The Drama Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

We all (or the majority because there are a couple of "concern trolls" here and @ WENB too) want the best from the game, but we've got to be absolutely sure about what we're reporting on, if it's indeed how we think it is, 'cause it may end up not being the best for the game after all.

Excellent point.

Everyone has a responsibility to use their abilty to give feedback responsibly. That includes users, administrators, and company reps. It's why many game companies have dedicated service reps to interact with the community to filter feedback. A company should always collect feedback, but it should never act on unfiltered feedback.

The problem, as a few others on both sites have addressed, is that both sides have a fundamentally valid argument that both sides are dismissing. Dismissive behaviour is a sure way to incite an argument because the natural response is to speak louder, with more voices.

Clearly there is an issue in the videos. No one should dismiss that as has been seen. It can be discussed on why it exists, how it exists, in which builds it exists but to cite that it doesn't exist or to 'guarantee' that it won't exist in the final build is purely dismissive.

On the counter, testers are also being dismissed in their commentary, equally infuriating as they have a unique perspective of their own. Some of that problem is the highly flawed attitude that negative news should be repressed. Nothing will kill a game faster than false expectations, and we've all seen it time and again. It's far better for a few folks to go into a game expecting a bug, and then become surprised that it doesn't exist than to go into a game not expecting one and finding out the final code has it. Internet hype, like seen at most fan sites, only exacerbates this.

With a demo around the corner, the best way to have handled this on the part of admins would have been to let it blow over. Instead, the fires were excited and that made the problem that many times worse.

ohhh mr. anderson
aren't these ur comments in wenb before adam showed u some anger then u changed ur opinion 180 degrees for fear of banning

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5153&p=239227&sid=bea408d047102ce901c5ff4a6630069d#p239227

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5153&p=239235&sid=bea408d047102ce901c5ff4a6630069d#p239235

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5153&p=239208&sid=bea408d047102ce901c5ff4a6630069d#p239208

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5153&p=239194&sid=bea408d047102ce901c5ff4a6630069d#p239194

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5153&p=239192&sid=bea408d047102ce901c5ff4a6630069d#p239192

these are only half of ur comments on the pass run bug , u were moaning a lot about that even more than the mates here , why we weren't afraid of that language barrier so that konami may misinterpret it , but after adam's warning to u , u shut up ur mouth and want all people here do like what u r doing ,
please don't act like that here , don't try to play that adam's role here , leave people expressing their opinions and fears the way they want , let them moan like u did the previous days there

Are you shitting me?

You went to all that effort just to prove that _anderson is indeed willing to accept that he was perhaps a little too quick off the mark initially but was able to take another look at the situation and reconsider. Dunno about you but that is actually quite a decent characteristic to have.

Oh dear, this wasn't the kind of reaction you were expecting at all was it?

Oh, this is Alan from WENB btw. Do your worst if you really need to get any hate off your chest.

There is no divide, just different ways of looking at things. I mean no ill feeling towards members in here or in PESfan which I am also known to frequent. I love talking football and of course PES (sometimes FIFA too)and yeah, there be a lot of differing opinions out there. I do think that if we are all active and willing to partake in our own communities we can agree on something - That we want PES to be the best it can be. In the case of Adam and WENB that included getting both Rom and Rod to try the game out and offer feedback to you guys. Not such a bad idea in retrospect that, was it?

At the same time, nobody is demanding that you need to like us or what we do or how we go about it. Just thought it was worth saying we all share a common goal. The other thing is, let's be honest, we don't really know what each other are like, do we? Christ, there are folk in every community beyond PES whom I clearly don't get along with in internet discussion but who knows, maybe if I actually met them we would get along great.

I dunno, just seems to be a little poisonous for the hell of it sometimes.

Last edited:

Is evo web a pile of turd that attracts flies or summin..why the fuck are we now attacking regular posters. Who gives a crap what Anderson said at WEND FGS

:LOL: I am sure the world is slowly turning mad.

Can you imagine it, after all this misinterpreted feedback we end up with pes2008 Gameplay :LMAO:

Like Zee said the japenese must think we are a bunch of fucking lunatics :LMAO:

LOL I do believe they tend to think oh screw them lets release it but after the PES2011 demo I just dont know lol. Someone activate a time machine so these peeps can start playing the demo and post 50 000 videos of the same bug

Since i'm banned from WENB forum (because i have a different opinion than all the other members) i decided to join here. Don't ban me ;)

On the one hand i understand Adam, on the other hand i don't. Don't know if anyone listened to the first PES 2012 podcast they made? Adam:" Goalkeepers, big surprise, at this current stage they are already better than last year. I didn't expect them to be that good. And from now on they can only get better." This is about two months ago!

So why worry about goalkeepers? Better than PES 2011? Good enough. And now for the first time we really see the AI. Players are active, very active, too active! Maybe not the offensive minded players, but the defenders! And everyone who knows football, also knows, that a defender doesn't act the way gamescom videos show. After every single pass they move forward. How many times i heard the AI are making the runs for you, but not timeless, they make intelligent runs. Where are the intelligent runs or the intelligent acting in defense? This causes lots of counter attacks and what if i wanna play a pass back? Ooops my defender is already gone. "Where are you`? - "I'm in midfield. It's crazy over there" - "Ok wait i pass the ball and then i come with you" OMG This has nothing to do with intelligent AI and for many people, this could be a potential gamebreaker, because the AI forces you to attack the whole time.

I've never seen such a bad thing, that influences tactics and build up play in any other PES game.

Sorry but this is my opinion and thankfully there are others who agree with me.

massive respect for sticking to your opinion, it's very easy to just be a sheep and follow the majority crowd.

the irony of this situation is if it wasn't for people obscuring and denying the obvious truth the issue might never have become such a big controversy, a quick message seeking clarification from Konami would have knocked it on the head immediately.

Exactly no one is saying dont talk about issues. but going on and on about the same thing even when people are answering you is soo stupid

@Butterfly

LOL. You sir are ridiculous. If you had the effort to go throughout ALL MY POSTS, why have you chosen to ignore those where although I acknowledge it might be a bug (and I STILL DO, and never said otherwise) I was getting tired of the constant and exaggerated moaning that was going on around.

In fact, if you wanted to make me look like a liar, you could simply have picked on the stuff I posted here earlier. I said pretty much the same I said @ WENB. So your effort was in vain.

Acknowledging it's a problem is one thing, driving people crazy with it is another thing, specially considering what that could lead into.

I simply realized that a) We should wait for the demos, and b) Moaning is pretty much useless right now, since the game has gone gold. All we can hope is that either it's not there in final code, or that it's not indeed a problem at all when playing.

massive respect for sticking to your opinion, it's very easy to just be a sheep and follow the majority crowd.

the irony of this situation is if it wasn't for people obscuring and denying the obvious truth the issue might never have become such a big controversy, a quick message seeking clarification from Konami would have knocked it on the head immediately.
The thing is konami got absolutely no feedback from players at gamescom about this. only when they go home will they realise the madness on these boards. No one at gamescom reported it so how is konami supposed say anything about it. Stop beating a dead cow. u just go on and on even when people give you answers.

Exactly no one is saying dont talk about issues. but going on and on about the same thing even when people are answering you is soo stupid

It's all about HOW they answer. If Adam tells me, these runs in Gamescom build could be an issue or because something else is going on, that wasn't a problem in preview or review code, i shut up and never ask again. BUT he just ignores the fact, that these runs, especially from the defenders are STUPID! He just says when playing it, it feels right! What does feel right? That Pepe is running forward like a crazy chicken and leaving a huge gap in central defense? He just ignores, what some of us see and it's obvious!
It seems to me, when Adam says it's good, then it has to be good for all of us. No, that's simply not gonna happen.

It's getting to the point where there is more moaning about the moaning now, it's like a vicious circle. :P

Oh and like I said before, I was never OK with the way Adam (which was too freaking rude towards me for no apparent reason, by the way) and others were handling the situation over there, they were basically telling people to not believe what was blatantly there, in front of your own eyes.

It's not like they didn't allowed people to talk about it (in fact, people didn't stop having a go about it for the last 2 days...), they were just telling us it wasn't as simple as we could see it on the vids... And to be fair, if you think about it, that's a valid request...

The thing is, the moaning got to ridiculous proportions over there, to a point where it got annoying for everyone, it was moaning about moaning, about moaning, about moaning...

Last edited:

@Butterfly

LOL. You sir are ridiculous

thanks , but i didn't insult u , but u have ur excuse being in a weaker position

@Butterfly

If you had the effort to go throughout ALL MY POSTS, why have you chosen to ignore those where although I acknowledge it might be a bug (and I STILL DO, and never said otherwise) I was getting tired of the constant and exaggerated moaning that was going on around.
exaggerated moaning ?!!! and all what u have done yesterday wasn't exaggerate moaning lol more thank 10 posts within 2 hours is not exaggerated moaning ??? i think u r did that the most

@Butterfly

In fact, if you wanted to make me look like a liar,
u said , and i think it's a logic description

I simply realized that a) We should wait for the demos, and b) Moaning is pretty much useless right now
but it was not pretty much useless "right" yesterday lol

:BYE:

Sup guys, new here, got banned from WENB. Adam has some serious problems, you say something bad about PES 2012 and he will get on you lol. I found out about the run bug from reading so many people complaining and i posted... "konami... we have a problem" i got banned just for that! LOL oh well don't care. The guy is a crazy PES fanboy hype machine, i'm glad i'm out of there.

As for the run bug! It better not make it to the final game cuz damn it will sure ruin it a lot.

Sup guys, new here, got banned from WENB. Adam has some serious problems, you say something bad about PES 2012 and he will get on you lol. I found out about the run bug from reading so many people complaining and i posted... "konami... we have a problem" i got banned just for that! LOL oh well don't care. The guy is a crazy PES fanboy hype machine, i'm glad i'm out of there.

As for the run bug! It better not make it to the final game cuz damn it will sure ruin it a lot.

Your username is awesome

Damn its contagious !
Thought we had done with that 4 pages ago !:YAWN:

Lol why should I bother...

Liar isn't the worst of the things people around here think about me.

One thing for sure, it's way better then being the sad person you are, going through my posts in WENB, I find it almost humorous. :LOL:

Last edited:

but when konami responds to the community feedback make sure to change ur username to "RUNFIX" lol

You know guys... with the run bug people wont be able to waste time holding the ball with their defenders. I don't want this bug in the final game but i think we could still enjoy PES 2012 with it. A super attacking football game lol.

so are you guys here nicer than the self-important nobbers on WENB?

also will I get banned for admitting that i see something i don't like in PES2012?

if YES and NO then hi...

and my 'discussion' contribution is... The run bug isn't a bug, i think it's by design, that's what makes it worse ;)

also will I get banned for admitting that i see something i don't like in PES2012?

if YES and NO then hi...

and my 'discussion' contribution is... The run bug isn't a bug, i think it's by design, that's what makes it worse ;)

We're far less fascist (FAO mods i'm making this in jest). You can chill out here.

I too think it's a design flaw. Good intentions to push players forward with more runs therefore being created by the CPU but in reality it looks as most have pinned it, odd and unrealistic. Do i know much about it? Nope, not other than what i see. I'm not going to pretend to be all knowing about what's going on with the infamous 'runbug' other than my own personal assumptions.

Tweaking seems to be the name of the game at this stage.

Last edited:

if YES and NO then hi...

Well, it certainly wasn't part of the design when me and Romagnoli played it - and Lami says the same. If it's part of the design, and it is genuinely like the videos imply (every pass is followed by a straight sprint forward), then it's absolutely shocking... but fortunately all evidence points to the contrary of it being a design flaw.

Well, it certainly wasn't part of the design when me and Romagnoli played it - and Lami says the same. If it's part of the design, and it is genuinely like the videos imply (every pass is followed by a straight sprint forward), then it's absolutely shocking... but fortunately all evidence points to the contrary of it being a design flaw.

So it is good to get the pass & run talk around this drama thread ? If yes, then thx to moderator to make this one :BYE: .

I think more or less i share the same view with you Rod on this. You, Lami, and probably Rom, see the Gamescom vid, look at the evidence of constant forward short run after (ground) pass by the human player and CPU AI. You guys share that THIS DID NOT happen in preview code you play, did you ?

For the sake of clarification, since its his video/prorevo that starts this talk, Chaos answered Adam's question on twit that he made a lot of R2 run after pass. Then question arised by people since CPU AI does the same most of the time :TTTH: . IIRC, the answer to cpu's behaviour is its their reaction to human player making a holes in their lines/playing style. Well, it makes sense if it is done contextually.

Before continuing, i have to state it again that :
1. This concern is to GC gameplay vids shown
2. Not aimed at whatever code other than GC code

I saw, chaos twit again saying it happens whenever he makes X passes both in PS3 and Xbox 360, and ask some people if this happen the case in other code another ppl played. ;)

I need to add that this concern is proved by all other GC vids other than GC trailer. :))

So based on above talk, i am quite doubtful if any one playing in GC code makes R2 run everytime they (ground) pass, yes ?

So, again this concern is said to be no problem in other code people play. If it is easily said and meant that this run after pass does not happen all the time such as in GC vids then i think everyone will be easily reassured.

I do predict that when this run talk is discussed again and again, most of the time, not because one wants to troll really. But more because of argument of the interpretation to an answer as if "yes this happen but no problem to gameplay".

See, it is basically (will) share an opinion that "wait man, some do not want to see it exactly happen and have a match exactly like shown in GC code vids". Regardless it is exploitable or not, and not exactly most concerns are.

However, as you Rod and Co. said this is not happen in the preview code you play is simply an early evidence that there are something quite not right about the GC codes.

I'm proud that my video has been part of making this drama thread come true :SMUG:

I find it funny how people say that feedback from the demo version will change the full release. It never has, the final version is already done. The reason we get this old code demo now is because it takes time to go through the whole process of getting the demo approved. So please stop imagining things. PES 2011 demo was different because it was old code, it was already changed for the final version when it dropped.

And going on and on about the running bug isn't that bad. Depends on if you like the AI or not. People have been cursing the net freaks for a year, how they should shut the fuck up, but they didn't. The result? It reached Konami and they fixed the nets. No way the nets had been changed if those netties wouldn't have spammed every forum out there. Well done to them I say.

It's the same with this weird AI. Maybe it is already fixed? So then it doesn't matter. But if somehow they have actually missed this glitch, they could at least release a first day patch.

Adam is clearly going insane because he think people call him a liar. And I guess the fact that he likes the "new" AI from Gamescom, but I'm not sure he does, it's probably just him doing his best to not think bad thoughts about his heroes.

We have two camps here, the pass-and-go players that don't care about this new AI, and the people that like to play slower. There is no way that the slow playing people will find this kind of AI ok, even if they hear from ping pongers that it's no big deal.

I want konami to take the official statement on this! many people wont buy the game coz of this "mistake" if they leave it that way. I wanted to post it in kitanamedia but they have save drafts, if they dont like the post they wont post it on forum. THEY CAN COVER THE CASE ! ITS ridiculos!

Last edited:
i think absence of official konami response on that issue just sadly deepens the thoughts that consider this bug has already passed to the already finished final code

edit : i think this drama thread will be the proper place for the pass-run talks and thus it may surpasses the number of pages of the mother thread "PES 2012 Discussion Thread" in few days lol

Last edited:
At WENB they have started to point out that in the leaked videos, pre gamescom, it didn't happen, and this is the proof that it doesn't exist. That is the whole point we've been making! Haha, the insanity!

At WENB they have started to point out that in the leaked videos, pre gamescom, it didn't happen, and this is the proof that it doesn't exist. That is the whole point we've been making! Haha, the insanity!

Man this shit is damn funny especially Adam going into an utterly incoherent rant/mental breakdown posting style/vibe.

And Gab talk about a pathetic post-hoc rationalisation over at the other site. Logic maybe isn't their strong point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom