The England Topic

SulphuricX said:
Dont know about smith, but defoe yes, and parker, indefinitely, HES THE FUCKING YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

No room for Parker in the squad in my opinion. Dyer im not happy about but id agree on everything else. I personally wouldnt take Dyer and id take Barry instead.

Also id get shot of Phil Neville and draft in Defoe instead. We need 5 strikers really.

Oh and fingers crossed Southgate gets fit by June, Sven said he might cll him up if he is fit which would be a huge plus. 'Gate said he'd be fit for the opening game but not for the warmup games which is why Sven left him out.

Oh and about the 4 striker thing, at least take Defoe, i still dont think Smith will perform well at international level, but wtf, how can he not take SWP, PARKER AND DEFOE, and take DYER and VASSEL WHAT A FUCKER.

SulphuricX said:
My verdict :Svens a fucking retard

Your Verdict: Ranieri should be gone from Chelsea so thats how much you know ;)

Im happy with Sven, he's only lost one COMPETITIVE game which was Brazil. His tactics at times arent great but id happily keep him till WC 06 at least. Yes he's made some dodyg decisions with the squad but if he wins Euro 2004 you'll be acklaiming him as a genius so lets just see how he does first.

I wasnt excited about Euro 2004 but now the seaosn is over and the hype surrounding the squad annoucement im now buzzing. Cant wait for it too kick off in under a month.

Richard Wright on standby? Walker one of the 3 keepers in the squad, what about Nigel Martyn!
I agree that the 4 strikers aren't enough. I think either Defoe, Smith or Beattie should be given a real chance and get rid of some tat like Hargreaves and Butt.
I also agree that Shaun Wright Phillips and Gareth Barry should have been put into the squad and at least on stand-by.

The only other reason i want Ranieri gone is because the speculation is hurting the club, and it pisses me off, they might as well get the change over with, as i sed before, i do want him to stay, but not at the expense of the club. That is impossible, which is why i want him out.

BACK TO ENGLAND
I do not think that sven has enough in this squad to win EURO.

Sorry, but England can't have anyone to blame if they lose when they pick duds like Heskey. Also agree that defense is very weak looking, one injury to either CB and it's over.

How can Sven think that Heskey is better than Defoe? :roll: :shock: :x :( :?: :eh: :bat: [-X [-( ](*,)

Ok so my changes would be:-

Walker >>> Martyn
------------
P Neville >>> Defoe
King >>> Southgate (take a risk on him, he'll be fit for the France game and he's worth the risk)
------------
Dyer >>> Barry
------------

Despite how shite heskey is he is a good compliment to Owen and at least is handy if we're 1-nil up against France with 88mins left, he can stand in the corner with the ball and holds it up well. Vassell deserves a place for scoring against Turkey and helping us get there. Rooney im not a fan of but again he's worth it. So im happy with the strikers, however we do need 1 more. Defence is my major worry though :l

so are we taking 23 players to portugal? or do we have to get rid of a couple?

loz said:
so are we taking 23 players to portugal? or do we have to get rid of a couple?

Yeah we take 23 to portugal. But we have 24 playing in the Manchester Tournament (Defoe). Defoe is travelling as an immediate replacement for anyone that is unfit. Then there is a list of 5 or 6 or something that are backup players. The final swuad is due in on the 2nd of June. So any changes HAVE too be made by that date.

Boro said:
Despite how shite heskey is he is a good compliment to Owen and at least is handy if we're 1-nil up against France with 88mins left, he can stand in the corner with the ball and holds it up well. Vassell deserves a place for scoring against Turkey and helping us get there. Rooney im not a fan of but again he's worth it. So im happy with the strikers, however we do need 1 more. Defence is my major worry though :l

i can see wot u r saying about heskey being a compliment to owen with regards to his size and physical pressence but surely in this bustling striker type role Beattie would have been the better option
i am not sure exactly but i think he's got over 15 goals in the prem whereas i think heskey doesnt even have 10

I'd rather have Heskey than Beattie, the guy will prove us all wrong just wait and see.

Shaun-Wrighty Phillips should be in the squad, and Defoe has a shout - but I'd leave Parker out as we have players of his 'qualities' already in abundance, we don't need a younger less physical player to take gerrards place.

I'm happy Joe Cole is still there, he's the only exciting player in the squad... the only one who will take players on, and the only one who can dribble..

lol.

cigol said:
I'd rather have Heskey than Beattie, the guy will prove us all wrong just wait and see.

i think england and liverpool fans have been waiting for a long time....

I'm not impressed with Beattie's first touch when ive seen him, at least Heskey has big tournie experience, and lets not forget what a good job he did for most of 2002 WC.

oh i'm not beatties biggest fan and i'll admit his first touch at times is supspect but out of the two (if we are lookin at the bigger imposing strikers) beattie would be a better option. If i was in charge tho (LOL) i would've given defoe the nod

Keepers
Pretty much pick themselves really, can't have any complaints about them.

Defenders
I'd have picked Southgate, seen if he'd recovered or not and had King on the stand by list. Ehiogu was another option who I wouldn't have minded seeing, but I've been impressed with King from what i've seen. Barry, everyone raves about him but I haven't seen an awful lot of him to say he should go. Other than that, I think it's pretty decent. Phil Neville over Mills due to his versatility and the fact that he's playing his best football of his career. Mills can also be a bit tempremental at times too, so I think that's a good decision.

Midfield
Even though he's yet to play for England, I think Wright Phillips deserved to go. He'd be far more effective than Dyer. Parker should also be going instead of Butt. He has far more to his game and can do just a good a job of protecting the back 4 as Butt.

Striker
Defoe should be going instead of Vassell. Both similar players but Deofe is just......better.
I'm not too bothered about Heskey going, i'd take him before Smith and Beattie as they're too in experienced.

Heres my view about the selections;
I'm quite happy with the defence and midfield selection although Dyer's selection is a bit suspect,he has done little or no impact at all this season,just ask them Toons.I think 4 strikers are enuff but its about taking the right ones and for me,Heskey and Vassell should not be in the team.They should be replaced by Beattie and Defoe,if Shearer made that U-turn,I'd definitely pick him ahead of Beattie,cos we definitely need a big targetman up there who can make them knockdown headers and flick ons for nippy guys like Defoe and Owen to latch on.Beattie is the answer...just my two cents.

you say you'd take heskey over the other two because of experience, Hutch. But Vassell has a lot of experience compared to Defoe, isnt that a good enough reason to choose him over the White Hart Lane Wonder?

Fuck - I am so pissed this weekend. . . . Roy Jones gets KO'd and then Wright-Phillips gets left off the squad. :x :x :x

I watch Hargreaves in the Bundesliga and while he has his days, there is nothing I see him offer that other better midfielders are not already providing. SWP would have been a great change of pace addition to the squad, and a player whose speed and fearlessness create opportunities by unsettling the defense.

I mean, does England really have any other players like him that are healthy?!?!

Evo said:
Richard Wright on standby? Walker one of the 3 keepers in the squad, what about Nigel Martyn!
I agree that the 4 strikers aren't enough. I think either Defoe, Smith or Beattie should be given a real chance and get rid of some tat like Hargreaves and Butt.
I also agree that Shaun Wright Phillips and Gareth Barry should have been put into the squad and at least on stand-by.

Spot on mate. :salute:

cigol said:

I'm happy Joe Cole is still there, he's the only exciting player in the squad... the only one who will take players on, and the only one who can dribble..

lol.

Rooney can dribble very well and he always takes people on. He is the most exciting, Joe Cole is second. ;) You wait and see, Rooney will shine.

And as for Heskey, he's just fucking useless. I'm sorry but he shouldn't be there, its as simple as that. Beattie or Defoe are a much better option.

you should have commented in a few days jack, then Heskey woulda left anfield and so you could have made a less biased opinion!!!

loz said:
you say you'd take heskey over the other two because of experience, Hutch. But Vassell has a lot of experience compared to Defoe, isnt that a good enough reason to choose him over the White Hart Lane Wonder?

No. :)
We need a mixture of exprience and youthful innocence to unleash.

loz said:
you should have commented in a few days jack, then Heskey woulda left anfield and so you could have made a less biased opinion!!!

It doesn’t matter who he plays for, Loz. He was crap at Liverpool and he will probably be just as crap at Birmingham. I just get annoyed that Sven still picks him for England regardless of his form.

Hopefully now he has gone to Birmingham Sven won't use him. (unless he plays well there, which is extremely unlikely!)

TBH i think it'll be a good move for Heskey. Bruce wears his heart on his sleeve a bit more and is in a similar mould to O'Neill, who obviously got him a reputation at Leicester. . . And Jack, dont let your emotions cloud your judgement ;)

Okay fair enough. Maybe I was being a little stubborn. ;)

I think he is better suited to Birmingham though.

loz said:
Bruce wears his heart on his sleeve a bit more

the advantage being its very easy to transfer it to a new shinier shirt.

Back
Top Bottom