The Master League adventures thread

I'm having an awful third season (FC Volendam). I'm languishing around 17th/18th and so it doesn't look good for when my Uefa cup campaign starts. But then cup competitions are exactly that. I'm used to looking up in the league though, as i have previously finished 17th and 15th.

I will also have to turn around a 2-1 deficit to de Graafschaap, in the league cup 2nd round 2nd leg, if i want to keep alive hopes of getting into Europe again next season. A 1-0 home win would see me through though. However, De Graafschaap are very much my bogey team it seems, with centre forward Den Ouden proving a particularly prickly thorn in my side in every encounter.
Still, i have one piece of silverware with the club and it may be my last before PES2010.

Ive just reached the mid-season break, gib.

I managed to beat De Graafschaap in the 2nd leg. It went to extra-time though, as it was 2-1 after 90 minutes again. I managed to win 3-1 in the end. A great hat-trick from my striker Sheotahul.

Have a go at making a vid of you playing/commentating. A friend of mine, James, formerly known as satanicbakedbeanz and now known as wedotech did a fantastic series called 'Soccer Mayhem'. He did 3 full seasons of it and they were brilliant. Unfortunately Youtube banned his account due to a few copyright claims so he lost most of his videos. This is one of his best though.

YouTube - Soccer Mayhem Archives - Season 3 EP 2 "100 Sub Treat"

p.s. check out his review of Yazoo in his other videos. Comedy gold.

Last edited:
Man, i'm annoyed. The Uefa Cup finally starts and i'm not in it! :RANT:

I clearly won last season's D1 Cup and did not get relegated, therefore i should be in it. I thought it was strange that it didn't show up in my calendar earlier on in the season. All that hard work for nothing. Yet another Konami cock-up/bug then. Grrr. :CENSOR:

That really is a strange bug...i feel for you Prof.
I will start a ML (PSP) with Palermo (again: brings back sweet memories).

Yup, it clearly states it in the conditions for qualification. And in my records room, it also confirms me as D1 Cup: Winners, in the previous season.

I feel cheated :CRY:

dawson-crying.jpg

See that crying Dawson's Creek fellow?

...That's you, that is.

:P

Last edited:
Knocked out in the D1 cup semi-finals again: But it seems i'm a bit of a cup team.

1st season: semi-finals
2nd season: winners
3rd season: semi-finals

I lost 4-2 (agg) to Ajax. It was a big ask though. The first leg was 1-1 at home and though i started the second (away) leg brightly, going one up, they eventually won 3-1. It's a shame, as i produced a shock 3-1 away defeat over Ajax in the league, a few games earlier.

So the final is Anderlecht v. Ajax. I have to hope the Belgians (and the other S-Fs AZ) finish in the top six league places, as it might give me that Uefa cup place. It has before. I feel i'm owed it now after being omitted this season.

Meanwhile i'm aiming to improve upon 15th spot in the league, my best finish so far. It's odd, every game i finish now (even if i win) i get that cut scene at the end, of players looking disappointed.

Last edited:
I had it in the previous seasons too. At first i thought it occured when it was mathematically inmpossible to reach 6th place. But i have since deduced that's not it.
Now i think it's just because i'm low down in the table (what the computer believes to be 'the relegation zone'). I'm not 19th or 20th, but my ML menu says "unfortunately you are in the relegation zone," which of course isn't true because i'm a good 15 to 20 points clear.

I don't want to speak too soon, but this, my fourth season, is looking good so far. I'm doing pretty well. Twelve games in and i've just nudged fourth place. Of course, it's a bit congested around there, so one loss and i can slip to seventh or something. However, i'm in the top half of the table. Will i be able to hang on and finish in the European places? (top 6).

I appear to be a bit more resilient now and i'm winning games, some tricky some comfortably. Of course my players stats are improving and all round team work appears better too.

I registered my best win with Volendam recently - a 4-0 win over Standard Liege.

Hey All,
Im new and I was reading these stories so I decided to tell my own. I created my own team, named them Croydon FC after my home town and started with castolo and co...
The season started well, with us breaking into the top four. The midway transfer season came, and I took advantage and got rid of all the players I wasn't using, also decided to strghen the team by signing a brazilian right winger called gabrihno and I managed to get Bojan on loa, I also signed a promosing japanese attacker called Zing ho or something, i can't remember the exact name. Anyway, the few games that followed my form dropped and i was beggining to regret not investing in the defence and a goalkeeper. Nethertheless I improved and having been knocked out in the first round of the cup I could concentrate fully on propmotion. The last game of the season was the decider as the leaders had 36 points, and from 2nd to 4th we all had 34 points, with us occupying 3rd. 4th and I both had the same on goal diffrence and 2nd hand better goal diffrence by 1. This meant that dpending on the results, a win could crown as champions, a loss could see us miss out on promotion. Luckly 2nd and 4th were playing eachother and i was playing team. In my match at half time it was 0-0. I check "other teams matches" and it told me dthat 1st had lost and 2nd and 4th had drawn 0-0. This meant that a win would see us champions, unfortunatly we drew aswell (0-0) so it would have to be settled on goal diffrence. I was very luckly as me and 4th had the same points and same goal diffrence... I thought there was going to be a playoff but there wasnt so i was quite suprised. So we were promoted and I set about stenghening the team. (I'll post my new strenghened line up later as i really cant remeber who I bought.) However I do remeber that I lost against the european selection 7-1!!!!. Anyway Im looking forward to my friendly against Real Zaragora to test my new signings.

Well I know its crap but thats my first season in the ML, at first I found it rellly daunting when they gave me a bunch of players i'd never heard of but,i've gotten used to the team, i now know what certain players can do and what other players cant and things are looking up!

Djomdjie

OK so this is my starting line-up so far:
PLayers with one star mean they were bought during mid season and two stars mean they were bought during the end of season.

GK: DIDA **
CB: KOLAROV**
CB:BAUMANN
LB:RUSKIN Fantastic and I plan to keep him
RB:LIBERMANN
DMF:DODO
RMF:GAMBIHNO* My first signing! and he didnt disappoint
LMF:JOVANCEVIC**
AMF:GUTIERRIEZ
CF: CHO JIN WHA* This guys is brilliant and he's really young too.
CF: DANEIL MENDES** He was the replacment for Bojan and the new partner for JIN WHA, he scored on his debut against Real VAllodolid.

Signings that will become first team players in the future
CF: TAKAHASHI He reminds me of DANIEL MENDES but he not quite there yet.

Anyway what do you guys think, and tips as I plan to challenge for a european spot this season!:))

Edit: I think the only way through to europe would be via the cup. Just played my first two league games nil nil vs tottenam and 1-0 vs liverpool. The level has really improved from Division 2, you really need to take all your chances...avoiding relegation could prove tough..

Last edited:
Have any of you been on pesfan.com. Look in the master league section then under Master league stories. Theres a load of us who do them. :)

can anyone let me know what does "RESET PREVENTION FEATURE" mean in ML starting .. and should i keep it on /off? please help me

can anyone let me know what does "RESET PREVENTION FEATURE" mean in ML starting .. and should i keep it on /off? please help me
If you quit the game during a match, when you load that ML save next time it will remember that you abandoned the fixture and will forfeit the result, giving you an automatic defeat.

PS2 (FC Volendam)

My striker Gerson Sheotahul is currently on 49 club goals in 111 appearances. Hopefully he'll grab his 50th very soon. It would be cool if the commentators would voice such achievements, say every 50 goals.

This is definitely my best season (my 4th) so far, as i'm sticking in the top six of the table and holding out for a European qualifying place. Eight league games to go.

Woo, i held on and finished 5th (on goal difference above FC Twente). So finally, after three seasons of finishing down around 17th, my fourth season sees me break the top six, with only a matter of points to spare.

I am officially in Europe this time (after being cheated out of the UEFA cup, when i had won the domestic Div 1 cup).

Season five awaits and my European qualifying group looks like this:

FC Volendam
Dynamo Kiev
Roma
Bordeaux

Hopefully i can grab at least third spot, in order to go into the Uefa cup.
I've managed to keep my squad pretty much intact. The only big departure was my fantastic youngster van La parra (20), who had developed in leaps and bounds since i signed him from Caen as a 17 year old. Atletico Madrid came in with a huge bid for the midfielder and i chose not to stand in his way. I tried but failed to make any signings this summer, deciding instead to trim the squad down a bit. I do feel however i have a decent and cohesive enough squad for the fortcoming season. In fact all players may find they'll play that little bit more.

Back
Top Bottom