The Drama Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"japan"74 if u r there now , take the train to Tokyo and "run forward" to konami then pass the youtube pass-run videos to seabass and without pressing the L1 or R2 buttons you will find your self again running forward to your home once again lol

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Of course we should trust in the mighty Adam - after all he told us that PES2008 on the PS3 was a great game with NO issues.

Seriously how naive are people? If anyone with access to a PES game prior to release seriously slagged off the upcoming game and told people it was a turd in the making or whatever do you think Konami would ever invite them back? Of course not!

There is an implicit quid pro quo: general positivity for access. It's human psychology 101 - do not piss off someone that is doing you a favour or they might stop.

I'm proud that my video has been part of making this drama thread come true :SMUG:

I find it funny how people say that feedback from the demo version will change the full release. It never has, the final version is already done. The reason we get this old code demo now is because it takes time to go through the whole process of getting the demo approved. So please stop imagining things. PES 2011 demo was different because it was old code, it was already changed for the final version when it dropped.

And going on and on about the running bug isn't that bad. Depends on if you like the AI or not. People have been cursing the net freaks for a year, how they should shut the fuck up, but they didn't. The result? It reached Konami and they fixed the nets. No way the nets had been changed if those netties wouldn't have spammed every forum out there. Well done to them I say.

It's the same with this weird AI. Maybe it is already fixed? So then it doesn't matter. But if somehow they have actually missed this glitch, they could at least release a first day patch.

Adam is clearly going insane because he think people call him a liar. And I guess the fact that he likes the "new" AI from Gamescom, but I'm not sure he does, it's probably just him doing his best to not think bad thoughts about his heroes.

We have two camps here, the pass-and-go players that don't care about this new AI, and the people that like to play slower. There is no way that the slow playing people will find this kind of AI ok, even if they hear from ping pongers that it's no big deal.

Not a great morning for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNtyX47-7Hw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'll let you spot all these forward runs, shall I?

i think absence of official konami response on that issue just sadly deepens the thoughts that consider this bug has already passed to the already finished final code

edit : i think this drama thread will be the proper place for the pass-run talks and thus it may surpasses the number of pages of the mother thread "PES 2012 Discussion Thread" in few days lol

Probably not.

And Gab talk about a pathetic post-hoc rationalisation over at the other site. Logic maybe isn't their strong point.

The irony.

Well done lads, whatever credit you look to claim has just been torpedoed.

:APPLAUD:

:FAIL:

:BYE:

Not a great morning for you...

HAHA. That's the point!!!!!! That is the pre gamescom build, IT DOESN'T HAVE THE FORWARD RUN GLITCH!

Don't you get it? This is the whole point we've been trying to make. The glitch is new for the Gamescom build, before that it was all fine.

Maybe you are just trolling... if so you got me.

Edit: Just realized you're from WENB so you're not trolling. This just proves the theory about the WENB staff not understanding what the issue is about. The preview code didn't have this issue, that's why no one mentioned it in their preview write-ups. This is also why it has not been in any videos except the Gamescom videos. This doesn't happen in any leaked videos OR in any gameplay moments from the trailer videos. The AI used to be great, now it looks wonky. This is the reason people raise this issue. We want the nice working AI, not the broken Gamescom AI.

Last edited:
Alan if really do not care for what we think why are you here and so defensive about your cultish forum?

Butterfly sadly I'm not in Japan but when exactly is a bug a design feature? Maybe the WENB crew should try to get jobs working in Microsoft's PR department, yes?

Maybe I shouldn't believe the evidence before my own eyes but instead trust Adam because sometimes words have no meaning and black is really white!

Of course we should trust in the mighty Adam - after all he told us that PES2008 on the PS3 was a great game with NO issues.

Seriously how naive are people? If anyone with access to a PES game prior to release seriously slagged off the upcoming game and told people it was a turd in the making or whatever do you think Konami would ever invite them back? Of course not!

There is an implicit quid pro quo: general positivity for access. It's human psychology 101 - do not piss off someone that is doing you a favour or they might stop.

@Curd

That is PESrankings vids, right ?

Most talk about gamescom code vids here. I have to add, most does not even make any judgement on preview code, review, and final one. I guess most do understand also it is 80% of game development shown in gamescom stage :))

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Well, it certainly wasn't part of the design when me and Romagnoli played it - and Lami says the same. If it's part of the design, and it is genuinely like the videos imply (every pass is followed by a straight sprint forward), then it's absolutely shocking... but fortunately all evidence points to the contrary of it being a design flaw.

What 'evidence'??? You seem to have an odd concept of that term. I only have genuine evidence from the gamescom videos - why should I not believe my own eyes?

alan , u finally come here to discuss the run-pass bug lol
i guess it's because it's forbidden to do the same there

the video u posted u have taken from a post by a member of ur forum "posted this morning" on wenb

actually this video we have on our hard disks since leaked about a month ago , and we saw it hundreds of times together with other E3 code leaked videos by the guy "DAN_Persie" remember the name ??? it's a member of ur forum

this video like any other normal pes video has mix of no runs after pass which is normal and some runs after passes which are user-induced by L1 "this quite normal for proper pes"

but again this actually supports our thoughts not go against it because we all say that the pass-run thing is a code specific to the GC code

now don't open this pass-run issue talks again here or u may be banned "if u want that just open it there in WENB"

:BYE:

Last edited:
HAHA. That's the point!!!!!! That is the pre gamescom build, IT DOESN'T HAVE THE FORWARD RUN GLITCH!

Don't you get it? This is the whole point we've been trying to make. The glitch is new for the Gamescom build, before that it was all fine.

Maybe you are just trolling... if so you got me.

Plenty on the show floor who fed back directly said so-called ''glitch'' was non-apparent. You have seen a video though.

Whose word would you take in the circumstances?

Alan if really do not care for what we think why are you here and so defensive about your cultish forum?

Butterfly sadly I'm not in Japan but when exactly is a bug a design feature? Maybe the WENB crew should try to get jobs working in Microsoft's PR department, yes?

Maybe I shouldn't believe the evidence before my own eyes but instead trust Adam because sometimes words have no meaning and black is really white!

You love us really, don't you?

I mean three statements that all mention WENB.

My advice and the advice offered all along be it from WENB, rom, rod or the others who had played the game was to wait and see and that videos don't give you the whole picture. I asked in PESFan yesterday to a FIFA playing user over there if me pointing out the glaring defensive lines issue in that game will ruin the experience for him. Do you know what he said? He said they are only videos and he needs to play it for himself. Wise words.

I'll leave you to getting back to stoking up bitter inter community rivalry. Unfortunate you see things the way you do regards the wider community and I'm being honest when I say that; it is unfortunate.

Last edited:
To paraphrase the above post :

Eh, plenty on the show floor who fed back directly said so-called ''glitch'' was non-apparent. You have seen a video though.

A video? I have seen ALL videos from Gamescom. It happens EVERY ground pass, be it human or CPU.

Would I rather go by video evidence than listening to people that don't see any problem with the videos? Yes I would. The videos don't lie, there is a sprint glitch there for everyone to see. It didn't happen before, but it does now.

It doesn't matter if someone that plays the game think it's fine. If they're pass-and-go players, of course it's fine for them, they play like that anyway. I don't play like that, so I don't want every pass to be followed by a trigger run.

Edit: Are you even aware that I used that video you posted in my forward run video? I used this to point out that it didn't happen before.

Edit 2: You don't see the irony of telling people not to trust in a video and then use a video for evidence yourself? What's even more ironic is that the video you use, is pointing out that WE are right. I'd love to see you try to get out of this one haha.

Edit 3: I didn't use that video in my video. I posted that video in the PES 2012 thread to point it out.

Last edited:
Plenty on the show floor who fed back directly said so-called ''glitch'' was non-apparent. You have seen a video though.

You love us really, don't you?

I mean three statements that all mention WENB.

My advice and the advice offered all along be it from WENB, rom, rod or the others who had played the game was to wait and see and that videos don't give you the whole picture. I asked in PESFan yesterday to a FIFA playing user over there if me pointing out the glaring defensive lines issue in that game will ruin the experience for him. Do you know what he said? He said they are only videos and he needs to play it for himself. Wise words.

I'll leave you to getting back to stoking up bitter inter community rivalry. Unfortunate you see things the way you do regards the wider community and I'm being honest when I say that; it is unfortunate.

Wise words indeed Alan, I'm 100% with that.

just "pass" the comments and "run" forward to the other forum
it's very easy as neither L1 or R2 are actually needed for that action

If any of you Wenb wally's would like to discuss this run bug with me meet me at Asda carpark at 2pm today.

P.s I'll be the fat guy in the Fifa T-shirt.

If any of you Wenb wally's would like to discuss this run bug with me meet me at Asda carpark at 2pm today.

P.s I'll be the fat guy in the Fifa T-shirt.

i think u should wear Gamecom T-shirt for that mission , it will do a good job there

Alan you are being very defensive. Even on your own site people are concerned - do you think they have no right to be worried?

As for Jimmy no offense mate but long time readers of Evo-Web know you are Goebbels of PES. Konami could literally release a turd called PES and you would be jizzing yourself over the 'genius' of Seabass.

Look we are all PES fans even if we have been badly let down in the next-gen era - we all want PES to be 'back'. Hopefully this year but I'm not blind or stupid those runs are in all the gamescom videos - and that requires an explanation beyond your "nothing to see here move along" non-response.

Alan you are being very defensive. Even on your own site people are concerned - do you think they have no right to be worried?

As for Jimmy no offense mate but long time readers of Evo-Web know you are Goebbels of PES. Konami could literally release a turd called PES and you would be jizzing yourself over the 'genius' of Seabass.

Look we are all PES fans even if we have been badly let down in the next-gen era - we all want PES to be 'back'. Hopefully this year but I'm not blind or stupid those runs are in all the gamescom videos - and that requires an explanation beyond your "nothing to see here move along" non-response.

People have a right to be worried, yes, but when panic sets in so often does reasoning. Regardless of what you see there is now evidence showing this isn't a design choice from Konami, which seemed to be what some people looked to infer. For every time that someone wants to make an issue out of this, there is a viable counter based on folk who have played the game and now these older videos. Do you know what though? It is all pre-release footage at the end of the day, so essentially folk are getting wound up over nothing. Christ, even good stuff can end up going missing in a dev cycle before a game gets released.

I'm not being defensive at all. I have already stated that I appreciate folk won't like me or the site which I represent and that is their prerogative - I just said it was unfortunate. Sorry if that smacks of too much common sense.

There is no explanation required other than it is a game in development. There is no huge conspiracy but if you really need to ''run'' with that narrative then that is just unfortunate but I am not going to bust a gut trying to convince you otherwise.

But we just claim it is a glitch, and that obviously Konami doesn't want it to be there. We all want it to be fixed if it isn't already. No conspiracy going on. Glitches/bugs will happen all the time, especially in early code like this.

This is why we point out that it wasn't like this before. There is a fear that they have overlooked this and it will be in the final release (it has already gone gold I think I've read?). The chance of this happening is probably very slim. The reason this got out of hand is because people say there is nothing wrong with the runs. So then we get the two camps yelling at each other.

I really don't think anyone wants a run like this after every ground pass. It's also important to understand that we WANT movement and runs, but they should be contextual like it is in the pre Gamescom videos. In those videos it looks perfect.

The problem is Alan, that it WASN'T in any of the old builds(from what we've seen AND heard from Rod/Lami etc, not sure if Rom has spoke about it yet)... it's only came to surface @ gamescom hence why everyone is going crazy, lol. It just doesn't look right.

If my own players don't make runs after every pass it won't bother me too much, I don't care what the CPU do against me as I've played a shitload of PES 2011 and the AI done retarded things quite regularly and I still love the game. It won't be ideal but I'll imagine I can cope(lol), considering how great the game is looking.

The demo won't put any fears to rest btw, if it isn't there the first thing that will come out is 'but this is an older build than GS' (which is fair enough) but it will continue until the second demo at least. I hope you lot at WENB are ready for it. :CONFUSE:

Well it will stop as soon as we get a video from the review copy of the game. Not sure when they're allowed to post them though. Surely before the second demo.

Or if someone with the review copy can actually test to see if it's there. It's pretty easy to spot if every ground pass is triggering a run. Even if that run is only for 4-5 meters sometimes, it will still be visible.

That's the thing though, we've already been told by a few people that have played the review build that it isn't there, yet it's still continuing.

Then again I'm not sure if they knew what they were looking for, but that's the typical excuse for wanting to continue with this issue ain't it? lol

True. Are there more people with the review copy that has chimed in on this except Asim and that other guy? Problem with Asim is that, correct me if I'm wrong, he didn't see anything wrong with the forward pass-video. The other guy said something about failing to recreate it, which made people think he didn't really fully understand it.

Except keepers, I don't think there is anything else to worry about. Too bad all the focus have to be on this issue, it might already have been fixed. I liked the super positive hype better. But I can't ignore it, this is all I can see in the new videos now.

Amazing that with video evidence of this running situation from GC you still get some asking people to dismiss all this based on trusting them and not their own eyes. Incredible.

The sooner we see review based videos the better.

But we just claim it is a glitch, and that obviously Konami doesn't want it to be there. We all want it to be fixed if it isn't already. No conspiracy going on. Glitches/bugs will happen all the time, especially in early code like this.

This is why we point out that it wasn't like this before. There is a fear that they have overlooked this and it will be in the final release (it has already gone gold I think I've read?). The chance of this happening is probably very slim. The reason this got out of hand is because people say there is nothing wrong with the runs. So then we get the two camps yelling at each other.

I really don't think anyone wants a run like this after every ground pass. It's also important to understand that we WANT movement and runs, but they should be contextual like it is in the pre Gamescom videos. In those videos it looks perfect.

Could not agree more.

@Curd

Looking at the video you post

@00:47.
A player stop just after making a pass just to ask for being passed back again. This is a variety that we would enjoy. When the pass is not going to him, then he "move" to look for better position.

@08:32-35, 08:45, 08:50, 09:13-16, 11:10, 12:06, 12:51, 14:14 etc
Look after kick off, after passing is made by players, they are not necessarily ALWAYS sprints forward but moving more fluidly by maintaining position & looking for spaces contextually compared to most gamescom code vids.

Do you agree to see this variety movement like i point out above right ? :SMUG:

Last edited:
Alan I personally would not trust you or the 'PES Messiah' et al., to be brutally and 100% honest pre-release. No conspiracy just basic psychology.

1) you're all ultra-hardcore PES fans so naturally only want to see good in the game

&

2) Konami are doing you a massive favour in letting you in on info and early builds etc. You wouldn't want to risk that by pissing them off hence the "POSITIVITY" cult of your site. Simply it's positivity for access. We all understand this, no need to be defensive - we get where you all are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom