The Beatles : Rock Band

Went to my local Asda and they had them in stock but wouldnt sell because they'd be fined. Rubbish!

:LMAO:

That equals an epic win for me then :COOL:. Just tell them other ASDAs are selling them. Though mine didn't seem to give a toss either way, at one point I even told them the release date was supposed to be this Wednesday! She said "Well make sure you don't tell anyone then".

Told him about the other Asda's and he had none of it, didnt want to be fined. Oh well, i'll just get it on wednesday and i'm off that day anyway so got all day with it.

Day Tripper Achievement/Trophy:
Start a new Story save file and reach the credits within 24 hours.

:LOL: :CONFUSE:

Yeah me too :LMAO:. It's the Abbey Road stuff, as it's recordings they show dreamscapes and graphics sometimes. Looks cool but not if you got a headache or epilepsy!

Off-topic, but anyhow: for those who are interested about Beatles music, there (almost) entire back catalogue just has been remastered...

You have a choice between mono recordings (and the albums including Sergeant Pepper's were meant to be listened on mono, although everyone has them in stereo) and stereo recordings.

Revolver
Sgt Pepper's
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let it Be

are still among the best records ever...

Off-topic, but anyhow: for those who are interested about Beatles music, there (almost) entire back catalogue just has been remastered...

You have a choice between mono recordings (and the albums including Sergeant Pepper's were meant to be listened on mono, although everyone has them in stereo) and stereo recordings.

Revolver
Sgt Pepper's
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let it Be

are still among the best records ever...

Got a few of those, but only tend to listen to the 'hits' - but I'm trying to make more of an effort to listen to them as 'albums' as was intended back in the day.

Was really interesting to watch the documentary on TV Sunday about the Beatles, where it said they made 'singles' and everything else they considered not good enough to be a single, they made albums with!

Any advice for a new listener what to listen to first - whats considered the best album etc.

Finally, reminds me of a classic Alan Partridge quote.

Porter: "Oh yea, what is your favourite Beatles album then?"
Alan: "I'd have to say... The Best of the Beatles" :LOL:

I don't think you'd get a definitive best album but it's probably out of White Album, Revolver and Peppers I think?

It all depends on your personal tastes, In my opinion everything after Rubber Soul was absolute class but if I had to pick it would be Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, The Beatles (White Album) in that order.

After looking at apparently the hardest song in the game on drums (get back), I won't be getting this.

If I was more of a guitar player I would, but it simply wouldnt provide a challenge at all.

After looking at apparently the hardest song in the game on drums (get back), I won't be getting this.

If I was more of a guitar player I would, but it simply wouldnt provide a challenge at all.

I think you are missing out.

This game isnt about 'DragonForce' style licks. I've had more fun playing drums in this game than ANY other.

Its FUN and the music is timeless, most of the songs are easy(ier than modern rock), but for pure beats and rhythm, they fit the songs perfectly and are a blast to play.

Dont let it put you off honestly, you'll regret it!

There is still loads of challenge from the achievements, leaderboards and collecting all the unlockables.

For beginners : there are two best off albums a red (the early years) and a blue one.

But IMHO you have to listen to the albums and then it's definitely and always "The White album"....

The best song title ever is on that album: "everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey"

I think you are missing out.

This game isnt about 'DragonForce' style licks. I've had more fun playing drums in this game than ANY other.

Its FUN and the music is timeless, most of the songs are easy(ier than modern rock), but for pure beats and rhythm, they fit the songs perfectly and are a blast to play.

Dont let it put you off honestly, you'll regret it!

There is still loads of challenge from the achievements, leaderboards and collecting all the unlockables.

You are very close to convincing me mate!!

Its only that I have GH5 to buy, Dirt, FIFA 10 soon, MW2 that im thinking of putting it off.
The Bank account cant keep up, at least until I get my new job over christmas!

Presentation is awesome, I love unlocking stuff as well :D

Just got to Chapter 3 and enjoying it so far.

Presentation is awesome, I love unlocking stuff as well :D

Just got to Chapter 3 and enjoying it so far.

Still waiting delivery on my PS3 version... do the achievements work same as the Wii - i.e. it has a progress bar next to each one so you know how much more you have to do?

Love that idea.

Have you unlocked the Christmas Single yet? Very nice addition - one for the hardcore fans I suppose, but I can appreciate it.

Yep, it has a trophy section and has a side column next to the trophie task listing what you have and haven't done. Another great feature :)

Unlocked the Christmas single and thought it was pretty funny listening to it :)

Edit: The Abbey Road stuff isn't great for the most part, especially the second chapter in Abbey Road (67-68). "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is fucking quality though :COOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree about the Abbey Road sets :YAWN:. One or two good songs in there though. Getting Better is brilliant I think :)).

If I remember rightly, there wasn't much to do on guitar for that?

Not liking the Apple Corp songs apart from Don't Get Me Down.

Seems I liked their earlier to early-mid stuff :) Seems all of their later songs just focus on HOPOs a LOT more and it's a pain because I'm getting old now and can't move my fingers fast enough :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree about the Abbey Road sets :YAWN:. One or two good songs in there though. Getting Better is brilliant I think :)).

Yeah tim one of my faves "Man i was mean now i,m changing my scene and i,m doing the best that i can" :WHISTLE: Classic

All You Need Is Love is out today for the Xbox :COOL:.

And Dags, you need to get out more mate. You may as well return the game already for a refund if you've completed it!

Back
Top Bottom