playing with St. Etienne atm. I've won the double on my second season (CL and league) and the double on the third one aswell (CL and Cup). I still have 2 matches to play and i'm trailing leaders Lyon by one point. That's quite a good situation. Considering i'm receiving offers from mid-table teams around the world, i'm not selling. Why would you leave the European champs to play at Espanyol?

Current line-up:

---------------Janot-------------
-Ebondo-Guillaume-Camara-Mathieu-
--------------Perrin-------------
-------Wilhelmsson-Moutinho------
M.Gonzalez----------------Ribéry-
--------------Utaka--------------

Oi!

I'll have you know playing in a half empty stadium and enjoying the delights of Las Ramblas after dark are just two of many reasons to come

:)

Yesterday evening i played the worst match in ages...

Atalanta - Livorno 1-2
Two Bakayoko goals and one fantastic Vieri goal...fittingly the wonder goal was not good enough for a point...boy i played bad...

PS: still waiting for the PSP version of the game...will anybody here play a PSP ML (3 divisions???).

Oi!

I'll have you know playing in a half empty stadium and enjoying the delights of Las Ramblas after dark are just two of many reasons to come

:)

lol mate, nothing against Espanyol. I still prefer my dear St. Etinne tho. 8)

Well, things are really starting to click now. A few tweaks to the system, some improved concentration at the back, a little bit of good fortune in front of goal, and Aachen's mini-run of 1-0 wins means that there won't be any relegation this season.

Szilard Nemeth remains an enigma - statistically he's perhaps the most talented player on the books, but each time he plays he has a nightmare. The hard-working Kontiris might lack the Slovakian's technical ability but he's putting his heart and soul in at the moment. I just wonder where we'd be if Schlaudraff was still here ahead of them both...

Going back to the man-marking discussion earlier, I've made a habit of getting my DMF to man-mark the opponent's playmaker almost every game now. I've noticed that the majority of the Bundesliga teams in this option file play with a 4-4-2 diamond, meaning there's usually a central AMF, and that's the guy I ask my captain to put the shackles on. Seems to do the job, though players like Basturk can still give problems if they're tricky enough.

Who are some of the good young promising players? I know players like Dos Santos at Barca and Marcelo soon to be Madrid, but who are others? I like to fill my team with these players. Difficult for a couple seasons but after that not bad.

Do they still have the search for promising players? I can't seem to find it if they do :(

EDIT: Nevermind...I found the search for promising players, but would still like ideas on which ones I should try out

Last edited by a moderator:

Juventus promote(and win the d2 cup)!

Div2 topscorer : Trezeguet
topassister: Camoranesi
Best player: Mesto(Reggina), Camoranesi just missed out.

Many clubs are lining up a bid for Trezeguet, who could be willing to leave due to lack of Champions league football. A possible replacement is still a point of concern.

Off-season now and I doubt many changes will take place in the team.

Atalanta looseCoppa in extra time:

Inter Milan - Atalanta Bergamo 1-1 (1-2 e.t.)

63th : Zampagna (great run by Selaya and a fantastic assist)
66th: Adriano

112th : Julio Cesar...

With 2 matches to go Atalanta is still 5th and can still play in Europe...

Has anyone ever seen, after the whistle is blown at half or full-time, the player with the ball flick it up and catch it? I saw it twice in one game, after each half. The first was a close up on the player and the second one was the far view (as in-game) right after the whistle blew.

Has anyone ever seen, after the whistle is blown at half or full-time, the player with the ball flick it up and catch it? I saw it twice in one game, after each half. The first was a close up on the player and the second one was the far view (as in-game) right after the whistle blew.

yer thats pretty cool. theres also a clip where the player flicks it up and then gives it to the ref

Back
Top Bottom