The England Topic

loz said:
whats wrong with brian kidd?

Getting treatment for Prostate Cancer
(get well soon Brian)

As for the McClaren link Sven hasnt asked McClaren yet. If he does ask however and i hope he doesnt, id like him to say no. This is an important summer for Boro and as much as it means too be Englands Number 2 we need McClaren in Boro getting us set for next season.

its been anounced that Steve McClaren will assist england at euro 2004 in place of brian kidd, got to be good news as far as england is concerned :D

Also david Platt has been axed from the u21 he will now act as a scout for the senior side until july when his contract expires!

WIth Becks likely to play a central mid role as he does for Real Madrid, how is Sven gonna stock the other mid positions? Lampard at right and Gerrard on the left with Scholes advanced?

Anyone know??

sven has gone for a diamond in the last 5 or so games.

its been

-------------scholes
----gerrard---------beckham
---------------butt

but will probably turn to

---------------scholes
-----lampard---------beckham
---------------gerrard

for the euros

or cole lampard gerrard and becks if he goes for a flat four.

imo beckhams best position is on the right of the diamond as it means he can still get out wide and put a few crosses in, without being isolated from central midfield play. the only problem is, the diamond seems to work well in theory but it doesnt neccesarily always come off.

yeah but sven loves scholes too much and if you play lampard on the left of the diamond your basically halving gerrards game. the flat four with cole on the left is our best bet imo its just a shame scholes gets left out. i dont think too many people can suggest lampard doesnt deserve his place though.

csaunders said:
i think sven said gerrard is gonna play on the left..... becks in the middle....

not sure i like the sound of that :(

you can only really get away with gerrard on the left with a diamond and becks in one of the middle positions of a diamond ....... :oops:

i guess ill have to wait and see what sven has up his sleeves.

csaunders said:
i think sven said gerrard is gonna play on the left..... becks in the middle....

I read that too, but Lampard and Gerrard are too hot right now to be on the bench. I'd start them (gasp) over Scholes and i wouldnt have said that a year ago.

also with Terry playing like a rock in the middle, maybe they'll let the DMF move up a little more to throw another wrench in the machine.

And Wright Phillips on the bench. . .Damn - I cant wait for this shit!!

i thought wright phllips was dutch, but he wouldnt even make my england squad, he is not better then cole, dyer, parker, IMO....

hey saunders how much of wright phillips have you actully seen? this kid will run at defenders no one in the squad will be like him but i still dont think he will go!

i do think SWP should be called up for england he impressed me against utd (the bastard) i doubt he will get first team though but he would be an exellent sub ;)

by the way jamie_mack whats the latest with that bird you was knocking off ?

well i figure, ill cross that bridge when it comes to it!
and from what ive heard i think hes doing the same to her!

i have seen him, and his stats are too low in we7i, ahhaaha just kidding, he did impress me against united... but does england really need a player who can take on defender... there game seems more about patience and not very much individual play...
i cant imagine sven giving him the green light to take on defenders.....

ghaza and saunders, where did you read that about gerrard on the left and becks in the middle ?

anyway, no last minute injuries and becks looks like hes played his last game for madrid this season. only the utd lads left to worry about.

hopefully defoe gets a place in the squad, hes not very strong but has bags of skill and pace and is the only proper goal scorer apart from owen.

The Squad:

GOALKEEPERS

David James
Paul Robinson
Ian Walker

DEFENDERS

Wayne Bridge
Ashley Cole
Sol Campbell
Gary Neville
Phil Neville
John Terry
Ledley King
Jamie Carragher

MIDFIELDERS

David Beckham
Steven Gerrard
Paul Scholes
Frank Lampard
Kieron Dyer
Owen Hargreaves
Nicky Butt
Joe Cole

STRIKERS

Michael Owen
Wayne Rooney
Emile Heskey
Darius Vassell

Dont know about smith, but defoe yes, and parker, indefinitely, HES THE FUCKING YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

i'd like to hear wot u think of hargreaves inclusion in the squad.
for me he just seems a boring uninspiring player and i think england have better options
also why does sven only take 4 strikers?

Back
Top Bottom