The Drama Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I love this thread.

Oh and just a little reminder, whinge all you want but always keep your posts respectful no matter what ;)

Last edited:
You implied that he played a version of the code where this happened. Just like you just now implied that Rom did too, he didn't.

FreMM played it and wasn't bothered with it. So what? A lot of us are bothered with these runs. We don't have to hold a gamepad in our hands to see the issue.

Oh sorry, so much confusion in my original post. Lami/Rom/Rod played a different build than the ones shown in all these videos. I must've forgotten about that in my original post.

Nevertheless the main point I was making was about all these newly registered members coming here after supposedly being banned from the other site, hence the drama thread.

But it's a shame that they(Lami and the others) weren't allow any videos to show from their playtest. If we could compare their impressions side by side with the gamescoms videos, it would've made it so much easier to confirm whether it is indeed a bug with the Gamescom build.

The passion of PES. How can one not love it.

Zakov: I agree. All we can do is wait. But where is the fun in that :SMUG:

Also can't understand why some people are now taking pre-gamescom footage as evidence and refuse to take gamescom vids as such! I mean, cmon, isn't that why we're ALL saying that surely it's a bug? It wasn't there before but it's clearly there now??

God, why complicate something that's pretty simple... Sigh...

Exactly, it's a clear bug and all gamescom-videos show it, no need to play it... In previous videos it wasn't there so it's a bug that crawled in.

The denial-mode within the WENB-staff is unbelievable, and it's even rediculous cause they want that people feel joy about all the PES 2012-videos we have seen this year and discuss about the nice things we see in these videos... noone of the WENB-staff would ever decide to put down those salivating about the positive things we see in the videos and say : "Don't be so joyful, you can't judge a game on videos, wait till you play it and then be joyful or sorrowful"..

But when you start to see negative aspects in the videos...

The passion of PES. How can one not love it.

Zakov: I agree. All we can do is wait. But where is the fun in that :SMUG:

Indeed m8. Good thing we've got two demos coming. That's probably a first for PES or any footy game isn't it?

If you count out the fact that we had the MLO beta and the demo last year. :)

But it's a shame that they(Lami and the others) weren't allow any videos to show from their playtest. If we could compare their impressions side by side with the gamescoms videos, it would've made it so much easier to confirm whether it is indeed a bug with the Gamescom build.

I think all three evo-web playtesters said the running issue wasn't in the version they played so I've no qualms on that front. This is quite clearly something related to GC build (which is supposedly the latest build) and has been highlighted over and over (with bleaming video evidence) only for a some to say trust us not your eyes and/or it feels right. Both rather insulting.

It's simply a case of not wanting this bug to make it's way to the final round or take ages to patch out later or whatever. The real farce are those who are shown this issue and proclaim it fantasy, very wierd that.

I guess the reason I ain't too bothered by this 'run bug' (I actually think there is a small chance it's done by design, DON'T SHOOT ME) is that regardless if it's there or not, we'll still have one hell of a game on our hands.

That and the jog bug last year got fixed pretty quickly didn't it? so if it's there on release, it will get sorted. Unless of course it's done by design, then we might have a harder time getting it fixed.

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm seriously hoping that this will be a celebration in FIFA 12.

15rjw1y.gif

Her dance... but if somehow they have tweaked the teammate celebrations so we all bust into this move at the same time... o m g
explode.gif

i hate her, but my god id love to see the Ghanian national team break out like this, or even better.. Heskey and Bramble :D

Problem with Asim is that, correct me if I'm wrong, he didn't see anything wrong with the forward pass-video.

both Asim and adam think that these forward runs are done intelligently to exploit spaces left by the opponent "ay 1st they though it's because of some L1 or R2 abuse" then they revert to the intelligent runs story
and personally i think all this is nonsense
why :

1-these runs are done constantly in only one way forward forward forward ,unrelated to the spaces left by the opponent , can't see any intelligence , may be they have another view for "intelligence"

2-if pes already gives user options like L1+X OR X+R2 to decide or not make a run after pass why AI replaces me in this decision
if the AI will move the cpu team and my off-the-ball-teammates as well as my player after passing the ball , what the hell will be doing in that game , just press pass , shot , tackle ?? then it would be better if i set the match CPU vs. CPU and enjoy that supernaturally smart AI

at least in pes 2011 we r free to run or hold the player after making pass now u r forced to watch and obey the supernaturally AI moving ur player running after making the pass

Alan you are being very defensive. Even on your own site people are concerned - do you think they have no right to be worried?

As for Jimmy no offense mate but long time readers of Evo-Web know you are Goebbels of PES. Konami could literally release a turd called PES and you would be jizzing yourself over the 'genius' of Seabass.

Look we are all PES fans even if we have been badly let down in the next-gen era - we all want PES to be 'back'. Hopefully this year but I'm not blind or stupid those runs are in all the gamescom videos - and that requires an explanation beyond your "nothing to see here move along" non-response.

Oh dear, you are a silly. PES 2008 was the worst piece of shit I have ever experienced. There was nothing genius about it. End of story. And your not my mate, I dont know who the hell you are, or where you crawled from.

Edit - Also, the reason this silly supposed bug doesnt bother me or worry me is because I fully understand and appreciate the way Mr Seabass thinks, and I'll bet my house on the fact an issue like this would never appear in any final code with intent. There is no technical reason for this. Coming from a guy who has broken down footballing fundamentals to a level never previously realised in footballing video games, he aint adding a feature like this. It makes no sense at all. And the reason he never gave in to the Fifa lot last year with a patch. He does what he see's fit, and the majority of the time he is spot on with it. History proves that. Play the demo's or the final code, then if there is any issue whatsoever, then highlight it.

Last edited:
Oh dear, you are a silly. PES 2008 was the worst piece of shit I have ever experienced. There was nothing genius about it. End of story. And your not my mate, I dont know who the hell you are, or where you crawled from.

ah good to see Jimmy coming from his pes induced jizz pit to defend himself ;)

(im not with the japan bloke btw im on your side, dont want to offend)

Also can't understand why some people are now taking pre-gamescom footage as evidence and refuse to take gamescom vids as such! I mean, cmon, isn't that why we're ALL saying that surely it's a bug? It wasn't there before but it's clearly there now??

God, why complicate something that's pretty simple... Sigh...

Exactly. Its like the sudden change actually makes sense.

Konami need to clarify the issue asap. I think thats the only thing that will put the issue to bed.

Here's a crazy thought:

What if, this has to do with the assisted, semi-assisted, manual controls? I've had mine on semi-assisted and not seen much of this. Maybe most were playing on assisted, therefore causing this?

Don't take my word on it though, its just a brain fart. Nothing makes sense now so why the hell not :LOL:

It won't be the first year, when our moaning causes the game to suffer. So much info can be lost in traslation, due to the distance from us to KONAMI and also imagine if they indeed tune down the Active AI, I'll personally hunt the guy that've started this nonsense and beat him with Fifa 12's copy till he starts to beg for mercy!

What a nonesense, I can't imagine that Konami isn't intelligent enough to see that we are feedbacking on a clear bug and I can't imagine that there are no people around Konami's japanese developers to tell them exactly what the fuss is about.

The bug is according to some already fixed, it's supposedly not in the review-code, so if Konami indeed went overboard and toned down AI beyond fixing this bug, then it's not our mistake but Konami's mistake with handling and deciphering feedback.

Edit - Also, the reason this silly supposed bug doesnt bother me or worry me is because I understand and appreciate the way Mr Seabass thinks, and I'll bet my house on the fact an issue like this would never appear in any final code with intent. There is no technical reason for this. Coming from a guy who has broken down footballing fundamentals to a level never previously realised in footballing video games, he aint adding a feature like this. It makes no sense at all. And the reason he never gave in to the Fifa lot last year with a patch. He does what he see's fit, and the majority of the time he is spot on with it. History proves that. Play the demo's or the final code, then if there is any issue whatsoever, then highlight it.

At least, in other words, it means you agree you do see that "run" in gamescom vids, which is 80% of final code, don't you ? and want to see it is not coming in the final code, yes ?

Same here. ;)

At WENB they have started to point out that in the leaked videos, pre gamescom, it didn't happen, and this is the proof that it doesn't exist. That is the whole point we've been making! Haha, the insanity!

This really borders on insanity, rationality seems not to be welcome on WENB.

I've never seen it in any video's, because I havent been watching them for the most part. What you can decifer from video's played by muppets is merely guesswork. I prefer to get the game in my own hands and actually play it before I start getting my knickers in a twist. It's a waste of time and energy in my opinion. I have confidence in the final product based on everything that has gone before. I understand where Seabass is going with PES, and I appreciate the fact making CB's run forward after every pass isnt part of his vision. Or at least, it wont be to the detriment of a simulation. Jesus, I dont have to break down a mass of fundamentals already included by quite brilliant design to justify this guy know's what he is doing. It's blatant. The Active A.I. and tactical sliders will have a huge bearing on movements, how that plays out with a pad in hand, and how it may effect possible exploits cannot be realised until you have played it yourself.

Last edited:
i think absence of official konami response on that issue just sadly deepens the thoughts that consider this bug has already passed to the already finished final code

edit : i think this drama thread will be the proper place for the pass-run talks and thus it may surpasses the number of pages of the mother thread "PES 2012 Discussion Thread" in few days lol

Thats the thing absolutely no one from gamescom have complained about it so how the hell would konami know. Only people on these forums have complained about it. adam even asked konami about it and they replied to him saying that no one has said anything about it but many have talked to them about keepers and animations. Its just stupid that everyone on here makes a big deal of it. yet everyone who has played it have said nothing about it.

my opinion is that wemb is the main reason of pes break down on next generation
reasons:

-the site start coincided with the start of pes fall on next-gen "may be just co-incidence"

-for all pes titles on next-gen they gave the game so much hype by podcasts and threads creating false hype for the game even before its release

-konami likes what they doing so much and give some of them there the opportunity to test the game before others so they became a source of information for the fans and that force some of the fans to register to know early about the game news before release and if u criticized them or the game there will be banned soon

-strangely ,though they are the 1st site to hype the game before release ,the are the 1st to stop playing the game among the pes fans just after weeks or few months after the release "example. after the huge hype for pes 2011 and after adam said he will break his ps2 , he stopped playing the game after awhile for the flaws and bugs he found and that the development builds he played were better than the full game "
while u can see the fans who were actually refusing to hype the game before release still actually playing and enjoying the game despite its flaws

the current situation of pass and run issue talks reminded me of the situation when pes 2011 trailer release showing some flowing beautiful animations by messi , many stated that they are one block animation created by messi himself specific for the trailer while Mr. adam shouted that thes are actually some beautiful in-game animations from pes 2011 gameplay , while the truth is that these animations of messi in the pes 2011 trailer were never found in pes 2011 and after watching pes 2012 it also way from that trailer , now he himself always say the pes 2012 is good but still below fifa aniamtion over looking all the false hype he was doing for pes 2011 animations before release

Last edited:
@Jimmy

Touchy touchy! Aren't you quite the drama queen? Calm down dear your almost as hysterical as Adam and the WENB crew. Do you all have shares in Konami or something? It's a game I'm not saying your kids are ugly am I?

Chill babe.

I've never seen it in any video's, because I havent been watching them for the most part. What you can decifer from video's played by muppets is merely guesswork. I prefer to get the game in my own hands and actually play it before I start getting my knickers in a twist. It's a waste of time and energy in my opinion. I have confidence in the final product based on everything that has gone before. I understand where Seasbass is going with PES, and I appreciate that fact making CB's run forward after every pass isnt part of his vision. Or at least, it wont be to the detriment of a simulation. Jesus, I dont have to break down a mass of fundamentals already included by quite brilliant design to justify this guy know's what he is doing. It's blatant. The Active A.I. and tactical sliders will have a huge bearing on movements, how that plays out with a pad in hand, and how it may effect possible exploits cannot be realised until you have played it yourself.

I'm with you on this, I can't imagine that it is part of Seabass' vision to have this automatic behavior in the game, that's why I think it's just a bug that crawled into the gamescom-build...

I'm not with you when you say we can't say anything from videos.

The real drama is WENB's complete denial of this bug despite all (every single ones, be it human-controlled or the CPU-AI) videos coming from gamescom showing it clear as day and the rude, condescending and offending treatment of those pointing out the bug in their forum, crowned by banning people.

reasons:

-the site start coincided with the start of pes fall on next-gen "may be just co-incidence"

-for all pes titles on next-gen they gave the game so much hype by podcasts and threads creating false hype for the game even before its release

-konami likes what they doing so much and give some of them there the opportunity to test the game before others so they became a source of information for the fans and that force some of the fans to register to know early about the game news before release and if u criticized them or the game there will be banned soon

-strangely ,though they are the 1st site to hype the game before release ,the are the 1st to stop playing the game among the pes fans just after weeks or few months after the release "example. after the huge hype for pes 2011 and after adam said he will break his ps2 , he stopped playing the game after awhile for the flaws and bugs he found and that the development builds he played were better than the full game "
while u can see the fans who were actually refusing to hype the game before release still actually playing and enjoying the game despite its flaws

the current situation of pass and run issue talks reminded me of the situation when pes 2011 trailer release showing some flowing beautiful animations by messi , many stated that they are one block animation created by messi himself specific for the trailer while Mr. adam shouted that thes are actually some beautiful in-game animations from pes 2011 gameplay , while the truth is that these animations of messi in the pes 2011 trailer were never found in pes 2011 and after watching pes 2012 it also way from that trailer , now he himself always say the pes 2012 is good but still below fifa aniamtion over looking all the false hype he was doing for pes 2011 animations before release

Cool story, bro!

Butterfly - how cynical - your implied suggestion that certain 'leading' members of the community might have a conflict of interest? Surely not!!!

reasons:

:LOL: :LOL:
tumblr_lnewzrreHa1qd03s5o1_500.jpg

Thats the thing absolutely no one from gamescom have complained about it so how the hell would konami know. Only people on these forums have complained about it. adam even asked konami about it and they replied to him saying that no one has said anything about it but many have talked to them about keepers and animations. Its just stupid that everyone on here makes a big deal of it. yet everyone who has played it have said nothing about it.

Playing on gamescom in a crowd for a short time is not the same time as playing in your home for hours. All the videos show the bug clear as day even the video from Asim, so if people didn't notice it, even those making the videos, then that means the situation of the gamescom didn't allow people to concentrate and see the details.

add to this someone there called caniggia , who played pes 2011 before release and was so much hyping for it , last month he returned to the forum and laughed at himself because he realized how buggy and flawed is the game he was hyping , he stated that he stopped playing the game shortly after release and moreover he quoted himself for all the reviews he wrote about the game and he finally said that all what he wrote about pes 2011 was all nonsense lol

are these are the reviewers that we should believe currently overlooking what our eyes are receiving ?

reasons:

Nonesense, WENB might be hyping every version of PES, but they have nothing to do with the development of the games, PES' hard bugridden, arcade-route on nextgen with PES 2008 and 2009 is alone Konami's work.

WENB also have done a lot of good work by organising a huge feedback-project to let Konami directly learn what we as gamers expect from PES in this gen and it has contributed to PES 2011's improvements as well as PES 2012's improvements.

The thing that is wrong with WENB is that they can't accept independent thinking and too much criticisement (be it as constructive as it may be) in their forum and their figureheads, especially Adam, are too sensitive and react too emotional... I guess that's the price of being so close with Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom