The Beatles : Rock Band

PB, would you recommend the guitars? I'm really tempted to pick up the Harrison guitar. I know it's not cheap but with the other Rock Band games out and I'm sure more to follow in future it could be seen as an investment. :)

PB, would you recommend the guitars? I'm really tempted to pick up the Harrison guitar. I know it's not cheap but with the other Rock Band games out and I'm sure more to follow in future it could be seen as an investment. :)

The Rickenbacker is honestly the best rhythm game guitar I've owned - and I've tried them all!

Its quiet, responsive, and feels weighty enough. Plus is looks great - I'm mounting the Rickenbacker and the Hofner on my wall today :)

Yea, its £90, but you'll never need another guitar for any of these games.

This game is just great, you may not play it everyday like you may for COD and stuff but I go back to this game at least 3 times a week to play some of the classics!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/abbey-road-out-now-for-beatles-rb
Eurogamer said:
Abbey Road, the first full album to be released as downloadable content for The Beatles: Rock Band, is released today on Xbox Live and at the Wii Shop. It will appear on PS3 with Thursday's PSN update.

MTV and Harmonix have announced the pricing and pack details for the various downloads available. Now pay attention, because this is rather complicated.

Six songs from Abbey Road are already included on the game disc. Xbox 360 and PS3 owners can choose to flesh these out with three individual singles, or a Complete The Album Pack.

The singles are Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh! Darling and Because. They cost 160 Microsoft Points, $1.99, €1.40 or £0.99 each.

The Complete The Album Pack includes those three songs and the entire 16-minute medley from Abbey Road's B-side. It costs £10.46, $16.99, €11.37 or 1360 Microsoft Points. You can play the medley in one shot, or as sets of one to three songs according to how they were recorded and composed.

On Wii, there's no album pack, so the album is delivered only as individual tracks or, for segments of the medley, multi-track sets.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh! Darling, Because and You Never Give Me Your Money cost 200 Wii Points ($2 / €2 / about £1.50) each. Her Majesty costs 100 Wii Points. The rest of the medley comes in pairs that cost 350 Wii Points ($3.50 / €3.50 / about £2.50): Sun King and Mean Mr. Mustard, Polythene Pam and She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight (the latter seguing into The End, which you already have, so it comes free).

Next up for the full album treatment are Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band next month, and Rubber Soul in December. Hopefully they'll be simpler.

£10.46 for three songs and the medley to complete Abbey Road, yowzers. I thought the remastered CDs were expensive.

Un-be-fucking-leivable :(

Looks like Abbey Road has been pulled for a week for EURO USERS ONLY! Out in US and apparantly coming 29th for Europe now - with NO announcement to confirm or why.

Fucking hate Sony sometimes.

In Game's Deal of the Week, complete set for 125 quid, the guitars reduced to 65 from 85 and the game down to 28 quid only.

Tis even lower now, Complete Band is 91ish for all platforms on Amazon, and Guitars around 48 quid.

Really tempted, Paul, can you sum up if this REALLY is that much better than GHWT stuff from Red Octane, cause if so, I'm defo getting more tempted now.

Tis even lower now, Complete Band is 91ish for all platforms on Amazon, and Guitars around 48 quid.

Really tempted, Paul, can you sum up if this REALLY is that much better than GHWT stuff from Red Octane, cause if so, I'm defo getting more tempted now.

Personally, I think its superb - but I DO think you have like the Beatles and know the songs a bit as the actual charts are pretty easy on the most part (even on Expert).

BUT, the quality of the instruments is brilliant and some of the little things they have innovated over the other games is good - like instant friend scoreboards on the song pages - really gives you an incentive to beat the scores.

I was looking for some videos of the kit on youtube, specifically the drums, there is still that plastic tap sound to them, which GHWT kit doesnt have, is it really annoying Paul or does it fade away? I wouldnt be too worried about adding cymbals, the basic drum kit would be enough for me I think, also, how does the Bass pedal compare? I heard the RB1 pedal was abit bobbins.

The RB1 pedal is horrible. Really hurts my ankle after a few songs and, along with the horrible tapping sound hitting the pads, is a big reason I hardly play the drums now :(

It's that fooking tapping sound that annoys the shit out of me, though I do tend to wear my Turtle Beaches while playing on my own, when it's social, it's tap, tap, tappety fucking tap, tap, tap repeat till fade.

Aye, playing with a group annoys everyone as you keep getting complaints from the others that they can't concentrate due to the constant tapping.

The RB2 drums are much better as the pads are softer, compared to the plastic of the RB1 kit.

I also brought the silencer pads (about £10 from Amazon) and they work well and its about the quietest you will get.

You have to put up with it though - I've got a Yamaha DTX4 kit and whilst not as bad as RB, you still get a tap/thud noise - its hitting something with a wooden stick, its going to make a noise! :LOL:

Ordered, dropped to 90 quid there on Amazon, and I'm done, no more games this month or next month.......................... only via trading.

If it had an export feature it would be PERFECT. This hardly ever gets played because I can't be arsed having to load up a whole new game just to play a few Beatles songs :((.

Back
Top Bottom