The England Topic

It's true, you are jealous. Scotland are shite and you have to take it out on us!

I ALWAYS want Scotland to do well, you ALWAYS want us to go belly up!

It's not our fault your side can only beat Estonia 1-0. How you can argue that we don't have a chance is beyond me.

Every pundit has us in a group of teams behind France. Look at the players FFS.

Owen, ex European player of the year.

Rooney, one of the best young talents around.

Beckham came second to Zidane in World player of the year.

Gerrard captain of Liverpool and widely acknolwedged as one of the best midfielders in the country.

Lampard same as Gerrard.

choles, nuff said.

Bridge is one of the best left backs around.

Campbell has been a major influence in Arsenals unbeaten run, the fact he has been fit all season suggests he is key.

Terry is Chealsea captain and again was key to Chelsea's season.

The weakest players are James and Neville, and they're not exactlty crap.

As Dazza said our first team is a s good as anyone.

And these are all facts FD, not opinions.

Now say were crap, unless your going to come out with the biased Scottish BS!

I would say Terry would not be World class though. that i must agree on. but cambell could play for a number of massive world teams. infact barca were gunna buy him off Spurs a few years back.

We have a good team but we havent got a world class one thats for sure.

I for one am the first person to defend england when the chips are down. but as soon as the big events come i always have us at the most 4th favourate. if not less. it will take alot of grit and lots of luck for England to win.

I would say on their day England are Great (except at penalties :mrgreen: ) but i think Spain are better than us. France are so are portugal so are Utaly......were at most 4th fave but i would say that 5th is more realistic judgement.

But in a tournament you neva now. i mean it football for fuk sake it never works out as it should thats why we love it :)

We are much better than portugal. And we should rightly be held up there as favourites. The only thing letting us down as it always does is TECHNIQUE.
I think this is why we have so many doubts from our European Friends.
Beckham was runner up, he's got same technique as a log.
Look at previous winners/top players: zidane, figo, del piero, totti, ballack, ronaldo, rivaldo....TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE.

Same argument IMO, applies two the 2 mentioned CB, terry and Campbell. Campbell is a complete donkey but a SUPERB defender and Terry is ok on the ball but a bit inexperienced. I'd prefer a defender that can defend first rather than play football first.

I think Joe Cole should be playmaker at tip of diamond formation with scholes just off owen.

IMO, cristiano ronaldo is shite, so what he ran a shit 1st div defence 'ragged'. so did scott minto, john robinson or some other c*nt this season!!

Two_blindmonkeys said:
I would say on their day England are Great (except at penalties :mrgreen: ) but i think Spain are better than us. France are so are portugal so are Utaly......were at most 4th fave but i would say that 5th is more realistic judgement.

But in a tournament you neva now. i mean it football for fuk sake it never works out as it should thats why we love it :)
Sunderland to the semi of the fa cup is a prime example, we obviously arent in the top four in the country (maybes ;))

JimJoeC said:
How you can argue that we don't have a chance is beyond me.

Bawheid, where did I say this?

And seeing as your giving us the lowdown on the squad, by your assessment England should have no problems winning the competition then.

FD

Correct! Against the mighty Estonia!

Now if my interpretation of how the FIFA rankings work is correct, Scotland should be 2nd in the world now. :roll:

JimJoeC said:
And FD you're constantly slagging us off saying how shitee we are and how you hope we get fucked over.

I don't deny that. I don't think you'll win it as I have about 4 or 5 teams ahead of them on my fancied list.

FD

Hijack! Hijack! Hijack! Hijack! Hijack!

Owned_001.sized.jpg

JimJoe, your believing that we are just "jealous" is a common misconception, why would we be jealous of some scummy, unwashed English toffs like yourselves ;) ?

Seriously though, my point is that you say you support Scotland when they play, well that's maybe because you don't get Scotland rammed down your throat on every news channel, or TV program, etc. We get England England England non-stop on TV up here, it just gets a bit much. I have no problem with England fans supporting and being proud of England, fair play to you and I hope you enjoy yourselves, but when we can't turn on a TV or radio without constant reference to them surely you can see why we enjoy seeing them beaten? If I wanted to hear about England all the time I'd go live in England.

As for world class defenses, I would say Nesta, Maldini, Thuram, etc are top drawer, but Campbell and Terry are not too far down the list.

Dazza. said:
Just a quick question for you Scot's?? Who will you be cheering on in the Euros because It's not going to be us now is it???
I want to see Sweden do well because of Larsson & Mjallby, Bulgaria because of Stan Petrov (who has been in great form lately), but neutrally I think I am supporting the Czech Rep.

That's something I was unaware of TBH, if the shoe was on the other foot......

Oh and I'd hardly call myself a Toff!!

Now will all people who have a preference for haggis please leave the topic!! ;-)

Hay lets all bash the scots.

your all drunks and you smell of Catshit.
and i cant understand a word you say.

I on the other hand am a sothern softie with a nose ramed so far up my own arse i can see the back of my teeth. and all i do all day is drink tea, watch corrie then the news then its off to bed to give my wife some oral plessure,which i dont like coz i have been brought up better than that. but what can i say my wife is an English whore!

there you go now can we just love each other...cant we just get along :(

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Hay lets all bash the scots.

your all drunks and you smell of Catshit.
and i cant understand a word you say.

I on the other hand am a sothern softie with a nose ramed so far up my own arse i can see the back of my teeth. and all i do all day is drink tea, watch corrie then the news then its off to bed to give my wife some oral plessure,which i dont like coz i have been brought up better than that. but what can i say my wife is an English whore!

there you go now can we just love each other...cant we just get along :(

Well done old boy. Fancy a cup tea.

Trying to get a confidence booster before Euro 2004 with the might of Iceland and Japan set to face Engerlund.

FD

yeah im off to watch them play japan do you think we will be looking at svens best 11? also scholes has said today that lampard deserves to be in the team ahead of him!

ClassicD said:
Dazza. said:
Just a quick question for you Scot's?? Who will you be cheering on in the Euros because It's not going to be us now is it???
I want to see Sweden do well because of Larsson & Mjallby, Bulgaria because of Stan Petrov (who has been in great form lately), but neutrally I think I am supporting the Czech Rep.

Yeah me too, although I want Bulgaria to beat Sweden, Larsson ain't a Celt no more, although big Johan could be playing, still hope they do well. Of the big teams I hope Italy win it and obviously Latvia.

In Latvia we believe!!

Supermick - Are you lot playing them too? :shock:

FD

Why? It was ONLY a friendly, talk about a knee-jerk reaction! lol

Yea i see your point, sorta an old mans knee jerk reaction! lol

LOL Yea i see your point, sorta an old mans knee jerk reaction

That was a good one stesh, but really, I am a Liverpool fan, but i think Owen might let me down, rooney aint the guy to parner owen (who the hell is, by the way)

Even Beckham just said that the match tactic is not best suited for france, well guess what becks, Sven has made it clear that he will use that tactic and the same players, so man up

Back
Top Bottom