The England Topic

I know it's your opinion Sulphuric, but your really starting to piss me off with this Wayne Bridge thing, you've done it in the past and the simple fact is the vast majority of people on these forums think Ashley Cole should be ahead of Wayne Bridge in the England team, your just being biased and that's why you've put Frank Lampard on the left of midfield in your England team. I mean, what the fuck?! We saw him play there against Portugal and it just doesn't work. You go on about how Wayne Bridge always finds an England head with his crosses, but the simple fact is against Portugal he didn't find any England heads! And that's because our first choice strike partnership is Owen and Rooney, both too short for attacking play like that. That's why Ashley Cole is the better option because he brings a different attacking option down the left, and when needed can deliver a good cross in as well, like he did against you boys on Wednesday for our goal.
You might say that I'm being biased about Ashley Cole but Sven can't be biased can he? And he seems to favour Ashley Cole over Wayne Bridge, and I'm not going to argue with his judgement.
This would be my first choice England side if everyone was fit and available, in the event of this summer though, I'd simply replace Rio Ferdinand with John Terry.

James
G Neville Ferdinand Campbell Cole
Beckham Scholes Gerrard Thompson
Owen Rooney

I've picked Alan Thompson because even though we haven't seen him play for England under Sven, I think he's our key to the left side, and if he plays for England like he plays for Celtic, I think he could be a really good player for England, and with him and Cole down the left, there's a nice balance of attacking style which could work well in our favour.

The difference between Cole for Arsenal and England is that for Arsenal he has players that will cover when he makes runs. However for England when he makes runs no one covers because they aren't natural left midfielders.

Now Beckham is out and Owen isn't playing who will be captain! I think Gerrard should get it!

I totally agree Nicky, it especially pisses me off when England play the diamond formation and leave Cole all on his own against two or three players and question him about his defending?!

I'd like see this England:

GK David James
DFs Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand (or Terry), Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole
MFs Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard (Deffensives) and David Beckham with Paul Scholes (Offensives) with Beckham for the right line, and Scholes free.
FWs James Beattie and Michael Owen.

Is Rio Ferdinand available to play the Euro?.

what a shit game, thought we passed it well at times, which was good to see instead of the 'direct' style, but overall a very unimpressive performance.

loz said:
what a shit game, thought we passed it well at times, which was good to see instead of the 'direct' style, but overall a very unimpressive performance.

I missed it as i couldnt get near the tv. Sounds like i missed feck all then

honestly boro, there were mistakes my sunday team would get chastised for. at one point woody missed a header so proceeded to pull the ball down with his arm pit and got a free kick for it, a shocker all round i say.

England were rotten - FACT
Erikson has no clue to tactics - FACT
Why take 4 keepers and only play 1 ?
Why play Alan Smith at Right Mid - surely Shaun Wright Phillips was the better option for this role ?
Why only give Thompson an hour when he needs to see him at international level ?

Prediction - England to fail miserably at Euro 2004

i reckon we'll do ok at euro 2004. i agree smith should not have played right mid, but i think he was thinking about a different formation when playing five in midfield, aka against holland when vassell scored and played wide right. i have to say it was almost as boring as watching the 'pool play!

well yet again another uninspiring boring performance by our national team the smith on the right thing while we have a perfectly good winger beggers belief. nicky butt was dreadfull plus points for me were terry and woodgate (any of them next to sol in euro wood be good) and the performances of hargreaves and defoe. defoes strike partners must hate him playing with him though!

tbh i thought defoe was pretty dire, did he actually pass the bal during the game? (i know, its just a joke). thought woody wasnt that settled at the back and terry should defo partner big sol at the back. why play carragher at left back (i know houllier does it, but thats no excuse).

i'm just hopin he was looking to take a view of a future england team!

We are gonna win fuck all at euro 2004

Is Sven stupid? does he really think Carragher is a International player?

If he knows more or less whos goin to portugal why play James, Terry, Gerrard, Heskey, Butt, Neville, Heskey, Vassell and Rooney?

Surely he should be putting out a team who are keen to impress not players who are already sure of there place.

it should have been

-------------------Robinson-----------------
Gardner------Woodgate----King-----Samuel
Thompson---Jenas----Parker---Wright-Phillips
----------------Defoe------------Smith ------

What a waste of a friendly

yup carragher and p neville will always be utility men for england i think id go with woody aslong as he can stay fit! i sware i havnt seen england play really good since the 4-1 against holland in euro 96!

jamie_mack said:
yup carragher and p neville will always be utility men for england i think id go with woody aslong as he can stay fit! i sware i havnt seen england play really good since the 4-1 against holland in euro 96!

Germany 5-1?????????

thats why i think he gave gerrard the armband, bit of extra incentive coopz. the others i just think he wanted to get some experience of international footy. and to be fair we passed it around ok at times during the first half and it was good to see a patient build up for a change.

no we played shit, but there were times when we knocked the ball about, although they were few and far between. roll on portugal i say.

England were awful.
No ideas - no stability in 2nd half and no fight.

almost (& i say "almost") as bad as us !!

lads stop fucking repeating yaselves. i know, i said they played bad, we had a couple of passing moves when ya normally ALWAYS see a long ball for owen to chase, thats all i'm saying.

jamie_mack said:
yep bring it on we defenetly have the players to win it.

You do have the individuals agreed - but you don't have a TEAM !!

Thats what happens when you hire a manager without a proper reputation. Just the Serie A once with Lazio... the team that sold all its stars and went broke buying new players.

Ive never rated him as a good coach. Wenger might do the job :)

DeRo said:
jamie_mack said:

Lol and scotland dont have a clue what a football is they seem to want to avoid it out of fright ;)

Yeah roll on euro 2004 at least we usually pick ourselves up for the important games. I hope.

how can you say that milanista? wasnt that lazio's first and only scudetto?

he has been successful everywhere he's been, i just dont think he is the sort of coach the english public are looking for, bu then again, who would be?

loz said:
how can you say that milanista? wasnt that lazio's first and only scudetto?

he has been successful everywhere he's been, i just dont think he is the sort of coach the english public are looking for, bu then again, who would be?

Certainly not Steve McClaren. No way. Nope. Not a chance. He'd ruin England. You hear that. Ruin them! We'll just have to keep him here at the Boro to make sure he doesnt do it. Yeah. We'll save the country. Comon Boro! For the good of England! ;)

Boro said:
DeRo said:
jamie_mack said:

Yeah - but we know we are pish and don't go touting ourselves to win EVERY tournament that we enter !!

Prediction and willing to be £500 with ANYBODY that England do not win Euro 2004, World Cup 2006 or Euro 2008. Any one want to gamble ? (send me a message and we wil lodge the £)

As for us - i would take qualifying for any one of them, or at least just winning a game.

DeRo said:
Yeah - but we know we are pish and don't go touting ourselves to win EVERY tournament that we enter !!

Prediction and willing to be £500 with ANYBODY that England do not win Euro 2004, World Cup 2006 or Euro 2008. Any one want to gamble ? (send me a message and we wil lodge the £)

As for us - i would take qualifying for any one of them, or at least just winning a game.

We tout ourselves becuase it IS possable for England to win tournaments

We have they players so u tell me why its not possable?

Back
Top Bottom