The Christmas Thread

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
Where will you be spending this Xmas? What are your loved ones buying for you this year? What are you buying for your loved ones? What game do you think you'll be playing the most over the Xmas period? Do you eat turkey on Xmas day or go for a more non-traditional feast? Do you find Xmas tedious or lots of fun? Do you believe in Santa?

lajada14.jpg

Last edited:
I've been told I can have a PS3 off the parents, which is nice, but I said "I don't really want one, could I have £250 cash so I can get a ton of Xbox 360 games instead?" They said no, the fuckers. So now I'm trying to think of something worth £250 that I want for Christmas. True story.

I have already bought for most of the family. I am a tight bastard apart from the people I really care about, so mum gets a film, dad gets an Xbox 360 accessory, the missus gets Call Of Duty 4 and various jewellery, the nephew gets Assassin's Creed (not my copy that I'm desperate to get rid of, honest, ahem), and the ugly sisters (and everyone else) get bars of soap and shower set thingys.

The game that will be getting played most this year is a four-way (kinky) between Football Manager 2008, FIFA 08, Call Of Duty 4 and Mass Effect. All fantastic games. I play a few games of CoD4/Mass Effect after 6pm every day, a few games of FIFA 08 after 8pm every day and one match of FM08 a night (just before I go to bed, just after cybering with Jay666 or yourself). But I'm hoping someone will get me The Simpsons Game for Chrimbo, and perhaps Kane And Lynch if I'm desperate for gift ideas.

No, I don't believe in Santa. I was never told there was such a thing as Santa, when all the stupid kids at school told me they'd seen him and he'd given them gifts and he was definitely 100% no way their dad, I laughed in their stupid stupid faces. Kids, what a load of stupid twats.

Christmas is crap by the way, your family gathers to discuss how you've all failed to be good children and how all the parentses deaths are imminent.

Last edited:
Haha great post Jack!

I love Xmas more now than ever. I will be spending my first ever Xmas in a house which me and the missus actually own. I will put antlers (sp?) on the cats and plan on cooking beef wellington because I hate turkey. I will buy the missus an expensive coat she wants, my brother Sonic v Mario Olympics (haven't even heard of it), I will burn my dad loads of jazz and 70s rock and buy him a good bottle of whisky, mum dunno, rest of family dunno. I will probably be playing lots of FIFA 08 and COD4.

Santa isn't real by the way.

I am going to kill myself this Christmas at the table, I'm going to blow my brains out with a shotgun that i have asked the wife to buy me. Then my family can feast on my insides.

Oh and i wont be playing any games because i'll be dead.

Being a vegetarian my Christmas meat is Quorn chicken, or as everyone else calls it, fake chicken. It's as delicious as it sounds. But at least I have a legitimate claim for more roast potatoes than everybody else. Roast potatoes are sick (which means very very good, excellent in-fact, says the nephew).

We will all be playing Buzz on Christmas Day, which is a really good laugh. Each side of the family plays their own to discover the best two players, and then there's a showdown of the best two from each side. After that it's a FIFA tournament, a World Cup where four players are placed into two groups (dad, me, my brother-in-law and my nephew). Every year dad goes out first, nephew goes out second, brother-in-law gets to the final, I let him score a goal and then I rip 3-5 past him depending on the amount of cider drank (the only alcoholic drink I can stomach, Bulmers). That's not saying I'm an amazing player by the way, just that he gets really pissed off if you hold the ball for five minutes and starts chopping legs.

Those two things are probably the only two things I look forward to about Christmas. That and the potentially huge present that the parents consider getting once every two or three years (I'm the youngest and I get everything good, the ugly sisters hate my guts). I'm going to have to think of something that £250 could go towards...

Last edited:
Being a vegetarian my Christmas meat is Quorn chicken, or as everyone else calls it, fake chicken. It's as delicious as it sounds. But at least I have a legitimate claim for more roast potatoes than everybody else. Roast potatoes are sick (which means very very good, excellent in-fact, says the nephew).

We will all be playing Buzz on Christmas Day, which is a really good laugh. Each side of the family versus eachother, and then a showdown of the best two from each side. After that it's a FIFA tournament, a World Cup where four players are placed into two groups (dad, me, my brother-in-law and my nephew). Every year dad goes out first, nephew goes out second, brother-in-law gets to the final, I let him score a goal and then I rip 3-5 past him depending on the amount of cider drank (the only alcoholic drink I can stomach, Bulmers). That's not saying I'm an amazing player by the way, just that he gets really pissed off if you hold the ball for five minutes and starts chopping legs.

Buzz is a great laugh. You getting 'Scene It?' for the 360 Jack? It's gonna be awesome. As for veggie food, I am quite the connoisseur as two of my best friends won't eat meat. If we have gatherings I am the master at cooking a nut roast, cheese & potato pie or pasta bake.

I cannot stand Scene It on the 360, the questions had me staring at the screen in disbelief. "Complete the following quote from a movie: 'I'm not _____ _____ _____'", how the fuck are you supposed to get that? It will never beat Buzz as far as I'm concerned, there's only two games I'm keeping the PS2 for (one when Rock Band blows Guitar Hero out of the water next year), and the main one is Buzz. It doesn't help that I pretty much hate all movies as well.

Nut roasts are disgusting, blergh. Cheese and potato pies are good, pasta bake is immense. So when I come to yours for Christmas it's cheese and potato pie for starter and pasta for main course, okay? Cheers.

Hehe, noted Jack. I agree though, pasta bake is immense. Especially when it's accompanied by some fresh sundried tomato bread.

In regards to 'Scene It?', is it in the shops?!

Nope, played the demo though. The missus is a film buff so she thinks it's good, but even she says Buzz is better. Buzz is multi-category as well, which is a bit more interesting.

Yeah I don't wanna do movie quiz all night. I love the general knowledge Buzz but especially the music one.

Christmas is crap by the way, your family gathers to discuss how you've all failed to be good children and how all the parentses deaths are imminent.

You lot should have done better then and spent less time on evo web :D

As for my xmas, sorry, that will be winterfest so as to not offend anyone! Anyway, my old xmas' were always spent on the beach far away in some hot climate.

Nowedays though I, we, usually have a nice day with my parents before they jet off somewhere for a 2,3 week holiday and then we go to the gf's. Usually have xmas day at the grandma's which is a laugh as the aunt and uncle are.....well,..... amusing. Then have a diy diner at the inlaws. We have a grill thing for the middle of the table and then loads of different meats, veggies, and whatever so you can just make your own meal.

The other year my GF did a very nice xmas diner, vennison with home made mashed pototo "squiglies" in red wine sauce and a brownie and home made creme brulee dessert. Cant remember the starter, probably some prawn cocktail/salmon thing or something like that with me having carpaccio, not into fish you see.

This year we will have to see what happens, with a bit of luck we'll have graduated by mid december with our go/nogo presentation. If you pass you have a guarenteed 6/10 score and then at the end of jan we have a public presentation for the friends and family to get the final grade.
The, my, parents are going on a two week skiing holiday on boxingday so we will probably do some present/meal thing the weekend of the 22/23 and then go down to the gf's to spend a few days there. Then probably come back to a quiet house and do some work for the final presentation while also watching some movies, playing some "new" games and hopefully catching a few liverpool matches before heading back to the gf's to celebrate new year.

We will all be playing Buzz on Christmas Day, which is a really good laugh. Each side of the family versus eachother, and then a showdown of the best two from each side. After that it's a FIFA tournament, a World Cup where four players are placed into two groups (dad, me, my brother-in-law and my nephew). Every year dad goes out first, nephew goes out second, brother-in-law gets to the final, I let him score a goal and then I rip 3-5 past him depending on the amount of cider drank (the only alcoholic drink I can stomach, Bulmers). That's not saying I'm an amazing player by the way, just that he gets really pissed off if you hold the ball for five minutes and starts chopping legs.

That sounds briljant, would have loved to have had a few of those xmas'. Sadly my family is too small to have those kinds of days, combined with being abroad most of the time aswell means ive missd out on that. But thats why i enjoy going to the gf's grandma for xams dinner and having a laugh and a board game with the uncle and my gf's sister.

I'll be asking for mass effect from the gf. Money and maybe another game from the parents (cod4?). What to get? I have no idea yet, but then Im too focused on the uni work atm. Will have enough time after the 12th of december to do that.

I can't believe how close Xmas is. I haven't bought anyone a pressie yet. :(

EDIT: What the fuck was that roaring noise!? I haven't got any other windows open apart from Evo-Web! :shock:

Haha I only just realised it was that advert!

Back on-topic, has everyone bought their pressies yet?

I have bought the missus a £40 boxset from Lush and Coco Chanel "Mademoseille" (I heard ThomasGOAL loves it). I bought my brother some official music t-shirts and a rare StarWars figure. I bought my mum a boxset from Lush too.

How interesting! Can you tell I am bored?

Christmas for me is all about food and presents.
I love cooking, so i usually spend the days before in the kitchen...i love cooking and i tend to do it all by myself...even bake bread...i love italian bread with sun dried tomatoes and olives in it.
As for presents: i will buy my wife a ring and some perfume. My 7 year old daughter will get her first Nintendo DS (she will be delighted) and my 4 year old sun will get dvd's, he loves watching movies.
I will get a new Ipod (160 GB) and the big Italian cook book that all mothers supposedly give to their daughters. Literally translated it is called: "the silver spoon".
The 24th we come together in the afternoon and begin to eat with lots of tiny litle dishes (like Spanish tappas, but the food is not Spanish at all, it will be some sort of world kitchen tappas...wappas).
Afterwards i'm exhausted but i love it.
Christmas day in Belgian is a day to recuperate form Christmas evening (we like to eat a lot).
I'm also looking forward to English football on boxing day...
Then i have two weeks holiday...i will be reading a lot, as usual...

I love Christmas, and the festive period. Seems as if I am the only one that does anymore - every I seem to talk to are miserable grumpy bastards :D :lol:

I have always loved it really, I guess I was always going to with my Birthday being 20th December :D

C
I love cooking, so i usually spend the days before in the kitchen...i love cooking and i tend to do it all by myself...even bake bread...i love italian bread with sun dried tomatoes and olives in it.

Haha gerd, thats like me, and I'm only 19. I love cooking. Sometimes in my spare time I look up recipes so that I can make myself some fancy meal. And my god, I love olives.

I have always loved it really, I guess I was always going to with my Birthday being 20th December

That sounds terrible, the two days are far too close to get a decent level of presents on each day. Its better off spread evenly over the year, like mine in april. Then you get spoilt :D

Back
Top Bottom