The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Now that both Messi and Neymar have left PSG, I actually find Ligue 1 more interesting to watch nowadays.

I haven't really followed it for a long time, and even though PSG is still leading the league, the fact that the league isn't as star-heavy seems, in a way, more appealing to me. I actually enjoy watching Mbappe, so seeing him lead his team as a one man wrecking crew is preferable than seeing an all-star team, IMO.

I don't really have a preference for any French team, I do like Rennes' Black and Orange colors though, so I might start paying attention to them. :)

Now that both Messi and Neymar have left PSG, I actually find Ligue 1 more interesting to watch nowadays.

I haven't really followed it for a long time, and even though PSG is still leading the league, the fact that the league isn't as star-heavy seems, in a way, more appealing to me. I actually enjoy watching Mbappe, so seeing him lead his team as a one man wrecking crew is preferable than seeing an all-star team, IMO.

I don't really have a preference for any French team, I do like Rennes' Black and Orange colors though, so I might start paying attention to them. :)
Never watched a single French league game in my life. Never appealed to me. I’ve watchedother leagues like Spanish, German, Italian but for whatever reason I never got an interest in the French league.

Maybe your overlords shouldn't price out ordinary fans then.
The stadium took a record attendance I believe. The atmosphere didn’t have anything to do with ticket prices. Normally the atmosphere is immense. It’s like they said on Sky Sports. Liverpool and its fans were waiting in anticipation for a goal and it never came. We defended well and then they had sour grapes at the end because we frustrated them.

Ajax's awful season reaching it's nadir vs 4th division USV Hercules in the KNVB Cup. 2-0 down with 10 minutes left, pulled it back to 2-2. Hercules then scored in added time to win 3-2!

Ajax's awful season reaching it's nadir vs 4th division USV Hercules in the KNVB Cup. 2-0 down with 10 minutes left, pulled it back to 2-2. Hercules then scored in added time to win 3-2!
But the Ajax women made a draw in first match v FC bayern munich and in second match a win in the UWCL.

Crazy little world... 🧐

Fucking love Afcon, take that and Asian cup over Euros any day of the week
I wouldn't say I take it over the Euros, but I do prefer an international tournament over a club tournament. Feels like every player knows this might be their only chance (or last chance, if they are older).

1. Rashford - face palm

2. Great news that Klopp is leaving Liverpool. You boys can join us in the battle for the coveted 8th spot in the league next year.

All seriousness, a top manager that’s done absolute wonders for Liverpool and someone that’s irreplaceable.

1. Rashford - face palm

2. Great news that Klopp is leaving Liverpool. You boys can join us in the battle for the coveted 8th spot in the league next year.

All seriousness, a top manager that’s done absolute wonders for Liverpool and someone that’s irreplaceable.
Unfortunately you are probably right. I thought similar when Fergie left United. Top managers, are never replaced easily.

Edit Thinking about it. Citeh seem to be one of those exceptions to the rule with Mancini through to Pep. But surely when he leaves there, i would expect them to come undone a bit (FFP aside).

Last edited:
Unfortunately you are probably right. I thought similar when Fergie left United. Top managers, are never replaced easily.

Edit Thinking about it. Citeh seem to be one of those exceptions to the rule with Mancini through to Pep. But surely when he leaves there, i would expect them to come undone a bit (FFP aside).
Their board got it right when appointing and unlimited resources always helps.
Our board logic when Fergie retired: “Sir Alex is Scottish… let’s hire someone Scottish”

Both shit managers vs Xabi though, leading the Bundesliga in front of Bayern who has won the league like 10 times in a row (or something)
Edit 11
Fair point. I think they should be clever about it if they’re going to get Alonso as manager. The reality is that whoever is appointed after Klopp is going to be under heavy scrutiny and immense pressure to deliver and likelihood is that they’re not going to do as well as Klopp. I think it would make sense to hire a fall guy manger to take the inevitable hit and then hire Alsonso after that. Perception is everything and if they hire Alonso after Klopp it’s going to make Alonso look bad, which I’m sure isn’t what Liverpool fans would want. They’ve got to be smart about it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom