The Master League adventures thread

Ah shit Prof...Simaeys can play both CB and DMF.
He alternates with Clement (who can also play both) or with Alcaraz (with Alcaraz as a CB).
Anderlecht plays something between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3.
They have a very weird foramtion with Boussoufa (who is used as a winger)and Losada (or Chatelle) who is more of a midfielder but who plays as a winger too. You could say they alternate these two systems (in one match that is).
I've been to that site you mentioned and i noticed i als forgot Polak (i used the Jupiler League's official site and went looking for the most recent matches). Normally Polak is always a starter as CM along with Biglia and Gillet...
I think that site has better information than what i gave you (for which 'm sorry...).

Waar woont ge gerd ? Limburg, Antwerpen, ... ? Ik ben van Lokeren

aha, the area where 'Duffle' comes from, as in Duffle coats etc...

I'm actually organising my Franco-Lowlands ML geographically. That is to say, proximity of Dutch and French teams to Belgium. So the northern French and southern Dutch teams take precedence. eg Lille, Nancy, NAC Breda, PSV etc...

Last edited:
POSITIVE START FOR STANDARD

757869_mediumsquare.jpg

Defour celebrates his goal

Day 1
Valenciennes 0
Standard 2 Defour 56' De Camargo 74'

Standard travelled to Valenciennes on day one of the Franco-Lowlands league. It took the Belgians until the second half to break down their hosts, when captain Steven Defour swept in form Dante's cross. Eighteen minutes later, Milan Jovanovic picked out De Camargo in the box from the left, the Brazilian finishing with an diving header.

Day 2
Standard 2 W.Dalmat 1' De Camargo 65'
Feyenoord 2 De Guzman 36' Mols 91'

Day two saw Standard host their first tie of the season at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne. Les Rouches faced Feyenoord and the action began from the whistle. Wilfried Dalmat fired in the opener in the first minute. Jonathan De Guzman equalised for Feyenoord before the break. Igor De Camargo put Standard back in front, with a lovely placed shot in the second half. Then with seconds remaining, veteran striker Michael Mols came off the bench to deny the hosts victory, with a last gasp equaliser.

calcio_catania.gif

Back in Sicily:

Gerd DK and Jean-marc Bosman are back in Sicily where they once had triumphs with US Palermo. It is with Palermo's big rivals that they ate plying their trade now; And they made quite a good start of the season.

US Lecce - Catania 0-0
Catania - Fiorentina 5-1 (Tedesco, Martinez(3), Mascara)

Coppa away leg:

AC Milan - Catania 1-0

Next match is the derby against US ¨Palermo, a contingent of 1200 Carabinieri is called up to survey this high risk match.

610x.jpg

A jubilant Martinez celebrates his hattrick against Fiorentina.

logostoriact.jpg

Catania triumphant in Sicilian derby:

Calcio Catania - US Palermo 2-1
4' Colucci (LLama) 1-0
9' Baiocco (Ledesma) 2-0
43' Cavani (Miccoli) 2-1

A jubilant Stadio Angelo Massimo saw Catania win the derby against US Palermo.
Catania started the match furious which resulted in a 2-0 lead after barely 10 minutes.
Catania continued to outplay Palermo but missed a host of chances.
In 43th minute Palermo scored with it's first shot on goal.
In the second half Palermo became the better team but Catania defended well and had even the best chances on counters. Nothing changed and Catania was over the moon with the win over it's rivals...
Gerd DK and JM Bosman had mixed feelings about the win. Of course they were happy but they have both fond memories about their stint in Palermo, something which may not go down well with the Catania fans.

After 3 matches Catania is currently third in Serie A after Sampdoria and AC Milan.

baiocco1.jpg

Captain Davide Baiocco, the scorer of the winning goal.

I've only played 4 matches so far, but Milesi (one of my strikers) was out for one match due to injury...

In all the years i've played ML i remember one (very) long term injury, but once the season was finished, the player in question miraculously got better and could play from the first match...let's say he was injured for 30 weeks (and it was something like that) and after 10 weeks the season was over, then he could play...a very Konami thing to do...

So..i've unlocked the 7 classic teams with the international cup before starting my ML team

I'm in my 2nd season now
wanted to search for the classic players and sign them...but where can I find them?

I have one PES 20008, Ac Milan now in the 2011

Team: 3-3-4
Gk: Al-Habsi
CB Nesta
CB:F.Cannavaro
RB: Zambarota
LB: Ashley Cole
RMF: Pirlo
LMF: Robben
AMF: Kaka
RWG: Ronaldiho
LWG: Messi
CF: Shevchenko

PS2

Just a quick question guys what's the injuries like in the ML? Do you get any, how long etc? Not playes PES2009 yet still in the dark side...

Same as usual really. I rarely get injuries and they're normally short term, 1-2 weeks.

(PS2)
Im having a tough time (thanks to the computer). I seem to be registering draws, losses and the odd hard fought win. Of course, there is still plenty of time to go. I'm still in the first half of my first season (haven't played much) and i'm sure my team will play better come next season.

The scout reports are a funny new addition, but they don't really tell you that much more than you couldn't work out in the first place.

Do you know how the scout reports work Prof ???
I haven't played much (5 matches i think) but i haven't got scout reports.
I play BAL or otherwise (and mostly) my FIFA Manager Mode with Avellino.

My last ML match with Catania was one big frustration. I played Reggina, not exactly world beaters. Catania were largely dominating Reggina, but Reggina's goal keeper was doing miracle after miracle and the only time Reggina came before goal, Catania's GK could not catch a very simple shot, the ball rebounded in the feet of a Reggina attacker and they scored the winner...this is getting very frustrating.
I'm far from sure i will continue, the immersion isn't like a couple of years ago and Catania is one of the first teams where i feel no "bond"...in the past i always became a bit of a fan of the clubs i used in a ML, but not with Catania...

I have that bond more with Avellino even if the give me the impression to loose every single match they play IRL...in my Manager Mode they are currently sixth, which is very good compared to real life Avellino.

PS: tonight i will go to Liège again for the match against Sampdoria and mister Donut Cassano (not to mention his 6 àr 700 girl friends...i become exhausted only thinking about them...). I hope Standard do well...they will almost certainly sell Jovanovic after new year, both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich want to buy him and i also heard that some big English clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd (could be Liverpool or Arsenal too, i'm not sure) are after Witsel...

Last edited:
Hello gerd,

yes, the PES AI is very frustrating. The fact that it's so unsubtle, really rubs it in your face.

Perhaps the scout list is only PS2? It's what was previously just the list. Now, i f you have players on it, you get reports on them every few weeks, if they're happy, a late developer, whether you can acquire them with the points you have etc...

off topic:
if Liege sell Jovanovic or Witsel, i reckon they should try and get Ruiz Gonzalez, don't you think? (who incidentally i have my eye on, in "the other game" in my MM). I'm hoping i can acquire his services, if or when i get promoted to Serie A.

Last edited:
CREDIT BUNCH

52165.gif

STANDARD LOAN IN TWO, AS NICAISE DEPARTS

Standard Liege boss, Professor Nutmeg has taken two players on loan in the mid-season transfer window. Midfielder Laurent Macquet joins from Grenoble, while Saint-Etienne's Emanuel Riviere will add an attacking option upfront.

Meanwhile Benjamin Nicaise, who had fallen out favour with his current manager, secured a permanent move to division rivals Le Mans. "Benjamin was not in my plans," said the manager. Standard were believed to have been persuing Costa Rican international Douglas Sequeira. "We were looking to sign a new midfielder permanently, but negotiations broke down. However, we are happy to have temporarily acquired Laurent Macquet." he added.

Last edited:
So i finally made it to the end of my first season (thank you 'sub bug'). I finished 9th, and crashed out of the cup in the semi-finals. However, i reckon i've qualified for the Uefa cup, as all other cup finalits are in the top six of the league.

The off-season has brought a glimpse of realism, in that some of my top players are being signed by bigger clubs. I'm still in the off-season and thus far, Jovanovic (Panathinaikos) and Defour (Udinese) have left. Will Onyewu be next?
My two loans left and i allowed some others to leave too, so i've been very short on players. It's a bit of a rebuild.

I was unimpressed by Espinoza in goal last season, so i didn't renew his contract. Instead, i have brought in Vandenbussche.

Defender Mikulic was also allowed to leave and i replaced him with Grenoble's Rendulic.

Lorient came in with a swap deal for my young French defender Phibel, offering me Namouchi in return. I accepted, but am yet to decide whether i require the ex-Glasgow Ranger.

Defour's replacement is a familiar face. Lacen (Santander) played under me at Alavés (PES5) and was eager to work with me again.

Being very thin in the midfield, i raided relegated side FC Volendam for two of their players, Bakens and De Lange. I think i'll be looking to employ Bakens in some sort of holding midfield role. A weak point last season.

My highest profile signing is upfront though. With the departure of wideman Jovanovic, i may dismantle last season's 4-3-3 in favour of a 4-5-1, with a lone front man. I swooped for Hull City's Caleb Folan, who wasn't featuring much for 'the Tigers.' I'm hoping he'll offer a different tactical presence to Mbokani upfront.

Despite all the comings and goings, i still only have a 22 man squad and i aim to field a starting XI made up of the majority of players from last season. However, i do plan to watch some of my new signings in a pre-season friendly, against CFR Cluj.

Perhaps the scout list is only PS2? It's what was previously just the list.

It's on PSP as well and it's fair bet that it's on the other consoles. You get a scout report every four weeks for players that you have added to the scouting list.

is there a ml editor so i can make transfers?

Yeah, there is an extensive editor in PES - you can edit pretty much anything: stats, players' appearences and also transfer players to different clubs.

Last edited:
Thusfar irl Standard bought two players: Sinan Bolat (GK) and Benteke (FW) both are youngsters from Genk.
It seems that Dante will be the only one to leave Standard in this transfer window (he will play for Borussia Monchengladbach).

Really gerd? Jovanovic has interest over here, as well as Witsel. Of course, it's just talk.

Over xmas i found some old PS1 memory cards with ISS PE2 saves: option file, replays and a master league file. I think i'll dig it out again. ISS PE2 was a game i couldn't put down.

I never played that game...i started with PES1...quite a few veterans say that ISS2 (the second game on PS1) is still the best in the series.

Concerning Standard: the board is adamant that Dante is the only player that will leave the club in this transfer window. They say that there hasn't been a concrete offer for Jovanovic. According tot that same paper Onyewu will certainly leave the club at the end of the season. Furthermore Standard will buy 3 additional players during thi transfer window: a left back who can also play as CB (Valdir, Andre Clarindo ???), an additional midfielder and an additional FW (a Congolese international called Tresor Mputo would be at the verge of signing a contract...). There is also a rumour that Tom De Mul (now with Sevilla) would come back to Belgium: Standard, Anderlecht and Genk are interested but it seems that he will end up with Racing Genk.

Oh and even more off-topic: Gent manager Louwagie isn't stisfied anymore about Bryan Ruiz. He said that Gent should have sold him in summer...Gent's other Costa Rican Azofeifa will probably leave Gent for Israël (Hapoel Tel Aviv).

ISS PE2 was the first of the series that I played. I wonder if PES2008 will be the last? We shall see.

Speaking to Serbian site Blic online, Jovanovic said, "Everton aren't a big club. That club I have turned down already."

Jovanovic also revealed that a Premier League top four club were interested in signing him, "The other club interested in me is in and around the top four in the Premier League," he continued.
It has been speculated that the second club might be Villa, we are looking for a striker after all. Probably just talk.

I think Villa would be a good club for Jovanovic.
I'm not sure if Jovanovic is good enough for the top of the Premiership or for the big clubs he was linked with (Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen).
Last year he was struggling and now he plays in a team that is considerably overachieving. Standard is living on cloud nine for the moment (although i'm not sure what they thought about the 3-0 defeat against VFB Stuttgart...) and everything they try just succeeds.
From here on it can only go downhill and then i'm not sure if Jovanovic is the player to become a leader...i think he's less suited for English football than Fellaini...

I'd say, Nick.

Although, i have recently changed to unassisted (cursor) and the sub-bug fix helps too. I play every now and then, but it's nothing like it once was. Probably start a new ML in Feb. I've been playing some random exhibition matches in the meantime, with teams like Thailand and UAE.

Back
Top Bottom