The estranged Chelsea fan thread

The way Bolton are playing these days i wouldn't be too worried.

Well I am! We were dreadful on Saturday - so slack in just about every area. Drogba , Cech and Makelele played well, but the rest were pretty poor. Sheva was especially abject!!!

New manager in November I've heard. He might need a bonus for avoiding relegation written into his contract!

Off-topic: that 7-4 was a great match Prof...

I have a funny story about MOTD and my 7 year old daughter.
She is turning out to be a real football freak and she's the only girl in the teanm of our village...They've played 4 matches and won them all...but always 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1. My daughter spoke to me about that and said something like "Daddy we aren't THAT good we never score more than two goals". I tell her not to worry that in real football two goals is a lot. And then i tell her to watch MOTD with me (i record it and watch it sunday afternoon). First match they show: 7-4..."My dad knows shit about football"...

Afterwards Chelsea-Fulham. She recongnizes Cech with his peculiar "head gear"...her reaction: " Daddy that team is my favourite team, they really are the best, when i grow up that is the team i want to play for" (until yesterday it was Barcelona because she liked the jerseys, but she claims Chelsea really is the strongest team in the world)...

Conclusion: there is hope...Chelsea the team of the next generation...

Last edited:
You're doing a wonderful job as a parent to your little girl, Gerd. :mrgreen: :applause: ;)

But something tells me that Chelsea will be stronger after the next transfer window...they will not miss their African players...

PS= IMHO they should sell Sheva...he looks a major pain in the ass to me...

A bit how it is at the moment then :lol:

Drogba (injured/suspended), Mikel (suspended), Essien (didn't play), Kalou (doesn't turn up).

True - I can barely remember a time when we haven't had lot's of players out in the last 18 months!

No idea how we'll get on tonight (so it's worthwhile me posting this ;)). Our final ball and our finishing have really let us down recently, so if that improves we'll be ok.

If not..... #-o

i hope we get back to our 433 formation ,it has always been our best formation(remember when Duff and robben were there)but i doubt we could do it tonight as we miss Lampard and his run into the box and Sheva MUST play:roll:

Phew!

A decent performance but still some way below our 'pomp'. Over reliant on Drogba (who was absolutely superb) - but the win is everything though.

Let's hope we can build on it going into Sunday.

Chelsea hatch secret plan to install Hiddink as manager

Guus Hiddink is set to be installed as the next manager of Chelsea despite Avram Grant leading the club to an impressive 2-1 win at Valencia in the Champions League last night. The Dutchman will not take over at Stamford Bridge before the end of November when Russia's Euro 2008 qualifying campaign is over.

However, the 60-year-old has already started to put his coaching team in place with Ajax boss Henk ten Cate set to be given a senior coaching role in the next few weeks. The London Evening Standard reports that Ten Cate has met with Chelsea's technical director Frank Arnesen in his London home for talks over the position on the proviso he will be one of three assistants to work under Hiddink.

The highly-respected Dutch newspaper De Pers today reports Hiddink has already secretly agreed to take charge at Chelsea and that it is only a matter of time before an official announcement is made. The other two assistants have yet to be appointed, but it appears that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has won his long-standing battle to get Hiddink to Stamford Bridge.

It has been reported that despite the billionaire playing a major role in getting him to coach Russia over the last 14 months, as well as funding his salary, that Abramovich would be unable to use his close ties to get Hiddink to take charge of Chelsea.
Even last week Hiddink denied he had a chance of joining the club, who saw inspirational manager Jose Mourinho leave by mutual consent a few days earlier. He said: "Abramovich asked me 'What do you want?' I told him that right now I want to do nothing else except concentrate on Russia. I want to see this through now and then see what happens."

Russia trail second-placed England in Group E by two points with three games remaining, which includes a match in Moscow against Steve McClaren's men in two weeks. Hiddink's contract with the Russian Football Federation runs out next year although the Dutchman claimed recently he was going to extend it to 2010 whether they qualified for next year's major tournament or not.

However, it appears the former Real Madrid and PSV Eindhoven coach will take charge at Stamford Bridge instead and bring much comfort to the supporters, who feared that Grant was under-qualified to succeed Mourinho having only managed the Israel national team and club sides Maccabi Tel Aviv and Maccabi Haifa.

Ten Cate is regarded as one of the best coaches in football and enjoyed a highly successful spell as Frank Rijkaard's assistant at Barcelona before joining Ajax in the summer of 2006. A Chelsea statement said: "Avram Grant, as first-team coach, has made it publicly clear several times that he intends to strengthen his back-room team in addition to his assistant coach Steve Clarke.

"One of the scenarios Avram is considering is a team containing a British assistant coach in Steve and a foreign assistant coach, a system the first team are already familiar with."

Discuss....

Well if Hiddink joins Chelsea, you can't call it exactly a big surprise...he's succesfull but will her bring back attractive, offensive football to Stamford Bridge??? I doubt it...

One more thing: highly respected Dutch newspaper "De Pers" ??? Never heard of it...

Well if Hiddink joins Chelsea, you can't call it exactly a big surprise...he's succesfull but will her bring back attractive, offensive football to Stamford Bridge??? I doubt it...

One more thing: highly respected Dutch newspaper "De Pers" ??? Never heard of it...

The story came from the Daily Mail, which is as far from 'highly respected' as a paper can be! It has been mentioned in various other places too though.

I loved the way Hiddink's PSV side played football (can't say I remember his RM days), but defensively they were very poor (as Russia appeared to be, against England last month). Maybe with JT as captain and more cash to call on, that might be less of a problem than previously?

;) More like relieved SB. It was surprising however, especially after going 1-0 down. I put it down to Terry's presence (think of the message it sends to the other non-injured players) and Carvalho returning.

chelsea needs a young coach just like mourinho when he first arrived
not marcelo lippi, christoph daum or fabio capello

and robben was a great player, million times better than malouda
the transfer of sheva and ballack was unnecessary
ben-haim and alex are not great defenders like terry and carvalho

a young and brave new coach could solve all the problems

A hard fought win. We wasted a few chances in the 1st half, and when Kalou came off for Pizarro, we failed to create much in the 2nd. Could and should have been more than one goal, but Bolton could say the same thing - I thought they were very good to be honest.

So now a couple of weeks to patch up the walking wounded and we will see where we go from there.

Gerd, Tchité forgot all about his maternal issues last night and got his first for Racing \\:o/. Another new boy, Ebi Smolarek, got off the other in a good 2-0 win. I'll post the goals if I can find them.

Ten Cate comes to mow.....

From the Ajax website:

Ajax and Chelsea agree about Henk ten Cate Amsterdam, 08 okt 2007

In talks with Chelsea, Ajax have reached agreement with the English club about the immediate transfer of Henk ten Cate to the London-based side.

It is now up to Chelsea and Henk ten Cate to finalise the deal together. Ajax do not expect this to take much time.
After being approached by Chelsea, Henk ten Cate asked the Ajax management last week permission to start negotiations with the Premier-League side. After internal deliberations, Ajax granted permission.

Re: Ten Cate comes to mow.....

From the Ajax website:

Ajax and Chelsea agree about Henk ten Cate Amsterdam, 08 okt 2007

In talks with Chelsea, Ajax have reached agreement with the English club about the immediate transfer of Henk ten Cate to the London-based side.

It is now up to Chelsea and Henk ten Cate to finalise the deal together. Ajax do not expect this to take much time.
After being approached by Chelsea, Henk ten Cate asked the Ajax management last week permission to start negotiations with the Premier-League side. After internal deliberations, Ajax granted permission.

alright T...

good to see you posting on here fella....

where do you see this guy fitting in, is he gonna work with arnesen or grant?

surely they have to keep clarke??

I thought them getting rid of Mourhino made sense for many reasons, as good as he is (a genuine replacement for SAF by the way) taking roman and the club on was suicidal....

it was just bad timing which is only highlighted more but not having all this already sorted...

anyway there is only person for chelsea to blame IMO...

cuddly pete!!

alright T...

good to see you posting on here fella....
where do you see this guy fitting in, is he gonna work with arnesen or grant?
surely they have to keep clarke??
I thought them getting rid of Mourhino made sense for many reasons, as good as he is (a genuine replacement for SAF by the way) taking roman and the club on was suicidal....
it was just bad timing which is only highlighted more but not having all this already sorted...
anyway there is only person for chelsea to blame IMO...
cuddly pete!!

Hello mate - wondered if you were still on here.

I think Roman is going one of two routes. The first is that he has a Hiddink or Van Basten in mind and is laying the groundwork so that whoever Grant's replacement is, he has his men around him and can hit the ground running.

The 2nd route revolves around running team affairs as he would a business. Mourinho has gone, and with him have gone the chief scout, the fitness guys, the goalkeeping coach and his assistant coaches (other than Stevie Clarke). Massive upheaval.

However, if he has a Managing Director (Grant) and then an assortment of coaches underneath Grant with no obvious links to each other (Clarke - Motivational, ten Cate - Technical, A.N. Other - Defensive for example) if one of them under performs or resigns, the knock on effect to the playing squad is tiny. If you'll forgive the woeful analogy, much like the Sugarbabes, a certain playing style could be maintained over a period of time, regardless of whether or not the original members remain.

Whether or not this would work, I don't know. I'm sure people would be queueing round the block to say it is a system that would never work, but football here is so insular and distrusting of new ideas that I've got to say I'd like to see him try it just out of curiosity.

Your cuddly mate is still up to his usual tricks - 2 days after José had gone the newspage was filled with the news that we are now NFL training partners (fook knows what it means!?) for New York Somethings and the Chicago Something elses! Crisis? What crisis? Chelsea supporters, the brand is still strong in South Korea!!! :roll:

Hello mate - wondered if you were still on here.

I think Roman is going one of two routes. The first is that he has a Hiddink or Van Basten in mind and is laying the groundwork so that whoever Grant's replacement is, he has his men around him and can hit the ground running.

The 2nd route revolves around running team affairs as he would a business. Mourinho has gone, and with him have gone the chief scout, the fitness guys, the goalkeeping coach and his assistant coaches (other than Stevie Clarke). Massive upheaval.

However, if he has a Managing Director (Grant) and then an assortment of coaches underneath Grant with no obvious links to each other (Clarke - Motivational, ten Cate - Technical, A.N. Other - Defensive for example) if one of them under performs or resigns, the knock on effect to the playing squad is tiny. If you'll forgive the woeful analogy, much like the Sugarbabes, a certain playing style could be maintained over a period of time, regardless of whether or not the original members remain.

lol great analogy there mate, it all makes sense now!

If all the coaches can play their roles without egos getting in the way, it could work, and to good effect, I think grant could handle the defensive duties aswell, otherwise if chelsea start playing sexy football once the dutch guy gets in it will make grant look pretty redundant.

But it will be interesting, and I think there will be players who will benifit from jose no longer being there....

Whether or not this would work, I don't know. I'm sure people would be queueing round the block to say it is a system that would never work, but football here is so insular and distrusting of new ideas that I've got to say I'd like to see him try it just out of curiosity.

your're sounding cynical there T...

its interesting that roman has already linked up or associated himself with dutch coaches, who are usually very forward thinking, I think if it looks good on the pitch, which is what roman wants, then every club will be trying it next season (spurs 1st)....

Your cuddly mate is still up to his usual tricks - 2 days after José had gone the newspage was filled with the news that we are now NFL training partners (fook knows what it means!?) for New York Somethings and the Chicago Something elses! Crisis? What crisis? Chelsea supporters, the brand is still strong in South Korea!!! :roll:

Ahh good old pete, sounds like the good old days, his groundbreaking deal with united and the yankees lol...

he is a prize twat, in comparison he didnt manage to do too much damage at OT....

fingers crossed his next job is working for lfc!!

Nice to see you back Vann. I always considered you as one of the most enjoyable people on this forum...
I just read in a Dutch paper that Ajax have difficulties to hide their pleasure that Ten Cate has left...
It's true that they were pathetic under his managership: both in results and in the quality of their football (very important in Ajax).

Back
Top Bottom