The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Hopefully Leverkusen win the league. It needs variety.

They deserve immense credit as Bayern should be winning that league at a canter.
Hopefully. Everyone is aware of Tottenham's supposed 'bottling', but it doesn't hold a candle to ours.

Once lost a league on goal difference after winning 9-1 in a game earlier that year.

I think it's hilarious with the Kane thing

I still don't really see the sense in the Kane transfer. I think it was more some kind of prestige transfer ("Look Real, ManCity, PSG, we are Bayern and we are still able to get one of the worlds best strikers if we want.") than a really needed one. Bayern has a current goal difference of 59:22, last year at the same time it was 61:21. Funny thing is they have 7 points more than last year but Leverkusen still is stronger.

I still don't really see the sense in the Kane transfer. I think it was more some kind of prestige transfer ("Look Real, ManCity, PSG, we are Bayern and we are still able to get one of the worlds best strikers if we want.") than a really needed one. Bayern has a current goal difference of 59:22, last year at the same time it was 61:21. Funny thing is they have 7 points more than last year but Leverkusen still is stronger.
Feels like a prestige transfer, not what they really needed like you said.
Yeah, 04 is doing one hell of a job tbh

Once lost a league on goal difference after winning 9-1 in a game earlier that year.
Isn't it from there that the 'Neverkusen' myth originated?
The 1999-2002 period, I mean.

And of course yeah, despite having a sympathy for Dortmund (what did you say about losing the league on goal difference?), I agree with @Flipper the Priest on this: it would not be bad at all to see Bayern not win the Bundesliga for a change.

Isn't it from there that the 'Neverkusen' myth originated?
The 1999-2002 period, I mean.

And of course yeah, despite having a sympathy for Dortmund (what did you say about losing the league on goal difference?), I agree with @Flipper the Priest on this: it would not be bad at all to see Bayern not win the Bundesliga for a change.
Yes then lost the treble in 2001-02 season.

Ballack and Zé Roberto left to Bayern that summer, and we narrowly escaped relegation the season after

Felt so bad for Ballack's Leverkusen that season. An incredible turn of events..

Quality player too, loved to watch him play. A very elegant, yet powerful player.

There are rumours linking Mourinho to Bayern next season to replace Tuchel.
Of course, football's rumour mill must always be taken with more than a grain of salt, but still interesting news.
Apparently Kane wants to reunite with him.

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/jose-...ch-pressure-thomas-tuchel/blt04e78fd91ff9d363

Prestigiously scoring 24 goals and being the top scorer in the division. Seems to make perfect sense to me

Bodö/Glimt having 2-0 in Amsterdam vs ajax is really fun.
Love the giant killers.
And theyre not even in season, this is their pre season
and bonus for seeing Hendo lose
Fuck it, it ended up a draw

Last edited:
We’ve got to win today against Luton and then against Fulham or we can kiss goodbye to the glimmer of hope we have of playing champions league football next season!

Edit: Happy days! (With the result)

Last edited:
Oh dear DFB... :ROLL:
I could only watching the first half from the womens match France v germany. Than I must had to change the TV-channel. What happens to ma girls?
I think some of the players would have not be in the squad. Especially the Wolfsburg players. Because of the bad manager from Wolfsburg.

Hopefully, the team will win v the dutches on wednesday to qualify for the olympics this year.

Aghh late Fulham goal 🤦‍♂️
Our champions league hopes aren’t looking good now. Especially with City being our next league game. Sad times 😞

Except my team which i follow home and away as much as i can, my main leagues ouside my own is Serie A and Bundesliga.
Has been quite a season in both, Juventus isnt a factor anymore, Bologna is an amazing story sneaking in on a CL place atm
Bundesliga has been a great deal of fun, Bayer Leverkusen are 10 p clear of Bayern and looks like theyre grabbing their first BL title
Found a new great player to watch in Maximilian Beier in Hoffenheim.
Will Harrys trophy cabiinet still be empty, hope so

Can we... Like... Just rewind the clock to like 12 hours ago and replay Porto vs. Benfica perhaps?
Asking on behalf of a friend of mine, of course.

What a shame. What an utter shame.

Were you the last team that won the league outside Celtic/Rangers?

Yeah - as far back as 1985. Third title in six seasons and then I was born a few months later.

Except my team which i follow home and away as much as i can, my main leagues ouside my own is Serie A and Bundesliga.
Has been quite a season in both, Juventus isnt a factor anymore, Bologna is an amazing story sneaking in on a CL place atm
Bundesliga has been a great deal of fun, Bayer Leverkusen are 10 p clear of Bayern and looks like theyre grabbing their first BL title
Found a new great player to watch in Maximilian Beier in Hoffenheim.
Will Harrys trophy cabiinet still be empty, hope so

I've been watching a good few Bologna games to follow Lewis Ferguson. They're excellent to watch, as is he. Hopefully Series A becomes a typical career path for Scottish players as opposed to Celtic or Rangers or the abyss of England.

Oh, and Bologna's shirt is sublime too.

Yeah - as far back as 1985. Third title in six seasons and then I was born a few months later.

I've been watching a good few Bologna games to follow Lewis Ferguson. They're excellent to watch, as is he. Hopefully Series A becomes a typical career path for Scottish players as opposed to Celtic or Rangers or the abyss of England.

Oh, and Bologna's shirt is sublime too.

Saw them beating a very solid Atalanta yesterday, fun side to watch for sure.

I've experienced both our trophies, league in -01 and cup in -21
So call me a glory hunter.

I'm actually taking a liking to Torino!
I like their crest, think the Bull is a cool symbol, and I really like two of their players.
Raoul Bellanova (a star in my Reggina ML story), and #9 striker, Colombian Duván Zapata. :)
Torino has exceeded expectations, right now they are 10th after a difficult start to the season.
I'm watching most of their games. 🐂

1709649262014.png

Last edited:
I like their crest, think the Bull is a cool symbol, and I really like two of their players.
Raoul Bellanova (a star in my Reggina ML story), and #9 striker, Colombian Duván Zapata. :)
Torino has exceeded expectations, right now they are 10th after a difficult start to the season.

View attachment 267048
A club with a great history too

View attachment 267048
Remember how good Duvan was in Atalanta, him Ilicic and Papu Gomez was one of the bewst trios ive seen
Them beatin Torino away with 7-0
That season was insane from Atalanta.
https://www.worldfootball.net/report/serie-a-2019-2020-torino-fc-atalanta/
Had PES careers on both 15 and 17 with Torino

First defeat for Jose Luis Mendilibar as Olympiacos coach, and jeez Maccabi Tel Aviv stamped all over Olympiacos today, I am confident Olympiacos can still do a miracle in the second leg though, even if I'm not an Olympiacos fan.

First defeat for Jose Luis Mendilibar as Olympiacos coach, and jeez Maccabi Tel Aviv stamped all over Olympiacos today, I am confident Olympiacos can still do a miracle in the second leg though, even if I'm not an Olympiacos fan.
I’ve always liked Olympiacos and I’m not sure why because I have absolutely no links with them whatsoever.

I’ve always liked Olympiacos and I’m not sure why because I have absolutely no links with them whatsoever.
If I had to take a guess, seeing as you're a Manchester United fan, it would probably be because they were VERY close to knocking out Liverpool in the UCL group stages in the year they did the miraculous comeback. Plus Rivaldo and Giovanni were in the squad back then, how could any European football fan not like them? For Greek fans specifically though, it's another story, and @slamsoze can tell you why...

This is actually a topic which would be quite cool to learn about, I'm guessing it's kind of like Juventus or Bayern.. Loved by huge fanbases/massive success and also at the same time perhaps least liked by rival fans..
not quite, in greece they're hated because they were involved in massive scandals involving rigged games and things like that, especially in the late 90s-mid 2010s

EDIT: reading your comment again, I think you're actually right lmao

That's most probably from a previous life. when you were a Greek fisherman. Remember? No? Ahh that's just as well. Otherwise you might remember the time when you were born in Liverpool. :LOL: :COAT:

Back
Top Bottom